Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (291348 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

can't choose between the RKO, EOD and the phenomenal fore arm
Yh RKO is cool grin grin... I love f5 tho and pedigree too cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:06am On Jun 06, 2020
dumininu01:
Yh RKO is cool grin grin... I love f5 tho and pedigree too cheesy cheesy

F5 is also up there, I don't like the pedigree...Roman's spear is cool too...helluva kick, black mass etc are also good mentions
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 12:18am On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

F5 is also up there, I don't like the pedigree...Roman's spear is cool too...helluva kick, black mass etc are also good mentions
Yeah black mass is cool and Sheamus brogue kick too grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2020
dumininu01:
Yeah black mass is cool and Sheamus brogue kick too grin grin
Sheamus' brogue just feels like a glorified big boot to me grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

Sheamus' brogue just feels like a glorified big boot to me grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2020
Smackdown recap reviews and reactions

Things I hated
Y'all should please pardon me today, I'm not going to give a full package, I'm feeling a bit lazy but Smackdown wasn't really that great...

I hate the Miz in this role tbh angry
I hate the fact that they are running this angle( the police arrests) with Jeff Hardy too, even if he is cool with it and i hope it ends quickly..

Things I didn't quite understand
I don't understand why Corbin lost via DQ
I don't understand why Deville lost too...and to a distraction 2 weeks in a row..she is a heel FFS angry angry WWE be more creative
Or why AJ styles who has a title match at Backlash lost to Gulak( unless they want to make it a triple threat)

Things I loved
But I loved the ladies tag match..Bayley actually made me laugh out loud when she said to Cole "LOOK AT..ITS SOO HEAVY, I HAVE SOO MUCH GOLD ITS SOO HEAVY" grin grin I also thought Sasha would turn on her when Bayley tagged herself in and failed to capitalise on the hard work Sasha was putting in plus the look on Sasha's face..man she was really annoyed..but I get it, it's better to win the titles even if you are mad at your partner (that's sense) and that's the kind of things I appreciate, it will also make the inevitable turn more special and I love special

I also loved Daniel Bryan's promo...I don't think there is anything new to add here, the man is a legend in Pro-wrestling and can do whatever the fvck he wants with ease and it will still be awesome

Chad Gable is an amazing wrestler and athlete

I also loved Braun flipping that van(I missed that monstrous version)

More hate
I hope this hacker comes back and breaks up Miz and Morrison angry they are both being wasted in this role and I'm really concerned about the Miz fading into obscurity, it's also making the universal title feel like a joke and please stop making Braun cut soo many promos, bring back 2017 "I'm not finished with you" Braun

Another group wasting are Cesaro and Shinsuke, they just follow anybody now even Mojo undecided undecided I'm really ashamed for them..the tag team scene could use some fresh blood since the Usos can't compete, Miz and Morrison are a Joke(to me), I don't even know where Lucha house party are...why not turn Shinsuke and Cesaro to a temporary tag team and inject some energy into the division instead of wasting them like this?

100naira did you see your spine buster from Corbin?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2020

Bayley2belts

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:
Smackdown recap reviews and reactions

Things I hated
Y'all should please pardon me today, I'm not going to give a full package, I'm feeling a bit lazy but Smackdown wasn't really that great...

I hate the Miz in this role tbh angry
I hate the fact that they are running this angle( the police arrests) with Jeff Hardy too, even if he is cool with it and i hope it ends quickly..

Things I didn't quite understand
I don't understand why Corbin lost via DQ
I don't understand why Deville lost too...and to a distraction 2 weeks in a row..she is a heel FFS angry angry WWE be more creative
Or why AJ styles who has a title match at Backlash lost to Gulak( unless they want to make it a triple threat)

Things I loved
But I loved the ladies tag match..Bayley actually made me laugh out loud when she said to Cole "LOOK AT..ITS SOO HEAVY, I HAVE SOO MUCH GOLD ITS SOO HEAVY" grin grin I also thought Sasha would turn on her when Bayley tagged herself in and failed to capitalise on the hard work Sasha was putting in plus the look on Sasha's face..man she was really annoyed..but I get it, it's better to win the titles even if you are mad at your partner (that's sense) and that's the kind of things I appreciate, it will also make the inevitable turn more special and I love special

