Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (290789 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2022
samistry:
Valeelove abeg wetin happen to best in the world? grin
na wa o. Why me? What I do? The Best in the World had been injured and it came back to hunt him in the match, plus AEW got 1 million in the ratings in a long long time. There's going to be a rematch at All Out. So that's their story. I wouldn't do it that way, but it is what it is. That guy is the best in the world; the atmosphere when he came in is megastar calibre. It's too bad he's in the lesser popular company, but atleast he gets to do it his own way. WWE guys just recently got the permission to say "wrestling". Lol.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
So HHH is planning on changing the belts designs. Finally. It's been a long time coming.
AEW's backstage state is not in it's best as they have been series of real-life backstage hear going on to the extent that Tony Khan has to sit everybody down and address the issues before Wednesday's Dynamite. On the top of that story is CM Punk's backstage issue with some AEW talent, especially Adam Page. Also Thunder Rosa and Brit Baker having issues. Also Eddie Kingston an Sammy Guevara.
If you watch NJPW and AEW then you should check out Kenny Omega roasting Will Ospreay after Dynamite went off the air. It's epic. The video is on their YouTube channel.
Tony Khan addresses WWE and claims they are messing with his talents. He even sent the a now leaked email to buttress the news. Wow. Which AEW talent do you think WWE would try to reach out to? I'm curious.
That's all the news I can remember.
A Sports Based wrestling product is still the best.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
ValeeLove:
So HHH is planning on changing the belts designs. Finally. It's been a long time coming.
AEW's backstage state is not in it's best as they have been series of real-life backstage hear going on to the extent that Tony Khan has to sit everybody down and address the issues before Wednesday's Dynamite. On the top of that story is CM Punk's backstage issue with some AEW talent, especially Adam Page. Also Thunder Rosa and Brit Baker having issues. Also Eddie Kingston an Sammy Guevara.
If you watch NJPW and AEW then you should check out Kenny Omega roasting Will Ospreay after Dynamite went off the air. It's epic. The video is on their YouTube channel.
Tony Khan addresses WWE and claims they are messing with his talents. He even sent the a now leaked email to buttress the news. Wow. Which AEW talent do you think WWE would try to reach out to? I'm curious.
That's all the news I can remember.
A Sports Based wrestling product is still the best.

Aliester Black?
Moxley?
Daniel Bryan?
Cesaro?
Braun?
There are many suspects

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by NicestDude: 10:06am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=Kaycee7 post=98505553] You for just return for the Rumble. The pop for your entrance for just blast Nairaland roof.[/quote

Bro lol grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Not One Cap to be Found
A fan in Pittsburgh held a sign high that read “Rhea is My Papi.” Dominik Mysterio clearly agrees because when put in a position to swing on Ripley with a kendo stick, he hesitated. Actually, he did more than hesitate; he handed Rhea his weapon! This is the match the crowd wants to see and the mind wanders if a payoff is coming. And if it is, how does it look? WWE is extending a lot of storytelling capital on this soap opera between Dom and his real daddy. Even Rey Mysterio is confused by his son’s behavior.
But how did we get here? Well, if you missed the show, indulge me for a bit. Raw’s first half hour was all about the Judgment Day. Damian Priest x Finn Balor tag teamed against AJ Styles x Dolph Ziggler. And they won! The match wasn’t the finest hour for either man. We got a few miscues and some awkward transitions, to say nothing of the fact it just wasn’t a compelling match. That said, the right team won. Establishing Judgment Day’s dominance is paramount as this thing with Edge continues, especially with Damian taking the L last week.
The win was even more important since Edge pulled up to Raw in the G Wagon as soon as their match ended. Finn and Damian railed against Rey, Edge, and everything WWE legends presumably take from them. Now awful arguments although it’s hard hearing it when Finn says with a straight face he deserves an A&E special. He’s a heel though, so that’s okay. Edge showed up and the conversation revolved around Beth Phoenix’s badassdom, the number of pants wearers in the Copeland household, and the fact Rhea, Damian, and Finn learned nothing from him. Of course he didn’t show up alone, which is when the Mysterios jumped the Judgment Day with kendo sticks in hand.
And now you’re caught up to the beginning of this tale. The audience wants Dom to go all in on a kendo stick attack against Rhea. We all do. Maybe something will come of it at Clash at the Castle when Edge x Rey team against Judgment Day with Dom in his dad’s corner, albeit reluctantly.
Dom thought this beef with Judgment Day and the ensuing match was a family affair. Rey, continuing this theme that legends are taking chances away from the young cats, says he wants Edge’s experience. If I were a betting man, the smart money goes on Dom turning on his dad in Wales, then walking into the arms of his new papi, Rhea.

