Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? (22595 Views)

This Happened In My New Work Place. Please advice / Can One Be Punished In A Work Place Without, Giving Code Of Conduct? / Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by obowunmi(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2018
Don't do it.

Don't do it.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by obowunmi(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:
Bros, am talking about senior staff dat can sack and unsack here.....Am new here and scared of loosing my job.

Record them. Record them.

Don't do it.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
Take an audio record of all transactions with them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by delpee(f): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
You need another job. Diehard looters rarely change.
Pray that you're not implicated while you're there. Remember that not all prisoners are guilty of any offence.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by zinaunreal(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
End time work. Better blow the whistle or start looking for another work because you will definitely get fired. Work no dey oooooh
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by ejihand(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
TMemos:
Generally,

Generally, you should be more concerned about your integrity than the loss of job and subsequent prosecution which may lead to conviction.

But before I can give you a specific advice, you need to shed more light on the following:

Is it a private sector company or a government establishment?

How many people come to you for signature? You only said some senior people. Is your direct boss/supervisor one of them?

Has your appointment been confirmed? What's the confirmation period and procedure?

What's the frequency of signing?

Is there any part of your job description which says you should sign such?

Come and answer these questions joor.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by histemple: 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
You had better stop the forgery. If they got a fictitious receipt, signing it shouldn't be difficult for them. Why involve you in the signing when one of them can easily change his/her signature and it's done.

I may not be surprised to discover that they are setting you up for a serious blackmail.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by kalu61(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
Just resign if you feel guilty of it rather than ignorantly fight a war you can never win and put your job and life at stake.Those people are well connect and don't be surprise somebody at the HQ knows about.When you go there with all evidence,its end up in the bin.you are accused instead and sack with life threat

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Odiriance4all(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Secretly report it to the authority in the headquarter
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by practicalclass: 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:
Pls i need a candid advise on how to deal with this situation at my work place.
I got this job August Last year after waiting for years after my NYSC. There is something going on here which is strictly against my believe and practice.
Some senior staff will come with receipts for me to sign. Receipts on goods and services that has not even taken place so that they can forward it to the headquarter for approval. How do i tell them its against my believe cuz i always feel that guilt after signing .
I need advise on how to go about it without offending anyone and without affecting my job.

How about saying "I'm sorry sir/ma or uncle/aunty, i wont be able to sign that. Its against the ethics of my joy as the company employed with the hope that they trust me to do my job well". Tell them with a smile, yet be firm.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by asscb(f): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
And I know the company grin grin
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by RexTramadol1: 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
Don't mind people saying there is another job o

Infact Ait just sacked some last week, we plenty for the hustle

Me no fit do that kind thn sha, but since u don start, finish am

I will be watching you from high places albeit facing front.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:
I got this job August Last year after waiting for years after my NYSC. There is something going on here which is strictly against my believe and practice.
Some senior staff will come with receipts for me to sign. Receipts on goods and services that has not even taken place so that they can forward it to the headquarter for approval. How do i tell them its against my believe cuz i always feel that guilt after signing .
I need advise on how to go about it without offending anyone and without affecting my job.

This happens all the time across the globe and the simple thing you can do to protect yourself is this.
Do your very best in terms of HARDWORK & SUPER ATTITUDE TO WORK - Do not gossip or tell anyone of this, if you are asked, It is not your business. You are only doing what you are told. Now here is where you do the SMARTWORK. a good job is not easy to find in this Buhari/APC Era.

1: Have an excel sheet where you record SERIAL #, WHO, WHAT, DATE AND TIME
2: Snap, Copy or Scan the receipts and tag/rename it against the serial number
3: Download Dropbox and SAVE YOUR EVIDENCE - Never ask Dropbox to remember your password or keep you signed-in
4: Download a call-recorder app and load it on your phone set-to AUTO-record.. If you have all these crooks numbers saved on your phone, the call recorder will save all their calls with Date and Time.. make sure to timidly ask or send email once in a while that you noticed that some goods or services where not confirmed or verified and take anything they say without question.

The chances are INTERNAL AUDIT already know of what is happening and have their EYES ON YOU. Internal Audit can report directly to the Company Board not the Executive Management. You have your evidence in hand in the event they make you a scape-goat or Fall-guy. Present your evidence and tell them that you where threatened or were at the Risk of Death or Harm from your Senior Crooks.

If this Strategy does not SAVE you and you get FIRED.. take Sue your company and present your Evidence - Mobile Networks can corroborate your story with call records and SMS text.. YOU DON HAMMER - GALA MY G grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
practicalclass:

How about saying "I'm sorry sir/ma or uncle/aunty, i wont be able to sign that. Its against the ethics of my joy as the company employed with the hope that they trust me to do my job well". Tell them with a smile, yet be firm.

Take a KPMG Training in Ethics and Business - Every Successful company swims a little to the Left and a little to the Right.. there is no straight and Narrow path even in the Church or Mosque.. wink
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by adedayourt(m): 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:

In accounting this is called ethical deliema.

If you certain those receipt have not taken place, it's in ur place to politely request for supporting evidences supporting their claim and failure to provide it, simply decline ur signature on it.

