Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece (43816 Views)

Hulk & His Niece, Camila Sousa Are Expecting A Child (Photos) / Spanish Fans Angry At Hazard's Reaction To Being Kicked Out Of Champions League / Sadio Mane Angry At Mohamed Salah In Touchline Bust-up (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:51am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:
So his neice can't make mistakes, and learn from them, and build her character. She belongs to a man so she must be trained for him.

I don't blame him... you can't have it all grin

#Brains&Beauty #B&B
and you hv none of it

5 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:52am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:

i havent seen his interview but going by the excerpt posted - it seems he considers marriage to be the sole life goal of a woman and all she should be trained towards

seems like this is the naija guys fantasy
hot dumb and trained from birth to mindlessly obey your every command
every guy
naija or not

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by efavour: 6:53am On Mar 03, 2018
Guidette:
Do Naija men even know what the feminist movement brought to this world? Women working to earn a living. So if you are a man looking for a working woman, but hate "feminists", then you are complicit in this movement. Why not get you a housewife and stop complaining about anything. Don't do business with women at all, like visiting female doctors or lawyers or pharmacists or bankers or engineers. Afterall, women need to be in the house only nurturing and taking care of your kids while men go and bring the daily bread home, right?

Don't be two faced or hypocritical. You cannot be anti-feminism yet be a party to why it existed in the very first place then. Just my 2 cents.
Are even minding all these African educated illiterates. Even our fellow women will also open mouth and abuse feminists while enjoying benefits and freedom fought for and provided by them, African as a whole still have long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Exponental(m): 6:54am On Mar 03, 2018
No believe in gender equality..... but truly, no matter how successful she may be, her morals will be her guide and he sounded like he
cares less if the son grows to be irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:57am On Mar 03, 2018
Guidette:
Do Naija men even know what the feminist movement brought to this world?
what utter bakderdash
women hv been working since eve
feminists just wanted mens good jobs even though they not qualified
Women working to earn a living.
women livre to work
So if you are a man looking for a working woman,
no one is
we just prefer it
but hate "feminists", then you are complicit in this movement. Why not get you a housewife and stop complaining about anything. Don't do business with women at all, like visiting female doctors or lawyers or pharmacists or bankers or engineers.
we don;t we visit doctors engineers and pharmacists priod
Afterall, women need to be in the house only nurturing and taking care of your kids while men go and bring the daily bread home, right?
yep

Don't be two faced or hypocritical. You cannot be anti-feminism yet be a party to why it existed in the very first place then. Just my 2 cents.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Sanchez01: 6:57am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiBrutus:
"Feminist" the most abused word on cyberspace. If you want lots of Nairaland guys to come barking like dogs, just sensationalise your heading with that one word...feminist. They won't address the topic logically, just insult and attack cheesy

I don't think the issue should be him wanting his niece to be a respectful woman [who wouldn't want that?], but him not ensuring same values are instilled in his son.

He reinforced the opinion that female kids are more trained than their male counterparts. The males just have to be men, that's okay. The women can also lazy around, just have good family morals. These male kids grow up to be a "man's man"...deficient of basic family morals, and we expect them to be good husbands to the respectable lady.

How long will that work? Both genders are already getting tired of shouldering deficient spouses.

Anyway, it's his belief.
I can only pray it benefits the parties involved.

Any man who has a problem with the female child being trained to be financially dependent on a man, but has no problem with this...
Hmmm, H, Y, P...for the HYP, for the HYPOCRITE grin.
I'm indifferent about feminists and feminism but most men learn using the heuristic method. A woman can't be left to chance to learn in such manner. Her life might go south before she knows what hit her.

A peculiar problem with Nigeria's brand of feminism is that most adopt this hallowed title after a failed relationship. It's almost like a canopy title to vent resentments and frustrations.

I am not sure most males have issues with having to be with a financially independent woman. The underlying factor is what bothers many. I hate to say this but the truth remains; a man and a woman are not the same.

