Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel (7172 Views)

Landlord Cancels 2020 Rent For Students Living In His Hostel / Here Is A List Of Top Most Populated Cities In Nigeria / How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by akinyeleaa: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2018
kellyJames5:

Talk true..
Google Quran 109:6 Your headache if you don't believe as I can't help you
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
Amastermovic:
bro..even in isreal when xtian wants to visit some site they perform ablution is a simple rule.. u can't use slippers in both c&s and celestial inside the main church do u understand.. Christian in my hostel Bach Muslim so do Muslim also.. and Christian do d bashing much.. so no excuse abt d books u r giving out u can keep doing that and am sure one way or the other u will all benefit from each other

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/israel/jerusalem-dome-of-the-rock

A 2010 thread here. https://www.nairaland.com/548904/question-nigerian-christians-why-go
their actions never got me flared up at all. i just wish to share my experience bro

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
babtoundey:
This is also the altitude of most Christians. You don't expect then to teach trinity and welcome appraise claims that are against their doctrine. As long as you don't belong to certain faith you may by all means find its teachings offensive.

It is not peculiar to one religion. Some Christian on this forum wear their religion as pride and use it as arrow by disparaging and assaulting the sensibility of others that don't share their belief. One of them even just exposed his religious bigotry and hatred for the Muslims by way of his comment.
i am an advocate of "practise your own religion without condemning mine"
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by akinyeleaa: 12:10am On Mar 04, 2018
matex97:
i am not playing the victim's card here rather i am just revealing how people repay me badly for my kind gesture due to religious difference
Lol @ ur kind gesture, you sound vague. You knw what, withdraw ur kind gesture. I just told you it is wrong of you to be inside the mosque and you are still on it
You want the norm/rules bent for you just cos you borrow people materials. In fact you sound petty. Should I create a thread too and start listing all I've done for people(atheists inclusive) in my life. I wake up to preachings behind my window telling me whoever does not accept Jesus as God will perish every morning and this has never stopped me from relating well with the said preacher and others alike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:12am On Mar 04, 2018
Nutase:
wetin carry you go dey read for mosque after you overheard there bashing of Christians? These people can never like you as long as you ain't one of them.
OP, If them use you do rituals, you go know! grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by TruthHurts1(m): 12:44am On Mar 04, 2018
dollyjoy:
This story isn't necessary. You will only end up exposing how much of a religious bigot you are. You think their ways are weird,they think your ways are ridiculous. That's where understanding and tolerance comes in. Overlook most things and live life. Life isn't too hard you know.

I wonder how this one made it through school with her lack of basic comprehension.

OP successfully narrated a difficult chapter in his life experiences without any name-calling, but without even hearing him out, you quickly rushed to label him as a bigot even before he got a chance to finish his piece.

Both you and the lackwits who liked your comment only succeeded in putting your one kobo worth of intelligence on display.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by TruthHurts1(m): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Origin:
@OP. Nice post..... Informative

I wish you could include the type of 'bashing' they discuss

Is it the type where they say Christians are worshipping a man Or that how can Christians say a man is God

Cos that would be expression of opinion.

I feel that same way when I'm on the streets or in a public bus. People shout into gramophones that Muslims are unbelievers because they've not accepted Jesus.

Its just their opinion o.

Just because it differs does not make it bashing.

This sounds very much like a lie. Christianity looks at the world from the perspective of sin and righteousness. When we preach we simply call for a repentance from sin. I have never heard any Christians preach the message of salvation as if it is a religious competition with other religions.

If anything, it is Islam that does that. Muhammad was obsessed with Christians and Jews and he probably lost his mind when they simply ignored his rantings as a fake prophet.

Whenever MUDslims insult the person of Christ, I have my own ways of getting them to shut up:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by 9jaown(m): 1:52am On Mar 04, 2018
sbashir10:
I'm schooling in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria which is located in northern part of the country, and of course i am a Muslim, countless of times in our hostel that is predominantly dominated by Muslims, but even with that, Christians docile with us without any problem and also they came around to preach words of gospel to us, Muslims, and it's a matter of choice if you want to listen or not.

Never for once have i heard people insulting them openly or publicly, although i cannot say maybe insult is been done secretly, but the point is that, it depends on how you choose to see it, i can also play a victim card, to say i am been abused anytime Jehovah witness people comes around my room to disturb my sleep, in the name of trying to preach to me.
You Dey lie bros. Go to core north, like Maiduguri and see what the Muslims are doing in the of religion. Same wey Boko Haram started, Imam will instruct is fellowers to do this when they met other religion outside there own. Come oh!!! how you think Boko Haram started sef?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by heryur(m): 4:26am On Mar 04, 2018
matex97:
their actions never got me flared up at all. i just wish to share my experience bro
What is the essence of sharing your exprience? Are you trying to prove that christian don't bash other religion
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Aminu212: 7:01am On Mar 04, 2018
As a xtain, you aren't allowed to enter the mosque.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Bede2u(m): 7:04am On Mar 04, 2018
Abdulmalik052:
Islam teaches peace and love,so I do not know what you mean by 'yoruba muslims are taught to hate or smtn' . You do not know anything abt the religion of Islam and NEVER judge a religion by d ppl who practice it!
The bolded is a lie. The best way to judge a religion is by observing the character of people who practice it. Think!!!