Extracurriculars
Matt Riddle and Seth Get Nasty
Two big things here: Riddle is now Matt again, and the best moments of the interview he and Seth did with Corey Graves came “when the cameras were off.” It was great because it felt completely real. Don’t take my word for it tho. Watch for yourself.

Your Winner...and NEW...
Raquel Rodriquez x Aliyah are your new Women’s tag champs. The Bougie Badass team defeated Kai-N-SKY which surprised me. There was nothing terribly wrong about the matchl, even though it started a bit shaky with Aliyah but picked up when it became Raquel vs. the world. But it’s Dakota and IYO taking the L here right before their big match in Wales doesn’t sit well. Their group’s whole thing is dominating and controlling the Women’s division. They even said it before the match.
Watching them not only lose to a team with less experience but get outsmarted in the process makes them look like chumps. Not exactly the best look for them going into a match with two former champions and the current champ. And, they basically loss to one woman. Just a weird booking choice for Bayley’s group to fall for the banana in the tailpipe at this moment, even if there are bigger plans for Raquel down the line.

Blood isn’t Thicker...
It was only a matter of time until Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens crossed paths. Sami is the honorary Uce, he’s getting in really good with Roman, and is even close with Jimmy Uso! Those two even have their own handshake, which proceeded the moment of the night for me when Sami said “bet” the way I say bet although he has no idea what it means . Love it.
But I digress. The Usos and Sami showed up this week to gas Roman and his accomplishments. Kevin Owens showed up with another message for their boss, which resulted in a lot of awkwardness between Kevin and Sami. Yes, Kevin is Sami’s boy, Jey Uso. Because of that, KO had harsh words for his best friend. He wants more for him and thinks he’s doing a disservice to himself following the Bloodline. Of course he’s right. We all know that, but it’s good for someone with this much history with Sami to keep it real.
KO and Jey didn't back down from one another, so we got a great impromptu match between the two. This keeps the thread of KO just walking into fights going and I like that a lot. It does wonders for his character and the matches don’t disappoint.
The pivotal moment in a match that pushed both men to their limits came when Jey demanded Sami blast his best friend with a chair. Jey wanted to win but also wanted to test Sami’s loyalty. Jimmy distracted the ref and Sami, with chair in hand, hesitated. Through all the chaos, KO go the win and while Sami entrenched himself between that rock and the proverbial hard place.
KO wants Roman. Sami wants to protect Roman. But Sami is KO’s best friend and knows there’s a lot of truth to everything KO said about Sami forgetting how dope he is and risking it all to be in with a group of people who treat him like crap. Does he ride with his best friend or keep doing enough in hopes the Bloodline fully adopts him into the fold?

Miz Ain’t No Snitch
There’s some intrigue with this story involving Dexter Lumis and the Miz. Miz refuses to talk about what happened during his kidnapping. In fact, he refuses to tell anyone why he’s no longer kidnapped. Historically, WWE isn’t great at following up on this type of story. People just reappear. But whatever. Point is, Miz doesn’t want to talk about anything. Lumis is no longer in police custody as a result of his vow of silence, since he refused to press charges.
Miz, clearly shook, believed he saw Dexter around every corner. During his match with Bobby Lashley, he clearly lacked focus. Lashley dominated early and we got some nice storytelling through Ciampa acting as the eyes in the back of Miz’s head. That gave Miz a second wind that lasted right up to the point he—and we—saw Dexter looming in the stands.
And that was that. Lashley took advantage of a scared Miz, slapped on the Hurt Lock, and went home still the United States champion.
I really wonder where this is going with Miz and Dexter, and, more importantly, how Ciampa plays into this. This was my second favorite moment in the show this week because Miz sells everything and Lumis is...well, have you seen him? The button to this was a very creepy moment with Dexter showing up in the back of Miz’s truck as the man with massive balls drove off into the moonlight.

Job Squad
Bianca Belair, Asuka, & Alexa Bliss took on Dani Mo, Katie Arquette, & Kayla Sparks in a “warmup” for their match at Clash. I’m with Graves on this one: It’s not much of a warmup in terms of comparable talent. So was it just for momentum? Yes, but I argue they didn’t need any since they already have plenty. Meh

Kurt Angle: Not an Indentured Servant
We got a fun match between The Street Profits and the Alpha Academy. The stakes? Kurt Angle’s allegiance. If the Profits lost, Angle would become a member of the Academy learning under “Master Gable.” This wasn’t about furthering any storyline, just a nice moment for Angle in front of his hometown crowd. And he shared some celebratory milk with the Profits after he realized that drank in the solo cups is way too strong.
Oh, and before we finish here, let’s talk about Angelo Dawkins. Dude shoulder tackled OTIS across the commentary table. That’s serious power and another sign Angelo is truly stepping up in the wake of all this talk about Montez going solo.

