Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece (43799 Views)

Hulk & His Niece, Camila Sousa Are Expecting A Child (Photos) / Spanish Fans Angry At Hazard's Reaction To Being Kicked Out Of Champions League / Sadio Mane Angry At Mohamed Salah In Touchline Bust-up (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 9:05am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

No, it doesn't. I don't see how it is retrogressive. Societal progress preceded feminism. Britain was world power long before the enfranchisement of women in the 1920s. Society would develop with or without subjects like sexism. Not that I support sexism but people should stop making it look like societal development is contingent upon equality. Inequality in all its forms has never held society back.

You're joking, right? shocked
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 9:06am On Mar 03, 2018
FluidQueen:
You're the one with the Partial dyslexia here.

Incase You have problem reading, He said He'd let his son be who he wants to be. Build his Own character, be a Jack-the-lad, All on his own.

But the niece has to be Put on a leash, Has to be taught good morals and how to be a good, respectable WIFE. None of that exploring, Be-Who-You-Want-to-be Human attribute would be allowed. She has to be trained to be somebody's wife. Because that's all she was born to be, huh?

Lol. grin
You, him and all the people supporting him are synonymous to one word, HYPOCRITES!

The problem with you is that you hardly stay on the argument.

You argument was that Joshua is encouraging his son to be a nuisance and I directed you to the post for another reading through in case you missed where he said that he is not that strict on his son. My point is that the issue is not strictness but the level of strictness.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 9:07am On Mar 03, 2018
Ranks007:

The first woman made a mistake in the garden of Eden the world is yet to recover from. It must have been she has learnt from it. I guess. Women are much more likely to temper with a mistake they can't recover from compared to their male counterparts.
What TF is this, abeg?
Are you even listening to yourself? How do you even eat with such retrogressive mentality as this? How do you even stay alive? Who made this survey? Who performed it? Where did you regurgitate this codswallop Mentality from?

Please, sit your sexist ass down jhoor. You have no point.

Anthony Joshua is a man I very much admire for the moment I've learnt from him. He may have had a son out of wedlock which I presume is an avoidance to western hammer on divorce issues.
I'm sure your sexist Ass wouldn't say the same thing if he waa female. You give excuses for a baby daddy but wouldn't for a baby mama.
Your name should be RankHYPOCRITE.
Notwithstanding, his character of not ready to mingle with female fans carelessly despite the fame as other athletes his category would do has earned him my respect. I believe you can Judge rightly why he would not, from the words spoken about his niece. What he thinks about his niece is what he expects any woman his wife to be.
Hogwash

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 9:10am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

The problem with you is that you hardly stay on the argument.

You argument was that Joshua is encouraging his son to be a nuisance and I directed you to the post for another reading through in case you missed where he said that he is not that strict on his son. My point is that the issue is not strictness but the level of strictness.
Stay on my argument for a minute, will yah?

Do you think he's right? Instilling all those morals on a female child and training them to be nothing but a good, respectable wife while neglecting to teach the male child same doctrines?
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

You're joking, right? shocked

No, societal development is not contingent upon inequality. Without feminism, the world had seen massive development. As a matter of fact, progress has been more contributory to inequality than hostile toward it.

5 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 9:11am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

And thats what I'm talking about. If that man was raised well as a little boy with good morals, I'm sure the thought of hitting anybody (men included) wouldnt even cross his mind! His parents probably instilled more discipline on his sisters and forgot about him. Thats what I see is so wrong!

Not everyone will be raised up properly. We must always have terrible people living among us. Just one little wrong doing from a little girl can ruin her life forever.. But boys may turn it around and pretend it never happened. That is why we protect the girl child more than the boy..

Joshua is right. But these feminists are crazy

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 03, 2018
So finally Anthony Joshua has fish brain. No wonder he ended up as a fighter, boxer ni.... Fish brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:
The Worst that will happen with fallen women is hat they will be prostitutes

We see fallen men paraded on home page every day as rapists, robbers, murderers. So who is more dangerous if not properly trained?

The 'weaker vessels' or the ones with capacity for violence?

And some people actually believe only female children are at risk to be molested?

It's really funny. Seems the average Nigerian parent believes the worst thing is for a female child to turn out a prostitute...because that's all they ever come up with on a thread like this.