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Raintaker(m): 7:26am On Mar 04, 2018
Well, if it's all about sharing our experiences. We all have our experiences to share with the world.
During my service in the East, I had so many friends :Igbos and Yorubas, xtains and Muslims alike.
I can't count how many times my igbo friends told me to my face that I am a head slamming Alawakuba Buhari's brother. (Note the particular words they used). The height of the matter was when my Yoruba brother who happened to be a christain told me to my face that He just hates Muslims (this guy is my friend) and he still comes to eat in my place and do a whole lot of stuffs.
Did I take any of their comments as the opinion of all Christians? I never did cos I still have reasonable Christains as friends, as for those ones I'm still friends with them cos my religion teaches me to be good to everyone.
A lot of things happened in the background, that I won't bother to mention here.
Thanks and God bless.
As foe Christains not entering the mosque, something must have informed their decision.
I'm guessing it's a do me I do you scenario, but you chose to narrate from only one point of view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Raintaker(m): 7:27am On Mar 04, 2018
Bede2u:
The bolded is a lie. The best way to judge a religion is by observing the character of people who practice it. Think!!!
So would I be right to judge Christainity as an hypocritical religion? because a bunch of those who practise it are hypocrites?
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Abdulmalik052(m): 7:42am On Mar 04, 2018
Bede2u:
In conclusion,what your write-up implies is dt in ur religion,you are all perfect right? And like I said earlier,Islam teaches peace,therefore those committing these acts just hide themselves under the religion. They are not Muslims simply because they do not follow the teachings of Islam!
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by futurism: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2018
dollyjoy:
This story isn't necessary. You will only end up exposing how much of a religious bigot you are. You think their ways are weird,they think your ways are ridiculous. That's where understanding and tolerance comes in. Overlook most things and live life. Life isn't too hard you know.
you are wise.
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 04, 2018
Muslims are like that. Their religion allows deception of infidels in order to conquer them.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by babtoundey(m): 8:00am On Mar 04, 2018
matex97:
i am an advocate of "practise your own religion without condemning mine"

I did not justify the correctness of such altitude. All I am saying is that Christians are also guilty of what you are accusing your Muslim friends of. When you read the comments and perspective of many blockhead bigoted Christians about Muslims and their religion on this forum then you understand this is an altitude and feeling shared between people of both faiths.
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Abdulmalik052(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2018
TruthHurts1:

This sounds very much like a lie. Christianity looks at the world from the perspective of sin and righteousness. When we preach we simply call for a repentance from sin. I have never heard any Christians preach the message of salvation as if it is a religious competition with other religions.

If anything, it is Islam that does that. Muhammad was obsessed with Christians and Jews and he probably lost his mind when they simply ignored his rantings as a fake prophet.

Whenever MUDslims insult the person of Christ, I have my own ways of getting them to shut up:

I was amazed u said 'when we preach,we simply call for repentance from sin',and here you are committing a major sin by:
[1] lying against Bukhari for what he never reported but a trash setup by you or another ignorant being!
[2] lying against Prophet Muhammad(SAW)!
[3] speaking about the religion which you knew nothing about!

In conclusion,I pray dt u get forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 04, 2018
Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Opentokwowledge: 8:31am On Mar 04, 2018
This is the height of the tolerance every human being should crave. Well done OP!

Moral of the story..

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Abdulmalik052(m): 8:32am On Mar 04, 2018
babtoundey:

I did not justify the correctness of such altitude. All I am saying is that Christians are also guilty of what you are accusing your Muslim friends of. When you read the comments and perspective of many blockhead bigoted Christians about Muslims and their religion on this forum then you understand this is an altitude and feeling shared between people of both faiths.
Exactly
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Opentokwowledge: 8:46am On Mar 04, 2018
Abdulmalik052:
In conclusion,what your write-up implies is dt in ur religion,you are all perfect right? And like I said earlier,Islam teaches peace,therefore those committing these acts just hide themselves under the religion. They are not Muslims simply because they do not follow the teachings of Islam!
It is not for you to say they are not Muslims durrh!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by DKJaleel: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2018
dollyjoy:
your post shows how careless and non chalant you are concerning what happens around you.

I had similar experience when I was in 100 level. Those Muslims hate you Christians with passion if you don't know. How did I know? I joined them then in the guise of becoming a Muslim. Well that's a long story.

This attitude of yours is what most Christians exhibit, thus showing your disconnect from the reality of things, gets you marginallized and killed daily; you let your guards down in the name of tolerance. Life is about struggle for survival and the survival of our beliefs and that's what the Muslims believe in and are bound to that - why you see them united always. They smile at you in your presence but want to slaughter you in their hearts and you think all is fine.