I also loved Daniel Bryan's promo...I don't think there is anything new to add here, the man is a legend in Pro-wrestling and can do whatever the fvck he wants with ease and it will still be awesome

Chad Gable is an amazing wrestler and athlete

I also loved Braun flipping that van(I missed that monstrous version)

More hate
I hope this hacker comes back and breaks up Miz and Morrison angry they are both being wasted in this role and I'm really concerned about the Miz fading into obscurity, it's also making the universal title feel like a joke and please stop making Braun cut soo many promos, bring back 2017 "I'm not finished with you" Braun

Another group wasting are Cesaro and Shinsuke, they just follow anybody now even Mojo undecided undecided I'm really ashamed for them..the tag team scene could use some fresh blood since the Usos can't compete, Miz and Morrison are a Joke(to me), I don't even know where Lucha house party are...why not turn Shinsuke and Cesaro to a temporary tag team and inject some energy into the division instead of wasting them like this?

100naira did you see your spine buster from Corbin?
I'm a bit surprised that bliss/cross lost the tag team titles to Sasha/Bayley considering that they were feuding with the Iconics

At the bolded, yes! Hopefully Raw will continue the spinbusters jamboree next week grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
100naira:
I'm a bit surprised that bliss/cross lost the tag team titles to Sasha/Bayley considering that they were feuding with the Iconics

At the bolded, yes! Hopefully Raw will continue the spinbusters jamboree next week grin grin

I was suprised too bro.. pleasantly tho smiley Bayley 2belts has a nice ring to it cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Why is wwe ruining cesaro and nakamura for f'cks sake!! angry angry angry

I can't remember the last time nakamura won any fight, same goes for Cesaro.

Also Robert Roode is in that bracket of ruination, sometimes I feel like curb stomping every single writer in smackdown. sad sad Last year was really great for smackdown but this year has been shiit!! Smackdown is currently 3rd on the ranks now imo behind NXT and Raw(which is killing it currently), maybe fourth if 205 live is a good watch(never watched it).
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
100naira:

Also Robert Roode is in that bracket of ruination, sometimes I feel like curb stomping every single writer in smackdown.
sad sad Last year was really great for smackdown but this year has been shiit!! Smackdown is currently 3rd on the ranks now imo behind NXT and Raw(which is killing it currently), maybe fourth if 205 live is a good watch(never watched it).

wwe not utilizing everybody in a bloated roaster (especially during a pandemic when some wrestlers are not available)
[img]https://media1./images/1e9dad60b2f79085c703d939ab0e1fa4/tenor.gif?itemid=12304506[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
Qu3sT:

wwe not utilizing everybody in a bloated roaster (especially during a pandemic when some wrestlers are not available)
[img]https://media1./images/1e9dad60b2f79085c703d939ab0e1fa4/tenor.gif?itemid=12304506[/img]

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
100naira:

Also Robert Roode is in that bracket of ruination, sometimes I feel like curb stomping every single writer in smackdown. sad sad Last year was really great for smackdown but this year has been shiit!! Smackdown is currently 3rd on the ranks now imo behind NXT and Raw(which is killing it currently), maybe fourth if 205 live is a good watch(never watched it).

The bolded is true sefI've not been watching 205 live..all the interesting guys are no longer there anymore cry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Qu3sT:

e de pain shaa, and I know some wrestlers benefitted from the lockdown(gulak, Deville, Lashley, even freaking Tamina and Dana Brooke) but they still de misuse other top wrestlers and this lock down was supposed to change that but de no see well these writers angry
See Roode wey beast for TNA and NXT come main roster turn teddy bear sad

Now I de fear for Riddle embarassed
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
pu7pl3:

The bolded is true sefI've not been watching 205 live..all the interesting guys are no longer there anymore cry
You de try, following smack down, raw, NXT, 205 live and at a certain time AEW.

Smack down, Raw and NXT is good enough for me.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
100naira:
You de try, following smack down, raw, NXT, 205 live and at a certain time AEW.

Smack down, Raw and NXT is good enough for me.

