Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,422 members, 7,819,518 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? (10921 Views)

Freethinkers, Do You Believe In The Significance Of Dreams? / Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2018
superhumanist:

A country that has a secular constitution but still operates Sharia law.

Ogbeni, you are clearly lacking in intelligence if you really think that Nigeria has anti-discriminarory laws that protect religious rights.

Sharia still falls within the respect of the rights of some persons. Sharia is for a specific group and not for everyone. If you are Muslim you face Sharia but if not, you go the normal legal route.

Please stop derailing this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by superhumanist(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
butterflylion:

Sharia still falls within the respect of the rights of some persons. Sharia is for a specific group and not for everyone. If you are Muslim you face Sharia but if not, you go the normal legal route.

So, you support Sharia to spite an agnostic?

Hypocrite Christian.

Sharia law cannot coexist with secular law.
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by rinrin23(f): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
superhumanist:

[b]There is nothing logical about your discussions [/b]that are laced with sophistry and emotional blackmail.

Simply put, atheists and other unbelievers are discriminated against in Nigeria. We are a tiny minority and it can be lonely at times. A simple fact that cannot get through your thick skull

Hi superhumanist. It'll help if you read the first two pages of butterflylion's thread below. You'd understand the mind you're conversing with and probably just ignore him going forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/4039408/thread-intelligent-lets-put-critical
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
superhumanist:

So, you support Sharia to spite an agnostic?

Hypocrite Christian.

Sharia law cannot coexist with secular law.

Again how you arrive at these your conclussions though Ming boggling is totally laughable and only known to you.

Here we you were talking about anti discrimatory laws and I simply sited the Nigerian constitution and you later mentioned Sharia law and I told you that even that is in line with the Nigerian constitution as long as it is restricted to those who demanded for it and you suddenly now declared that I am in support of it? grin

Smh

Did I orchestrate its origin or its enforcement?

It is now certain that you are not the brightest bulb in the class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
rinrin23:

Hi superhumanist. It'll help if you read the first two pages of butterflylion's thread below. You'd understand the mind you're conversing with and probably just ignore him going forward.

My mind is put to various uses as I deem fit. It's obvious my line of thought and comments is making you jittery which is why you had to do a background check (thanks for thinking me worthy of research) grin

If I choose to act dumb I will and if I choose to act super smart I can. It all depends on how bright the light of intelligence shines in those I converse with.

Life is a bowl of cherries cheesy but hey not everyone likes cherries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by budaatum: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
You make wild statements of 'knowledge' with way too much certainty, which you yourself claim one can not have. Or does what you write not include you for some reason?

I have my existence, to begin with. My life is mine, at least as soon as I gained awareness of myself, I, became mine, buda belongs to buda.

The improvements in buda's existence are buda's gains. If I am diligent in class, for instance, I will pass my exams, further my education, get a satisfying job and achieve things, as well as procreate, and provide a decent nest for mine, and perhaps improve my environment. If I seek understanding of myself, my gain is the peace of mind I have from knowing that whilst I walk through the valley of existence itself, there is nothing that I need be fearful of. Or it could be that if I wrote well, that no one would read what I write and dare think of insulting me.

Yes, I may lose it all, like when the company I work for goes bankrupt, or if I had remained paralysed, or when I die. But since my gain from seeking includes the understanding that all things are vanity and don't the buda make, I would have divested myself of such things anyway, so losing all is not possible since I voluntarily gave some away before they could be lost.

For those things I have sought after, I do not store them where they can be lost but in the minds of those in whom they take root, grow, flourish and produce fruit. I tell you with certainty, not one person who reads the words of buda shall not be affected by them forever and ever. Yet, all this is no boast while I live. So why concern myself with boasts when I am dead? Vanity, that's all it is.

My dear friend, if you have the insightfulness I know you are capable of, you would see that I have answered the question, "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world yet looses his soul?" I am however certain we would have to determine what we both mean by the "loss of one's soul". I might start a thread asking.

As to what I seek for, it is Light. I am who I am and I have chosen the duty of bringing Light to my people.

butterflylion:

How can you speak of gain if you never had anything to begin with? How many who are dead can boast of gain? You can only be diligent if you knew what you were seeking after but do you?

It's like the Bible says, " what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world yet looses his soul".

Where is your gain if in the long run you still loose it?
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2018
budaatum:
You make wild statements of 'knowledge' with way too much certainty, which you yourself claim one can not have. Or does what you write not include you for some reason?

