Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (291918 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
dumininu01:
was amazed edge kicked out RKO twice.. Nice match from both of them... And I wasn't surprised drew won...
And for strowman... Morisson should have won if not for miz grin

That's why I love the Miz cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
pu7pl3:

That's why I love the Miz cheesy
you like enemy of progress?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Qu3sT:

you like enemy of progress?

Yes tongue
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Backlash 7/10 for me

Only two matches stood out for me, Lashley v Drew and the main event.

Mehn I have never seen Drew being bullied like that ever, Bobby gave the best match of his 2nd run in wwe. This match really built Bobby Lashley up to be a genuine threat to Drew and possibly to hold the wwe belt at one point.

The main event, Jesus this guys wanted to kill themselves, spear after spear, RKO after RKO, Pedigree, Rock bottom you name it. At a point I genuinely thought Edge will win especially after the second RKO from his jump and he kicked out. Was it the greatest match of all time, no( Shawn Michaels v undertaker wrestlemania still takes the cake for me) but it is definitely up there with the best plus the no crowd didn't help but the match was worthy of being the main event of any big ppv.

Side note I like the fact that Hardy/Sheamus feud will continue and I'm tired of the Viking profits show, it's no longer entertaining.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:25am On Jun 16, 2020

WWE Raw results, recap and reactions

When Randy is on, he is ON.
Orton came out to gloat and call himself the best wrestler ever since he won the “Greatest Match Ever” at Backlash. It was a very good match, sure. He thanked Edge but wished he could be there in person to torture him.
Enter Christian!
He called Randy cold, calculating, and a son of a bitch. Edge doesn’t quit and he’ll be back. Orton said he’s jealous of his friend and that this isn’t about him. But he knows that he wants one more match. So accept an unsanctioned match against him tonight.
Throughout the night, Big Show and Ric Flair tried to talk Christian out of it but he decided to accept Orton’s challenge.
So Christian came out to fight Orton and Ric Flair came out to try and stop him again. Christian said he had to do this, and Ric walked away, but NOPE! Ric Flair low-blowed Christian as the bell rang and Orton sealed the deal with another Punt!
Woooow, man. He said the Legend Killer is back and Christian made him do it, then apologized and had the medics come in and help Christian. But he got back down and yelled at him that it was his fault and he didn’t want to do it.
Randy Orton was already doing some of his best work in this feud, but goodness gracious he got me even MORE invested in him after this. The dilemma going through Randy’s mind with Christian was amazing. I want more of this. Give me a Randy Orton promo every week, and maybe a Christian match at Extreme Rules on his way to Drew McIntyre at Summerslam. I can’t believe Randy Orton is one of WWE’s best heels right now.

You need to watch the closing angle of Raw. It’s masterful.

Tonight’s "quite" MVP - R-Truth
Bobby Lashley/MVP and Drew McIntyre/R-Truth was the second arching storyline of the night. And it had one major player who helped put it all together. R-Truth has great chemistry with all three of these men and let’s start at the beginning.
MVP called Drew a pretender for taking the distraction victory at Backlash. He disparaged Lana for getting in their business. Lana decided she had enough of it and came down to the ring. She said that it is MVP who drove a wedge between her and Lashley and that ever since he showed up, he is the reason for their troubles. Lashley told her that he wants a divorce. They both leave Lana in shock and MVP blew her a kiss from the stage.
Well the divorce had to be coming after last night’s debacle. By the way this is Lana’s second best iteration since her debut. She is absolutely perfect playing the delusional heel role.
Later, MVP and Lashley ran into R-Truth and he offered his “condolences” to Lashley. He laughed at calling the divorce a “raw” deal because that’s the name of the show! He then ran off. Lashley and MVP went to look for him and passed by a ring in the PC and R-Truth came out from underneath and screamed about ninjas being everywhere. This time Drew came to his aid to make sure Lashley and MVP didn’t harm him.
MVP again says that Drew should be putting his title on the line and R-Truth too. So R-Truth being a swell guy, agreed! Once he saw Drew was upset, he went to talk to officials to make it better. Drew didn’t have to worry because now, only HIS title would be on the line! grin grin grin.
In the match, Drew made sure to keep himself in the match, but Truth tagged himself in. Immediately he was pummeled and Drew had his hands covering his eyes half the time. The heels knew to work over Truth and stop him from tagging Drew. Didn’t work though, as Drew got back in and Claymored MVP. But he was nice enough to allow Truth to get the pin.
All of this was fantastic. Drew and R-Truth are a great pairing and I want more. I don’t know if this continues Drew and Lashley, but I am very curious to see if they do one more match at Extreme Rules.

