Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project (41162 Views)

Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Lekki To Flag Off Deep Sea Port Project / FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Blue3k(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

Your plans against Old Eastern ports have failed woefully.

Go join Awolowo through the means he passed.

What plans failed loser. Did I speak against Ibom port? If so point to it or shut up. Lol you mentally inept kids are emotional by nature. Don't bore with deflections like you Igbos usually do.

Lol it must be culture thing to always cry and wail irrationally. I know you won't come with proof since it's not what your type is good at.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by futurism: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

In the end, it was cries of IPOB members on Nairaland that finally started giving life to this project.

One day, the future generations of Akwa Cross people will read comments of pro Biafrans on Nairaland concerning their calls for the development of this port.

God bless Kanu and all IPOB

I was enjoying the thread jeje until I read this crap. This is why I tag most of you "Nairaland igbos" you are so full of yourself and everything unlike my people. Who dash you super man to save the world? Who? Go sleep.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
futurism:

I was enjoying the thread jeje until this I read this crap. This is why I tag most of you "Nairaland igbos" you so full of yourself and everything unlike my people. Who dash you super man to save the world? Who? Go sleep.

This is the type of mindset other Nigerians have to contend with. Watch as they start to claim they own 95% of this port. That it was their idea and money that built it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Blue3k(m): 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
Guestlander:

This is the type of mindset other Nigerians have to contend with. Watch as they start to claim they own 95% of this port. That it was their idea and money that built it.

The guys funny it's IPOB that should be credited not the Akwa Ibom state government. IPOB screaming about Lagos/Yoruba killing port is what got us this far in his mind.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by futurism: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
Guestlander:

it hurts me so much to see how these guys tarnish the image of my people on nairaland. I have been begging Seun to start giving long ban to such filth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
futurism:
it hurts me so much to see how these guys tarnish the image of my people on nairaland. I have been begging Seun to start giving long ban to such filth

I agree with you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by vonxe: 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
benben1000:
Afonjas looking at Akwa Ibom with bad eye...saying in their minds: you want to finish us abi? First, you are building towers/skycrappers to relocate oil companies from Lagos to Akwa Ibom by force, and now, you are building the largest seaport in Nigeria to corner all shipping from Lagos ports to Akwa Ibom. Watch as Afonja media will start focusing negatively on Ibibio very soon like they do to Igbos and Ijaws whom they see as their biggest threat in the East.
I dont think so.
If hundreds of port are built in Nigeria, Lagos will always be Lagos because it was not built in a decade but decades just like any other city in the world.
Why not make this project all-inclusive; Muslims, Christians, all ethnic group in Nigeria and abroad. Dubai, Lagos, Abuja, America, Uk and any other developed places were developed through collective effort but politically managed through her citizens.
Playing ethnic card may be detrimental to this priject

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

In the end, it was cries of IPOB members on Nairaland that finally started giving life to this project.

One day, the future generations of Akwa Cross people will read comments of pro Biafrans on Nairaland concerning their calls for the development of this port.

God bless Kanu and all IPOB

You people developed and own Lagos, Abuja and the rest of Nigeria, even imaginary seaport in akwa ibom, na ipob give am life.

The question now is, when are you going to give life to your own backward and ZERO projects ipob villages?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomellllo: 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ipob sef. Village port grin grin
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

The Ibaka Deep Seaport, a project for which the federal ministry of transport, the NPA and the Akwa Ibom State Government have held several workshops and taken commendations at several events is also missing in a maritime and air transport report prepared by Steer Davies Gleave for the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA) hosted by

The African Development Bank.

The study, which was carried out to assess the potential for enhanced private participation in the maritime and air transport sectors in Africa however identified the Lekki Deep Seaport measuring 970m of container berths, 320m dry bulk berth, 1-2 oil berths and located 60km east of Lagos.

The Badagry greefield port, Koko Port and Olokola Port were also listed with their capacity and promoters.

The water at Ibaka is said to have a natural draft of 11 metres, without dredging, making it a huge potential for possible deep seaport construction.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

The NPA had also told LEADERSHIP in Uyo at the PCC meeting that the deep seaport would be completed in 2015.

When LEADERSHIP visited the proposed site of the deep seaport at Ibaka, there was nothing to show that a seaport was being planned at coastal community.

