Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? (22628 Views)

This Happened In My New Work Place. Please advice / Can One Be Punished In A Work Place Without, Giving Code Of Conduct? / Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by sammylink: 7:06am On Mar 05, 2018
Am the Head of HR in a business conglomerate.
Report to the Head of HR in your organisation and possibly the MD.
They would arrange a set-up for them and vindicate you.
Act fast or else you will pay for what you did not buy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by mosaicafrique: 7:17am On Mar 05, 2018
Please the only professional way to go about it is to BLOW A WHITSLE
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Flaghouse1: 7:20am On Mar 05, 2018
adusco:
report to the HQ directly if you smell threat

What of if some people in HQ are in consonance with the racket,and at the end of the day he is exposed by to the senior members

Candid advise: Ask them for physical items to be sighted before signature is appended, I believe you are in Accounts unit
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by olubless90: 7:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
Bros, am talking about senior staff dat can sack and unsack here.....Am new here and scared of loosing my job.
hold on to your Job and loose both your integrity, Name and heaven.......

my advice is dat inform ur boss abt it
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by visi123: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Stop signing because at the end, you will be responsible. They don't have question to answer, you do.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by kpompey: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2018
Write anonymous letter to HQ ,send with FedEx and hide ur identity, but make sure u keep a copy as reference cos you will be invited during investigation and that will vindicate you
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by agarawu23(m): 7:38am On Mar 05, 2018
Otunbasayo1:
It shows it is high time you started searching for another job.
where the job they? If it's you, will u quit the job?
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by agarawu23(m): 7:45am On Mar 05, 2018
Op, majority of people giving you advice here won't quit the job o, this is Nigeria and corruption is everywhere. They have been doing it before you get there and they will continue doing it after you leave there.

The best thing is to keep records and write down the names of people that brought the receipt to you. As someone advised, u can query one of them while your phone is On record and keep the recording safe for future use.

Forget religion, this is your daily bread and God understands. In as much u aren't spending in the looted Money,u have nothing to be worried about cos if u try to be a born again and report or try something silly, they will all turn the table against u cos they are your superiors and I am sure they have links in the HQ where the receipt are being approved too.

Be wise, no job out there, forget miracle.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Hardey10(m): 8:13am On Mar 05, 2018
adusco:
report to the HQ directly if you smell threat
there's a chance who u are reporting to does the same thing cos that's common with federal jobs.. a supervisor of mine had to resign cos of the same thing
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by sweetgala(m): 8:26am On Mar 05, 2018
ggoldmine:
That means without your signature, there won't be any approval. Go through your job description again, there might be a statement that ensures you verify the receipt of goods before signing, remind them of that. Let them know your kind of person from the start. If you continue to sign every receipt, a time shall come when it becomes a norm such that whene'er you refuse to sign, malice sets in and they might plot against you.

You need to mention it to the individual who request for a signature the next time. You may also want to notify the head office or someone trusted who can defend you when the issue becomes perilous in the future
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by CeeManCollins(m): 8:27am On Mar 05, 2018
Be smart so you and your generation don’t die of poverty, and you must definitely regret your actions later in life am sure u know Osibanjo is a pastor but today he lies and sings a different song, signs things ordinarily he shouldn’t sign despite knowing that his faith is against it. Two years ago I could not save up # 10000 in my account for even one whole week but since mid 2016 when I started signing such documents you r complaining about same yr I am able to save millions in days. Don’t be such a fool even your God won’t forgive you cos it’s said that Heaven help those that help themselves. Call me if you need help n advice. Disregard all these comments above
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by sweetgala(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

This happens all the time across the globe and the simple thing you can do to protect yourself is this.
Do your very best in terms of HARDWORK & SUPER ATTITUDE TO WORK - Do not gossip or tell anyone of this, if you are asked, It is not your business. You are only doing what you are told. Now here is where you do the SMARTWORK. a good job is not easy to find in this Buhari/APC Era.

