Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel (7168 Views)

Landlord Cancels 2020 Rent For Students Living In His Hostel / Here Is A List Of Top Most Populated Cities In Nigeria / How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by HajimeSaito(m): 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
fatymore:
you see where you started your stupidity again. Check the posts made by Muslims on this thread, none called Jesus those bad names you mentioned...intolerance starts with Christians.. Get that fact. You always start with names calling....

What an "intelligent" man your "prophet" was!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by PhilipGallagher(m): 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
dollyjoy:
This story isn't necessary. You will only end up exposing how much of a religious bigot you are. You think their ways are weird,they think your ways are ridiculous. That's where understanding and tolerance comes in. Overlook most things and live life. Life isn't too hard you know.
I'm restraining myself so much...you should have allowed the OP land before you bury him...But NO you just had to show that you can insult. The way some of you ladies jump and somersault into conclusion ehn..i tire

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Mkvcinemasmovie: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
Marrowbone 2018 Full Movie Download Link

http://gomoviesonline.ga/marrowbone/

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
matex97:
However during 2016/2017 first semester period, a question was asked in the mosque saying "can christians read in the mosque?" but i didn't hear the answer to the question because they switched off the mic while responding to the question. The following morning, a co-hostelite who is a muslim came to meet me that they have resolved that "before anyone can be allowed to read in the mosque,he must perform ablution" but i told them i can't do that because i am a christian and they were the one that invited me to come and be doing nightclass in the first place and not me forcing myself on them. That was how they barred me from reading in the mosque but they were still coming to lend educational materials they can read for the exam from me and i lent them because i didn't want to repay evil with evil. However, i was able to read in my room during the exam period and God helped me greatly when the result came out. I have decided to pack out of the hostel when a new session resumes. The above was my experience

I didn’t see any discrimination there. You were invited to read there because they thought you would benefit from the electricity. That was a good gesture. Appreciate that.

That someone reflected and said you must perform ablution before you continue to use the facility is not discriminatory. That’s what they do before they enter the mosque. You didn’t like that and you objected and declined.

Your post is pointless. They didn’t discriminate against you. They only applied a simple rule which you weren’t comfortable with. You should have expected something like this to happen. I would think like them if I see a Muslim man entering a church with his hat on.

If I was in the position to object, I would ask him politely to remove the hat before entering the church. I’d expect him to know that Christian men don’t wear hats inside churches.

There should be respect and tolerance. They didn’t bar you from entering their mosque because you were Christian. They only wanted you to perform the usual ritual of ablution.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
gbosaa:

I didn’t see any discrimination there. You were invited to read there because they thought you would benefit from the electricity. That was a good gesture. Appreciate that.

Your post is pointless. They didn’t discriminate against you. They only applied a simple rule which you weren’t comfortable with. You should have expected something like this to happen. I would think like them if I see a Muslim man entering a church with his hat on.

If I was in the position to object, I would ask him politely to remove the hat before entering the church. I’d expect him to know that Christian men don’t wear hats inside churches.

There should be respect and tolerance. They didn’t bar you from entering their mosque because you were Christian
it is only when they want to pray they perform ablution. none of them use to perform wen it is time for night class but they want me to perform it.bro u get it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

They came to "borrow" from you, not to lend from you. You lend, they borrow. smiley
thank you.thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
heryur:
What is the essence of sharing your exprience? Are you trying to prove that christian don't bash other religion
shalom bro or sis.
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
akinyeleaa:

Lol @ ur kind gesture, you sound vague. You knw what, withdraw ur kind gesture. I just told you it is wrong of you to be inside the mosque and you are still on it
You want the norm/rules bent for you just cos you borrow people materials. In fact you sound petty. Should I create a thread too and start listing all I've done for people(atheists inclusive) in my life. I wake up to preachings behind my window telling me whoever does not accept Jesus as God will perish every morning and this has never stopped me from relating well with the said preacher and others alike
chill bro it is only when they want to pray they perform ablution . none of them use to perform it when it is time for nightclass but they want me to perform it.so you get it and pls don't take it personal

