Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? (11874 Views)

2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Learn to read instructions.

this is not an advert section.

Then you should have just told me the price all these while and not stylishly end up giving me the link also for everyone.
I asked for the price and not the link; tell me who is now going against the rule of the house.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:

Then you should have just told me the price all these while and not stylishly end up giving me the link also for everyone.
I asked for the price and not the link; tell me who is now going against the rule of the house.

It's a choice, I chose not to give you price, same way if you show up and tell me your profile name, I will not sell the oil to you.

Choice.

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

What you pour into your engine is none of my business.

I drove from ogba to yaba to buy Amala today in white house. it is a choice, there was Amala and eba in ikeja but I didn't buy.

This has nothing to do with it. We are talking about availability of the oil that you are selling like what is the guarantee that I will see it to use when next I want to service my car.

Like the other person said on your thread that he had to use another oil when he didn't see that to buy. Won't that have bad effect on his car compared to consistently using XHP that I've been using for mine for so long without issue, which is being kicked against for whatever reason known to you all though I long know and read the oil spec written on the engine but it could not be readily found in Nigeria.

My point is and has been that it is better to be using the same quality oil that is always readily available and accessible anywhere than the other way round. Have you ever ask mobil their reason of not officially selling the said oil in Nigeria since they are the maker; we need to be applying common sense in whatever though.

Is it that we Nigerians cannot afford to buy the oil or what did they tell you or what do you think could be the reason?
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:40pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:

This has nothing to do with it. We are talking about availability of the oil that you are selling like what is the guarantee that I will see it to use when next I want to service my car.

Like the other person said on your thread that he had to use another oil when he didn't see that to buy. Won't that have bad effect on his car compared to using XHP that I've been using for mine for so long without issue, which is being kicked against for whatever reason know to you all though I long know and read the oil spec written on the engine.

My point is and has been that it is better to be using the same quality oil that is always readily available and accessible anywhere that the other way round. Have you ever ask mobil their reason of not officially selling the said oil in Nigeria since they are the maker; we need to be applying common sense in whatever though.

Not very common.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

It's a choice, I chose not to give you price, same way if you show up and tell me your profile name, I will not sell the oil to you.

Choice.

Lol! Did I ever tell you I want to change from Mobil XHP that I've using which is working for me let alone coming to you
that I want to buy the oil from you.

Even if for whatever reason that I decide to be using synthetic engine oil for my next car, I know how to ship them myself directly
from USA with the cheapest rate, affordable yet reliable shipping route.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:
My toks Honda EOD 05 never short oil till I will service and change it oil after covering 5000 miles for 2 years.

I just started noticing short of oil recently which do trigger check engine to show up and then go after a while. Upon topping it up with 1 litre of Mobil XHP which is the oil that I normally use, the check engine turned off itself and it never came back again.

Low oil level could trigger check engine in some cars! !!
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:

Lol! Did I ever tell you I want to change from Mobil XHP that I've using which is working for me let alone coming to you

Even if for whatever reason that I decide to be using synthetic engine oil for my next car, I know how to ship them myself directly

That's where you need common sense.
Purchase handling and shoping of 1 carton of oil from the U.S will cost?

I am sure you done have a clue.

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=65539232][/quote]

Don't just quote my post; do say something when you quote so that it will cleared.

Such act speaks alot looking at it psycologically!
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:

Don't just quote my post; do say something when you quote so that it will cleared.

Such act speaks alot looking at it psycologically!

I am quoting you so people do not skip your lack of knowledge.

. legalwealth:
My toks Honda EOD 05 never short oil till I will service and change it oil after covering 5000 miles for 2 years.

I just started noticing short of oil recently which do trigger check engine to show up and then go after a while. Upon topping it up with 1 litre of Mobil XHP which is the oil that I normally use , the check engine turned off itself and it never came back again.

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That's where you need common sense.
Purchase handling and shoping of 1 carton of oil from the U.S will cost?

I am sure you done have a clue.

Common sense should have also told you that there are ways of reducing cost of shipping items in the importation brouhaha.

I don't want to say much about myself when it to dealing with such; it is obvious you don't know a pinch about me.

You can go back to my earlier posts regarding buying and shipping Catalyst converter and co myself from USA. For your information,
I also imported the customized backlight myself from USA which should let you have idea that shipping anything from USA is not a problem to
me because I know its code.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:

you are 1 of the reasons, people do not buy Nigerian used cars.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
legalwealth:

Common sense should have also told you that there are ways of reducing cost of shipping items in the importation brouhaha.