Sneaky Dom - Seth Rollins said Rey is a hero, and he sacrificed himself for the greater good. He said Rey declined his invitation to Raw, but fortunately his son Dominik has taken it upon himself to come here on behalf of the family. Mysterio interrupted via satellite and said he didn’t know his son would be showing up. Seth said he wants to help Dominik and wants him to join him. Suddenly, Dominik appeared and attacked Seth from behind and escaped Seth and his Disciples.
I’m so incredibly happy that these segments have gotten better rather than worse. Dominik knows how to make an entrance, doesn’t he? That was perfect. When Seth started saying an eye for an eye I thought that Theory and Murphy were going to drag him out and do the same thing Seth did to Rey. Sneaky Dom slid in, attacked, slid out and didn’t get one hand on him.
Seth looks like he’s ready to raise hell and put a hurting on the Mysterio family. No Aleister Black or Humberto Carrillo this time, though. Hopefully that’s not a sign of Bruce Prichard things to come.

Kevin Owens def. Angel Garza - Continuing with the dissension, Andrade came out to join Zelina at ringside. There was never any doubt in my mind that Owens was winning this because, as much as Zelina may try to fix it, Andrade and Garza will probably never see eye to eye again. They’ve both interfered in each other’s matches and caused the other to lose. It’s a classic break up angle, and I feel like it’s time for them to part ways. Will it be amicably? Probably not, and I don’t think it should be. Garza might work out as a babyface for Raw and I’m willing to give that a try.

Bayley Dos Straps accepts the challenge - Sasha and Bayley come out to not just gloat from their win at Backlash, but it’s Bayley’s birthday! The IIconics came out to get their answer to the challenge made for next week. Sasha and Bayley said it doesn’t matter who you throw against them, because the end result is the same. Billie said that they won the titles from them at last year’s WrestleMania and remembered that they whined and cried about it back then, so someone could call the wahmbulance for them next time. Peyton slaps Sasha and Bayley gets big mad at them for ruining her night and accepts the challenge.
Great callback to the reports of Bayley and Sasha from last year. At least they didn’t have the IIconics lose tonight and THEN challenge. We’ll talk about their match soon. Bayley and Sasha are the greatest and I want them together like this forever, to be honest. We can milk this as long as possible.

Apollo Crews def. Shelton Benjamin - MVP approached Apollo before this match and told him that the only way he’ll keep the US title is if he’s with MVP. This was an intriguing moment, because to be honest, I wasn’t a fan of Apollo turning heel so soon into his title reign. However, with Prichard at the helm, I think it’ll be optimal for him. With MVP I think he’ll shine even more.
And guess what? Seeds have been planted! Apollo cheated! Grabbed that rope while the ref wasn’t looking. Granted, Shelton has JUST tried to cheat a moment prior, but still… babyfaces don’t cheat normally. And Apollo has never cheated. I’m very interested to see how this plays out.

Asuka def. Nia Jax - We got a rematch (which isn’t supposed to be a thing but whatevs) from last night. It was pretty much the same stuff, except this time Nia pushed the referee after Asuka’s foot was under the rope and as he was about to DQ her, Asuka rolled her up and he fast counted the win. I don’t know where we go now, but I don’t think Nia is done yet. Charlotte Flair will be waiting in the wings, most likely as she said tonight that she can do whatever she wants. undecided

Viking Profits def. Akira Tozawa and ninjas - Last night I said I didn’t know how I felt about all of this. Then we got to tonight, and now we add… *checks notes* Big Show. Big Show met Big Ninja and cleared house of the little ninjas. Having said all that my opinion on all of this is now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just… I just don’t know. I’ve never been stumped like this before. I’m going to let it sink in and hopefully have an opinion next week.

IIconics def. Liv Morgan and Natalya - I was happy to see Liv Morgan and then I knew exactly what was coming and immediately hated everything. Newsflash to WWE - you may not like being creative with 80% of your roster, and you may think that wins and losses don’t matter, but in two nights you took people on the rise and demoted one to the pre-show and then one to a loss in 3 minutes. What’s worse, IIconics are challenging Bayley and Sasha for next week, so Liv doesn’t even get a comeuppance from getting a win stolen from her.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the IIconics a lot. This wasn’t what they should have done though. Why did Liv Morgan have to be put in this spot? She went off to discover herself, and then she gets put in this when anyone else could have been there. Just stupid, man.