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
This story isn't necessary. You will only end up exposing how much of a religious bigot you are. You think their ways are weird,they think your ways are ridiculous. That's where understanding and tolerance comes in. Overlook most things and live life. Life isn't too hard you know[/quote] read the conclusion below before u comment or click like

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by yrex01(m): 9:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Can't u guys just leave we Muslims alone ?? Do ur own n let's do ours !! Can't u do without dragging Muslims into hateful argument ? Mr op u claiming u not here to condemn one religion but y can't u keep ur experience to ur cef ? Hypocrite everywhere !!
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
yrex01:
Can't u guys just leave we Muslims alone ?? Do ur own n let's do ours !! Can't u do without dragging Muslims into hateful argument ? Mr op u claiming u not here to condemn one religion but y can't u keep ur experience to ur cef ? Hypocrite everywhere !!
shalom bro. no be fight

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by kellyJames5(m): 12:10am On Mar 05, 2018
akinyeleaa:
Google Quran 109:6 Your headache if you don't believe as I can't help you
No need for that yet..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by femi4: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2018
dollyjoy:
This story isn't necessary. You will only end up exposing how much of a religious bigot you are. You think their ways are weird,they think your ways are ridiculous. That's where understanding and tolerance comes in. Overlook most things and live life. Life isn't too hard you know.
Don't judge yet, at least allow him finish his story first

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by femi4: 5:59am On Mar 05, 2018
sbashir10:
I'm schooling in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria which is located in northern part of the country, and of course i am a Muslim, countless of times in our hostel that is predominantly dominated by Muslims, but even with that, Christians docile with us without any problem and also they came around to preach words of gospel to us, Muslims, and it's a matter of choice if you want to listen or not.

Never for once have i heard people insulting them openly or publicly, although i cannot say maybe insult is been done secretly, but the point is that, it depends on how you choose to see it, i can also play a victim card, to say i am been abused anytime Jehovah witness people comes around my room to disturb my sleep, in the name of trying to preach to me.
OP just shared his experience but you are busy defending your religion. That's our problem in this Country. "Defending our religion and ethnicity" blindly as if there are no bad eggs

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by akinyeleaa: 9:55am On Mar 05, 2018
matex97:
chill bro it is only when they want to pray they perform ablution . none of them use to perform it when it is time for nightclass but they want me to perform it.so you get it and pls don't take it personal
Forget the issue of ablution. The person who invited you into the mosque erred in the first place.
And no I'm not taking it personal, I just think you are a bigot
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by kissenger: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2018
We need to cohabit as one in Nigeria. we cant function as unit if we are divided. https:///BBFTrQ
Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Bestypretty: 11:07am On Mar 05, 2018
kudos for not repaying evil with evil. http:///2BQOPEt

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel by Swagzlord01(m): 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
LOls... even if u made this story up but I believe u, dude its not about muslims alone even some christains say negative things about muslims... that is how religion is in our own part of the world. religion is a private and individual thing. whatever anyone believe in is their faith. see, as a typical Nigerian with religious hypocrisy, I didn't expect less. but next time I advise u keep this kind of story to yourself... because right now somewhere someone has read this post and it has affected their mentality towards a non harmful muslim around them. this life is about two kinds of people, the good and the bad not muslims and christains. meanwhile let me tell u something should in case of next time u come across those kind of muslims who says u cant go into mosque tell them they are ignorant, even ogun worshipper can go into mosque cause it belongs to God. I advise u go rent an apartment somewhere else where u will find humanitarians and muslims who doesn't care about ur religion before they love u... there is no compulsion in religion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crack Your Brains!!! Name A Country Without The Letter "A" / First Class Graduates, What Was Your First GPA And How Was The Latter Years / Free Admissions Into Finnish Universities(2009 New Rules)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.