I don't want to say much about myself when it to dealing with such; it is obvious you don't know a pinch about me.

I know you know nothing about vehicle maintenance. I also know you know how to run your mouth.

Keep info of "your self" to your self, we are talking engine oil.

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by LeJeun3: 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
LeJeun3:

I get time today.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:00am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

You can go back to my earlier posts regarding buying and shipping Catalyst converter and co myself from USA. For your information,
I also imported the customized backlight myself from USA which should let you have idea that shipping anything from USA is not a problem to

insecurity.

Stop modifying your posts,
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you are 1 of the reasons, people do not buy Nigerian used cars.

Lol! That might be right but it is because most Nigerians though not all lack maintenance culture of which I'm very loaded with maintenance
culture not only on cars but everything that I have.

Aside the oil which you are only defending for your own selfish reasons, scroll to the previous page
to see my 2 years EOD and tell me if I lack maintenance culture.

Yes! I used and I'm using mobil XHP for my car since 2 years and I have peace of mind. Gone are the
days when engine that can be replaced even with better one is CAR, the body is now and as been confirmed to be the CAR.

Even if the engine of the car decides to request for new one after consistently using Mobil XHP oil for 2 years without any
Bleep up, I will gladly change it even to better one.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

why should I? You still do not know the cost of purchase, shoping and handling of 1 carton of oil.

Bla bla bla catalyst and back light, but you do not know the basic requirements a modern day vehicle requires.

Your excuse of availability shows your inability to be resourceful.

Sadly your engine is already shorting oil on 20w50,
you can imagine what will happen when you pour the right oil weight.

In 2 years you single handedly ruined a vehicle that was perfect since 2005

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 12:07am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

insecurity.

Stop modifying your posts,

This is of no use here than trying to justify yourself... There is nothing bad in modifying post especially for
the purpose of adding to it. Seun that added the modify button knows what he is doing.

Answer all the questions that I've thrown at you; don't use style to dodge them my friend.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

Lol! That might be right but it is because most Nigerians though not all lack maintenance culture of which I'm very loaded with maintenance
culture not only on cars but everything that I have.

Aside the oil which you are only defending for your own selfish reasons, scroll to the previous page
to see my 2 years EOD and tell me if I lack maintenance culture.

Yes! I used and I'm using mobil XHP for my car since 2 years and I have peace of mind. Gone are the
days when engine that can be replaced even with better one is CAR, the body is now and as been confirmed to be the CAR.

[s]Even if the engine of the car decides to request for new one after consistently using Mobil XHP oil for 2 years without any
Bleep up, I will gladly change it even to better one.[/s]

one of the reasons I am still in business.

Please continue to use 20w50 and killing your engine in 5,000miles.

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:10am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

This is of no use here than trying to justify yourself... There is nothing bad in modifying post especially for
the purpose of adding to it. Seun that added the modify button knows what he is doing.

Answer all the questions that I've thrown at you; don't use style to dodge them my friend.

modifying posts shows you are insecure.

You had an after thought.

You can always press the reply button and add a new post.

That's what real men do.

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by LeJeun3: 12:11am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I get time today.

I just dey laugh for where I dey!

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

why should I? You still do not know the cost of purchase, shoping and handling of 1 carton of oil.

Bla bla bla catalyst and back light, but you do not know the basic requirements a modern day vehicle requires.

Your excuse of availability shows your inability to be resourceful.

Sadly your engine is already shorting oil on 20w50,
you can imagine what will happen when you pour the right oil weight.

In 2 years you single handedly ruined a vehicle that was perfect since 2005

Looking at the bolded, it is a very big shame that this is coming from a supposed god of mechanic on nairaland.

Even if the engine of any car knocks out does not mean a vehicle is ruined. What happened to changing of
engine even to the one better than the one that came with it?

As I've said earlier, gone are the days when engine is the car, the body is now the car. Even if the engine gets
ruined, it will be replaced. It is only when a body is rust to the core or it gets totally damaged/deformed by fatal
accident that we can call it ruined. I've just borrowed you common sense regarding that which you do not know.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

I just started noticing short of oil recently which do trigger check engine to show up and then go after a while. Upon topping it up with 1 litre of Mobil XHP which is the oil that I normally use, the check engine turned off itself and it never came back again.

If you had read your owners manual,
and asked questions, your engine would still be perfect.

Now you are here bragging that you will replace the fucking engine.

smart man.

will you import the engine too? grin
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 12:18am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

If you had read your owners manual,
and asked questions, your engine would still be perfect.

