Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (291650 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by KingAzubuike(f): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
This Otis hands are fuckìng short Sha ... Oh yeah!
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2020
RAW recap, review and reactions

Seth Rollins started us off by saying that he will announce Rey Mysterio’s retirement, because he’s too humble to call himself a legend. Seth appreciates Rey was chosen to be sacrificed for the greater good.
He put over Rey’s career, calling him the greatest Luchador that ever lived. Even called him a first ballot hall of famer, and it would be his honor to induct him! It’s at this point Aleister Black had enough and ran out to attack Seth, and man who wouldn’t after that egregious statement?
Seth took lots of opportunities to make Aleister suffer for it. Multiple kicks and knees to the face, he tried for an enziguri but Aleister knew it was coming. Seth got Aleister on the floor and tried to distract the ref so his Disciples could put the hurting on him, but Humberto Carrillo came out to defend Aleister. Aleister got a beautiful bridged suplex to a close two count, same with Seth with a Falcon Arrow. But as the Disciples were taking care of Humberto, Aleister rolled him up.
The Disciples then attacked Aleister for the evil crime of… winning. They held his head up so he could watch Humberto get a courtesy curb stomp, and Aleister called him a coward. He ate his own curb stomp for that. What was particularly great about this was Seth believing that defeating Aleister was in the name of Rey Mysterio, and that he was tarnishing Rey for even thinking about fighting him. That’s great stuff, man.
Alesiter was phenomenal, because he’s defiant in the face of the Messiah. It fits perfectly with his character, too. He is going to defend a legend like Rey Mysterio to some punk who thinks he’s a God. Rey needs a hero, and Aleister will step up for him, while Seth will impose his wrath for stepping out of line. Humberto, Murphy, and Theory put the rest of the pieces together. Hm, let’s think here. Rollins, Murphy, and Theory are three men. Rey, Aleister, and Humberto are three men. Normally that would lead to a match. With what Rey said in his promo later, maybe not.

Damn you, Seth Rollins
Rey Mysterio said that his eye is still recovering and he doesn’t know the timetable on a return, or if he’ll be able to return to in ring action. Rey’s son Dominic sits down next to him and says that Seth is no messiah, and is barely a human being. Someone from the Mysterio family needs to take care of him.
But Rey interjected to calm him down. He said that as far as a statement goes, he’s not ready to make one yet. But he is directly telling Seth damn him for putting his family through the suffering he had to go through. He’s a man of forgiveness, but he’ll never forgive Seth. Dominic came back after his Dad left and said it’s an eye for an eye.
So, Dominic’s portion of this is interesting. It feels like maybe he’ll be involved, somewhat like how he was during the Brock feud. It‘s clear that Rey isn’t retiring, but having Aleister and Humberto be attacked the way they were tonight, going off of WWE history, would lead to a six man match. If Rey doesn’t do a surprise return to set it up for Backlash, what’s the reasoning for throwing Humberto out every week to be constantly attacked? Rey vs. Seth should be really fun when it happens, though.

Drew McIntyre def. MVP - This one wasn’t really about the match, but more about Lana inserting herself where she didn’t belong. She said that she’d go out for MVP because Bobby didn’t tell her she couldn’t. The distraction got Drew off to a hot start, but then MVP threw Drew into the hockey plexiglass. He thought that would do damage, but Drew kicked out at one. After a dive to the outside, Drew counted down and registered MVP into Claymore country. The show ended abruptly with Drew locked into a full nelson by Lashley.

Be Randy Orton - Randy’s been at home watching the WWE Network. Everyone seems to think Ric Flair is the greatest, but Orton saw Flair last week say he was the greatest to lace up a pair of boots. Two weeks ago, Edge said that Orton didn’t have passion and was complacent and did it for the paycheck. Edge was right. He said Edge can’t stand that he’s phoned it in for as long as he had and accomplished so much. Edge had to scratch and claw, while Randy just had to be Randy Orton.
Another one knocked out of the park. I loved that the history of Randy dragging his feet was brought up. This has been a common criticism over the years and Randy is soaking in it

Apollo Crews vs. Kevin Owens ends in no contest - Apollo chose Kevin Owens as his first title defense. Healthy competition between the two as Kevin being Kevin, just had to tell him that his first title reign will end up being a short one. Babyface vs. babyface is a lot of fun when both men are agile and friendly with each other. Kevin kicked Apollo near the groin and the ref had to get in between to make sure Apollo was okay. He seemed to be in pain but baited Kevin! That’s awesome stuff we’ve not seen from Apollo before. Apollo had a nice sense of urgency in this one. And then a (not so surprising) appearance by Andrade and Angel Garza end it.