Right now it's just those 3 for me too..I just check up on AEW once in a while now, 205 live is forgotten territory for me now

I made sure to write "now" 3 times on purpose grin

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
I act like I'm okay but I really want to see Gulak Vs Gable cry

And maybe have Gable join their stable after it

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
100naira:
e de pain shaa, and I know some wrestlers benefitted from the lockdown(gulak, Deville, Lashley, even freaking Tamina and Dana Brooke) but they still de misuse other top wrestlers and this lock down was supposed to change that but de no see well these writers angry
See Roode wey beast for TNA and NXT come main roster turn teddy bear sad

Now I de fear for Riddle embarassed
yeah but riddle is a rare talent and that makes him special. It may take a while but he'll get where he's suppose to be
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
funniest sh1t ever

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Qu3sT:
funniest sh1t ever
i de tell you if they don't deliver eh, angry

Putting unnecessary pressure on themselves sad
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 7:03am On Jun 08, 2020
100naira:

they can take the pressure
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2020
Io Shirai finally did it cheesy cheesy soo happy for her
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 7:14am On Jun 08, 2020
Since PURPLE was banned unjustly by some immature mods for 7days, he asked me to do the NXT takeover (in your house) reviews recaps and reactions for him smiley..I hope I do a good job smiley...

A true TakeOver main event
You can’t technically steal the show from the main event. If you’re given that main event spot on the card, you’re expected to be the best. But the Women’s championship triple threat that main evented TakeOver: In Your House probably saved the show, not from being bad but from not feeling like a TakeOver.
The In Your House retro aspect helped with that some. It was different than what we see on TV every week and they played into it with Pettengill bits and an ICOPro advertisement that was quite amusing. But holding the show in the same building they hold all the TV, and using the same audience made this feel more like a themed Wednesday night than a TakeOver.
The matches would need to step up to a TakeOver quality and almost force the artificial crowd to feel like a real crowd. And while most of the matches were good (the worst not being filmed in front of this crowd), none of them went to that level that had me feeling, “Yeah, this is a TakeOver.” (Johnny Gargano vs. Keith Lee being the closest up to the main event.)
But the women in this title match brought it all and put on a fantastic match that made you feel like you were watching NXT’s staple event.
All three women brought their A game. The chemistry that Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley demonstrated at WrestleMania was not thrown off by the addition of Io Shirai. Instead. it was enhanced with one of the best workers out there.
It felt like the crowd was actually into this and not trying their best to sound like they were. They cheered for Io in a way that really made her feel like a fan favorite. I imagine a real crowd in Full Sail or any venue would have done the same thing. The performers gave the working audience a match they could get excited about it and because they were able to get excited about it, it felt bigger.
Io’s win really played as a “You Deserve It” moment. She really is one of the best wrestlers out there today and ever since her heel turn, it seems like NXT believed that too. Shirai has been extremely protected, I don’t believe ever being pinned or submitted as her current character. They finally paid that off here.
If you watch one match on this card, it’s definitely this one. It was a fantastic match where the right woman won. And it very likely saved this show from feeling less than a TakeOver.

Backlot
Adam Cole defeated Velveteen Dream in the backlot brawl.
The atmosphere of this match was fun. In fact, it was probably the biggest plus of the match. The cars surrounding the outdoor ring shining their headlights into the ring gave the competitors a playground to fight on... And it allowed the inevitable Dexter Lumis moment to involve him closing Bobby Fish and Roddy Strong in the trunk of a car.
But my opinion of all this is also rooted in the fact that I wasn’t interested in seeing this match in the first place. This match has lost all of its steam even before they eventually had their actual in-ring match, and definitely didn’t have any after Dream lost that bout. So this gave the rematch a different feel and different atmosphere that I could enjoy while not really caring about the feud itself.
They also learned from their last cinematic by keeping the announcers. The Tommaso Ciampa/Johnny Gargano match didn’t have them and it lost something. But at the same time, that was a different themed match with its focus on being isolated while this one focused on the spotlight. Not that they still don’t have lessons to learn. They had too many camera cuts that made things feel too disjointed at points.
The fact this match was in the middle of the show pretty much telegraphed the finish. Though smart money was on Cole retaining anyway given the progression of this story. Running it in the middle of the show and coming back to the Performance Center also disjointed the show a bit.
In the end, I appreciated the different atmosphere for this rematch. But that’s because I didn’t really care about it coming in either way. I may have felt differently if this was a feud I was jazzed about.