There were a few random things tonight, mainly involving the lower card that I don’t know how I feel about. Akira Tozawa is a great wrestler and shouldn’t be tasked with stuff like this. I genuinely have no idea how I feel about all the Viking Profit stuff. It’s diminished the tag division but is also… entertaining? I think? Randy Orton and R-Truth were great on this show. I give Orton the MVP of the night only because he’s an evil bastard cheesy cool.
Raw was not bad under Bruce Prichard’s first show. I’m hoping we keep the positive trend with Apollo Crews and maybe do that heel turn I talked about. Since Randy may be tied up for Extreme Rules, I won’t mind Drew getting Lashley one more time. My biggest issue was with booking decisions for LIv, believe it or not. That made me mad, but the rest of the show was pretty entertaining.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nedville: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
In case any of you is wondering, the big ninja guy who was with Akira tozawa on raw is a Nigerian

Jordan omogbehin is his name

He's over 7 feet... I'll like to see more of him in the coming days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nedville:
In case any of you is wondering, the big ninja guy who was with Akira tozawa on raw is a Nigerian

Jordan omogbehin is his name

He's over 7 feet... I'll like to see more of him in the coming days

thanks for this info cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
Raw was decent.

Is Christian attempting a comeback or what

Looks like Lana will be wrestling again with this "divorce"

I have to say that MVP is really elevating Raw, many have forgotten that he returned in the Royal Rumble because his return was overshadowed by Edge's return and Drew claymoring Lesnar and winning the rumble but he has become one of the stars of Raw. Imagine if he succeeds to get Crews to his side(which is a possibility considering that he looks like he's on the heel part) he may become Heyman 2.0

And Randy is definitely in his element right now.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
100naira:
Raw was decent.

Is Christian attempting a comeback or what

Looks like Lana will be wrestling again with this "divorce"

I have to say that MVP is really elevating Raw, many have forgotten that he returned in the Royal Rumble because his return was overshadowed by Edge's return and Drew claymoring Lesnar and winning the rumble but he has become one of the stars of Raw. Imagine if he succeeds to get Crews to his side(which is a possibility considering that he looks like he's on the heel part) he may become Heyman 2.0

And Randy is definitely in his element right now.
finally wrestling smart ≠ turning heel angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
Qu3sT:

finally wrestling smart ≠ turning heel angry

it's a slippery slope grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
pu7pl3:

it's a slippery slope grin
i know but lets wait until it happens (if it even will)
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2020

NXT review, recap & reactions
Stick Around
Bayley & Sasha Banks defended their titles successfully against Shotzi Blackheart & Tegan Nox. It was a fun match with a clever ending that had me saying “Oh, c’mon, they cheated at the end of the match.”
Blackheart had escaped the Banks Statement, turning it into a Cattle Mutilation. But Bayley came in the ring with a chair, distracting the referee. When the ref took care of the chair, Bayley didn’t just break up the submission, she positioned them so Sasha could immediately lock the Banks Statement back on to get the win. So it wasn’t a squeaky clean win and made Nox and Shotz look good in the process, but it was a very good heel win.
But it was the post match angle that really has me excited.
Io Shirai came to the ring and attacked both champions, letting them know NXT is hers now. She cleared the ring and stood tall with her NXT title. This could set up Io vs. Bayley, Io vs. Sasha, or Io & a partner vs. both. All matches that would be very good. (Io vs. Sasha is the one I’d want to see the most.)
They shouldn’t take up too much space in the NXT women’s division, but they could help elevate it with a few matches. Now they can’t beat everyone and leave. That doesn’t help much. We’ve talked about that with Charlotte (though I do think the Queen helped elevate Io Shirai). But a couple key matches will surely be enjoyable.
Given NXT is doing a very good job featuring a lot of women currently, Horsewomen involvement on the black & gold isn’t going to inhibit its growth compared to if they were just running the main event angles.

Showcasing the Tag Division
Breezango’s tag match against the champs Imperium was really more a showcase of the entire division.
At the end of the bout, Indus Sher tried to attack Tyler Breeze, but that brought out Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch. It directly led to a Breezango lost when Fandango got confused of who the legal man was in the fray.
But this was more a move meant to highlight the entire division than it was to serve as a major title match. No doubt Tyler Breeze & Fandango will continue to be in the championship picture. They’re too talented to be a one and done. And they’re too entertaining. That entrance was gold and their specific combination of comedy and talent is something that shouldn’t be denied as long as it has.
It’s possible they play the veterans who are used to build the rest of the division here, and a young team like Indus Sher could use that, but they definitely deserve a run with some gold at one point. That’s something that’s never happened in WWE/NXT. And it definitely should.