Apollo Crews and Kevin Owens def. Andrade and Angel Garza - TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA PLAYA! Garza and Andrade targeted Owens’ semi injured knee from last week. They kept him away from Apollo for most of the match, and then Garza snuck around and attacked the bad knee again as he was on the apron. It was to be a distraction for Andrade to take advantage, but Apollo pinned Andrade instead.
Kevin and Apollo are a fun pairing. Neither of them needed to be pinned right now, so I didn’t mind the interference here. I think that this loss is going to start a rift between Andrade and Garza.

Charlotte Flair def. Asuka via count out - I had missed the promo Charlotte cut before the match....
Charlotte hit a nasty boston crab as she was bleeding from her mouth, which looked awesome. But Asuka’s music hit after she was sent to the floor by the ramp. Nia Jax came out with a mask and full Asuka face paint and clotheslined Asuka. I liked this a lot. That stuff I want more of. We don’t need Nia talking. Charlotte kind of just faded away after the bell rang. She will now be classified as obsolete cheesy cheesy..

Billie Kay def. Nikki Cross - This started in the back with a shouting match between all four women. When we returned from break, Billie and Nikki were going at it in the ring. Billie became more agitated as the ref kept only counting to two. Nikki has great babyface fire. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough. A non title win on a champion usually leads to something doesn’t it?

Nia speaks - Nia Jax said words, and to be honest I had forgotten why I don’t really like it when she says words. I was reminded tonight. Her delivery sucks. She reminds me more of a spoiled brat than a legitimate wrestler. Now, when she is in the ring, say what you want about her being a botch machine, I don’t necessarily agree with that. I don’t dislike her matches. I just wish that it wasn’t all about her being a bigger woman. Let her shine as a monster who doesn’t talk. Not everyone needs to!

Nia Jax def. Kairi Sane - Now to continue what I dislike, the usage of Kairi Sane! We’ve seen this a lot already. The best thing was a tornado DDT spot. Kairi is a fun wrestler. During taping of this match, it was reported that Kairi suffered an injury and was bleeding, so they had to stop and tend to her. People immediately said it was Nia’s fault because of her history. Well, that didn’t look like anything done maliciously in my opinion.
Now if they cut that footage completely and just re-shot the stair spot so that it looked better, fine. They probably should have done that anyway. Yes, she has faults. She has a history of injuring and botching moves. In this case, I can’t really blame her unless there’s evidence otherwise. If there is, we’ll never see it. Let’s just let this be the last time these two are in the ring together! Seriously, it’s been way too many matches in a short period of time.

R-Truth is the 24/7 champion - R-Truth surprised Rob Gronkowski at his home as he was doing a tik tok video. Some random dude had a ref shirt and counted to three for Truth. I knew that anyone could be 24/7 champion, but I didn’t know anyone could also be the referee!

Raw is bowling - Forget it Dawkins, you’re out of your element. There are apparently turkey legs anywhere if you really look hard for them. Dawkins and Tez sucked until a creepy looking guy behind the counter brought the smoke. It came down to one last move for the Viking Raiders, and Erik threw Ivar down the alley and he released the ball and got a strike to win.
These are… sometimes entertaining but let’s not forget that one of these teams are the tag champs. Can we get… a title defense once in a while? Champions are supposed to do that, right? (Unless you’re Brock Lesnar.) AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A S*** ABOUT THE RULES?

What I’m liking the most about Raw right now is that Drew and Seth have easily transitioned into new feuds that feel right. Drew and Bobby fit well together, with MVP cutting stellar promos and Lana is definitely going to be the one that ruins it for them. I can see that one coming from a mile away. Other than that, we have Apollo and Kevin Owens interchanging with Andrade and Garza. I don’t know if that will lead somewhere or if we get dissension from Zelina’s crew immediately starting next week. None of that really matters though because I just need to hear Garza cut promos for the rest of my life.
Tag champs are being wasted. So are Viking Raiders, to be honest. The skits have got to end. My bet is that the women’s tag champs will be defending at Backlash against IIconics. Also, loving Joe on commentary. He brings such validity to this and I actually enjoy hearing commentary with him on. I’ll miss it if he’s ever back in the ring. The show was pretty good tonight, I thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
pu7pl3:
RAW recap, review and reactions