Knocked Down Another Peg
Man, Tommaso Ciampa didn’t really seem to have a chance against Karrion Kross cry cry..
It wasn’t a straight squash. Ciampa had his flurries of offense. But the frightening Kross still choked Tommaso out under ten minutes.
That being said, this was probably the perfect way to go here. Tommaso Ciampa is going to be rattled for this loss no matter what. His string of losses since returning from his injury is going to be a prominent story. May as well drive that point home while presenting Kross as the killer his name once advertised.
Because that’s the biggest goal here - to portray Karrion Kross as an absolute force. They did that here.
Now I’m as interested in seeing what Kross does next as I am in seeing how Ciampa recovers from a rather one sided loss.

Limitless
Johnny Gargano and Keith Lee had classic storytelling - the big man versus the little man who had to find his advantages.
In this case, the advantages were the injuries to Lee’s eye and hand that Johnny himself inflicted on the champion last Wednesday. It gave him an answer for Keith’s size and allowed him to be the heel he happens to be so great at.
Gargano used his skill to find ways to attack the eye or hand (or sometimes both) and keep Lee down. But no one can keep Lee down forever. His strength is too dominant. When Johnny was unsuccessfully taking the champ down with three lariats, Lee knocked him out of his boots with one.
And of course, there was the big pounce that sent Johnny through the plexiglass. Who doesn’t love a good pounce spot?
In the end, Keith remained Limitless. Candice tried to interfere, but Mia Yim was right behind her. (These two fought into the back during their earlier tag match.) Johnny used his car keys to Lee’s eye again as the referee was distracted by the women, but even that wasn’t enough. Neither were four superkicks to the head.
The match was really enjoyable, though I wonder about defeating both Johnny and Candice (though she wasn’t around when her match was ending) in their first TakeOver as a villainous unit. It also feels that Keith needs to get rid of the North American title and move to the NXT title scene, but at this point, I don’t know who can beat him.

Hang With the best
Damian Priest had a lot riding on this match with Finn Bálor.
His success wasn’t dependent on him winning he match. That was likely never going to happen. But he needed to look like he belonged. And for the most part, he did.
This was a long match where Priest held his own against Finn much of the time. His size advantage surely helped with that, but it was more than that. It had to be. At the latter stages of the match, when things really kicked into high gear, he didn’t seem like he was overmatched. Instead, it looked like he was talented enough to keep pace with a top guy like Bálor.
That’s the benefit of Priest facing someone higher on the card than him. He can actually prove he’s good enough to be booked in matches like these.
Now I still think we need a little more character work to get him to click, but this match helped prove that he has what it takes to stand in the ring with the best NXT has to offer. Let’s see if he can capitalize on this performance alongside the Prince.

Six Woman
The good gals beat the bad gals in an opening 6-woman tag. It was fun enough, but there’s only so much they can do with a 6-woman tag. Normally we’d be talking about this as a match to warm up the crowd, but given the crowd is artificial, that’s not as necessary. It would have likely done the job if there were one present though. And even though a 6-woman is always going to feel a bit like a television match, it’s good to get all these talented women represented on an NXT TakeOver.

This was never going to feel like a true TakeOver. The raucous live crowd is too much of the TakeOver lifeblood. But this was still an enjoyable show with none of the matches taking place inside the PC being bad. The backlot brawl had its issues with presentation, specifically the cuts they used during the match, but that didn’t ruin a match that had very high anticipation.

The main event is must-see. The North American title match is worth some time. The rest was fun but rather inessential.

Grade: B-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
Bow down
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Corbin:
Bow down

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2020

finally

Gargano had the worst match of the show, imagine saying that.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Imagine it would have been Bianca Belair if they allowed her to remain in NXT instead of wasting in Raw.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2020
Continuing the trend for PURPLE like he told me to smiley...

