Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,010 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:07 PM

Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got (53457 Views)

Open Question. An Individual Who Has Been Unemployed For 6 Months And Nothing / Check Out The Response To A Question An Interviewee Said During An Interview / The Question An Interviewee Asked Her Interviwer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Freeman59: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:

that's why I said its not their fault but that of their government.

Yea so don't blame them for sounding selfish.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Letzdothething: 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
Do you know the funny part of it all, most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country
. Because of shame and maybe cost of living. Let's assume you are a female, can you marry a dish washer? Don't be a hypocrite
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
livebynite:
And immingrants devised creative ways of combining garri.with every type of food.

While the price of garri still stays high in Nigeria angry
smh.. u are.. i don't just get it man lipsrsealed alafishe
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Ugosample(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
Do you know the funny part of it all, most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country

Will they be paid the same amount at home that they are paid in these developed countries, ??

That point you raised is baseless. undecided

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Laple0541(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:
this doesn't sound right.

immigrants are building another man's house while theirs fall to rubbles.

that reply was 'selfish'. the American was thinking from his American first POV.
let them build our house.

that's why most of them love immigrants; they build America for them but their home country is wasted.

it's not their fault sha. it's the fault of the immigrant's country.

STOP BEING AN IGNORANT, IMMIGRANTS ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THEIR HOME COUNTRY IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
1. GNP OF THEIR HOME COUNTRY
2. THEY MAKE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIEND'S BUSSINESSES WHICH INVARIABLY MEANS THEY ARE BUILDING THEIR COUNTRY.
3. MANY OF THEM BRING THE KNOWLEDGE THEY GARNER FROM OVERSEAS TO SET UP INVESTMENTS IN THEIR COUNTRY.
THE CONTRIBUTIONS GO ON AND ON...........THE QUESTION YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF IS WHY ARE PEOPLE MIGRATING IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, THE IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT THE PEOPLE IN POWER IN THEIR VARIOUS COUNTRIES, MOST OF THEM ARE HELPLESS CITIZENS WHO HAVE IDEAS BUT FEAR SUCH IDEAS MAY DIE OFF DUE TO INEFFICIENCY IN THE WAYS AND MANNERS THEIR HOME COUNTRY IS BEING GOVERN HENCE THEY SEEKS ELSEWHERE TO SHOWCASE SUCH POTENTIALS. DID YOU KNOW THE NUMBER OF TALENTS THAT HAVE DIED OFF IN NIGERIA DUE TO THE AFOREMENTION?

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by linearity: 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
GavelSlam:

No dishwasher earns 5,000 dollars monthly.

I'm assuming that's a typo.

It’s possible, most immigrants have two to three jobs and works almost around the clock....

On average, if you make $9.50/hr and work for 18 hours each day, 7 days a week you will make $5,000.00 monthly.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by lowaist101: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
Great Responses Frm Those Who Could Think Right. But How Many Can Always Think Like This. Misery Loves Company. Some People Out There Will Always Look For Who To Blame For Their Misfortunes. But Come To Think Of It, Can't We Stay In Nigeria, And As An Extension, Africa. Some Will Prefer To Be Illegal Immigrants, Whose Fate Hang In The Balance. I Have Told Someone, Our Problem Is Not Population But Corruption. Every Graduate Frm D University, Is An Asset, Ready To Carry This Country On His Shoulder. But No Job Because Some People Are Not Giving Others, What Will Make Them Comfortable. African Governments Can Create Jobs With PPP. Provide Enabling Environment For Businesses To Thrive. Then Taxes Can Be Collected To Grow The Economy And The Cycle Continues. We Can Generate A Lot Frm Taxes, Rather Relying Solely On Natural Resources. Just Like Finance Minister, Multinational Companies Shld Pay African Hosts Due Taxes Like They Would In Developed Countries.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Ejyksneh(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
That's because we are always paid below minimum and abruptly shortchanged
t00dugged:
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Gggg102(m): 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
Laple0541:

STOP BEING AN IGNORANT, IMMIGRANTS ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THEIR HOME COUNTRY IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
1. GNP OF THEIR HOME COUNTRY
2. THEY MAKE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIEND'S BUSSINESSES WHICH INVARIABLY MEANS THEY ARE BUILDING THEIR COUNTRY.
3. MANY OF THEM BRING THE KNOWLEDGE THEY GARNER FROM OVERSEAS TO SET UP INVESTMENTS IN THEIR COUNTRY.
THE CONTRIBUTIONS GO ON AND ON...........THE QUESTION YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF IS WHY ARE PEOPLE MIGRATING IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, THE IMMIGRANTS ARE NOT THE PEOPLE IN POWER IN THEIR VARIOUS COUNTRIES, MOST OF THEM ARE HELPLESS CITIZENS WHO HAVE IDEAS BUT FEAR SUCH IDEAS MAY DIE OFF DUE TO INEFFICIENCY IN THE WAYS AND MANNERS THEIR HOME COUNTRY IS BEING GOVERN HENCE THEY SEEKS ELSEWHERE TO SHOWCASE SUCH POTENTIALS. DID YOU KNOW THE NUMBER OF TALENTS THAT HAVE DIED OFF IN NIGERIA DUE TO THE AFOREMENTION?