1: Have an excel sheet where you record SERIAL #, WHO, WHAT, DATE AND TIME
2: Snap, Copy or Scan the receipts and tag/rename it against the serial number
3: Download Dropbox and SAVE YOUR EVIDENCE - Never ask Dropbox to remember your password or keep you signed-in
4: Download a call-recorder app and load it on your phone set-to AUTO-record.. If you have all these crooks numbers saved on your phone, the call recorder will save all their calls with Date and Time.. make sure to timidly ask or send email once in a while that you noticed that some goods or services where not confirmed or verified and take anything they say without question.

The chances are INTERNAL AUDIT already know of what is happening and have their EYES ON YOU. Internal Audit can report directly to the Company Board not the Executive Management. You have your evidence in hand in the event they make you a scape-goat or Fall-guy. Present your evidence and tell them that you where threatened or were at the Risk of Death or Harm from your Senior Crooks.

If this Strategy does not SAVE you and you get FIRED.. take Sue your company and present your Evidence - Mobile Networks can corroborate your story with call records and SMS text.. YOU DON HAMMER - GALA MY G grin grin grin

OP this is the advice you need to follow
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by obiksam(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
Pls i need a candid advise on how to deal with this situation at my work place.
I got this job August Last year after waiting for years after my NYSC. There is something going on here which is strictly against my believe and practice.
Some senior staff will come with receipts for me to sign. Receipts on goods and services that has not even taken place so that they can forward it to the headquarter for approval. How do i tell them its against my believe cuz i always feel that guilt after signing .
I need advise on how to go about it without offending anyone and without affecting my job.
. Make a slight mistake on your signatory, inform headquarters behind them not to make payment. or officially write to headquarters about it or seek for redeployment to another department, when they ask for your reasons that will be a better opportunity to let the management no
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by BlueScholar(m): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I agree.

We have a saying in Yoruba, "Until he has control of the Matchette, one never asks what killed his Dad".

thank you, seems like the other commenters don't understand my point at all. they say if you can't change a situation with your hands, change it with your words and if you can't do that change it with your heart. funny enough all these people quoting me didn't provide OP with a better option.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by BlueScholar(m): 8:48am On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
God bless u...I dnt even get a kobo from it
you're welcome
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by BlueScholar(m): 8:50am On Mar 05, 2018
OneSentence:

I can't believe an adult will say this. so a man should support fraud and risk jail just cos of a job? once he's in jail he will still apply for other jobs abi?

Why don't you provide OP with a better option than mine since you're more often adult than me
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:04am On Mar 05, 2018
maxnedu11:
the least of your problem is getting sacked, this is how it goes:
1.you all get caught and worst, charged for fraud.
2.for survival sake accusations and diabolical means of getting out kicks in.
3. Newspaper/media publications with your pictures on it to further ruin your career.
it could be worst so revisit your job description and clearly voice out your discontent if it falls on deaf ears search for another job.

Exactly.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by achiever12: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2018
raystar96:
Are u naturally rude or am I missing something.. shut ur mouth too,if u don't have any reasonable comment.#Mr_perfect

You seem to have some emotional /psychological issues. There is nothing insulting or rude about that comment

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by coolviv: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2018
Blow whistle...
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by achiever12: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
Not my job

Receipts are meant to be signed from where u buy goods nah

So, why are you signing it when it isn't your job
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by oladele00(m): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2018
Hope you are getting your own share of the goodies? if yes, carry on and if no, look for a way to be looting yours.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by oladele00(m): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2018
Hope you are getting your own share of the goodies? if yes, carry on signing and if no, look for a way to be looting yours too
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by OhiOfIhima: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2018
raystar96:
Are u naturally rude or am I missing something.. shut ur mouth too,if u don't have any reasonable comment.#Mr_perfect
Habaa! why are fumed at this man.. What he said is not rude at all unless u have the problem of understanding... Moreover ur respd is kind of harsh n nagging... Pls Buhari is in Aso Rock, find a proper channel to deviate ur anger. Hum tongue