For AJ, there are a couple of errors in his statement but it does not take out the fact that ladies are more vulnerable than their male counterpart, particularly in their formative stages.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by wazobianaija: 7:00am On Mar 03, 2018
honestly, me i cannot see anything bad in what he has said, he is just being an african man.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by gokefolaranmi(m): 7:01am On Mar 03, 2018
How come you are all missing this? He did say there were things he will be strict about with his son.

"I don’t think I’m that strict with Joseph, I don’t know why. But with my niece I’m strict. I think it is because she is older, but also he’s a boy – he’s going to be a man’s man, he’ll want to spread his wings, be a Jack-the-lad, build his character. But I am sure there are things I will be strict about".

6 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 7:02am On Mar 03, 2018
efavour:
Are even minding all these African educated illiterates. Even our fellow women will also open mouth and abuse feminists while enjoying benefits and freedom fought for and provided by them, African as a whole still have long way to go.

That's because todays feminists have lost their way. It used to be equality now they just hate men. Probably because the movement was hijacked by people that have made bad choices in their life and could not deal with it

6 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:03am On Mar 03, 2018
Xhosanostra, come and eat.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 7:07am On Mar 03, 2018
Sanchez01:

I'm indifferent about feminists and feminism but most men learn using the heuristic method. A woman can't be left to chance to learn in such manner. Her life might go south before she knows what hit her.

A peculiar problem with Nigeria's brand of feminism is that most adopt this hallowed title after a failed relationship. It's almost like a canopy title to vent resentments and frustrations.

I am not sure most males have issues with having to be with a financially independent woman. The underlying factor is what bothers many. I hate to say this but the truth remains; a man and a woman are not the same.

For AJ, there are a couple of errors in his statement but it does not take out the fact that ladies are more vulnerable than their male counterpart, particularly in their formative stages.

Exactly.. These feminists screaming to be treated like men can not handle being treated like men. I don't treat ladies the same way I treat men.. Beat up my lil bro I might overlook but beat up my lil sis u better run for your life.. I am sure that what Joshua was trying to say

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by donogaga(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2018
donstan18:

Shut d'fvck up... Social media claimers.

What character is she building?, what's wrong with what he said, he wants to be strict to his niece, so?

Is she your "Niece"? , is Anthony Joshua life and decision suppose to be your concern?, huh?

Yes, he knows what African culture entails, he knows that her niece will grow to be someone's wife, he has every right to father her strictly the way he wants.

All the ladies that weren't brought up strictly and great discipline, what did they turn out to be? whoré, hoe, bitches and wannabe feminists that does nothing than to sleep around and ask for money from men due to their inability to become a responsible woman, wife and mother to the society.

You typed of beauty and brain, which one do you have?, he doesn't have beauty and brain, yet he's at the level he his..... Your type can even reach orgasm at the sight of him, yet will come here to form pooooo!

Once again... Shut d'fvck up and mind your business.

You dare not tell a Nigerian man how to train his kids or siblings.. You dare not....Train your own the way you want, don't decide for others.

God bless you abundantly bro.

Spot on.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by efavour: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2018
stanech:

That's because todays feminists have lost their way. It used to be equality now they just hate men. Probably because the movement was hijacked by people that have made bad choices in their life and could not deal with it
Nobody hijacked anything. That men should be taught good morals and responsibilities like women is not out of order, these men are someone future husband. Just like no man wants a totally dependent woman, no woman wants a morally bankrupt who is just an ATM . If that's is the case, we will all become a baby mama ,collect out check and save ourselves a whole lot if troubles

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2018
I remember that Tenins player making a remark about where serena williams would be ranked if they she plays in the male category and all hell broke looose.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by loswhite(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:
So his neice can't make mistakes, and learn from them, and build her character. She belongs to a man so she must be trained for him.