Seth Rollins started us off by saying that he will announce Rey Mysterio’s retirement, because he’s too humble to call himself a legend. Seth appreciates Rey was chosen to be sacrificed for the greater good.
He put over Rey’s career, calling him the greatest Luchador that ever lived. Even called him a first ballot hall of famer, and it would be his honor to induct him! It’s at this point Aleister Black had enough and ran out to attack Seth, and man who wouldn’t after that egregious statement?
Seth took lots of opportunities to make Aleister suffer for it. Multiple kicks and knees to the face, he tried for an enziguri but Aleister knew it was coming. Seth got Aleister on the floor and tried to distract the ref so his Disciples could put the hurting on him, but Humberto Carrillo came out to defend Aleister. Aleister got a beautiful bridged suplex to a close two count, same with Seth with a Falcon Arrow. But as the Disciples were taking care of Humberto, Aleister rolled him up.
The Disciples then attacked Aleister for the evil crime of… winning. They held his head up so he could watch Humberto get a courtesy curb stomp, and Aleister called him a coward. He ate his own curb stomp for that. What was particularly great about this was Seth believing that defeating Aleister was in the name of Rey Mysterio, and that he was tarnishing Rey for even thinking about fighting him. That’s great stuff, man.
Alesiter was phenomenal, because he’s defiant in the face of the Messiah. It fits perfectly with his character, too. He is going to defend a legend like Rey Mysterio to some punk who thinks he’s a God. Rey needs a hero, and Aleister will step up for him, while Seth will impose his wrath for stepping out of line. Humberto, Murphy, and Theory put the rest of the pieces together. Hm, let’s think here. Rollins, Murphy, and Theory are three men. Rey, Aleister, and Humberto are three men. Normally that would lead to a match. With what Rey said in his promo later, maybe not.

Damn you, Seth Rollins
Rey Mysterio said that his eye is still recovering and he doesn’t know the timetable on a return, or if he’ll be able to return to in ring action. Rey’s son Dominic sits down next to him and says that Seth is no messiah, and is barely a human being. Someone from the Mysterio family needs to take care of him.
But Rey interjected to calm him down. He said that as far as a statement goes, he’s not ready to make one yet. But he is directly telling Seth damn him for putting his family through the suffering he had to go through. He’s a man of forgiveness, but he’ll never forgive Seth. Dominic came back after his Dad left and said it’s an eye for an eye.
So, Dominic’s portion of this is interesting. It feels like maybe he’ll be involved, somewhat like how he was during the Brock feud. It‘s clear that Rey isn’t retiring, but having Aleister and Humberto be attacked the way they were tonight, going off of WWE history, would lead to a six man match. If Rey doesn’t do a surprise return to set it up for Backlash, what’s the reasoning for throwing Humberto out every week to be constantly attacked? Rey vs. Seth should be really fun when it happens, though.

Drew McIntyre def. MVP - This one wasn’t really about the match, but more about Lana inserting herself where she didn’t belong. She said that she’d go out for MVP because Bobby didn’t tell her she couldn’t. The distraction got Drew off to a hot start, but then MVP threw Drew into the hockey plexiglass. He thought that would do damage, but Drew kicked out at one. After a dive to the outside, Drew counted down and registered MVP into Claymore country. The show ended abruptly with Drew locked into a full nelson by Lashley.

Be Randy Orton - Randy’s been at home watching the WWE Network. Everyone seems to think Ric Flair is the greatest, but Orton saw Flair last week say he was the greatest to lace up a pair of boots. Two weeks ago, Edge said that Orton didn’t have passion and was complacent and did it for the paycheck. Edge was right. He said Edge can’t stand that he’s phoned it in for as long as he had and accomplished so much. Edge had to scratch and claw, while Randy just had to be Randy Orton.
Another one knocked out of the park. I loved that the history of Randy dragging his feet was brought up. This has been a common criticism over the years and Randy is soaking in it

Apollo Crews vs. Kevin Owens ends in no contest - Apollo chose Kevin Owens as his first title defense. Healthy competition between the two as Kevin being Kevin, just had to tell him that his first title reign will end up being a short one. Babyface vs. babyface is a lot of fun when both men are agile and friendly with each other. Kevin kicked Apollo near the groin and the ref had to get in between to make sure Apollo was okay. He seemed to be in pain but baited Kevin! That’s awesome stuff we’ve not seen from Apollo before. Apollo had a nice sense of urgency in this one. And then a (not so surprising) appearance by Andrade and Angel Garza end it.