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Innobee99(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2018
CeeManCollins:
Be smart so you and your generation don’t die of poverty, and you must definitely regret your actions later in life am sure u know Osibanjo is a pastor but today he lies and sings a different song, signs things ordinarily he shouldn’t sign despite knowing that his faith is against it. Two years ago I could not save up # 10000 in my account for even one whole week but since mid 2016 when I started signing such documents you r complaining about same yr I am able to save millions in days. Don’t be such a fool even your God won’t forgive you cos it’s said that Heaven help those that help themselves. Call me if you need help n advice. Disregard all these comments above
The big sh!t aboit this is that am nit even getting a kobo from this
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by keetel(f): 10:05am On Mar 05, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Try recording events via audio/video if you can. you might be needing it one day. Trust no one.
supported especially as there are no jobs there's no guarantee you'll get a job once u resign. you can get a good lawyer to defend you if need be.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by BlueScholar(m): 10:22am On Mar 05, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

This happens all the time across the globe and the simple thing you can do to protect yourself is this.
Do your very best in terms of HARDWORK & SUPER ATTITUDE TO WORK - Do not gossip or tell anyone of this, if you are asked, It is not your business. You are only doing what you are told. Now here is where you do the SMARTWORK. a good job is not easy to find in this Buhari/APC Era.

1: Have an excel sheet where you record SERIAL #, WHO, WHAT, DATE AND TIME
2: Snap, Copy or Scan the receipts and tag/rename it against the serial number
3: Download Dropbox and SAVE YOUR EVIDENCE - Never ask Dropbox to remember your password or keep you signed-in
4: Download a call-recorder app and load it on your phone set-to AUTO-record.. If you have all these crooks numbers saved on your phone, the call recorder will save all their calls with Date and Time.. make sure to timidly ask or send email once in a while that you noticed that some goods or services where not confirmed or verified and take anything they say without question.

The chances are INTERNAL AUDIT already know of what is happening and have their EYES ON YOU. Internal Audit can report directly to the Company Board not the Executive Management. You have your evidence in hand in the event they make you a scape-goat or Fall-guy. Present your evidence and tell them that you where threatened or were at the Risk of Death or Harm from your Senior Crooks.

If this Strategy does not SAVE you and you get FIRED.. take Sue your company and present your Evidence - Mobile Networks can corroborate your story with call records and SMS text.. YOU DON HAMMER - GALA MY G grin grin grin

finally a better advice than mine, OP this is what you're looking for.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by 3moses: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
Bros, am talking about senior staff dat can sack and unsack here.....Am new here and scared of loosing my job.

Its better u got sacked now or get ur future geopadised for life... Hope u are being carried along with a good benefit... If not, u are in a messy scam where u will only suffer for what u didnt eat.
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by krak101(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2018
This is a tricky one bro. You have 2 options the way i see it. It's either you change your branch in the firm or you report to the headquarters. However if you must report to your headquarters then ensure you're reporting to a like minded senior official like yourself lest you find yourself meddling in the affairs of a "cabal". Be strong

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by kinharold(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
Pls i need a candid advise on how to deal with this situation at my work place.
I got this job August Last year after waiting for years after my NYSC. There is something going on here which is strictly against my believe and practice.
Some senior staff will come with receipts for me to sign. Receipts on goods and services that has not even taken place so that they can forward it to the headquarter for approval. How do i tell them its against my believe cuz i always feel that guilt after signing .
I need advise on how to go about it without offending anyone and without affecting my job.

Infact, let us even remove believe and religion from it. It is corruption and against work ethics anywhere. As an employee of any organisation, you are obligated to always work in the interest of the organisation. It is a duty and responsibility to stand against anything that is detriment to welfare and progress of the organisation.

Your duty and loyalty is to the organisation.

Now for you to be in position to sign before they can get (steal) the money means that you are important and a major stakeholder in the whole process. You are part of "Alibaba and the forty thieves"

Anyway, anyhow; reach out to the HQ and let them put in place a more accountable and "secure" procurement process.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by Aladeokin1(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
Look into their face and search for the one among them who is gentle and tell him/her that your faith is disturbing as you are singing the receipt, that he/she should advice you what to do
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by fuludu: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
Innobee99:
Advice keep on signing .
Re: How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? by MyCircle(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
Maybe not just guts to address an issue like this.. You'd need wisdom too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. / Women Repair Motorcycles In Niger State (pics) / PHOTOS: Public Worker Sweeping The Streets Backing Her Baby In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.