A lonely dilapidated narrow road, better described as a colonial road leads to Ibaka, from Oron. As early as 2011, the Akwa Ibom State Governor told a Nigeria Ports Consultative Council (PCC) meeting in Uyo that his government had concluded plans to dualise the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

Akpabio budgets billions for this bridge every year with not even bush clearing or fence erected.

Meaning Akpabio pockets free billions every year and the same scenario is what's going on now, the current governor is basically trying to collect his own share..
grin grin grin
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Odingo1: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
Wonder why Nigeria don't want to spread seaport and International to cover the whole country so that more jobs will be created.

At least each region suppose to have standard viable international airport and seaport or inland port.

7 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
The should just move this project back to Ibeno that has a natural deep berth
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by EternalTruths: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
careytommy7:
The should just move this project back to Ibeno that has a natural deep berth

Wrong

They should build another one at Ibeno

7 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
deomelllo:

Akpabio budgets billions for this bridge every year with not even bush clearing or fence erected.

Meaning Akpabio pockets free billions every year and the same scenario is what's going on now, the current governor is basically trying to collect his own share..
grin grin grin

Buhari should probe past expenses of the Akwa Ibom state government on this project.
This project should have naturally been sited in Ibeno (I'm not from Ibeno so no one should accuse me of bias). Akpabio however said the people of the state are grumbling that there is too much concentration of industries along that axis, after a huge sum of money had been spent on EIA and was assessed good for the project. They then proposed this Ibaka and another EIA had to be conducted but after some years I think 2013, they said Ibaka has to be dredged for it to be viable....
I stopped following after it at that point as I wondered how Akpabio, a supposed man friday of GEJ, could not use that opportunity to do everything possible to make sure this project was commissioned before 2015.

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by EternalTruths: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
careytommy7:

Buhari should probe past expenses of the Akwa Ibom state government on this project.
This project should have naturally been sited in Ibeno (I'm not from Ibeno so no one should accuse me of bias). Akpabio however said the people of the state are grumbling that there is too much concentration of industries along that axis, after a huge sum of money had been spent on EIA and was assessed good for the project. They then proposed this Ibaka and another EIA had to be conducted but after some years I think 2013, they said Ibaka has to be dredged for it to be viable....
I stopped following after it at that point as I wondered how Akpabio, a supposed man friday of GEJ, could not use that opportunity to do everything possible to make sure this project was commissioned before 2015.

Is Akpabio an Annang or Ibibio man.?
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Blue3k(m): 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
This project should have naturally been sited in Ibeno (I'm not from Ibeno so no one should accuse me of bias). Akpabio however said the people of the state are grumbling that there is too much concentration of industries along that axis,

The draft there seems just as deep if the article is correct. Anyway why would people grumble over industry's being congregated in one place like never heard of economies of scale and cluster. It makes more sense than having an enclave.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

Is Akpabio an Annang or Ibibio man.?

He is annang but what has that got to do with what I wrote?
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by EternalTruths: 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
careytommy7:

He is annang but what has that got to do with what I wrote?
I just wanted to be sure.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by EternalTruths: 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
Blue3k:

The draft there seems just as deep if the article is correct. Anyway why would people grumble over industry's being congregated in one place like never heard of economies of scale and cluster. It makes more sense than having an enclave.

When you leave your mum's beast and start planning to own a factory like me starting from the scratch, then will you value the need to have seaports and riverports in all Southern States and States that have Benue and Niger rivers passed right through them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Blue3k(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

When you leave your mum's beast and start planning to own a factory like me starting from the scratch, then will you value the need to have seaports and riverports in all Southern States and States that have Benue and Niger rivers passed right through them.

Yawn eternal crybaby are you still wailing. I ask you to bring proof your claims you failed. It really must be part of your nature and culture to ramble idioticly.

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nonaira3: 1:20am On Mar 04, 2018
benben1000:
Afonjas looking at Akwa Ibom with bad eye...saying in their minds: you want to finish us abi? First, you are building towers/skycrappers to relocate oil companies from Lagos to Akwa Ibom by force, and now, you are building the largest seaport in Nigeria to corner all shipping from Lagos ports to Akwa Ibom. Watch as Afonja media will start focusing negatively on Ibibio very soon like they do to Igbos and Ijaws whom they see as their biggest threat in the East.