Apollo Crews and Kevin Owens def. Andrade and Angel Garza - TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA PLAYA! Garza and Andrade targeted Owens’ semi injured knee from last week. They kept him away from Apollo for most of the match, and then Garza snuck around and attacked the bad knee again as he was on the apron. It was to be a distraction for Andrade to take advantage, but Apollo pinned Andrade instead.
Kevin and Apollo are a fun pairing. Neither of them needed to be pinned right now, so I didn’t mind the interference here. I think that this loss is going to start a rift between Andrade and Garza.

Charlotte Flair def. Asuka via count out - I had missed the promo Charlotte cut before the match, so I went to look at what was said in our live blog. Rev. Claire didn’t catch it either, but I’ll reiterate what her girlfriend said. Charlotte’s promo was “mostly about how cool she is” and that sounds very accurate. Was it, Cagesiders?
Charlotte hit a nasty boston crab as she was bleeding from her mouth, which looked awesome. But Asuka’s music hit after she was sent to the floor by the ramp. Nia Jax came out with a mask and full Asuka face paint and clotheslined Asuka. I liked this a lot. That stuff I want more of. We don’t need Nia talking. Charlotte kind of just faded away after the bell rang. She will now be classified as obsolete cheesy cheesy..

Billie Kay def. Nikki Cross - This started in the back with a shouting match between all four women. When we returned from break, Billie and Nikki were going at it in the ring. Billie became more agitated as the ref kept only counting to two. Nikki has great babyface fire. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough. A non title win on a champion usually leads to something doesn’t it?

Nia speaks - Nia Jax said words, and to be honest I had forgotten why I don’t really like it when she says words. I was reminded tonight. Her delivery sucks. She reminds me more of a spoiled brat than a legitimate wrestler. Now, when she is in the ring, say what you want about her being a botch machine, I don’t necessarily agree with that. I don’t dislike her matches. I just wish that it wasn’t all about her being a bigger woman. Let her shine as a monster who doesn’t talk. Not everyone needs to!

Nia Jax def. Kairi Sane - Now to continue what I dislike, the usage of Kairi Sane! We’ve seen this a lot already. The best thing was a tornado DDT spot. Kairi is a fun wrestler. During taping of this match, it was reported that Kairi suffered an injury and was bleeding, so they had to stop and tend to her. People immediately said it was Nia’s fault because of her history. Well, that didn’t look like anything done maliciously in my opinion.
Now if they cut that footage completely and just re-shot the stair spot so that it looked better, fine. They probably should have done that anyway. Yes, she has faults. She has a history of injuring and botching moves. In this case, I can’t really blame her unless there’s evidence otherwise. If there is, we’ll never see it. Let’s just let this be the last time these two are in the ring together! Seriously, it’s been way too many matches in a short period of time.

R-Truth is the 24/7 champion - R-Truth surprised Rob Gronkowski at his home as he was doing a tik tok video. Some random dude had a ref shirt and counted to three for Truth. I knew that anyone could be 24/7 champion, but I didn’t know anyone could also be the referee!

Raw is bowling - Forget it Dawkins, you’re out of your element. There are apparently turkey legs anywhere if you really look hard for them. Dawkins and Tez sucked until a creepy looking guy behind the counter brought the smoke. It came down to one last move for the Viking Raiders, and Erik threw Ivar down the alley and he released the ball and got a strike to win.
These are… sometimes entertaining but let’s not forget that one of these teams are the tag champs. Can we get… a title defense once in a while? Champions are supposed to do that, right? (Unless you’re Brock Lesnar.) AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A S*** ABOUT THE RULES?