I am not making claims. I am simply towing the line of freethought and logic. Sound unbelievable? wink

We are all being philosophical are we not? This is our inner musing revealed.

What I write does not include me ( this is a certainty)

I have my existence, to begin with. My life is mine, at least as soon as I gained awareness of myself, I, became mine, buda belongs to buda.

How can buda belong to buda when buda never struck a deal with anyone, not even his parents before he was conceived and born. You do not owe your life to yourself because you never had / have any control over it to begin with.

The improvements in buda's existence are buda's gains. If I am diligent in class, for instance, I will pass my exams, further my education, get a satisfying job and achieve things, as well as procreate, and provide a decent nest for mine, and perhaps improve my environment. If I seek understanding of myself, my gain is the peace of mind I have from knowing that whilst I walk through the valley of existence itself, there is nothing that I need be fearful of. Or it could be that if I wrote well, that no one would read what I write and dare think of insulting me.

If we were to have the ability to live forever then would we be able to talk about gain or appreciation of our achievements but death itself despite all the toil and labour at what we call gain and appreciation is always a rude shocker same way it was to Solomon when he declared "vanity! All is vanity! We labour for another to reap. If we had the capability of taking all our gains and labour of appreciation with us to the grave (and beyond) then would we be able to boast about gain or any extra value.

Yes, I may lose it all, like when the company I work for goes bankrupt, or if I had remained paralysed, or when I die. But since my gain from seeking includes the understanding that all things are vanity and don't the buda make, I would have divested myself of such things anyway, so losing all is not possible since I voluntarily gave some away before they could be lost

If you knew this then you would not have made the other comment above about gain and appreciation since even here you are seeing the futility of it especially if in this world alone we have hope, wouldn't we, of all men be miserable?

For those things I have sought after, I do not store them where they can be lost but in the minds of those in whom they take root, grow, flourish and produce fruit. I tell you with certainty, not one person who reads the words of buda shall not be affected by them forever and ever. Yet, all this is no boast while I live. So why concern myself with boasts when I am dead? Vanity, that's all it is.

So you assume. A lot of people suffer from short attention span and would quickly move on to the next helper once you are gone and the next helper would take all the praises and appreciation you thought you would get post humously. I see you repeating vanity, all is vanity a lot. So I ask again, if in this world of pain and torture and death we have hope alone wouldn't it all be vanity upon vanity (as you have kept repeating)?

My dear friend, if you have the insightfulness I know you are capable of, you would see that I have answered the question, "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world yet looses his soul?" I am however certain we would have to determine what we both mean by the "loss of one's soul". I might start a thread asking

You have not even scratched the surface. Even your words of "vanity is all there is" says you have not scratched the surface.

As to what I seek for, it is Light. I am who I am and I have chosen the duty of bringing Light to my people

Some have found this light you seek. It may not be the kind you seek so tell me what the light you seek looks like or feels like and if this light which you seek wouldn't still be a closed loop of "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by budaatum: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
butterflylion:

How can buda belong to buda when buda never struck a deal with anyone, not even his parents before he was conceived and born. You do not owe your life to yourself because you never had / have any control over it to begin with.
I have not had to strike a deal with anyone or anything. And my life does belong to me. And I do have control over it. And no one, or nothing, has greater control over my life than I have.

butterflylion:

If we were to have the ability to live forever then would we be able to talk about gain or appreciation of our achievements but death itself despite all the toil and labour at what we call gain and appreciation is always a rude shocker same way it was to Solomon when he declared "vanity! All is vanity! We labour for another to reap. If we had the capability of taking all our gains and labour of appreciation with us to the grave (and beyond) then would we be able to boast about gain or any extra value.
Since we apparently do not have the "ability to live forever", the point is rather mute. First, I do not labour in vain! There is no way I write all these words for no reason whatsoever, and I am certain they have an effect. I do not exist to boast about the fact either, and I see no merit in being buried with worldly materials.

butterflylion:

If you knew this then you would not have made the other comment above about gain and appreciation since even here you are seeing the futility of it especially if in this world alone we have hope, wouldn't we, of all men be miserable?
I am not miserable. I am rather exceedingly happy in fact. All I see before me is the endless achievements of the past and the endless possibilities in the future. There is hope, at the very least so why would one be miserable for living in these most interesting of times?

butterflylion:

So you assume. A lot of people suffer from short attention span and would quickly move on to the next helper once you are gone and the next helper would take all the praises and appreciation you thought you would get post humously. I see you repeating vanity, all is vanity a lot. So I ask again, if in this world of pain and torture and death we have hope alone wouldn't it all be vanity upon vanity (as you have kept repeating)?
Please, it must be hard enough for what I actually write to be understood, do stop adding to it unnecessarily. I never said anything about "attention span". Nor do I know this, "world of pain and torture and death" that you refer to. To be honest, if I did see such a world, I can understand that I may need some external superpowerful being to help me get through it, or save me from it. But, you did say, "if", so perhaps you are admitting that the world might not be one of "pain and torture and death", and that might just be how some chose to perceive it.

So lets try the inverse of your 'if world' and try mine. If the world is of joy, and happiness, and life, would it not influence one differently?

I once took a friend with me when I took Light to the Orolu Kingdom. On arrival, my people were like "just give us money so we can eat!", while my friend expected people to be grateful for what we had brought. I asked him, if he had received a letter begging him to bring light. "No", he answered, and asked me why I did it then? "Because it is a proper thing to do", I said, "and it is my duty to do it", I told him, it has nothing to do with a reward, but about increasing the possibilities of individual self realisation.

That however, is not to say I have not been rewarded. One day, I sat outside the building in which I place the light that I bring and the little kids in the neighbourhood came unto me. There was this child, barely a year old, couldn't talk yet, who began rhyming "E, bi, si, di, e, ef, ji" a song I often sing with her older siblings. It was the first reward I had gotten from ten years on the project. And there must be many others who I am not aware of who have benefited from my labour.

My point is, "praises and appreciation", and gratitude are irrelevant. One casts ones seed and those which would be trampled would be trampled, those which will sprout and wither will sprout and wither, and those which will grow into fruit bearing trees will do so of their own accord and not be trampled on nor die.

butterflylion:

Some have found this light you seek. It may not be the kind you seek so tell me what the light you seek looks like or feels like and if this light which you seek wouldn't still be a closed loop of "vanity upon vanity, all is vanity".
I do not quite get this "closed loop" thing you keep referring to, I must admit. I don't find anything closed about what we discuss here. Everytime I return to discussing the same topic, for instance, I find that my understanding has moved on a bit, evolved, so to speak. I can understand how people who resist evolving may not have this experience though, and how their loop might seem closed.

The light I seek is one of understanding. I seek to understand me, others, the world around me and how I may fit into it more effectively. I know that there exists someone somewhere in this universe, who has followed our conversation here and become better off for it. It is vanity alone that would make me consider creating a loop, and closing iI. And it is ignorance alone, that would disable me from realising that there really is no loop except one one creates in ones own mind.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by budaatum: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
butterflylion:

If I choose to act dumb I will and if I choose to act super smart I can. It all depends on how bright the light of intelligence shines in those I converse with.
Do note that others too have this power to choose. Even if our choices depend on how bright we ourselves choose to shine.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
author=budaatum post=65696539]
I have not had to strike a deal with anyone or anything. And my life does belong to me. And I do have control over it. And no one, or nothing, has greater control over my life than I have.

When you did not have any contribution towards

1) how you were conceived

2) how you were born

3) whom your parents were

4) How , where and when you will die

When you have no control over these how can you then claim your life is yours and belongs to you. If nothing and no one has greater control over your life than you then perhaps

1) death (which by the way is something) shouldn't be stronger than you

2) you would have had the ability to choose how you were born

3) you would have had the ability to choose the parents you were born to and made sure they come customised per chosen (tall, with dimples, fair skinned, rich, driving a Ferrari, living in a huge mansion, etc)

4) where and how you die should be under your control.

However none of the above is under your control so I guess there are quite a few very important things that control you and not the other way round.

Since we apparently do not have the "ability to live forever", the point is rather mute. First, I do not labour in vain! There is no way I write all these words for no reason whatsoever, and I am certain they have an effect. I do not exist to boast about the fact either, and I see no merit in being buried with worldly materials.

You say we do not live forever but that is the crux of all life if we seek for gain or appreciation and do not wish to sing "vanity all is vanity on our death bed when we realise that if we laboured to become billionaires that there has finally come a time when every penny of our billions cannot be offered in exchange for our life and death shows that it cannot be bought and we close our eyes to this world. It's tragic to realise the futility of it all.