You know them already. They'll try everything they can to frustrate the hell out of this. Watch sooner or later, we'll start seeing articles upon articles of " corrupt Akwa ibom politicians" left and right. Just watch.
Quote me on this. They'll soon start the pull down syndrome they known to do. Afonja to me are the biggest greedy rat in that pathetic excuse of a country. Anyway, I pray Akwa Ibom actualizes this. It's about them every attempt to sudue others that Afonjas tried to do to others get changed. They can gash their teeth as much as they want. Even if they bring their Lagos-ibadan propaganda to try and stop the progress, people should please ignore those slimy things. Ignore them because all they care about is pushing and keeping others down. Ignore those snakes. Kudos to Akwa ibom for making every effort to destroy all thivery Afonja have been doing to them. Kudos!!!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Atouke: 1:47am On Mar 04, 2018
All this ethnic war is not necessary, Business is war without bloodshed. the Asians know this, Ask the Japaneses how their top firms compete in business.

Every business will fight competition its the law of capitalism, the only difference is that in Nigeria there is no level playing ground, where market forces will determine the winners. The Western port know that this ibom deep seaport will be their greatest competition, thats why they have been obstructing it since inception.

The port is an idea whose time has come, it can be delayed but will certainly not be stopped.

A kano man Dangote is embroiled in a tug -of - war with his Fellow kano brother BUA Cement over cement mining licences. that is whats capitalism is about. lets leave sentiment aside and set our eyes on the goal, and let Eko ile and his band of paid to post internet labourers continue to scream online, especially now that APC politics has turned sour for them, seeing how Buhari is treating their Oga at the top grin.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 2:22am On Mar 04, 2018
Nonaira3:

You know them already. They'll try everything they can to frustrate the hell out of this. Watch sooner or lqter, we'll start seeing articles upon articles of " corrupt Akwa ibom politicians" left and right. Just watch.
Quote me on this. They'll soon start the pull down syndrome they owe. Afonja to me are the biggest greedy rat in that pathetic excuse of a country. Anyway, I pray Akwa Ibom actualizes this. It's about them every attemp to sudue others that Afonjas tried to do to others get changed. They can gash their teeth as much as they want. Even they bring their Lagos-ibadan propaganda to try and stop the progress, people should please ignore those slimy things. Ignore them because all they care about to pushing and keeping others down. Ignore those snakes. Kudos to Akwa ibom for making every effort to destroy all thivery Afonja have been doing to them. Kudos!!!

This ipobian rant is actually funny, it has all the ipobic flavors, akpu accents and dramatizations, paranoia, bitterness, anger and knee-deep bigotry..

Ndo, well done

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nonaira3: 2:29am On Mar 04, 2018
deomelllo:

This ipobian rant is actually funny, it has all the ipobic flavors, akpu accents and dramatizations, paranoia, bitterness, anger and knee-deep bigotry..

Ndo, well done

grin grin

Funny what I said, you literally displayed even before I made my comment.

It becomes paranoia when it's not accurate and you already proven it accurate.

You people jealousy will manifest as usual and as snakes una are, you'll do anything to subdue their progression. Well known fact. Everyone knows you Afonjas and your ways. You lots have been doing it for years now.

Now Bleep off my mention and go do your usual inferority complex activities that you are well known to do on this forum. Are you done crying about Akpabio and shouting "pocketing money" because of this seaport report? If you're not, take more space to wail and complete your typical afonja hating ways.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 2:37am On Mar 04, 2018
Atouke:
All this ethnic war is not necessary, Business is war without bloodshed. the Asians know this, Ask the Japaneses how their top firms compete in business.

Every business will fight competition its the law of capitalism, the only difference is that in Nigeria there is no level playing ground, where market forces will determine the winners. The Western port know that this ibom deep seaport will be their greatest competition, thats why they have been obstructing it since inception.

The port is an idea whose time has come, it can be delayed but will certainly not be stopped.