Big Matches
NXT set up some big matches in a typical “bunch of interruption” segment.
Keith Lee interrupted a speech by Adam Cole, followed by an interruption by Johnny Gargano, and then Finn Bálor. It is a typical pro wrestling trope, but the unique personalities of all four men made it entertaining enough.
They set up some major matches though. Keith Lee defends his North American title next week against Finn Bálor and Johnny Gargano. The winner of that match faces Adam Cole in a winner takes all match. It’s bound to be a fire match between Cole & Keith or Cole & Finn. (Johnny’s been great in this role, but he doesn’t fit facing Adam Cole in a high stakes championship match.)
This also keeps Karrion Kross lurking for a bit longer as it’s too soon to give him a major title program. He’ll get there eventually, and probably sooner than later. But he needs at least one more major program before getting there.

If You’re Gonna Spew, Spew in this Ring
Robert Stone has been wildly entertaining.
This week, he was drunk as hell in the crowd when Aliyah has come out. For some reason, she still wants to join his brand even though he’s proven to be a complete mess. But it was that mess this week that aided Aliyah, who picked up the win over Xia Li after Robbie puked into the ring.
You read that all correctly. My man blew chunks on the canvas.
Not only has Robbie been great, going all in on his complete meltdown, but Aliyah has been fun in this story as well. I’ve always been critical of Aliyah, especially the fact she never found a gimmick that worked. But this is working for her. Her desperation in this angle is funny, even carrying Stone to the ring, propping him up, and telling him to watch her match.
Now that Aliyah has her elusive win, what happens now? Can these two ultimate losers help each other out?

A Subtle Change
Damian Priest gutted out a win against Killian Dain, selling that back injury he picked up after the nasty ring step bump from TakeOver.
It looks like Priest is not the heel he used to be. The angle here is he proved himself against Bálor but was a bit humbled in defeat. This week, he sold against the big Dain until he was able to hit the Reckoning for the win. It was a fine match, but nothing that stuck with me.
What did stick was the reminder that Killian Dain is in NXT. Remember when he went back to NXT and everyone though it’d be great for him given his talent? Now he’s just being used as a big obstacle for the guy they want to push to overcome. That’s disappointing.

Other Happenings:
- Santos Escobar’s crew, known as El Legado del Fantasma, beat the hell out of Drake Maverick again this week. The big takeaway from this stable now: They look friggin’ smooth.

- Velveteen Dream has rejected Dexter Lumis’ overture to team together, which was presented by a drawing of the two of them holding the titles left for Dream. This goes one of two ways: Dream eventually relents and they become NXT’s newest odd couple team, or one of them flips on the other and this becomes a feud. Personally, I’d prefer the later.

- Roddy Strong is still dealing with his trauma from the Lumis attack, so Adam Cole and Bobby Fish took him to a therapist (who was Kyle O’Reilly). They decided Strong should confront his fear and get into the trunk of a car. In what was the funniest moment of the segment, they encourage Roddy to get in the trunk but he just runs down the street.

- Dakota Kai submits Kayden Carter. She had some help with Raquel González creating some distractions out of the ring, and laying out Kacy Catanzaro, who was supporting Carter ringside, in the process. After a rough start to Kai’s heel run, she’s been consistently picking up wins, as she should be.

- Bronson Reed literally squashed Leon Ruff before he called out Karrion Kross for next week. He’s going to get his ass kicked.

This was a pretty fun episode this week.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2020

WWE SmackDown reviews, recap and reactions
Run
Bray Wyatt told us that he missed us and in his time away, he learned how to master resurrecting the dead, how to knit, and he even infiltrated a reptilian stronghold.
And he learned Tik Tok dances. That’s… good to know.
Ramblin’ Rabbit popped up to remind us all of Braun tricking Bray at Money in the Bank, and then Braun himself interrupted to tell Bray that they’re done with each other. Bray acknowledged that they were done, but in resurrecting the dead, their story is just getting started.
The old tron video flickered of Bray Wyatt, Eater of Worlds, and Bray reappeared in his old attire. Braun looked startled.
Bray said that he created Braun, and it’s his duty to destroy him. Braun knows where to find him. Just follow the buzzards.
I wasn’t pleased that we were getting this continuation after Bray has been off TV for a month, and continuations of things I didn’t like appeared elsewhere tonight, but for this continuation, I’m digging it.
Follow the buzzards Bray was my favorite at that time, and I was firmly behind him, even as many saw the writing on the wall with his booking and jumped ship. I hoped every time he’d get hot, they’d keep him hot. Of course, they never did.
Now, you could say “But D, this seems a bit similar to what I’ve seen from another company on Wednesday nights.” I would As much as I dislike what they’ve done with Braun, I hope they lean into that trepidation he felt when Bray tried swaying him back into the family. I’m willing to give this a shot.