WWE Raw results, recap and reactions

MVP hosted the VIP lounge and talked about his guest, who was supposed to be Bobby Lashley, but Drew McIntyre came out instead. McIntyre said he was worried they weren’t friends anymore, but after that intro he’s glad they’re back on the same page. This guy grin grin..
He said Lashley and Lana were arguing backstage, and he knows how the full nelson feels, but MVP knows how the Claymore feels. Drew called MVP Lashley’s Yoda (huge pop) and yet, he never won any world titles. Drew said he’ll give a countdown and can either take the Claymore like a man or run away.
Lashley popped up but Drew was smart enough to know it was coming. He headbutt MVP and begged Lashley to come after him, but the Viking Raiders came out for their match with Lashley and MVP. We’ll be talking about that later.
My goodness, in another WWE world I would absolutely love for Drew to be in a war with MVP. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of their segments together. Don’t get me wrong now - MVP is doing wonders for Lashley. I’m more interested in him than I have been since he came back to WWE. And his role in this has been done very well, too.
But Drew and MVP have great chemistry together on the mic. MVP is fully dedicated to not only just putting Lashley over, but committed to Drew as well.
Drew, he’s on another level as a babyface champion. This is Drew in his best form. Now, Lana was mentioned but never showed up ringside. I don’t think that’s the same story at Backlash.

Rey Mysterio’s last chance
Poor Rey Mysterio. He was given the short end of the stick promo-wise for this segment.
Seth Rollins came out and kicked Byron Saxton off commentary so he could be present for the interview with Rey Mysterio.
Rey will be giving that son of a bitch Seth the 619 in the beginning of the match! Uh… okay. Thanks for letting him know. His doctor hasn’t cleared him yet but his eye is healing. Rollins got big mad at Rey and said he is spreading misinformation, and calmed down and said he’ll give Rey one more chance to walk away. Rey of course, didn’t take it. Suddenly surprise ALeister Black and immediately a commercial break follows. Who in their right mind goes to commercial there? There’s only so much I can say about WWE production before this just becomes a full fledged attack on Kevin Dunn. I’ll refrain this time.
Back from commercial, Humberto Carrillo came out and we had a tag match. Carrillo and Theory were really great together. A nice springboard crossbody by Carrillo followed by a great dropkick by Theory. Aleister and Murphy tagged in and Aleister with a knee strike and won.
REy Mysterio’s music hit and Seth came out in Rey’s mask. Theory and Murphy took out Carrillo and Aleister and Seth curb stomped him. I don’t know what they’re doing with Carrillo but it shouldn’t be constant losses and beat downs. I would have liked to see Seth vs. Rey at Backlash, but that won’t be happening so I guess there won’t be anything for Seth which is sad. Maybe they’ll throw in a surprise Seth vs. Aleister match?

THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH
Christian gave Edge some serious tough love and told Edge that the (name of the match) are high expectations and if Edge thinks he can live up to that, he’s lying to himself. Edge told him to imagine what he’s going through, not having wrestled a regular match for 9 years, while Randy was in WWE the whole time , so he is certainly allowed to have self doubt. He doesn’t know how many cylinders he has under the hood.
Christian brought up Edge’s mom and said that she’ll be there like she always has been, and if the real Edge doesn’t show up he should go home. Randy appeared on the tron and thinks it’s pathetic that Edge says he’ll try. He’ll embarrass and humiliate him, and put the redemption story to bed.
I really liked Christian’s role here. Getting Edge to perk up and get emotional, and have him visibly angry thinking about getting in his own headspace and psyching himself up. Randy was Randy and killed it as usual, no surprise there. Will this be the greatest wrestling match? I doubt it, but they’ll give it the ol’ college try. I love Edge and I love Randy so I’m hoping for a surprisingly great match like Brock vs. Goldberg at WrestleMania.