What I’m liking the most about Raw right now is that Drew and Seth have easily transitioned into new feuds that feel right. Drew and Bobby fit well together, with MVP cutting stellar promos and Lana is definitely going to be the one that ruins it for them. I can see that one coming from a mile away. Other than that, we have Apollo and Kevin Owens interchanging with Andrade and Garza. I don’t know if that will lead somewhere or if we get dissension from Zelina’s crew immediately starting next week. None of that really matters though because I just need to hear Garza cut promos for the rest of my life.
Tag champs are being wasted. So are Viking Raiders, to be honest. The skits have got to end. My bet is that the women’s tag champs will be defending at Backlash against IIconics. Also, loving Joe on commentary. He brings such validity to this and I actually enjoy hearing commentary with him on. I’ll miss it if he’s ever back in the ring. The show was pretty good tonight, I thought
Those iconic ladies are really dangerous... And Kairi sane should stop fighting Nia Jax cheesy cheesy... I'm looking forward to Orton edge fight at backlash
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
dumininu01:
Those iconic ladies are really dangerous... And Kairi sane should stop fighting Nia Jax cheesy cheesy... I'm looking forward to Orton edge fight at backlash

Tbh if they are always going to make her lose to Nia they should stop fighting please angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
pu7pl3:

Tbh if they are always going to make her lose to Nia they should stop fighting please angry
Exactly cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
dumininu01:
Exactly cheesy cheesy

You decided to come out of ghost mode today
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
pu7pl3:

but..but...somebody has to make Nia look strong
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
pu7pl3:

You decided to come out of ghost mode today
Abi cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Qu3sT:

but..but...somebody has to make Nia look strong

They should use other women not every time Kairi please angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
dumininu01:
Abi cheesy cheesy

Welcome bro cheesy cool
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
pu7pl3:

They should use other women not every time Kairi please angry
then who?
ruby, liv, lana, natalya? we all know that nia beating either one of the above those nothing for any of them, so?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Qu3sT:

then who?
ruby, liv, lana, natalya? we all know that nia beating either one of the above those nothing for any of them, so?

Natalya, Ruby, even Alexa are all believable threats if they are built up properly..she doesn't have to keep facing just one person to look strong..that's how Drew started when he silently became a baby-face (facing different dudes and winning) till he got to the rumble and exploded
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:15am On Jun 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

Natalya, Ruby, even Alexa are all believable threats if they are built up properly..she doesn't have to keep facing just one person to look strong..that's how Drew started when he silently became a baby-face (facing different dudes and winning) till he got to the rumble and exploded
Nia is not drew and u cant expect what worked with drew to work with her. one of the few times that nia's character was done justice was when alexa was bullying her which made her sympathetic to the viewers but the turntables and she's the bully who is facing asuka, so it makes sense to target kairi since she's asuka partner........while this does very little for nia, it's building kairi up.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 12:45am On Jun 03, 2020
Chei they served Kairi to Nia again embarassed embarassed

The iconics and their tiny loud voices sha.

Looks like Prince Mysterio is ready

In other news....

No spinebuster on this Raw. sad
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Qu3sT:

Nia is not drew and u cant expect what worked with drew to work with her. one of the few times that nia's character was done justice was when alexa was bullying her which made her sympathetic to the viewers but the turntables and she's the bully who is facing asuka, so it makes sense to target kairi since she's asuka partner........while this does very little for nia, it's building kairi up.

I really really fail to see how it's building Kairi up

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2020
100naira:
Chei they served Kairi to Nia again embarassed embarassed

The iconics and their tiny loud voices sha.

Looks like Prince Mysterio is ready

In other news....

No spinebuster on this Raw. sad

Lmaooooooooo grin grin you want spine busters on every Raw?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

I really really fail to see how it's building Kairi up
give it time
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

Lmaooooooooo grin grin you want spine busters on every Raw?
grin grin yes
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
100naira:
grin grin yes

This is the first one I'm hearing this kind of request grin grin Pro-wrestling fans shaa grin grin

I also always want to see the End of days everytime but I almost never do grin grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

- A quick word on the crowd. I think at best, they were easy to ignore and at worst, they detracted. I don’t know what it specifically was, but it felt too forced at times. Like they were wrestlers trying to emulate what a crowd would sound like. No crowd of wrestlers will ever be able to fully replicate fans, but something about this sometimes seemed to detract more than enhance. NXT was doing well without a crowd and didn’t need it as much as Raw and SmackDown.

This was a solid show. The Drake Maverick finish left a bit to be desired, but the rest was fun and the main event was excellent.

The crowd was seriously annoying me. Even Crown Jewel crowd are better than them. Can NXT just go back to empty arenas, till the real fans can return to the seats.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kaycee7:
The crowd was seriously annoying me. Even Crown Jewel crowd are better than them. Can NXT just go back to empty arenas, till the real fans can return to the seats.