Don't you think they wouldn't have killed that guy without hesitation if a religious war broke out all of a sudden?

I'm not a Christian or a Muslim but it pains me each time I see Christians remain docile, say and do some things that in reality puts then in the danger of extinction. wake up, there's a war going on and nobody will fight for you if you overlook most things. .

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by fatymore(f): 10:08am On Mar 04, 2018
TruthHurts1:

where do you see all these rubbish from... Stop spamming our cyberspace with nonsense...

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by fatymore(f): 10:12am On Mar 04, 2018
TruthHurts1:

Your "prophet" was a false prophet. He was a liar, a pedophile, a thief and a murderer. If you believe that I am making up thrash, then provide us with the real Bukhari Hadith.
you see where you started your stupidity again. Check the posts made by Muslims on this thread, none called Jesus those bad names you mentioned...intolerance starts with Christians.. Get that fact. You always start with names calling....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Mikkyjay17(m): 10:28am On Mar 04, 2018
Experienced similar case while in school some years back and during my NYSC. what the OP has described is not far from what I know of.

During my undergraduate days in school evey night especially 8-10pm there is always an offensive preaching bursting out from the mosque castigating Jesus and people worshiping him. That sounded manageable if it were to be on that only, however the preaching goes openly piercing through the outside speakers reaching far to the extreme of the campus

The tone of the speaker always sound appalling calling Christians sort of names like confusionist, infidels. They are not supposed to mingle with, they worship a messenger, a lot of annoying things every night at the same hour till I graduated.

This isn't fair at all. Religion acceptance I believe it's a thing of personal conviction then it shouldn't be on hatred preaching making it a public stuff in an environment with different faith: directly they are instigating chaos from the other religion. If you have to lecture your followers about your doctrines it shouldn't be at the distress of others.

One day I was forced to call my close friend asking why teaching them on such profuse hatred to the Christians on the Mic, he was dithering and eventually gave feeble excuses.
They can't tolerate same ferocious statements. If it were to be from the other religion, I'm sure the church would have been razed by now.

We should learn to accept people's religion not on our detriment. The propagation for the hate speech is alarming even in our campuses.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2018
matex97:
However during 2016/2017 first semester period, a question was asked in the mosque saying "can christians read in the mosque?" but i didn't hear the answer to the question because they switched off the mic while responding to the question. The following morning, a co-hostelite who is a muslim came to meet me that they have resolved that "before anyone can be allowed to read in the mosque,he must perform ablution" but i told them i can't do that because i am a christian and they were the one that invited me to come and be doing nightclass in the first place and not me forcing myself on them. That was how they barred me from reading in the mosque but they were still coming to lend educational materials they can read for the exam from me and i lent them because i didn't want to repay evil with evil. However, i was able to read in my room during the exam period and God helped me greatly when the result came out. I have decided to pack out of the hostel when a new session resumes. The above was my experience

They came to "borrow" from you, not to lend from you. You lend, they borrow. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Pat081: 11:09am On Mar 04, 2018
Nutase:
Op You no get sense??
same as u, u no gt sense just small u no gt Wu ask u to comment u re one of dos gals dat talk to everybody how u like why can u read n go
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Oshoayodeji: 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
Register as a KAB driver-partner now.
Use your car to make money in any state you are.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJ7ydOaMKDxo7HlQIE8auf-S3TkETEUFlambvJCkA2bROvew/viewform

Call or WhatsApp 08143386119 now

1 Share

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by blessedvisky(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Op better be very careful with Muslims. They will kill you without thinking twice and believe that Allah will reward them.

The message of hatred and violence against all non-muslims is predominant in the Quran and Hadith.

The Quran also expressly denies the Sonship and death of Jesus.
They see you as a fool and will show you their true colors at the slightest chance

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by blessedvisky(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
matex97, let me tell you of an experience I had in 100Level. I just resumed 100L and as such, naturally moved with my coursemates who were in the same Hall with me. 3 of them were Muslims and 2 of the muslims were older than me by at least 3 years.

One day, I came back from class and met the 3 of them on the road. The 2 older ones blocked the road I was to pass and insisted I must pass by the wall which was really tight and inconvenient. I asked them what for but they said they wanted to test "something". I passed the narrow place then they started laughing so hard. The 3rd was my agemate and wasn't laughing as much as the first two. Then they told me to come back and pass it again. Foolish me, I did as they asked and the laughter started again. I didn't understand what was going on. What does a 100L boy know? The incident lingered in my mind for long till I discovered the hadith below

As you can see, they were practicing their Prophet's teaching on me, a young ignorant fellow back then. I went back to meet them the day I knew and till today, we are not on talking terms. Dont be deceived by their jokes and invitations. The thoughts they have towards you are thoughts of evil and not peace.

There are several other things that happened in my Hall then but this happened to me personally.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students / Maduka University founder, Dr. Sam Maduka Onyishi, Receives An Honorary Award / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Cutoff Mark!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.