Ambush
Miz and Morrison made Mandy Rose think that she was just out there to have a regular interview segment, but their intentions were quickly made clear. They tried to make her feel bad for her treatment of Sonya, and Mandy got up to leave. Miz tried apologizing and brought out Sonya.
Sonya said she isn’t done. What has Mandy done as of late to warrant an appearance on Miz TV? What did Mandy do with any opportunity handed to her?
Mandy told Sonya that her fighter persona is her hiding the fact that she’s alone. How long will Sonya hold onto resentment? Sonya fired back and said she isn’t mad anymore and that she sees Mandy for what she truly is. They brawled and Sonya got away, leaving Miz to separate them, and Mandy slapped him in the face.
This was goooood stuff. I just want to quickly mention that before bringing Mandy out, Miz and Morrison addressed Backlash and both felt that the rules of their match being changed, plus Otis swinging a briefcase in front of their faces, made them lose their footing and Miz expressed regret for pulling Morrison off of Braun.
So, it seems WWE either forgot, or they want us to forget that a week or two ago Mandy distracted Sonya mid match. So it seemed like Mandy wasn’t done with Sonya, but now all of a sudden she is? Aside from that, Sonya delivered once again and looked damn good doing it. I don’t expect to see anything else from Miz and Morrison here, but Dolph did reportedly get drafted to Raw so maybe that means Sonya and Mandy get one more go at it by themselves?
Either way, I am ready for it. I absolutely love Sonya getting any chance to shine.

Matt Riddle def. AJ Styles - (Quick note before getting to the review portion: If you were not aware, allegations have come out in the wrestling world of some truly shocking and reprehensible behavior from wrestlers all around the world. Matt Riddle was one of them. I’m a big fan of Riddle’s work in professional wrestling, but If it's true, i do not stand for the disgusting acts he is alleged to have committed and once all is said and done, he may not even be in the company anymore. I do not stand with any person who commits heinous acts of abuse.)
Before the match, Styles had Bryan put the title around his waist and congratulate him. Bryan said that he’ll be a great champion if he defends the title every week. Enter Matt Riddle. He said he hears that Styles is the Face That Runs the Place and said he is the Bro That’s Gonna Run the Show. Not a bad catch phrase there. Of course all of this may end up being for nothing, but we’ll see what happens.
They actually had a really good match. Riddle showing off his skills with two Karelin lifts and a fisherman’s suplex. AJ got into it with Bryan and Riddle had a little spot with Corbin at the announce table. Riddle won it with a flipping pile-driver (the brostroyer). The match was great, Bryan and AJ were really good but the allegations didn't really let me get into it...and it looks like Gulak will be getting a shot at AJ next week for the title..I definitely know that match would rock

Sasha Banks def. Nikki Cross - Bayley did it again. Nikki blindsided Sasha and Bayley ringside and when Alexa came out to separate them, Nikki demanded a match with Sasha, which Sasha refused. But Bayley being the great friend she is, accepted for her!
Nikki really brought it in this match. No wasted motion, and at one point she kept banging her head on the turnbuckle. Well, she’s different! She also gave Sasha some nasty looking elbows. Nikki looked great tonight, even in defeat. Sasha won with a meteora. Bayley keeps stoking those flames! Sasha was definitely not into it, and looked a little peeved after her win. The look at the Women’s title though! *chef’s kiss*

Chad Gable def. Mojo Rawley - Before the match, Gable was being interviewed and said he has eyes in the back of his head and attacked Mojo before Mojo could attack him. Then Gable walked up the steps and Mojo just stared at him angrily screaming. Did Mojo look like an idiot or what? Gable hit him and he just stood there like a goof. So dumb.
Inside cradle. Gable wins. Whatever. The short shit is terrible and has to stop.