#Brains&Beauty #B&B
yeah you are very correct u can have it all....in your case your don't even have any one

6 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 7:17am On Mar 03, 2018
efavour:
Nobody hijacked anything. That men should be taught good morals and responsibilities like women is not out of order, these men are someone future husband. Just like no man wants a totally dependent woman, no woman wants a morally bankrupt who is just an ATM . If that's is the case, we will all become a baby mama ,collect out check and save ourselves a whole lot if troubles

Common men are thought good morals who says they should not? Truth is we do not hold men and women in the same standard because the truth remains that social vices have more negative impact on women than men. That is why we do not hold them to the same standard.

Truth is most of these mordern feminists made bad choices earlier in life and have grown up to view men as the enemy.

5 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by bamoski(m): 7:17am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:

#Brains&Beauty #B&B

Funny how feminists end up depressed while humble women build their family into a happy home with love and respect.

11 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2018
The Worst that will happen with fallen women is hat they will be prostitutes

We see fallen men paraded on home page every day as rapists, robbers, murderers. So who is more dangerous if not properly trained?

The 'weaker vessels' or the ones with capacity for violence?

And some people actually believe only female children are at risk to be molested?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Maj196(m): 7:29am On Mar 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Excuse me? What does this have to do with me?
I don't know the women you're used to, but don't fucking insult me when I've done nothing to you. If I start with you now, ehn grin

Don't disrespect me, dude.
Sorry but I just 8 feminist... y'all just gotta get over the fact dat men will always be d beta sex tongue

6 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by lastempero: 7:33am On Mar 03, 2018
Thats our way of life or have all ya forgotten the definition of culture during ur primary school days.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by harriet412(f): 7:33am On Mar 03, 2018
Guidette:
Do Naija men even know what the feminist movement brought to this world? Women working to earn a living. So if you are a man looking for a working woman, but hate "feminists", then you are complicit in this movement. Why not get you a housewife and stop complaining about anything. Don't do business with women at all, like visiting female doctors or lawyers or pharmacists or bankers or engineers. Afterall, women need to be in the house only nurturing and taking care of your kids while men go and bring the daily bread home, right?

Let me get u right, every Working class lady is a feminist

8 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by laxetude: 7:47am On Mar 03, 2018
harriet412:

Let me get u right, every Working class lady is a feminist

Help me ask abeg.. Confused set of people.

5 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2018
oneblackguy:
i don't know what the fuss is all about sef.
fact is, females are more prone to social vices than males and so need stricter monitoring.

the average female child is more prone to sexual molestation and harassment than the average male child.

a female child will find it much easier to get laid than a male child.

so tell me, who needs more protection??
for God's sake, the two can never require the same amount of descipline....never.
it's the duty of the parents to guard female children more securely than males atleast until they turn 18 when they can decide for themselves.

I disagree. Will the females sexually molest and get laid on their own? If they become wayward, chances are a man was involved. My opinion, the boy child needs to be disciplined and taught good morals, just as much as the girl child. If I have a son, God willing, I'm not raising him any different from my daughter. Strict discipline for both.

6 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by new2012: 7:54am On Mar 03, 2018
Amarabae:
Dumb statement.
So his niece will be trained to be a wife while he will never train the sun on how to be responsible
I don't blame him,
How can a guy who has a child out of wedlock be thinking about installing responsibility in another person.
He needs a hot slap

I dont think its his responsibility to train the sun or the moon.

When next u see him in an airport, please slap him. How're you going to stay there and be slapping people with your mouth?

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:55am On Mar 03, 2018
its just the way things are. in my own house my parents are more strict and infact even more caring to my sisters than they are with the boys. imagine, all the boys in my family attended military school where your fuckups are treated with koboko ( i was never a stubborn child) but am sure my parents felt it will complement on thier own home training but the girls attended fancy and when i say fancy i mean fancy private schools where schools fees run into hundreads of thousands and i think the extra care was given to them because we all know how the society is and people always feel boys will always find thier ways with little guide but ladies need extra care in oder not to become victims of the societal vices. so for me ooo, i see nothing wrong in being abit more strict in training your girls over the boys, they need it.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by XhosaNostra(f): 7:57am On Mar 03, 2018
Maj196:
Sorry but I just 8 feminist... y'all just gotta get over the fact dat men will always be d beta sex tongue

You hate feminists, then go ahead & hate them, but don't take out your hatred on me. I have never identified myself as one because I'm NOT one.

