Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s (24996 Views)

Football Shows That Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s, '80s & 1990s / 70 Comedy Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by Joguns(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
deomillo:
Most of these shows are still in their archives. The problem with nta is that the staffs are too lazy to to copy the vhs tapes to dvd. Not long ago i visited nta enugu and asked for some old 1980's music videos. Notwithstanding that I had the money they kept on giving lame excuses.
Wow...you visited them? NTA ENUGU in the 80's was superb; they were first class especially with those music videos. Do you remember a Presenter then by the name, Ndidi Onyeama? Please, if you do get them to make dvds out of those 80's VHS, please let me know and inbox me. Those videos were beautiful, I remember Juice Newton and so on then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by noob03saibot(m): 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
naptu2:

You can download YouTube Downloader and download the shows from YouTube.
OK, Thanks. Don't really like downloading from youtube, because sometimes the movie won't be complete or it may have one other issue. Will give it a try though. Been downloading some mothers do have 'em recently from youtube.
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by Africaman: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
naptu2:

It's in the list, but thank you for reminding of what the initials meant. I was trying to remember what the initials meant when I made this list.
My pleasure man...Thanks, I've just seen it on the list. Pity there aren't any clips on youtube. I wish NTA would reboot the series for modern times.
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by naptu2: 4:36am On Mar 05, 2018
cooltola:
I know this is off topic please who remember this show Central Circus Ring and where I can find a link . I search YouTube, cannot find this old classic TV SHOW from NTA

Cal Dodd and Sherisse Laurence

1 Like

Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by Joguns(m): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
deomillo:

Yeah they were so many then like stanmarley okoh, kieran umeayo, grace nwobodo and kalu otisi. Many people are not aware that soundcity was a 30 minute music programme that aired on NTA Enugu. Back then musicians like felix liberty, kris okotie and a host of others appeared on soundcity. Nta Enugu was the number one station then followed by Atv later Abs now Etv. The foreign music videos are on youtube. My only difficulty is getting those 80's Nigerian music videos. I will let you know if i find any
Wow...you sure were in touch then., I do remember Kieran back then. Wow.. I remember Tony Okoroji, Bright Chiemeze, Jide Obi...and a host of others. Can you compare the quality of music of those years to now? NTA Enugu was just superb; of course, ATV, Anambra Television then, always showing you the latest from Hollywood. As soon as a movie is released in Hollywood then, you can be sure it will soon be on Nigerian T.V.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by naptu2: 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
Joseph1832
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by J2381: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2018
naptu2:
Joseph1832
- that moniker is gone till Feb 2019. grin

How are you?
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by naptu2: 9:34am On Mar 23, 2018
J2381:
- that moniker is gone till Feb 2019. grin

How are you?

grin I'm fine bro. I missed you on this thread.
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by J2381: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
naptu2:

grin I'm fine bro. I missed you on this thread.
Yea. Came late. grin
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by Ishilove: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
xynerise:
Derrick
Highway to Heaven
Sledge Hammer
Super Force
Super Force will be right back! cheesy

I had a HUGE crush on Jack Stone grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by johnie: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
naptu2:

24) Man In A Suitcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVvWF6OxDDk

I don't know why that episode of Man In A Suitcase titled "Execution Day " keeps playing in my head.

"Marioki by midnight."

naptu2:
21)

22) The Turning Wheel

Jab Adu (Modu) owns Modu Enterprises. One way or the other he keeps getting entangled in the rising crime rate in Nigeria. It could be his friend’s son that was arrested for possession of cocaine or some other crime that has caught his attention. As an upright and patriotic citizen, he tries to get at the root cause of the crime. This he does with the aid of his friend, Inspector Ben Alamu (later played by Enebeli Elebuwa). Modu’s clerk is Femi Jarrett (who acted with Jab Adu in Adio Family) and his messenger is the great Ihria Enakhimo. I watched The Turning Wheel in 1986, 87 and 88 on NTA and OGTV.

This is one of the benefits of NTA’s 40th anniversary, the Turning Wheel is now on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_K5a1tWFKE

Ihria Enakhimio used to feature on a series running on RN2 in those days.

I took a liking to him from listening to the programme and was happy to see what he looked like when he later featured on The Turning Wheel that showed on NTA.

Anyone remember the name of the radio series and his role?
Re: 50 Detective Shows That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s by johnie: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
Wow!

I just realised this is a 2018 thread.

I just googled now and found out that Man in the Suitcase originally aired from 1967 to 68.

The episode I referenced above ( http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/512060/synopsis.html) originally aired on 11/10/1967.

54 years ago!

When I watched it in the 80s (i think), I thought it was an early 70s programme because of the way they dressed.

Hmm, that's a loooooong while back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Its Very Cool Sirdee Was Replaced With Joe For Eviction" - Tacha / Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase / Today Is Art Alade's 86th Posthumous Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.