Sheamus and Jeff Hardy continues… - The other angle I mentioned above having a continuation is this one, where Sheamus says he’s going to toast to Jeff Hardy next week. My god, can we cut the crap please? This feud will continue to suck. No mention of the crime that was caught on camera a few weeks back. You know, Jeff being framed for driving drunk and hit and run? I guess we’re just dropping that. Thanks Bruce!

New Day def. Lucha House Party - Hey Lucha House Party! Remember them? WWE finally did this week and they had themselves quite a little barn burner with New Day. Kofi works great with these luchadors, but man is Big E in the zone with high flyers. He’s as agile as the rest of them and it makes for quality entertainment. Dorado hit an awesome springboard stunner, and New Day did the Midnight Hour to win.
After, Cesaro and Shinsuke attacked New Day. Cesaro hit a Neuralizer on Big E and went to Michael Cole and said that he’s tired of the two of them not getting their title shot. (Me too buddy!) Everyone getting up in Cole’s face with their problems is just great. Love it! The sad thing is that if what happened with Jaxson Ryker didn’t happen, they probably would never get a title shot. So I’m betting they’ll be featured at Extreme Rules next month. Give us what we want, Bruce!

I’m not going to lie, it was hard to get into SmackDown tonight with all the recent news of sexual assaults and abhorrent behavior by wrestlers and managers in so many companies. SmackDown tried its best though, and delivered a mostly solid show. If Riddle continues on, I won’t be happy to see him with Corbin(Corbin should be booked better). Gable and Mojo is dumb and the fact that they’re still on Gable with the Shorty G nonsense is gross, man. Chad Gable is amazing and proven to be over in any situation he’s thrown into. I just still can’t believe in WWE kayfabe, Baron Corbin successfully changed a wrestler’s name and it stuck! Mind boggling. Also, enough with Sheamus and Jeff Hardy.
I don’t know if you’ve realized this, but WWE has booked three heels the exact same way – Sheamus, Baron Corbin, and Mojo Rawley. They can be described best as bullies who make stupid jokes and then get cartoonishly angry when someone attacks them. All three of these heels do this. This is some really lazy and stupid booking, WWE. Amazes me that Drew McIntyre looks like a million bucks, and they can’t get a lower card heel to feel different than a top tier talent like Corbin?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
"He's got the whole world in his hands".

Wyatt family Bray Wyatt is back.

If Strowman doesn't co-operate with Wyatt at extreme rules, he's gonna get The Fiend.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
Looks like Braun will continue to feud with Bray Wyatt and not the Fiend, good for him, at least give him a good run till maybe summerlam.

For some reason wwe did not book Deville/Rose for backlash and because of that, Deville is sounding like a record on repeat. By now their feud should have progressed further.

Riddle won against Styles, I just hope that they book him well in Smackdown going forward and perhaps an intercontinental title shot in the future.

I'm thinking wwe missed a potential feud in Miz and Morrison after what miz did at Backlash.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Riddle bumping in King Constable Corbin to set up their feud grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DkJay: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Who is this nigga posting long notes in italics?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
DkJay:
Who is this nigga posting long notes in italics?
respect your self sad angry angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Debroslink:
"He's got the whole world in his hands".

Wyatt family Bray Wyatt is back.

If Strowman doesn't co-operate with Wyatt at extreme rules, he's gonna get The Fiend.

Exactly cheesy cheesy..I'm hoping for the lack of co-operation
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
100naira:
Looks like Braun will continue to feud with Bray Wyatt and not the Fiend, good for him, at least give him a good run till maybe summerlam.

For some reason wwe did not book Deville/Rose for backlash and because of that, Deville is sounding like a record on repeat. By now their feud should have progressed further.

Riddle won against Styles, I just hope that they book him well in Smackdown going forward and perhaps an intercontinental title shot in the future.

I'm thinking wwe missed a potential feud in Miz and Morrison after what miz did at Backlash.

Bruh...I for one was happy they were going to feud so that they can stay apart and have Miz do his thing but instead they made up angry angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
cool
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
cool c
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Corbin:
cool c

we heard you the first time sir grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
pu7pl3:

haha grin
pu7pl3:

haha
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2020

WWE Raw reviews, recap and reactions
You think you know me
In a dark WWE Performance center ring, Edge cut a scathing promo on the so called “Greatest Wrestler Ever.”
He said Randy won but he didn’t live up to his claim that he is the better natural wrestler. He saw panic in Randy’s eyes, so of course he resorted to a low blow. Edge was upset that he didn’t see the low blow coming, and that he didn’t think to do it himself first. The second he punted Christian last week, he put the PG superstar to bed.
Now Edge is going to embarrass Randy. He’s going to be in his head, and he’s going to wish that Cowboy Bob shot blanks the night he was conceived! Heh. My God.
Edge will scream louder than the voices in his head. Randy has woken the Rated R Superstar.
Wow did Edge knock it out of the damn park. He and Orton have raised the bar for personal promos. This sinister looking Edge is the best Edge, and the whole feeling of that promo had me on every word. I cannot wait to see Edge beat the shit out of Orton.