Now you are here bragging that you will replace the fucking engine.

smart man.

will you import the engine too? grin

Shuu! My ever working common sense will tell me that it is too heavy and also, OEM engines are available in Nigeria because it is not something that can be faked or made inferior or made substandard like they do to most spare parts coming into Nigeria.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:19am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:
[/b]

Looking at the bolded, it is a very big shame that this is coming from a supposed god of mechanic on nairaland.

Even if the engine of any car knocks out does not mean a vehicle is ruined. What happened to changing of
engine even to the one better than the one that came with it?

As I've said earlier, gone are the days when engine is the car, the body is now the car. Even if the engine gets
ruined, it will be replaced. It is only when a body is rust to the core or it gets totally damaged/deformed by fatal
accident that we can call it ruined. I've just borrowed you common sense regarding that which you do not know.

It is a shame that your engine needs a replacement after 2years of use in nigeria, simply because you cannot go on Julia, or konga to buy the right oils.

It is a shame that with all your so called importation knowledge, you do not know how to import engine oil for your car.

It is a shame that you feel replacing your engine every 2 years is normal.

It is a shame that you are bragging about it.

It is good a mechanic will collect money from you to do all this.

it is a shame that you will not know the mileage of the replacement engine you will put into your car when the time comes.

It is a shame that it might short oil too, because the last user was like you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:21am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

Shuu! My ever working common sense will tell me that it is too heavy and also, OEM engines are available in Nigeria because it is not something that can be faked or made inferior or made substandard like they do to most spare parts coming into Nigeria.

I am sure you will go to honda and buy a brand new one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:23am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

5w20? Or your 20w50 mobil xhp?
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 12:24am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

It is a shame that your engine needs a replacement after 2years of use in nigeria, simply because you cannot go on Julia, or konga to buy the right oils.

It is a shame that with all your so called importation knowledge, you do not know how to import engine oil for your car.

It is a shame that you feel replacing your engine every 2 years is normal.

It is a shame that you are bragging about it.

It is good a mechanic will collect money from you to do all this.

it is a shame that you will not know the mileage of the replacement engine you will put into your car when the time comes.

It is a shame that it might short oil too, because the last user was like you.

Lol! Stop dragging this issue backward. Are you still talking about the Mobil kind of oil that is not readily available in Nigeria?
And still bent on attacking someone that has been consistently using Mobil XHP for 2 years?

For your information, my engine is still working perfectly and it will never need replacement in the next 2 years. I can give you
the chance to come over for its evaluation and I'm very sure that you will attest to it that it is still very sound even more than
most so-called tokunbos let alone most Nigeria used that have used 2 years like mine.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by legalwealth(m): 12:29am On Mar 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

5w20? Or your 20w50 mobil xhp?

Please! Answer all my questions thrown at you before asking question such uncalled for question for the sake of asking question.

Then I will see it making common sense replying you let alone managing to answer your uncalled for question(s) asked and point(s) raised henceforth.
Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:30am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

Lol! Stop dragging this issue backward. Are you still talking about the Mobil kind of oil that is not readily available in Nigeria?
And still bent on attacking someone that has been consistently using Mobil XHP for 2 years?

For your information, my engine is still working perfectly and it will never need replacement in the next 2 years . I can give you
the chance to come over for its evaluation and I'm very sure that you will attest to it that it is still very sound even more than
most so-called tokunbos let alone most Nigeria used that have used 2 years like mine.

your engine cannot travel from lagos to borno (4000km) and back without needing an oil top up.

I am stating this based on your own posts.

my motorcycle in the workshop has a cleaner bill of health.

You know nothing about maintaining a modern day car.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:36am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

The is the result of abuse.

let me educate you a bit.

If low oil level cause your check engine light to trigger it means your oil level was so low that it caused a drop in oil pressure, for a honda, immediately that happens engine switches to limp mode.

Now let's go deeper.

Between the upper and lower marks on your oil dip stick is exactly 1 liter of oil.

Now here's what you didn't want to tell us.

before your engine can loose oil pressure you would need a minimum of 2-2.5liters of oil in the oil pan when engine is running.

Total engine oil capacity of your engine is roughly 5liters of oil.

My submissions, your engine shorts over 2-3liters of oil presently.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:40am On Mar 04, 2018
legalwealth:

For your information, my engine is still working perfectly and it will never need replacement in the next 2 years. I can give you

imagine every one took your advise?
Business will be booming for mechanics.

Calculate the number of vehicles in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Is GOLF 3 Fuel Economy When One Uses AC 24/7? / Six Ways To Preserve The Resale Value Of Your Car / My Defender Project.....!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.