Who then are the drug dealers? Ritual killers? Yahoo boys? Rapists?
Robbers? Fulani herdsmen? Etc. Abi those ones don't need good family morals to avoid turning out that way?

A prostitute doesn't cause much damage. Chick is just going about her business grin grin. Good morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 9:15am On Mar 03, 2018
FluidQueen:
Stay on my argument for a minute, will yah?

Do you think he's right? Instilling all those morals on a female child and training them to be nothing but a good, respectable wife while neglecting to teach the male child same doctrines?

Go and read the statement again. He said there are issues he would be strict about concerning his son. It is mischievous to say that AJ believes his son needs no moral upbringing. I am sure some of the things he said he was sure he was going to be strict about is checking attitudes that would make him a bad man. He wants his niece to be a good woman. It is safe to assume that he wants his son to grow up to be a good man too.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

Go and read the statement again. He said there are issues he would be strict about concerning his son. It is mischievous to say that AJ believes his son needs no moral upbringing. I am sure some of the things he said he was sure he was going to be strict about is checking attitudes that would make him a bad man. He wants his niece to be a good woman. It is safe to assume that he wants his son to grow up to be a good man too.
You're dilly-dallying.

It's okay. I expected nothing less.
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Et tu Brute?

I thought you might have something say to A.J on behalf of our girls. He seems to share my belief that women only belong in the kitchen and the other room.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 03, 2018
neoapocalypse:

You dey mind all these feminist and male feminist , I'm guessing most of the men ( Antibrutus or what's his name ) don't have children yet , he doesn't know the level of care you give to your female child is not the same as the male child. As young as 8 years old females are facing sexual predators. The only thing wrong I find wrong is making it sound like the female child's highest calling is to be a wife

Oh, you know females as young as 8 are facing sexual predators.
Yet you still think these females need more training from childhood.

Please, who are these predators mostly comprised of? I guess males. Maybe if they were given enough attention from childhood and taught the right values, they wouldn't grow up to molest your 8yr old daughter. Don't you think so? Think!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

No, societal development is not contingent upon inequality. Without feminism, the world had seen massive development. As a matter of fact, progress has been more contributory to inequality than hostile toward it.

Do you know why the nordic countries have the highest Human Development Index and are generally ranked high in happiness reports? Because of equality policies.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2018
FluidQueen:
You're dilly-dallying.

It's okay. I expected nothing less.

You who is famous for never staying on arguments accusing me of dilly-dallying cheesy Such hypocrite.

Anyway, I don't see anything misogynist in Joshua's words. He never explicitly stated that he would let his son run wild unchecked. Joshua is very right to be stricter on his niece than his son. The level of strictness is not the same as level of moral inculcation.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiBrutus:

It's really funny. Seems the average Nigerian parent believes the worst thing is for a female child to turn out a prostitute...because that's all they ever come up with on a thread like this.

Robbers? Fulani herdsmen? Etc. Abi those ones don't need good family morals to avoid turning out that way?

A prostitute doesn't cause much damage. Chick is just going about her business grin grin. Good morning.

Yeah, and those prostitutes are there because there is demand for them. These same moral supermen are the patrons of prostitutes. If they weren't broke, without game and fugly, there would be no need for women who are paid for sex. Problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by marylandcakes: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2018
Dimples129:
So his neice can't make mistakes, and learn from them, and build her character. She belongs to a man so she must be trained for him.

I don't blame him... you can't have it all grin

#Brains&Beauty #B&B

What is she a dog? That needs to be trained. Both male and female kids need to be taught morals.
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by FluidQueen(f): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiBrutus:

lol. grin

My points exactly. ..
Why they keep ranting, bleating around is beyond me. All these rules on a female Child when the majority of folks In prison are members of their gender. Men! Why? Strict-less parenting. gringrin

the female child would only become one of three things.
A hoe, a baby mama, an Abortee.
None of these are illegal or Majorly fatal or even morally damaging.

But well, Bokoharams, ISIS, the worst Criminals . are mostly males with strict-LESS parental training too. Goodluck to them! . grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

Do you know why the nordic countries have the highest Human Development Index and are generally ranked high in happiness reports? Because of equality policies.