In my eyes everyone is an equal. That's not a feminist view, that's being a human being. I have no master on earth, except for the man that gave me life. My worshipping & submission ends with him! That's my dad in case I'm not clear enough. Anyone else...well you know grin

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by XhosaNostra(f): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2018
WORLDPEACE:
Xhosanostra, come and eat.

Et tu Brute?

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Lumig: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2018
oneblackguy:
fact is, females are more prone to social vices than males and so need stricter monitoring.

the average female child is more prone to sexual molestation and harassment than the average male child.

for God's sake, the two can never require the same amount of descipline....never.
it's the duty of the parents to guard female children more securely than males atleast until they turn 18 when they can decide for themselves.
In fact you said my mind, female children needs more attention, training and has to be more disciplined. They are prone to bring shame to the family, I agree with AJ

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Lightening: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2018
donstan18:

Shut d'fvck up... Social media claimers.

What character is she building?, what's wrong with what he said, he wants to be strict to his niece, so?

Is she your "Niece"? , is Anthony Joshua life and decision suppose to be your concern?, huh?

Yes, he knows what African culture entails, he knows that her niece will grow to be someone's wife, he has every right to father her strictly the way he wants.

All the ladies that weren't brought up strictly and great discipline, what did they turn out to be? whoré, hoe, bitches and wannabe feminists that does nothing than to sleep around and ask for money from men due to their inability to become a responsible woman, wife and mother to the society.

You typed of beauty and brain, which one do you have?, he doesn't have beauty and brain, yet he's at the level he his..... Your type can even reach orgasm at the sight of him, yet will come here to form pooooo!

Once again... Shut d'fvck up and mind your business.

You dare not tell a Nigerian man how to train his kids or siblings.. You dare not....Train your own the way you want, don't decide for others.

Chaiiiii! Even horsewhip will not deliver this level of battery. Got you vex ooo

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Daeylar(f): 8:04am On Mar 03, 2018
I'm glad they set him straight.
Very disgusting misogynistic statement.

Tying the existence of a woman to a man straight from birth,
He will raise a man as a man, but he cannot raise the niece as a woman, she will be raised as "someone's wife." And will be given values not because it is best for her but because it is what will help her as "someone's wife"

he’ll want to spread his wings, be a Jack-the-lad, build his character

His son is allowed to live like a normal human being he is while he wants to start controlling the niece and train her to be this perfect infallible human being, and as if that isn't bad enough, he doesn't even do this because he feels it is best for "her" as a human being. He does this because she will be "someone's wife."

Very sad statement.

So a son shouldn't have good family morals? Rubbish.
Nothing about family and someone's husband for the son, but see how he centered the whole life of the niece around being "someone's wife".
The son is allowed to live like a normal human being, be raised and live as his own person. while the niece will be brought up as "someone's wife"

Sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 8:05am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

I disagree. Will the females sexually molest and get laid on their own? If they become wayward, chances are a man was involved. My opinion, the boy child needs to be disciplined and taught good morals, just as much as the girl child. If I have a son, God willing, I'm not raising him any different from my daughter. Strict discipline for both.

Yea one of them will be ok. Just one.

If groom a man to be like a woman he will become a woman.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 03, 2018
oneblackguy:

You dey mind all these feminist and male feminist , I'm guessing most of the men ( Antibrutus or what's his name ) don't have children yet , he doesn't know the level of care you give to your female child is not the same as the male child. As young as 8 year old females are facing sexual predators. The only thing wrong I find wrong is making it sound like the female child's highest calling is to be a wife

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Messi Receives A Guard Of Honour & Award From PSG Teammates, Staff / Kanu Nwankwo's Papilo FC Defeats First Bank FC 3-0 / Fans Slam Ronaldo For Undermining Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.