Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals (13046 Views)

FG Orders Release Of Dasuki And Sowore / Abuja Court To Grant Accelerated Hearing To Sowore's Suit Against NEDG/BON Debat / President Buhari Is One Of The Major Recipients Of Dasuki Money - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by DONSMITH123(m): 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Maitama, Abuja to give an accelerated hearing to the trial of a former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission prosecuting Dasuki and others before the FCT High Court on charges bordering on alleged diversion of multi-billion naira funds earmarked for purchase of arms meant to be used to fight the insurgency in the North-East.

The five-man panel of the apex court headed by Justice Dattijo Muhammad noted in a judgment on two separate appeals by Dasuki on Friday, that the trial initiated in 2015, had been frustrated at the FCT High Court by various interlocutory applications and appeals.

The five Justices on the apex court’s panel unanimously gave the order for accelerated hearing of the trial after dismissing Dasuki’s two appeals on Friday.

The ex-NSA’s appeals had sought an order putting on hold his trial until he is released from “unlawful” detention by the Department of State Service.

Dasuki had appealed to the Supreme Court against the judgments of the June 15, 2016 Court of Appeal, Abuja, which had affirmed the earlier separate rulings of the FCT High Court.

Both the FCT High Court and the Court of Appeal had dismissed Dasuki’s prayers, ruling that his re-arrest by the operatives of the DSS after he met his bail conditions and was released from Kuje prison on December 29, 2015, did amount to the disobedience of the trial court’s order granting him bail.

Justice Ejembi Eko, who prepared and read the lead judgment of the Supreme Court on Friday, affirmed the concurrent findings of the trial court and the Court of Appeal.

The apex court, agreeing with EFCC’s lawyer, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), ruled that Dasuki’s appeals lacked in merit and were fraught with ulterior motive of frustrating his trial.

http://punchng.com/supreme-court-orders-accelerated-hearing-of-dasukis-trial-dismisses-appeals/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by SweetLove0(f): 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
DASUKI the father christmas. He still dey alive?

15 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by docadams: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
End of one road for Dasuki. The next turn likely heading to Kuje

8 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by wakaman: 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good one, oya yanmiri Voltron force, come and analyse, instigate, chest beat and defend dasuki as Kanu don Pai.

cc yanmiri youths, yanmiri elders, ipob criminals...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by KwoiZabo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
I know Dasuki's trial is deliberately delayed because he is AbQki. Once again I pity all those from SouthSouth that did not support GEJ.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by RogueX: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
Buhari is laughing in Spanish.

Car that they have removed the tire and engine! That's the case they want to accelerate.

He gon die there. Deservedly so... Corruption with boko haram money!

Buhari
N.a. craze. Man be that
Animal in human skin

But I support this one, where metuh? grin

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Nltaliban(m): 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
SweetLove0:
DASUKI the father christmas. He still dey alive?
docadams:
End of one road for Dasuki. The next turn likely heading to Kuje

buhari will cover him

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by TDEMONEW(m): 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
;Ddasuki still de detention. omo buhari suffers this guy ooo

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
angry

All I see here is a payback move from Buhari....

How long does it take to prosecute a looter even after gathering enough evidence against him?.

Too bad some people still fall for this scam of a government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by omowolewa: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
Accelerated hearing after 3 year in jail.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by IME1: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
Not good enough undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
Following.......
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by hubtiva: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
lol
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by RexTramadol1: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
I met him once in 2014

He didn't greet me well

So I casted father Xmas spell on him
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Desyner: 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
See im cheeks
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by DakulBilly001: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2018
...no peace for the wicked!!!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
sad
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Jethrolite(m): 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
Buhari is proving to be very vengeful with this man. Even if he doesn't get a second term, he will feel really satisfied but I doubt he will grow older in peace should the wrong people come to power.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Dansuki, the ATM. Continue enjoying your watery beans behind the bars. grin

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by usba: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Pigs and idiots please come and lick oga Dasuki shithole and condemn the supreme court for dismissing one of your favourite lies, unlawful detention.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by usba: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
[s]
Jethrolite:
Buhari is proving to be very vengeful with this man. Even if he doesn't get a second term, he will feel really satisfied but I doubt he will grow older in peace should the wrong people come to power.
[/s]

grin grin e pain am dieee

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by afbstrategies: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
ok
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by free2ryhme: 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
DONSMITH123:
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Maitama, Abuja to give an accelerated hearing to the trial of a former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission prosecuting Dasuki and others before the FCT High Court on charges bordering on alleged diversion of multi-billion naira funds earmarked for purchase of arms meant to be used to fight the insurgency in the North-East.

The five-man panel of the apex court headed by Justice Dattijo Muhammad noted in a judgment on two separate appeals by Dasuki on Friday, that the trial initiated in 2015, had been frustrated at the FCT High Court by various interlocutory applications and appeals.

The five Justices on the apex court’s panel unanimously gave the order for accelerated hearing of the trial after dismissing Dasuki’s two appeals on Friday.

The ex-NSA’s appeals had sought an order putting on hold his trial until he is released from “unlawful” detention by the Department of State Service.

Dasuki had appealed to the Supreme Court against the judgments of the June 15, 2016 Court of Appeal, Abuja, which had affirmed the earlier separate rulings of the FCT High Court.

Both the FCT High Court and the Court of Appeal had dismissed Dasuki’s prayers, ruling that his re-arrest by the operatives of the DSS after he met his bail conditions and was released from Kuje prison on December 29, 2015, did amount to the disobedience of the trial court’s order granting him bail.

Justice Ejembi Eko, who prepared and read the lead judgment of the Supreme Court on Friday, affirmed the concurrent findings of the trial court and the Court of Appeal.

The apex court, agreeing with EFCC’s lawyer, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), ruled that Dasuki’s appeals lacked in merit and were fraught with ulterior motive of frustrating his trial.

http://punchng.com/supreme-court-orders-accelerated-hearing-of-dasukis-trial-dismisses-appeals/
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by udemzyudex(m): 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
Jethrolite:

Exactly my thought, they are only setting an example for others to follow. I guess that's why they are doing everything to remain in power come 2019,cos if another administration takes over, it's going to be do me i do you.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Hintboy: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Jethrolite(m): 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

Exactly my thought, they are only setting an example for others to follow. I guess that's why they are doing everything to remain in power come 2019,cos if another administration takes over, it's going to be do me i do you.
You totally get the point.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by erico2k2(m): 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
KwoiZabo:
I know Dasuki's trial is deliberately delayed because he is AbQki. Once again I pity all those from SouthSouth that did not support GEJ.
Nah cos they have published what he never said and don't want him to come to the same public to say he did not say such, last time they tried it, he said he cant remember grin, since then, the have stopped the dansuki says this Dansuki says that
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Jethrolite(m): 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

grin grin e pain am dieee
Pain me? This is politics, those that are sensible enough like me know not to take it personally unlike daft online volunteer messengers like you that nobody knows in life who take everything personally.
Re: Supreme Court Orders Accelerated Hearing Of Dasuki’s Trial, Dismisses Appeals by Akolawole(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nltaliban:

buhari will cover him

Ridiculous!

The same Buhari who refused to release him for almost 3 years will now cover him ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

'You Are The Cause Of APC Crises In Rivers' - Wike To Amaechi / APC Suspends Segun Oni Over Anti Party Activities / No Going Back On Amotekun, Stakeholders Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.