I am not miserable. I am rather exceedingly happy in fact. All I see before me is the endless achievements of the past and the endless possibilities in the future. There is hope, at the very least so why would one be miserable for living in these most interesting of times?

Again when you are dead how can you even imagine a future except if this world isn't all there is. If you see the endless possibilities of the future, this is your subconscious speaking about a future probably after you are gone and you wishing it would be a great one... Probably greater than when you were here but should it matter to you since you say there is no possibility of living forever so why bother?

Please, it must be hard enough for what I actually write to be understood, do stop adding to it unnecessarily. I never said anything about "attention span". Nor do I know this, "world of pain and torture and death" that you refer to. To be honest, if I did see such a world, I can understand that I may need some external superpowerful being to help me get through it, or save me from it. But, you did say, "if", so perhaps you are admitting that the world might not be one of "pain and torture and death", and that might just be how some chose to perceive it.

I wouldn't be responding if I did not understand all you wrote. You do not have to say attention span. I am telling you the reality. Remember we began by talking about how flawed man is? Selfishness is one of such flaws and as such we quickly move on to another benefactor when one passes on and our minds quickly reset to follow and appreciate this new benefactor and in a short span of time, the first benefactor would become forgotten.

So lets try the inverse of your 'if world' and try mine. If the world is of joy, and happiness, and life, would it not influence one differently?

I once took a friend with me when I took Light to the Orolu Kingdom. On arrival, my people were like "just give us money so we can eat!", while my friend expected people to be grateful for what we had brought. I asked him, if he had received a letter begging him to bring light. "No", he answered, and asked me why I did it then? "Because it is a proper thing to do", I said, "and it is my duty to do it", I told him, it has nothing to do with a reward, but about increasing the possibilities of individual self realisation.

That however, is not to say I have not been rewarded. One day, I sat outside the building in which I place the light that I bring and the little kids in the neighbourhood came unto me. There was this child, barely a year old, couldn't talk yet, who began rhyming "E, bi, si, di, e, ef, ji" a song I often sing with her older siblings. It was the first reward I had gotten from ten years on the project. And there must be many others who I am not aware of who have benefited from my labour.

My point is, "praises and appreciation", and gratitude are irrelevant. One casts ones seed and those which would be trampled would be trampled, those which will sprout and wither will sprout and wither, and those which will grow into fruit bearing trees will do so of their own accord and not be trampled on nor die.

The mere fact that you told this story from your past and recounted a notable occurrence like the 1yr old kid shows you appreciated it. We are wired to warm our way towards appreciation and praises and no matter how we pretend to not want it, it is what makes us keep doing what we do to bring smiles to the faces of people. They are our reward. The fact that you talk about those who may have benefited from your labour shows you appreciate it.

I do not quite get this "closed loop" thing you keep referring to, I must admit. I don't find anything closed about what we discuss here. Everytime I return to discussing the same topic, for instance, I find that my understanding has moved on a bit, evolved, so to speak. I can understand how people who resist evolving may not have this experience though, and how their loop might seem closed.

Look all over nairaland religion section from long ago till date and try and see the pattern of questions and threads opened by totally different people over the years. It has been repeated topics and questions and comments over and over again and that is because many are stuck in this loop and cannot get out. You cannot get out. The fact that there is death triggers a whole lot of things that we cannot break away from no matter how hard we try. Questions get asked and then more questions and even the answers given are also asked more questions on their own because nobody fully understands anything so we are stuck in a rut as it were.

The light I seek is one of understanding. I seek to understand me, others, the world around me and how I may fit into it more effectively. I know that there exists someone somewhere in this universe, who has followed our conversation here and become better off for it. It is vanity alone that would make me consider creating a loop, and closing iI. And it is ignorance alone, that would disable me from realising that there really is no loop except one one creates in ones own mind.

1) This brings us back to the flawed human.

2) you cannot seek to know you when you are selfish and flawed. You can never truly know you because all you would do would be to take what you selfishly want and appreciate and disregard the rest. What you appreciate and embrace may not be what you should have.

3) you cannot understand others because they are also flawed and selfish. They would always show you the side they want you to see and not their true selves. How can you say you understand a person when you do not have access to their thoughts? Their thoughts are them as well so without knowing their thoughts then understanding eludes you.

4) This closed loop is not for you to control. It has been there and will remain. You cannot close the loop because even you are trapped in the loop.