My thoughts too please
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 96forever: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
pu7pl3:

This is the first one I'm hearing this kind of request grin grin Pro-wrestling fans shaa grin grin

I also always want to see the End of days everytime but I almost never do grin grin grin
Thought I was the only one that felt this way.

Come to think of it, have any Wwe superstar kicked out of End of days... or the clamour kick.. saw that none had been able to kick out on YouTube but I don’t know if it’s correct.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
96forever:
Thought I was the only one that felt this way.

Come to think of it, have any Wwe superstar kicked out of End of days... or the clamour kick.. saw that none had been able to kick out on YouTube but I don’t know if it’s correct.

Roman reigns and Braun and maybe Seth Rollins I think, have kicked out of the Claymore but nobody has ever kicked out of the EOD, it's the most effective move yet
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2020

WWE NXT: RESULTS RECAP & REACTIONS

Drake Maverick lost his match against El Hijo del Fantasma but still earned himself an NXT contract. It was all very weird.
The match itself was good. It had the drama of Drake’s last chance, and the emotion that he brings forth every time. He worked his underdog style against Fantasma, but brought enough to the match that it didn’t seem too one sided.
It was at the end things started getting curious.
The masked men came down to the ring, presumably to attack Fantasma, which they’ve been just terribly incompetent in doing. But Drake saw them and hit both men with a suicide dive, fighting them off. When he slid into the ring, Fantasma was waiting with a superkick and his finish. 1-2-3. Career over.
The luchador kidnappers were bound to get involved. I’ve been suspicious that they have been working for El HIjo del Fantasma this entire time, and this would help prove that theory. Even though it looked like they were coming for him, he was the one who benefitted.

That all doesn’t really matter now because as Maverick was standing on the ramp, Triple H came out and offered him a contract.
The idea is that despite losing, Maverick proved he has the heart to earn himself an NXT contract. But that really undercuts everything else. Fighting for your career for weeks only to lose and get to re-sign anyway diminishes all the stakes prior. And it lessens the moment of the loss. Sign him again on TV eventually, but let this emotion play out first.
Plus, if we learn that Fantasma is a big bad, undoing his dastardly deed lessens that eventual impact. If that’s not the outcome, then it’ll be hard to ever take those masked guys seriously given how bad they are at what they do.
The Drake stuff reminded me of the time that Shane McMahon fought Undertaker at WrestleMania with the stipulation that if he won, he would run Raw but if he lost, he’d be fired. Then he lost but still got to run Raw anyway. What’s the point of stakes if they’re ignored?
The story was good and Drake raised his stock. But immediately re-signing him despite the outcome seemed to cheapen it all in my opinion.

Street Clothes
The opening match of the show was the Candice LeRae vs. Mia Yim match. But that ended in a double countout and transitioned to a Candice and Johnny Gargano vs. Mia & Keith Lee match, something you may have guess would have happened. But not before they served another story, with first Tegan Nox trying to stop LeRae from beating down Yim and then Dakota Kai, Raquel González, and Shotzi Blackheart all getting involved.
It’s always appreciated when they can service or represent multiple angles in a segment, reminding us that everything in interconnected.
This eventually led to the mixed tag it concluded as and that once again showcased how good Candice and especially Johnny are in this role. Gargano spent the time complaining that he wasn’t ready because he was in street clothes, jawing at Mia Yim, and being an overall douche.
Keith Lee didn’t officially get into the match, but that may have helped him look more like a boss. The desperation that Candice showed trying to keep Mia from tagging out so her husband wouldn’t have to face the North American champion put him over as a force to be reckoned with. And got the big strength spot when he pressed Gargano into the ring with Candice hanging off his back.
The end was very clever. The men were in the ring, but they weren’t legal. Keith tried to lift Johnny, but Gargano reached into his pocket and grabbed his car keys and poked Lee in the eye. After complaining so much about wearing his street clothes, it was that little thing that helped them. The referee was trying to get the women back in the ring so didn’t see that and Keith’s injury allowed Candice to roll up a distracted Mia for the win.
After the match, Johnny kicked the steel steps against the ring post, injuring Lee’s hand which was caught in between. This gives them an injury to play up on Sunday that Gargano can use to earn the advantage cool..