Motivated
Ric Flair came out to introduce the greatest wrestler in the business and Orton thanked him and said that means a lot. He talks about the nostalgia of half of Evolution being in the ring, but nostalgia can be confused with legacy. It was nostalgic to see Ric be the dirtiest player in the game last week, for him to punt Christian, and for Edge to step in the ring for the very last time.
But his desire to be the Legend Killer is back. The voices in his head are all on the same page.
Big Show interrupted and said he wouldn’t let them glorify what Orton did to his friends, and he’s going to make him pay. He called Orton a parasite that feeds on anyone who he thinks can take him to the next level. He’s latched onto guys that make him better over and over, because he lacks the discipline and motivation to make himself better. And once he gets what he wants, he leaves the host to die.
Orton said he never thought kicking two of his friends in the head would piss Big Show off so much, and it’d be tragic for him to suffer the same fate. He’s focused and motivated and what happens next is on Show.
Focused and motivated Randy Orton is phenomenal. It’s truly incredible how much this feud has done for him. This time last year, I did not care about Orton at all. I thought he was boring and not worthy of my time. And now I want him facing Drew McIntyre for the WWE title. Big Show’s back and that’s fine as a placeholder feud for Orton until then.
Also, how absolutely irresponsible is it of WWE to have Ric Flair around right when they had a positive COVID-19 test? They could have had him live via satellite for this.

Sasha Dos Straps
I cannot even tell you how brilliant this segment after the Women’s tag team championship match was. Let’s get into that first because it was really fun.
Bayley left Sasha to be the one to start the match and she turned around into Billie’s big boot and I really thought it was over there. Billie and Peyton looked good tonight and Bayley’s blue gear is absolutely gorgeous. Banks got the Bank Statement on Peyton for the win. And then we got the best part.
After the match, Sasha told Bayley that she was feeling jealous every time she sees the SmackDown women’s title with Bayley. She’s happy for her best friend but at Extreme Rules, she’s challenging… ASUKA for the Raw women’s title. Asuka came out and accepted the challenge.
Wow did they pull a swerve on us. Really well done. Sasha and Bayley are the masters of pulling this off and it will only make the real turn that much better. I love Sasha as Asuka’s next challenger.

Rey defends his family
Seth stared into the camera and said sometimes we’re chosen for roles beyond our choices, like he and Rey have been. The difference is that he embraced his role for the greater good, but Mysterio has been defiant, and defiance breeds suffering. The saddest part of all of this is that he’s allowed his son to get involved in this situation.
Later on, Rey and Dominick came out and Rey said he’s pissed at Seth but he’s learned to accept what he did, and even though Dominick is bigger than him, he’s still his old man, and no matter how big or strong he gets, he’ll always be his child. Since Dominick fought for him, now it’s his turn to fight for Dominick. Seth came out and said he doesn’t know what to do, to go to the ring and slaughter a father in front of his son or make him watch as he sacrifices his boy. Theory and Murphy came up behind him, but Aleister Black and Humberto Carrillo came up behind them and attacked. Rey hit a nice 619 on Seth.
Seth tried to get Dominick on the steps like he did to Rey, but was unsuccessful and he and his Disciples ran out after getting ambushed. You can’t tell me a little part of you didn’t think that Dominick wasn’t going to turn right then and there. It seemed like it was going to happen as Dominick was behind Rey for a portion of Seth’s promo. I really don’t want to see Dominick turn heel against Rey, but I think that’s what the end result will be. I don’t know how Aleister and Humberto fit in. Maybe a tag team match with Murphy and Theory at Extreme Rules.

Entitled - Drew McIntyre came out and was interrupted by Dolph Ziggler, who started by saying he was happy to see Drew as champion so that he could step up. Dolph played a role in Drew’s comeback to WWE, and Drew was at the lowest point until he came around. All of Drew’s success was because of him. All he asks in return is what he deserves - a WWE title match. Drew said that since big daddy Claymore wasn’t watching his back anymore, he was losing a lot. Now, Dolph is an entitled jackass who thinks the world owes him something. So because they have history together, he makes the match for Extreme Rules.
It appears that Drew’s title reign is just going to be defined as a champion who gives anyone who walks out from the back a title match. Maybe I should drive down to the PC and walk out during Drew’s segment. “I’m a big fan and I’ve always wanted to buy a WWE title on WWE Shop, but I’ll settle for that shiny title over your shoulder.” Book me, WWE!. Come on.