Bottom line, if you could have control over every aspect of your life then we would not be having this discussion. This discussion is proof that you have no control.
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
budaatum:

Do note that others too have this power to choose. Even if our choices depend on how bright we ourselves choose to shine.

That I am well aware of but only spoke for myself when I said "i".

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by budaatum: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2018
butterflylion:

When you did not have any contribution towards

1) how you were conceived

2) how you were born........

However none of the above is under your control so I guess there are quite a few very important things that control you and not the other way round.
You appear to fail to comprehend the difference between, being controlled, and, influence.

I have written here that bringing light to the Orolu Kingdom, is my duty. I have even said on another thread that the spirits sent me to go forth bring that light, thereby implying that they control me. The fact is that while it may be said that my thoughts on such things is the source of control, they do not make me do anything and I still choose whether I do what I do or not.

If I were controlled, I could hardly be held responsuble for any of my so called sins!

butterflylion:

You say we do not live forever but that is the crux of all life if we seek for gain or appreciation and do not wish to sing "vanity all is vanity on our death bed when we realise that if we laboured to become billionaires that there has finally come a time when every penny of our billions cannot be offered in exchange for our life and death shows that it cannot be bought and we close our eyes to this world. It's tragic to realise the futility of it all.
Tragic, it may seem, but that is life, or death, so to speak.

butterflylion:

Again when you are dead how can you even imagine a future except if this world isn't all there is. If you see the endless possibilities of the future, this is your subconscious speaking about a future probably after you are gone and you wishing it would be a great one... Probably greater than when you were here but should it matter to you since you say there is no possibility of living forever so why bother?
I choose to bother. I met a world when I arrived and it will still be there long after I am gone. So why should I assume that my existence would be pointless? I bother because I choose to care.

butterflylion:

I wouldn't be responding if I did not understand all you wrote. You do not have to say attention span. I am telling you the reality. Remember we began by talking about how flawed man is? Selfishness is one of such flaws and as such we quickly move on to another benefactor when one passes on and our minds quickly reset to follow and appreciate this new benefactor and in a short span of time, the first benefactor would become forgotten.
You know me from my words, least, the little you know of me, so why claim I cannot know you from yours?

I am sure you would remember your parents long after they are gone, and that your children will remember you long after you are gone. But still, that is not essential. I don't have a desire to be worshipped, so if I am forgotten, c'est la vie!

butterflylion:

The mere fact that you told this story from your past and recounted a notable occurrence like the 1yr old kid shows you appreciated it. We are wired to warm our way towards appreciation and praises and no matter how we pretend to not want it, it is what makes us keep doing what we do to bring smiles to the faces of people. They are our reward. The fact that you talk about those who may have benefited from your labour shows you appreciate it.
I am sure you would agree that if I had been told when I began the project that my reward would come in ten years time in the form of some little girl, hardly able to speak, saying "E, bi, si, di, e, ef, ji", I might have declined the errand claiming "surely that's a rather insufficient reward".

Yet, it would be odd of me to provide the resources I provide without some use made of them. That use, is all the appreciation I require. And trust me, not many know me or of me yet benefit from my effort.

butterflylion:

Look all over nairaland religion section from long ago till date and try and see the pattern of questions and threads opened by totally different people over the years. It has been repeated topics and questions and comments over and over again and that is because many are stuck in this loop and cannot get out. You cannot get out. The fact that there is death triggers a whole lot of things that we cannot break away from no matter how hard we try. Questions get asked and then more questions and even the answers given are also asked more questions on their own because nobody fully understands anything so we are stuck in a rut as it were.
Please be aware that very many have benefited from being here reading you present the same arguments over and over. Great things are being done in your name whether people come back to inform you or not. At least, that is the opinion I have of my being here, which is probably longer than you have been here.

butterflylion:

2) you cannot seek to know you when you are selfish and flawed. You can never truly know you because all you would do would be to take what you selfishly want and appreciate and disregard the rest. What you appreciate and embrace may not be what you should have.
Talk for yourself please! I seek to know to reduce my flawdedness and selfishness. My knowing, for instance, allows me to understand that people believe various diverse things yet there's enough space for us all.

butterflylion:

3) you cannot understand others because they are also flawed and selfish. They would always show you the side they want you to see and not their true selves. How can you say you understand a person when you do not have access to their thoughts? Their thoughts are them as well so without knowing their thoughts then understanding eludes you.
Yet, you understand me, at least, the little I present to you of myself. You are not claiming only you have that ability, or are you?

butterflylion:

Bottom line, if you could have control over every aspect of your life then we would not be having this discussion. This discussion is proof that you have no control.
I have control over quite very many aspects of my life. And to prove my point, I am getting off this loop of yours in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by butterflylion: 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=budaatum post=65700666]
You appear to fail to comprehend the difference between, being controlled, and, influence.