An Actual Rewarding Mystery Reveal
Breezango is back, baby!
In a very surprising return coming off a “mystery tease” sprung on not long before the match, Fandango & Tyler Breeze returned to the tag title scene. Dango’s UCL injury was slated to keep him out of time much longer, but he opted not to have surgery and try rehab instead, allowing him to return in just six months.
They earned a tag title match by defeating Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch and Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish in a triple threat match. These three teams are all greatly talented and had themselves a really fun match.
In the end, a creeping Dexter Lumis distracted Undisputed (to be fair he was behind the plexiglass which is totally fair grin grin...) and Breeze & Dango picked up the win.
After the match, Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner walked out to check out their upcoming competition. However, Malcolm Bivens brought Indus Sher to the party, allowing us to see that maybe NXT’s tag division isn’t as shallow as we had previously thought.
It’s doubtful that Breezango will defeat Imperium given the talented duo just won the titles. (And I’d prefer they continue to build up Lorcan & Burch for that role anyway.) But they’ll have a great match for sure.

Other Happenings:
- The two main singles titles matches at TakeOver were represented by Prime Target hype videos. The women’s package did a very good job selling why any of these women feasibly could win this match. I was already excited for the match and it added a little to that. The men’s one was fun as well, but didn’t do anything more to get me excited for a match that I’m not really excited for to begin with.

- Robert Stone is very good at what he does. After getting dropped by Chelsea Green last week, he walked out to watch Aliyah’s match against Santana Garrett completely disheveled. He was just hoping Aliyah could give him a reason to bring her on. But she’s just not good enough, which is her gimmick right now. She can’t get the job done. All she needs to do is give Robbie a reason to sign her and continually fails to do so. It’s a fun little dynamic.

- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Tony Nese to get some retribution for costing him in the cruiserweight tournament. Jack Gallagher tried to distracted Scott but it wasn’t enough. (Apparently Nese and Gallagher are allied now.) This should lead to Swerve vs. Jack, which was the match that Swerve lost due to Nese in the Cruiserweight tournament.

- Cameron Grimes picked up a win over the larger Bronson Reed with the Cave In. That shouldn’t be surprising. They’re clearly very high on Grimes. After his L, Reed took a Doomsday Saito from Karrion Kross, who wanted to send one last message to Tommaso Ciampa(whom I have once again greatly missed cry)

This was a pretty good episode. The main event was good, but the immediate signing of Drake took away from the potential emotion. The show didn’t add anything big to the pay-per-view stories, but served as a good reminder what it has in store.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Jesus Fandango is still a wwe wrestler? shocked

The makeup artists of Rhea Ripley and Charlotte flair deserve gold medals

Tag team division is heating up nicely.

In other news, two spinebusters in this week's NXT by Tyler breeze and Fantasma!! Wunderbar!! grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:42am On Jun 05, 2020
100naira:
Jesus Fandango is still a wwe wrestler? shocked

The makeup artists of Rhea Ripley and Charlotte flair deserve gold medals

Tag team division is heating up nicely.

In other news, two spinebusters in this week's NXT by Tyler breeze and Fantasma!! Wunderbar!! grin grin

We have to petition the WWE to bring back the OC cos we were guaranteed a spine buster galore whenever they were in the ring grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

We have to petition the WWE to bring back the OC cos we were guaranteed a spine buster galore whenever they were in the ring grin grin
damn straight!! grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Roman reigns and Braun and maybe Seth Rollins I think, have kicked out of the Claymore but nobody has ever kicked out of the EOD, it's the most effective move yet
That EOD na die cheesy cheesy.. No one has kicked out yet... Rough Ryder and cesaro neutralizer sef na die o cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
dumininu01:
That EOD na die cheesy cheesy.. No one has kicked out yet... Rough Ryder and cesaro neutralizer sef na die o cheesy cheesy

It's true sef, it's been long since I've seen Cesaro pull out the neutraliser

Guess he doesn't bother using it since he doesn't win often grin grin

Don't mind me

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

It's true sef, it's been long since I've seen Cesaro pull out the neutraliser

Guess he doesn't bother using it since he doesn't win often grin grin

Don't mind me
Yeah I remembered when he pulled it on great khali grin grin... Which finishing move is your favorite?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
dumininu01:
Yeah I remembered when he pulled it on great khali grin grin... Which finishing move is your favorite?

can't choose between the RKO, EOD and the phenomenal fore arm

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.