Yes it ll put ur job on the line

Yes the outcome might result to you being shown the way out

But most importantly, you protect ur integrity

And trust God, even those that caused ur job loss ll be the ones to recommend u for higher oppurtunity tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Culin(f): 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
You either tell or you don't, you either offend them or you don't. No two ways about it.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Only1mi(f): 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Try recording events via audio/video if you can. you might be needing it one day. Trust no one.

Exactly, cos the ogas have a fall guy and it's the person signing the cheques.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by lekbel09(m): 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:
better don't sign again if you know wat is good for you,always do the right thing even if you lose your job your mind will be at rest
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by lekbel09(m): 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:
Bros, am talking about senior staff dat can sack and unsack here.....Am new here and scared of loosing my job.
forget about losing your job even if you lose it God will provide another ,be wise
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
if the company get bankrupt tomorrow because of the deceit,you will be left without job

report to headquarter as fast as possible,you are now an accomplice in the crime going on

if you wanna redeem your name,report to a trust worthy high manager in the headquarter.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Raypawer(m): 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
Pray about it and stop signing! Don't be afraid to lose your Job, God is the greatest and ultimate provider of everything.

Politely declare your stand, but be firm about it, let them know your dead serious!

Innobee99:
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Raypawer(m): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2018
Report to a higher manager of your past deed, don't try to excluded your self, in shot report your self first!
Raypawer:
Pray about it and stop signing! Don't be afraid to lose your Job, God is the greatest and ultimate provider of everything.

Politely declare your stand, but be firm about it, let them know your dead serious!

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Stop signing or you may sign attendance register in one of Nigerian prisons sooner or later.One of the lessons you must learn fast in the workplace is firmness-ability to say no.You will be shocked to find out that your bosses are waiting for you to say " no".You are not helping yourself by being pliable .

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by blank(f): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Tell them straight up that it's against your beliefs. They will look for other things to use to sack you but tell them that you cannot and then stick to it.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:

Please you should read this www.nairaland.com/4344461/4-workplace-politics-should-know thanks
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by bros1234(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
First and foremost, speak to your lawyer right now in case of...

Next... Stop signing. In law you're a part of the crime. Deal with your fear of losing your job. Even if you do, you would have stood for what is right

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Originalsly: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
My advice....take snapshots of the receipts... time stamped. ... then refuse to sign them. If they threaten or sack you... report to HQ.In the mean time...try finding another job....after all. ... HQ knows about it as well.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
this is my advice n please do it and adhere to it.....for now ur job matters. ..so stick to it...you are new dia so adopt wat am about telling you...have a ur phone recorded on when ever they come...call their names fully n say you are being complied to sign what you dnt knw or under duress..say it in a joking way or in a way they will not understand...then sign n arrange in a safe place tomorow....incase they are caught that tape will vindicate you....
dnt report for now....
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by bedspread: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:
LET THE RIGHTEOUS ARISE.... don't let so called senior staff ruin your life... Refuse to be a part of wrong.... Even if it cost you ur Job....
Don't be SUPRISED your stand for Righteousness Excelerate you in that Organization
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

This happens all the time across the globe and the simple thing you can do to protect yourself is this.
Do your very best in terms of HARDWORK & SUPER ATTITUDE TO WORK - Do not gossip or tell anyone of this, if you are asked, It is not your business. You are only doing what you are told. Now here is where you do the SMARTWORK. a good job is not easy to find in this Buhari/APC Era.

1: Have an excel sheet where you record SERIAL #, WHO, WHAT, DATE AND TIME
2: Snap, Copy or Scan the receipts and tag/rename it against the serial number
3: Download Dropbox and SAVE YOUR EVIDENCE - Never ask Dropbox to remember your password or keep you signed-in
4: Download a call-recorder app and load it on your phone set-to AUTO-record.. If you have all these crooks numbers saved on your phone, the call recorder will save all their calls with Date and Time.. make sure to timidly ask or send email once in a while that you noticed that some goods or services where not confirmed or verified and take anything they say without question.

The chances are INTERNAL AUDIT already know of what is happening and have their EYES ON YOU. Internal Audit can report directly to the Company Board not the Executive Management. You have your evidence in hand in the event they make you a scape-goat or Fall-guy. Present your evidence and tell them that you where threatened or were at the Risk of Death or Harm from your Senior Crooks.

If this Strategy does not SAVE you and you get FIRED.. take Sue your company and present your Evidence - Mobile Networks can corroborate your story with call records and SMS text.. YOU DON HAMMER - GALA MY G grin grin grin

Dear OP, you asked for advice, and this is the best by far. Follow it and watch your back.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
Innobee99:

At the end of the day it's your signature on those documents, if anyone is going to be indicted it will be you.

This is a tough one. Is your boss (or department head) aware of this? If he is maybe you can talk to him about it and seek his opinion first. But it's a tough one

Regardless of accounts balancing up, an audit will turn up fraudulent documents. It doesn't matter what fiscal consequences occurred. Fraudulent documents are fraudulent documents.

In Warri we have an adage: The Fly Wey No Hear Word Na Him Dey Follow Dead Body Enter Grave

Stay safe bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Widow Who Rides A Keke Napep For A Living Shares Her Emotional Story (photos) / I Was Slapped By My Employer / PHOTOS: Public Worker Sweeping The Streets Backing Her Baby In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.