Apollo Crews def. Shelton Benjamin - This was a quick match that I didn’t really care about seeing again, only since I felt like it should have been MVP, but i think they may be dragging it out to Extreme Rules. That’s fine, because I do think MVP deserves one more title shot, but then again, maybe he’ll pass on that match and let Bobby Lashley take the opportunity. In the VIP Lounge segment, MVP was still trying to get Apollo to let him be his manager, but Apollo wasn’t having any of it. I think being locked in the Full Nelson after his match may ignite some needed babyface fire under Apollo.

Asuka def. Charlotte Flair - Only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and someone holding the rope for Charlotte Flair. Charlotte’s left shoulder was hurting thanks to her brawl with Nia earlier in the night and it told the story of the match. And Asuka took advantage. She got Charlotte to tap out! When’s the last time that happened?
Nia was interviewed after the match and said it would be a shame if someone kicked Charlotte while she was down and walked off. Later, Charlotte was shown in the back and Charly went for an interview, but Nia attacked her after they both brawled before the match and Charlotte get the better of her. I’m glad to see Charlotte away from the titles for the time being.

The Street Profits def. The Viking Raiders - If you’ve just tuned in within the past few weeks you may be surprised to see a match called a “Raw Tag Team championship” match. What this match showed us is that Montez Ford is actually an airplane, and Erik is a legit powerhouse. Did you SEE Erik holding Tez AND Dawkins? All four have the ability to cartwheel(I'm jealous.) The air Tez got on that frog splash could have put anyone down.
After, we got some more camaraderie from the two teams, and Zelina’s crew blindsided the Profits. The Raiders made the save and it’s pretty clear where we are heading next. A new feud for the tag scene on Raw is very welcomed after these past few months.
By the way, after taking a week to digest all the Backlash and Raw after Backlash hooplah, I decided that I did like the segments between the two teams. I watched them back and was sports entertained.

Natalya def. Liv Morgan - This is such an epic fail. Liv deserves better than this shit. No one cares about Natalya. Natalya by herself or Natalya with Lana. You’ve picked Natalya and Lana over Liv when Liv was the one getting spotlight vignettes and a big re-debut. No consistency.

Akira Tozawa def. R-Truth - There was no match for this one as Bobby Lashley came down to the ring with MVP and locked the Full Nelson in. They left R-Truth laying on the floor and Tozawa took advantage. They’ve devalued the 24/7 title so badly that only a select few people in a specific category of wrestlers (lower card) seem to care about it. If I was Lashley I would have pinned Truth right there! But Lashley isn’t lower card so he doesn’t care about THAT title.

Two Buck Chuck - Zelina called Charly Caruso “two buck Chuck.” Angel Garza spoke words. Andrade said they’re going after the tag titles. Everything was wonderful.

Wow, there was SO MUCH on this show to further programs for everyone involved. As much as I didn’t like some of it, like Drew and Dolph and Liv Morgan’s booking, Raw was a really great show overall. I’m super excited for Sasha and Asuka and anything Edge and Orton.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by NaijaMemes: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2020
In as much as I hate wrestling now (I loved it when I was younger), I have to appreciate pu7pl3.

Wow, I just noticed that you have been keeping this thread going since 2018. That's dedication. Great job!

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
NaijaMemes:
In as much as I hate wrestling now (I loved it when I was younger), I have to appreciate pu7pl3.

Wow, I just noticed that you have been keeping this thread going since 2018. That's dedication. Great job!

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words

You should try and come back tho wrestling is still really fun and entertaining
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Where is everyone at sef?

Is it until extreme rules that y'all will come out?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by NaijaMemes: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
pu7pl3:
Where is everyone at sef?

Is it until extreme rules that y'all will come out?

Do you think Ronda Rousey makes a good wrestler?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
NaijaMemes:

Do you think Ronda Rousey makes a good wrestler?

yes, definitely...I love her
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
pu7pl3:

yes, definitely...I love her
Ronda doesn't know how to wrestle
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
Corbin:
Ronda doesn't know how to wrestle

Atrocious statement

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.