first of all read my last sentence in that post.

they are making financial assistance to their family- can you compare that to what they contribute to their host country.
imagine graduating doctors emigrating, they take their expertise abroad, who will build the medical system at home.

imagine engineers going abroad, they develop the technology of the host nation but their home country battle with old technology.

how many of them would want to return to uncertainty in their home countries?

the contribution they make to their host nation is direct and the effect will be felt way more than that of the indirect contribution to their home country.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
Americans are lazy Foolss. Very lazy people , only South Africanz can equate their laziness.. They usually Blame immigrants for stealing Jobs. The day I Travel abroad, I'll b working for 15 Hours. After all I am already working for 12 hours with less than a 100 Dollar pay per Month

grin u are right and funny
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by gare(f): 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Itulah:
I got a notification mail from Quora as usual, though I didn't find the question and subject of discuss interesting from the mail, I just reluctantly opened it.

See question below an American asked and the quality of answers he received from his fellow American.
Please read and be encouraged.

Question:
Whether people admit it or hide it, isn't Trump absolutely right that ordinary Americans are now sick of African, Mexican, and Indian immigrants migrating to the USA and stealing jobs from American citizens?

Cc: Mynd44

Source: https://www.quora.com/Whether-people-admit-it-or-hide-it-isnt-Trump-absolutely-right-that-ordinary-Americans-are-now-sick-of-African-Mexican-and-Indian-immigrants-migrating-to-the-USA-and-stealing-jobs-from-American-citizens/answer/John-Gallagher-9?share=8855b582&srid=uhek4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6779315_screenshot20180304050554_jpeg15d49b5f0e110f02cca13ccd9def7bed

THIS IS A GREAT RESPONSE, THAT IS WHY A GET PISSED WHEN TRUMP SAID HE WILL BUILD A WALL TO FENCE OF MEXICO FROM USA, FORGETTING THAT AMERICA IS WHAT IT IS TODAY BECAUSE OF IMMIGRANTS, EVEN TRUMP IS A SON OF A GERMAN/IRISH IMMIGRANT, EVERYONE THAT CLAIMS AMERICA TODAY ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS, SO WHY STOP OTHERS, ALL YOU NEE TO DO IS TO REGULATE THE WHOLE SYSTEM AND ENSURE ONLY THOSE WITH GOOD INTENTIONS ARE ALLOWED IN.

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Delivar(m): 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:
Are you aware your comment has two meanings? grin grin

most of this immigrants wouldn't do the kind of jobs they do in their home country

1st Meaning: In their host country they don't want to do the jobs they used to do in their country of origin.

2nd meaning: In their country of origin they can't do the jobs they do in the country they migrated to. (Which is your meaning you are communicating)

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by LaudableXX: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Itulah:
I got a notification mail from Quora as usual, though I didn't find the question and subject of discuss interesting from the mail, I just reluctantly opened it.

See question below an American asked and the quality of answers he received from his fellow American.

Question:
Whether people admit it or hide it, isn't Trump absolutely right that ordinary Americans are now sick of African, Mexican, and Indian immigrants migrating to the USA and stealing jobs from American citizens?

Source: https://www.quora.com/Whether-people-admit-it-or-hide-it-isnt-Trump-absolutely-right-that-ordinary-Americans-are-now-sick-of-African-Mexican-and-Indian-immigrants-migrating-to-the-USA-and-stealing-jobs-from-American-citizens/answer/John-Gallagher-9?share=8855b582&srid=uhek4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6779315_screenshot20180304050554_jpeg15d49b5f0e110f02cca13ccd9def7bed

I just love this quote: wink "Immigrants might just believe in this country more than you do, so move your ass. Now. And quit your bitching because while you are wasting your time some immigrant is getting the job done." cool

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by MistadeRegal(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Absolutely fantastic.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by livebynite: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
Oluwanimoduroti:
smh.. u are.. i don't just get it man lipsrsealed alafishe

Get out

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Good response
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:
this doesn't sound right.

that reply was 'selfish'. the American was thinking from his American first POV.

that's why most of them love immigrants; they build America for them but their home country is wasted.

perhaps because they've given up on trying, and i cannot really blame them
nothing works in this country, and it is because of the attitude and mindset of the average nigerian

people who try to build this country and strive to do teh right thing repeatedly get frustrated

how many of our so called leaders of industry etal can stand up to close scrutiny?