Equality policies is not the same as sincere equality which is a mirage. Policies are like chains. There is equality because it is forced by legislation. The happiness could as well be forced.

My point is that even in the face of blatant sexism, the Egyptians built the pyramids and invented the calender and made parchments. Development is not contingent upon equality. The world would progress even in the face of inequality. Do you even think inequality can ever be erased?

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Oh, you know females as young as 8 are facing sexual predators.
Yet you still think these females need more training from childhood.

Please, who are these predators mostly comprised of? I guess males. Maybe if they were given enough attention from childhood and taught the right values, they wouldn't grow up to molest your 8yr old daughter. Don't you think so? Think!!

Bend over and receive the discipline of the patriarchy, stubborn miseducated wrench!! angry angry angry

We will discipline these silly western ideas from your head till you know your place angry

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:

Yeah, and those prostitutes are there because there is demand for them. These same moral supermen are the patrons of prostitutes. If they weren't broke, without game and fugly, there would be no need for women who are paid for sex. Problem solved.

I guess patronising prostitutes is an evidence of good family morals. So, we can let that slide.

oyb:

Bend over and receive the discipline of the patriarchy, stubborn miseducated wrench!! angry angry angry

We will discipline these silly western ideas from your head till you know your place angry

LOL. Do I have to bend over?
Can't I receive it standing...? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by etrange: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2018
Lol... guys won't see anything wrong with this statement. It's natural.

Anthony said, "hey man, you can be whatever you want to be. Go out and explore. Find your own bearing and be great. And you woman, come here, you must be trained to respect and serve the man. Your wings must be clipped so you won't fly too high. I love you both".

So what's wrong? Lol

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

And thats what I'm talking about. If that man was raised well as a little boy with good morals, I'm sure the thought of hitting anybody (men included) wouldnt even cross his mind! His parents probably instilled more discipline on his sisters and forgot about him. Thats what I see is so wrong!

A tenage boy who was not raised properly could meet a tenage girl at a party and after a few drinks she's fvcked and gets pregnant she may not even know the father because she just met the guy.

The father of the guy may not know what his son did. But in few weeks time the mother of the girl will be looking for an abortion clinic. Ps this is a true story. The girl later died in the process she was just 16.. Till date no one knew the guy.. We should pamper protect and love our women not treat them as men...

Feminists are the true enemies of women. Most of them can't live hapily with a man they are unhappy and wants everyone to be miserable like them . Just like satan.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2018
BluntBoy:

Equality policies is not the same as sincere equality which is a mirage. Policies are like chains. There is equality because it is forced by legislation. The happiness could as well be forced.

My point is that even in the face of blatant sexism, the Egyptians built the pyramids and invented the calender and made parchments. Development is not contingent upon equality. The world would progress even in the face of inequality. Do you even think inequality can ever be erased?

Just wow. Maybe we should also continue with the slavery that was used to build the pyramids also.
And what sexism are you on about? The same society that had Cleopatra?

1 Like

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 9:32am On Mar 03, 2018
stanech:

Not everyone will be raised up properly. We must always have terrible people living among us. Just one little wrong doing from a little girl can ruin her life forever.. But boys may turn it around and pretend it never happened. That is why we protect the girl child more than the boy..

Joshua is right. But these feminists are crazy

So you also agree with him raising his niece with good morals because "...she will be someone's wife"? To me, and to people disagreeing with him, he's not even raising her well because good morals will help her flourish and succeed in life but rather because she will be somebody's wife. That "somebody's wife" part is what is honestly so insulting!
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2018
FluidQueen:
lol. grin

My points exactly. ..
Why they keep ranting, bleating around is beyond me. All these rules on a female Child when the majority of folks In prison are members of their gender. Men! Why? Strict-less parenting. gringrin

the female child would only become one of three things.
A hoe, a baby mama, an Abortee.
None of these are illegal or Majorly fatal or even morally damaging.

But well, Bokoharams, ISIS, the worst Criminals . are mostly males with strict-LESS parental training too. Goodluck to them! . grin

I gave up on this kinda argument a long time ago, they might never see the light. Anytime there is a thread on some hoe...they never fail to remind us why they don't want female kids. Yet there are hundreds of threads on young guys doing colossal damage to the world, and no one talks about not wanting a son. Right there, I saw through their hypocrisy.