I have written here that bringing light to the Orolu Kingdom, is my duty. I have even said on another thread that the spirits sent me to go forth bring that light, thereby implying that they control me. The fact is that while it may be said that my thoughts on such things is the source of control, they do not make me do anything and I still choose whether I do what I do or not.

If I were controlled, I could hardly be held responsuble for any of my so called sins!

Control or influence the point remains that something caused it and your desire to choose shows you had options thrown at you. Options probably deliberately set before you like a revolving door that would let you to a preset destination. You still had no control.

Tragic, it may seem, but that is life, or death, so to speak

Not for everyone..

I choose to bother. I met a world when I arrived and it will still be there long after I am gone. So why should I assume that my existence would be pointless? I bother because I choose to care.

Tell me how your care would matter when you breath your last. Who would care if you cared? Life they say must go on with or without you.

You know me from my words, least, the little you know of me, so why claim I cannot know you from yours?

I do not know you. You may be putting up a front because this is a faceless forum. If people can fake a lot of things about themselves on instagram where they even post pictures and events how hard would it be to fake a life on nairaland?

I am sure you would remember your parents long after they are gone, and that your children will remember you long after you are gone. But still, that is not essential. I don't have a desire to be worshipped, so if I am forgotten, c'est la vie!

Time they say heals everything. We all forget sometime. If we do not forget due to dementia at old age, we would forget as new generations come and go.

I am sure you would agree that if I had been told when I began the project that my reward would come in ten years time in the form of some little girl, hardly able to speak, saying "E, bi, si, di, e, ef, ji", I might have declined the errand claiming "surely that's a rather insufficient reward".

Yet, it would be odd of me to provide the resources I provide without some use made of them. That use, is all the appreciation I require. And trust me, not many know me or of me yet benefit from my effort

I thought you said praise and appreciation wasn't necessary so why are you now embracing it? No matter what you attach your appreciation to its what it is. .

Please be aware that very many have benefited from being here reading you present the same arguments over and over. Great things are being done in your name whether people come back to inform you or not. At least, that is the opinion I have of my being here, which is probably longer than you have been here

Still proves the closed loop is very much there. .

Talk for yourself please! I seek to know to reduce my flawdedness and selfishness. My knowing, for instance, allows me to understand that people believe various diverse things yet there's enough space for us all.

Your very foundation is faulty so saying you wish to reduce your flawed nature is a fallacy on its own because your flesh wants what it wants and since your flesh is the contact point for your comfort or discomfort, I am sure that selfishly you would maneuver your way to comfort.

Yet, you understand me, at least, the little I present to you of myself. You are not claiming only you have that ability, or are you?

I may read your comments BUT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU! there is a difference. Your comments I understand but THE YOU behind the comments, I do not.

I have control over quite very many aspects of my life. And to prove my point, I am getting off this loop of yours in this thread

Going away from this discussion does not in any way break this loop you are chained to. Like I said, nobody controls this loop. Not you, not me. It's like dropping an ant into a tin of milk. It can stray everywhere within this tin of milk but it can never stray outside of it. This is the loop you are in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by ScienceWatch: 2:02am On Mar 10, 2018
butterflylion:

He is derailing because he is a lonely freethinking atheist.
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by ScienceWatch: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:
Martinez19 I am still waiting o or was my line of questioning too deep and too tough for you? grin
A beggar once asked me for N50, I said sure, but asked him if he had change as I only had N100.

The beggar became very excited and assured me that he had all the change I need.
I won't share how it all ended, but that Martinez and Atheists reminds me of that beggar.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by superhumanist(m): 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
ScienceWatch:
A beggar once asked me for N50, I said sure, but asked him if he had change as I only had N100.

The beggar became very excited and assured me that he had all the change I need.
I won't share how it all ended, but that Martinez and Atheists reminds me of that beggar.

Tramadol will make you tramadulled! grin

Say "NO" to drugs
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by superhumanist(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2018
rinrin23:

Sorry for the late reply.