Charlotte Flair and Asuka def. IIconics and Sasha Banks and Bayley - Total chaos for all of this as it was supposed to be Charlotte and Asuka but the new Women’s tag champs, Sasha Banks and Bayley Dos Straps, interrupted. Then Charlotte interrupted them, then IIconics interrupted her, and all of a sudden we got a triple threat tag team match. Not to be lost in any of that though, the most important information was that Sasha and Bayley Dos Straps will be defending their titles at Backlash against both IIconics and Bliss Cross Applesauce.
In the actual match, Charlotte sucked up the spotlight as she didn’t want to tag Asuka in. Once Asuka tagged herself in, she took control in only her way, by being the loveable Asuka she’s been since we started these PC shows. I did not like that IIconics were the ones taking the loss here. They’re in a title match on Sunday but they had to have a clean loss without Bliss Cross interference?

Charlotte Flair def. Asuka - Mid way through the show, Charlotte was being interviewed and and Asuka rolled up dancing. I love her. Charlotte asked her if she takes anything seriously, and Asuka simply slapped her and said “Yes.”
Sasha and Bayley Dos Straps were out on commentary for this and were wonderful. Charlotte and Asuka wrestled like they didn’t have a match early on. Halfway through, IIconics blindsided Sasha and Bayley and took them out. Charlotte really brought it to Asuka, with chokeholds and using the 5 count to her advantage. She went for a backslide and kicked Asuka with force. At one point, they were on the apron on the outside and the ref was at a 7 count and just… stopped counting. Charlotte went for a spear but Asuka countered with a knee and I thought it would be over, but Charlotte was able to get a spear and Asuka kept fighting.
So Asuka lost and that’s very frustrating. There was no reason for that. That made Asuka weak af going into a title match at Backlash. Why? Charlotte is running rampant over WWE TV as of late and while I’m generally okay with it, having her coming off a title loss pinning another title holder, as that title holder is set to defend on Sunday, is a big no bueno from me. It was by interference, yeah, but who cares? Charlotte didn’t need this win.

Andrade def. Kevin Owens and Angel Garza - This time, Owens flipped it on Zelina’s crew and attacked them on their way to the ring. Garza and Andrade made it more of a two on one for the first half, but then Andrade got greedy and Garza wasn’t happy about it. They started brawling and then Zelina tried to stop them and got taken out. No love between them after that. They traded chops and elbows and Owens dove over the top rope to take advantage. Andrade took advantage off a stunner and pinned Garza.
Well I figured that there would be dissension, but I didn’t expect an all out brawl between Garza and Andrade. In fact I thought that’d lead to Owens winning. So that now makes me think Garza interferes without the ref seeing and robs Andrade of another title reign, and so the feud begins.

Lashley and MVP def. Viking Raiders - There was a bunch of stuff going on, with the Street Profits and Drew McIntyre at ringside. I have no clue what the Profits were doing there. Maybe reminding people they’re the tag champs and involved in silly crap like what I’m talking about below. MVP and Lashley are a nice team together, and depending on what happens after Sunday, I wouldn’t have a problem with them going after the tag team titles.

Raw is Decathalon - Good grief. There were 10 events, 10 of course so that there couldn’t be a decisive winner at the end, and the only one that I enjoyed was the dance off. The editing for the pole vault was amateur level. Maybe NOW we get a… MATCH to decide who the better team is?
So like, is Ivar Raw’s version of Otis?

Robot Kurt Angle picks Edge - Someone recently went to the Robin Gronk school of reading teleprompters.

This was the Backlash go home for Raw, and it was a mixed bag. It felt long tonight. Overexposure of Charlotte didn’t help. Her booking also didn’t help. Asuka should NOT have been losing right before her title match. I’m tired of the Street Profits and the Viking Raiders dragging this crap out for a month, with seemingly no end in sight, unless MVP and Lashley somehow get title shots from them winning against the Viking Raiders tonight. I’d actually like that a lot.
IIconics got pinned, and then took out the Women’s tag champs with no fanfare. I just… don’t get it. IIconics and Asuka were not booked well. I hate that Cedric and Ricochet had to lose to Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink and be off TV for a whole month. I’m looking forward to Drew vs. Lashley at Backlash the most.

What are your predictions for Backlash?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by mixter(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2020
100naira:

grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
where is everyone??
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nekr0N:
where is everyone??
wetin u won carry us do?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2020
Qu3sT:

wetin u won carry us do?

Why are y'all ghosting nau

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.