I am taking no chances with my kids when the time comes.
In fact, if anyone needs more whip...it's the boy. Majority of the world vices are carried out by men!! They are the ones making the environment inhabitable for women.

How long will I continue to protect my girl[s], when I can easily focus on the boy and flog the demon outta him before it matures? One less problem to the world... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by BluntBoy(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2018
oyb:

Just wow. Maybe we should also continue with the slavery that was used to build the pyramids also.
And what sexism are you on about? The same society that had Cleopatra?

I don't have the time.

Disprove my point that development is not contingent upon equality. Sexism is just a form of inequality. We had women who stood out; it didn't make the society they lived in to be less patriarchal.
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Doctormarrvin: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2018
The hilarious thing is that,after y'all shiits have bashed him, you'll see him face to face tomorrow and you'll realize you're nothing to him,unknown,he is not in anyway bothered about your existence and the fact that you think you have an opinion on how he should raise his niece. To him you're just a ranting non-entity who needed to get off with his post. After all it's what you do,rave and bark and think you have opinions. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

So you also agree with him raising his niece with good morals because "...she will be someone's wife"? To me, and to people disagreeing with him, he's not even raising her well because good morals will help her flourish and succeed in life but rather because she will be somebody's wife. That "somebody's wife" part is what is honestly so insulting!

Is raising her to be someones good wife a bad thing?

What is wrong in raising a girl to be a good wife.. Every guy wants to be married to a good wife so whats wrong? No wonder the world is so fvked up. Being a good wife does not stop her from being whatever she wants right.. That is good parenting nothing wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2018
stanech:

A tenage boy who was not raised properly could meet a tenage girl at a party and after a few drinks she's fvcked and gets pregnant she may not even know the father because she just met the guy.

The father of the guy may not know what his son did. But in few weeks time the mother of the girl will be looking for an abortion clinic. Ps this is a true story. The girl later died in the process she was just 16.. Till date no one knew the guy.. We should pamper protect and love our women not treat them as men...

Feminists are the true enemies of women. Most of them can't live hapily with a man they are unhappy and wants everyone to be miserable like them . Just like satan.

You havent understood a damn thing
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2018
FluidQueen:
What TF is this, abeg?
Are you even listening to yourself? How do you even eat with such retrogressive mentality as this? How do you even stay alive? Who made this survey? Who performed it? Where did you regurgitate this codswallop Mentality from?

Please, sit your sexist ass down jhoor. You have no point.

I'm sure your sexist Ass wouldn't say the same thing if he waa female. You give excuses for a baby daddy but wouldn't for a baby mama.
Your name should be RankHYPOCRITE.
Hogwash

So much of vile bitterness in words. I am not in support of baby daddy/mama issues anyway. I perceive you have arrogance and slightly a destructive sense of pride which you may proudly call knowledge. I don't mean to debase the points you raised... I would rather say your vehement debacle and resistant to my opinions shows nothing but your disdain for virtue and character. Please hold it up there....You don't know who I am, what I stand for and what I would fall for...

3 Likes

Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by stanech: 9:48am On Mar 03, 2018
KhadyM:

You havent understood a damn thing

Oh welll i rest my case
Re: Fans Angry At Anthony Joshua Over Misogynist Statement About His Niece by KhadyM(f): 9:49am On Mar 03, 2018
stanech:

Is raising her to be someones good wife a bad thing?

What is wrong in raising a girl to be a good wife.. Every guy wants to be married to a good wife so whats wrong? No wonder the world is so fvked up. Being a good wife does not stop her from being whatever she wants right.. That is good parenting nothing wrong.

From the onset? From the time theyre 5 years old? How do you raise your daughter to think theyre only destined to be someone's wife? Shouldnt you focus on supporting their dreams, goals and ambition? And raise them with good morals so that they can contribute to a more sane society and be the best version of themselves? And if they choose to get married, youre confident that theyll make a good wife because you raised them well??

And also every girl want to be married to a good hubby too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tanzania President Samia Suluhu-Hassan Calls Women Footballers ‘Flat-Chested’ / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years / "How Soldiers Killed Izu Joseph In His Wife's Presence" - Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.