I think it is better to challenge a scammer than to ignore the scammer. You know, one should make a scammer regret his decision to scam people!
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
rinrin23:
This is a question that I'd like to pose to those nairalanders on a quest to enlightenment, those in search of the truth of our existence and purpose on earth, those who have and hold views contrary to popular belief.
Do you ever feel lonely?

I have come a long way in my quest for enlightenment and yet I know that I have only just scratched the surface. Four years ago I asked a few questions that lead me away from my religious beliefs, and "down the rabbit hole".

This is a journey that completely changed my life, exposed the weaknesses in the core of my reasoning and belief system. I have since gone from "Christian" to "Atheist" and to being in complete and utter awe of this great mystery that we live in. I always say that "I am searching " and this has opened my mind greatly to infinite possibilities. Sometimes I look back at my previous posts and comments on this platform and laugh at how far I've come.

What I have found is that regardless of the bond and connection I form with anyone else, there's a huge gaping void of loneliness I feel when I can't share my journey with them. I'll quote Carl Jung when he says "As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still because I know things and must hint at things that others know nothing of and for the most part do not want to know. Loneliness does not come from having no one about, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself or from holding views which others find inadmissible ".

I don't always feel this way, but every now and then I look at the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and I feel a twinge of that deep seated loneliness. Does he know that I am searching? Yes. Does he understand what that truely means? No. Would I ever be able to share this incredible yet intimate part of my existence with him? I fear tremendously, No. Would I always have to tiptoe around these things, twist words so that I am understood, deflect questions he asks cos he might never understand? I fear tremendously, Yes.

It's been an emotional night for me as I contemplate these things. I'd like to know if anyone else is in my shoes, how do you handle it?

Sorry, but it is quite tough sharing, you need a man who is on the journey, that is what is meant by twin flame. You can not be happy fully with a man, who is not on the journey. It is a tough call, I have been there.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by rinrin23(f): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2018
Organism000:

Sorry, but it is quite tough sharing, you need a man who is on the journey, that is what is meant by twin flame. You can not be happy fully with a man, who is not on the journey. It is a tough call, I have been there.

My thoughts exactly. I was lead to your posts yesterday, it is good to see you back under a different name, that is if my instincts serve me correctly smiley
Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 09, 2018
rinrin23:

My thoughts exactly. I was lead to your posts yesterday, it is good to see you back under a different name, that is if my instincts serve me correctly smiley

Haven't seen Nigerian ladies being interested on this stuff. Mostly American and Russian ladies i have come across

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
rinrin23:
This is a question that I'd like to pose to those nairalanders on a quest to enlightenment, those in search of the truth of our existence and purpose on earth, those who have and hold views contrary to popular belief.
Do you ever feel lonely?

I have come a long way in my quest for enlightenment and yet I know that I have only just scratched the surface. Four years ago I asked a few questions that lead me away from my religious beliefs, and "down the rabbit hole".

This is a journey that completely changed my life, exposed the weaknesses in the core of my reasoning and belief system. I have since gone from "Christian" to "Atheist" and to being in complete and utter awe of this great mystery that we live in. I always say that "I am searching " and this has opened my mind greatly to infinite possibilities. Sometimes I look back at my previous posts and comments on this platform and laugh at how far I've come.

What I have found is that regardless of the bond and connection I form with anyone else, there's a huge gaping void of loneliness I feel when I can't share my journey with them. I'll quote Carl Jung when he says "As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still because I know things and must hint at things that others know nothing of and for the most part do not want to know. Loneliness does not come from having no one about, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself or from holding views which others find inadmissible ".

I don't always feel this way, but every now and then I look at the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and I feel a twinge of that deep seated loneliness. Does he know that I am searching? Yes. Does he understand what that truely means? No. Would I ever be able to share this incredible yet intimate part of my existence with him? I fear tremendously, No. Would I always have to tiptoe around these things, twist words so that I am understood, deflect questions he asks cos he might never understand? I fear tremendously, Yes.

It's been an emotional night for me as I contemplate these things. I'd like to know if anyone else is in my shoes, how do you handle it?

Loneliness is a norm for Starseeds like you until you find a fellow starseed. No one will ever understand you truly, except your kind.

Try to join international forums and channels that have people who resonate with what you.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by JeromeBlack: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2018
It is normal to feel alone when you are different from most people in your environment

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? by Babacele: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2018
hmmmm where have I been?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chosen For Laughter. Sermon And Prayer Point By Pastor E A Adeboye / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.