A kano man Dangote is embroiled in a tug -of - war with his Fellow kano brother BUA Cement over cement mining licences. that is whats capitalism is about. lets leave sentiment aside and set our eyes on the goal, and let Eko ile and his band of paid to post internet labourers continue to scream online, especially now that APC politics has turned sour for them, seeing how Buhari is treating their Oga at the top grin.

Oga ipob, exactly what is your goal? PMB, Tinubu or what is going on in your village?

Like they say in America, "all politics is local". Tinibu dead or alive is not responsible for you and your people in your village? It is not his job to provide for you and he's not responsible for your backwardness and he is not your borehole commissioning and crumbling and falling apart sand sand bricklayer death trap bridge.

Tinubu left public office a decade ago and you hating on him and acting as if he stole your village taxes and federal allocations are yet to raise you above village level or above borehole and village mediocrity.

Face your village and your worthless, mediocre and incompetent village governors, shouting Tinubu and withing him evil will not better your life and if you think you are dissing me with your usual Tinubu jokes, you don miss road because I care less, Tinubu is not my father and he deoesn't feed me.

The freeking joke is on your and your mindless and thoughtless village friends.

Other people dey move forward, developing and progressing, but silly Igbos are year after year are measuring Tinubu's agbada... grin grin

Sucks to be you village Igbos sha...

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 2:39am On Mar 04, 2018
[s]
Nonaira3:

Funny what I said, you literally displayed even before I made my comment.

It becomes paranoia when it's not accurate and you already proven it accurate.

You people jealousy will manifest as usual and as snakes una are, you'll do anything to subdue their progression. Well known fact. Everyone knows you Afonjas and your ways. You lots have been doing it for years now.

Now Bleep off my mention and go do your usual inferority complex activities that you are well known to do on this forum. Are you done crying about Akpabio and shouting "pocketing money" because of this seaport report? If you're not, take more space to wail and complete your typical afonja hating ways.
[/s]

Ndo, well done

grin grin
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Atouke: 2:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Keep ranting the Ibom deep seaport is on course, no amount of wailing can stop it.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Atouke: 2:48am On Mar 04, 2018
AKWA IBOM STATE GOVT EXPLORES WAYS OF COOPERATION WITH CHINA

By Ima Akpabio 2 March, 2018

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, has informed a delegation of Chinese investors that the State Government will explore ways of cooperation with the Chinese government in order to strengthen bilateral relations.

He stated this while playing host to the entourage led by the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Dr. Zhou Pingjian, who called on him on Friday, at the Government House, Uyo.
https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/…/akwa-ibom-state-govt-explor…/

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 2:51am On Mar 04, 2018
[s]
Atouke:
Keep ranting the Ibom deep seaport is on course, no amount of wailing can stop it.
[/s]

Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

The Ibaka Deep Seaport, a project for which the federal ministry of transport, the NPA and the Akwa Ibom State Government have held several workshops and taken commendations at several events is also missing in a maritime and air transport report prepared by Steer Davies Gleave for the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA) hosted by

The African Development Bank.

The study, which was carried out to assess the potential for enhanced private participation in the maritime and air transport sectors in Africa however identified the Lekki Deep Seaport measuring 970m of container berths, 320m dry bulk berth, 1-2 oil berths and located 60km east of Lagos.

The Badagry greefield port, Koko Port and Olokola Port were also listed with their capacity and promoters.

The water at Ibaka is said to have a natural draft of 11 metres, without dredging, making it a huge potential for possible deep seaport construction.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

The NPA had also told LEADERSHIP in Uyo at the PCC meeting that the deep seaport would be completed in 2015.

When LEADERSHIP visited the proposed site of the deep seaport at Ibaka, there was nothing to show that a seaport was being planned at coastal community.

A lonely dilapidated narrow road, better described as a colonial road leads to Ibaka, from Oron. As early as 2011, the Akwa Ibom State Governor told a Nigeria Ports Consultative Council (PCC) meeting in Uyo that his government had concluded plans to dualise the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

grin grin grin
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by deomelllo: 2:52am On Mar 04, 2018
Akpabio don loot his own seaport money, the new joker governor quickly revive the scheme to loot his own too...

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Judge, Nancy Maldonado, Orders CSU To Release Tinubu's Records On Monday / COVID-19: Why Buhari Turned Down Ganduje’s N15 Billion Request – Femi Adesina / Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Being Shot By Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.