Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities (16782 Views)

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme 2019/2020 For Study In UK Universities.. / Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2018/19 For Students From Developing Countries / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 16, 2018
Yes so how many schools did you apply to? Do you have any rejections?
Santiago69:

I think this scholarship is more competitive with lots of considerations. I got rejected by university of Stirling in UK and I was shocked because academically I am well above average with First Class in Philosophy. So I contacted the school and they told me that there were lots of applicants with just few available funding which makes it possible for lots of qualified applicants to be rejected. For example, 360 people or more applied to University of Stirling this year whereas only 6 scholarships were available. So lots of things might come into place in the adjudication of the scholarship which include academic qualifications, personal statement which addresses the developmental objectives of CSC, your prior applications for the scholarship in the past, and also the relevance of your intended along side your undergraduate degree.

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by judeo2012: 2:53pm On May 16, 2018
please has anyone heard from university of Newcastle?I sent them an email yesterday and they said my application is currently being considered and that they will revert by the end of July. what exactly does that mean please?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by judeo2012: 2:57pm On May 16, 2018
I cant even see my university of Newcastle application when i log on to the commonwealth shared portal and i do not have any regret mail.Should i be hopeful?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 16, 2018
Did you check your spam folders, the school I received reject mails from are not showing on my EAS portal too
judeo2012:
I cant even see my university of Newcastle application when i log on to the commonwealth shared portal and i do not have any regret mail.Should i be hopeful?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by pappiloo: 3:55pm On May 16, 2018
Santiago69:

Yeah I applied. Hope you mean university of Glasgow? They have not responded. But other universities have responded. Unfortunately there are lots of rejected applications because of the high volumes of applicants.

Okay bro, so what will change on the application after their nomination?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by pappiloo: 3:56pm On May 16, 2018
Santiago69:

Yeah I applied. Hope you mean university of Glasgow? They have not responded. But other universities have responded. Unfortunately there are lots of rejected applications because of the high volumes of applicants.

Which course are you going for?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 4:12pm On May 16, 2018
I applied to just one school, Heriot-Watt University. My application is now with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. I just hope I don't get a rejection mail. I have had enough rejection mails already this year. Baba God please pick up my call.

3 Likes

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Santiago69: 4:14pm On May 16, 2018
PCGamer:
Yes so how many schools did you apply to? Do you have any rejections?
I applied to three and got rejected In two. But yet to hear from one

1 Like

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Santiago69: 4:15pm On May 16, 2018
seunlegend:
I applied to just one school, Heriot-Watt University. My application is now with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. I just hope I don't get a rejection mail. I have had enough rejection mails already this year. Baba God please pick up my call.

He will. What's indicating in your Portal?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 4:41pm On May 16, 2018
Santiago69:

He will. What's indicating in your Portal?

It's only indicating that my application is now with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (I guess it's nominating stage 2 right now)
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Santiago69: 4:50pm On May 16, 2018
seunlegend:

It's only indicating that my application is now with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (I guess it's nominating stage 2 right now)

Then you have been nominated. Congrats.... What course did you apply
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 5:09pm On May 16, 2018
Santiago69:

Then you have been nominated. Congrats.... What course did you apply

Renewable Energy Engineering. I hope so
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by ABBAChuks: 12:27am On May 17, 2018
seunlegend:

Renewable Energy Engineering. I hope so

Congrats. Which school is that?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 8:55am On May 17, 2018
ABBAChuks:

Congrats. Which school is that?

Heriot-Watt University
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 12:05pm On May 17, 2018
Walexwal:

Congrats bro. It means you have been nominated.....Just try to confirm if it is conditional or unconditional. Congrats once again...see you in UK by September.

Thx bro... Are you currently a Commonwealth scholar?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 2:39pm On May 17, 2018
My school (Heriot-Watt University) contacted me about an hour ago and informed me that I have been nominated for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship award

6 Likes

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by oophemi: 3:33pm On May 21, 2018
We Strathclyde applicants should know our fate anytime soon. Let's keep the prayer on. God dey on our side.
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 9:24pm On May 21, 2018
Walexwal:
Strathclyde has already nominated. I know two friends that got it.

My oga... I sight you sir
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by seunlegend: 10:33pm On May 22, 2018
Walexwal:
I hail you too sir. How preparations?

We dey push am
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by DMainMan: 1:47am On May 23, 2018
Walexwal:
Strathclyde has already nominated. I know two friends that got it.
congrats
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Can someone summarize the schools that have gotten nominations?
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by DMainMan: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
Congrats guys
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by destinybbk(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
DmainMan pls add me on the ptdf scholarship whatsapp group 08179107991
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 22, 2019
seunlegend:
My school (Heriot-Watt University) contacted me about an hour ago and informed me that I have been nominated for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship award
Congrats Bro!
Hope studies is going on well.Just like you did, I've also applied for the 2019 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship in the same school and field of study. When will my CSC referees get notification to submit references? Will I be informed too?

1 Like

Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Mekzye: 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
Please someone should help me out with a login link to the commonwealth shared scholarship portal. Since the application ended I have not been able to log in through my usual application login procedure. It has been showing me error message. Please help a brother cry cry
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Kolistics: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
How did you know that your application was then with CSC?, was it that you were contacted by your school, or you were contacted by CSC itself.
? Please, I need your advice. if the answer to the question above is provided, it will be of help to me. However, I applied fo the CSC2019 session too, and on the CSC site, I saw information that looks conflicting to me. i.e "Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates
to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the
CSC by 6 May 2019. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme.
Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2019." I, however, have been wandering on how the school would contact them without even knowing that I have applied for the CSC 2019.

My question now is;

Who contacts each other first.

commonwealth contacts the school from the application number and school name
or the school contact commonwealth (which I still have difficulties believing since the school doesn't even know that I have applied for one).

could you please help with clarifying this?

seunlegend:
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
Kolistics:
How did you know that your application was then with CSC?, was it that you were contacted by your school, or you were contacted by CSC itself.
? Please, I need your advice. if the answer to the question above is provided, it will be of help to me. However, I applied fo the CSC2019 session too, and on the CSC site, I saw information that looks conflicting to me. i.e "Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates
to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the
CSC by 6 May 2019. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme.
Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2019." I, however, have been wandering on how the school would contact them without even knowing that I have applied for the CSC 2019.

My question now is;

Who contacts each other first.

commonwealth contacts the school from the application number and school name
or the school contact commonwealth (which I still have difficulties believing since the school doesn't even know that I have applied for one).

could you please help with clarifying this?

First wait to 2nd week of May.

Secondly, CSC contacts your school, your school contacts you. That's the initial stage
Re: Apply To 2018 Commonwealth Shared Msc Scholarship In Selected Uk Universities by dami24(f): 12:20pm On May 01, 2019
Hi all, please which schools have nominated. I heard teeside and royal vet college. Any other schools? Any Glasgow applicants here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First Interview Experience / Your Opinions Are Needed On This / Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.