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by RealDonaldTrump(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:

In Lagos Nigeria, we treat people sweeping the street and picking trash like sh!t, we look at housekeepers as dirty illiterates, oga boss play semi god 24/7, you can never shook hand with that lady washing the bathroom in your exotic office, that guy that just delivered that pizza to you is wretched, you quickly collect your pizza and slam the door.

Here in America, ALL jobs are seen as a true means to an end. We embrace each other and see ourselves as human, we do not define PEOPLE by the JOBS they do. And employers pay employees their wage for the job they do.

In Lagos Nigeria, LAWMA doesn’t get paid directly until their salary have been splitted into 3 pieces and the stipend doesn’t come until those poor workers start dying, so YES we can’t do those dirty jobs back home because we are treated like ANIMALS for the job we do and not as a PERSON that we are.

Here in America, a cab driver is richer than your head of account in FIRST BANK or GTBANK. A toilet cleaner live in an apartment that is equal to the houses in Lekki. So my sister there is no comparison there at all.

NIGERIA is dead

2 Likes

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by kelvinesq(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
A country where the odds of succeeding despite having what it takes are so low?
Where the government doesn't care?
Gggg102:
this does not sound right.

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by Uzoreen: 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
������� Nice one!
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by uuzba(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:

It's all about having a JUST system in place.
-
How many people have Fulani herdsmen killed?
What did our President and legislature do about it? Not a singe arrest.
-
In USA a gymnastics coach was found guilty of playing with small girl's toto. He didnt kill anybody OOOO!!!! They have sentenced him to 240years in prison.
-
For reasons like this, one just stands up and emirate to another country.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by uuzba(m): 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
RealDonaldTrump:

In Lagos Nigeria, we treat people sweeping the street and picking trash like sh!t, we look at housekeepers as dirty illiterates, oga boss play semi god .......

NIGERIA is dead

So are you saying that the greatest purposes for every Nigerian to fulfil is to to get a good education, then stand up and leave Nigeria.

If Every Nigerian leaves Nigeria, as you wish, all the Oyibos will come back here, take up the land and develop it. Then you will really be f**ked up.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by 360command: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
RealDonaldTrump:

A toilet cleaner live in an apartment that is equal to the houses in Lekki. So my sister there is no comparison there at all.

NIGERIA is dead
Wow! I will appreciate living in my house in NIgeria with lots of room and toilet than live in a small room apartment. My argument is, houses are bigger in lekki than the suppose "toilet cleaners" apartment in USA..

In USA, I have seen a house or apartment of 4 rooms sharing one toilet.. But this can't be said in africa.. For me, my 4 room apartment in Africa has 3 bathroom/toilet.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by RealDonaldTrump(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
uuzba:

So are you saying that the greatest purposes for every Nigerian to fulfil is to to get a good education, then stand up and leave Nigeria.

If Every Nigerian leaves Nigeria, as you wish, all the Oyibos will come back here, take up the land and develop it. Then you will really be f**ked up.

If you will ever quote me in your life ever again, quote the entire post. That last paragraph is a continuation of the previous paragraphs.

Nigerians and low IQ sha
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by ollybosieb: 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
May be they should think of how they stole the land from the native American in 1620 when they migrated from Europe
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by jaxxy(m): 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
t00dugged:

If dey pay #1.5m a month to wash dishes in a hotel here who wudnt take d job Wat am i saying even 300k sef. It's not about the job bt the pay. Nobody enjoys washing dishes just cos it's done in the US. Wat they enjoy is the earnings dey get. Simple

1 Like

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by jamjo: 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Take the dishwasher job for example.. In Nigeria, that ranges from #5,000 to #20,000 monthly in a city. In America, with their hourly pay can easily give one $5,000 - $6,000 monthly. That's at least #1.5m in Nigeria's current clime. Difficult to blame their choices sha

$5000-$6000?? monthly, where do you get your information from please just say what you know?
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by omozu1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
Itulah:

Question:

If you want your country to prosper you must care for these set of prople
The very poor, the youth, and those imgrant
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by akigbemaru: 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
Itulah:

Question:

Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by LagacyHills: 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hardwork is appreciated in the USA that's why immigrants work like robots there.
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by goaldynboy: 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Take the dishwasher job for example.. In Nigeria, that ranges from #5,000 to #20,000 monthly in a city. In America, with their hourly pay can easily give one $5,000 - $6,000 monthly. That's at least #1.5m in Nigeria's current clime. Difficult to blame their choices sha

A dish washer in America makes over N2Million a month?!

Tell that to the marines!!
Re: Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got by HomeOfMe(f): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
Itulah:

Question:

Bravo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos) / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.