Theory of Wrestling
We followed up Johnny Gargano’s return with a taped segment between he and his former son, Theory. Theory, in complete heel fashion, disregards the fact Johnny became a father and wonders why he never heard from his “friend” while he racked up accolades. Johnny is proud of Theory even if he wished Theory took a different route to get to the top. It was cool, but definitely needs some breathing room to tell a story on the level of the old NXT of which these two were a part.

There wasn’t a lot of momentum towards Clash at the Castle this week. Which is surprising seeing as how the event is, ya know, in a few days. It wasn’t an awful show but it did feel considerably less inspiring than previous weeks. Not a terrible show but just flat and not up to the bar previously set.

Grade: B-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:10am On Aug 31, 2022
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Carry On Tradition
NXT used its history this week as part of the hype for Worlds Collide. Ciampa, Finn Balor, Rhea Ripley, Shayna Baszler, Gunther, Alba Fyre, and even Pete Dunne. The former champs of their respective belts all spoke to the current champions about legacy, history, pressure, and everything on the line at Worlds Collide. I’m two minds of how this played out, so walk with me through what worked and what didn't.
Seeing these former champs certainly underlined the importance of the match. It also raised the stakes in a way commentary just can’t do. And that’s no diss to Vic or Wade either. Some things just sound better when spoken as a result of experience. Their words also reminded everyone of the finality of Worlds Collide. NXT UK is going away. A few of these current championship reigns are on the clock. What we currently know as NXT is changing right before our eyes, so yeah, this is serious business.
The interactions worked better with established connections. Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate. Alba Fyre and Meiko Satomura. Pete Dunne and Gunther. And, last but not least, Ciampa and Bron Breakker. Speaking of Ciampa, gotta love how NXT transforms wrestlers back into their previous gimmicks the minute they walk through its doors. Miz who?
Anyway, those connected on different levels, thus making them feel like integral storytelling tools rather than perfunctory tricks of the trade. Which is probably why Finn and Bron didn’t work, and neither did the combination of Shayna and Mandy Rose. Oh, and let’s not even get into Rhea and Blair Davenport. Those appearances on the the other side of the spectrum, as they lacked depth and meaning.
They pop the crowd and scratch that nostalgic itch for the old NXT, but that’s really the only purpose. As opposed to the other appearances that scratched that itch and meant something to the wrestlers involved and the audience because we know their shared history.
I love WWE embracing its history like this. Former champs expressing their respect for championship belts shows those titles are bigger than the feuds or even whatever former beef the combatants might have. It’s a different build towards a title match and sets Worlds Collide apart as a singular event. Those are all very good things.
Maybe I’m an easy get but the most of the cameos got me more excited for the unification matches and reinforced that I have no idea who is leaving the event with titles in their hands.

Extracurriculars
Finger Poke of Doom
Grayson Waller defeated Apollo Crews. Normally I’m against such shenanigans but I’m okay with it now. Why? Because Waller cheated, which gives Apollo an out and cause for a rematch. Plus? It’s another example of heels acting like heels, which I’m always about.
This was a pretty good match too because Waller keeps getting better and Apollo is Apollo. Waller poked Apollo in the eyes twice. Once in the first act and again for the finish. The first time threw Apollo off his game for a while and the second happened so quickly, you might miss it unless you’re paying attention.
These two aren’t finished but I’m curious how Apollo finds a way around Waller’s deviousness.

Here Comes a New Challenger
This was a weird tag title defense for Katana Chance and Katana Carter. They defeated Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley, but mostly due to Toxic Attraction’s interference. They barely even got into their match before Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne got involved. The story is there though: They missed their chance at the other tag championships, so they don’t want anyone to have anything they don’t.
Doudrop x Nikki A.S.H. showed up once Carter x Chance told the world they have no one left to beat. The women’s team from Raw challenged NXT’s tag champs to a match at Worlds Collide, finally giving them something to do and someone new to fight. I like that for them.

Denzel, John Lithgow, and Ice-T
Ricochet is back! Well, for at least one event. Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams hit the ring before the night ended. The A Champ was incensed at his absence from Worlds Collide. So much so that he dropped the line of the night:
“I broke a rebel heart. This ain’t a dream and you can’t swerve me.”
Beautiful.
After declaring he will not defend his title at the event—that’ll show ‘em, Melo—Ricochet’s music hit. Mr. O’Shea explained Worlds Collide can have more than one meaning and the event needs some blue brand.
They exchanged barbs for a bit, with Melo clearly in shock. So yeah, we’re getting a match between these two at Worlds Collde that will definitely bring down the house.

Roderick Sucks
I’m on record saying this story with Roderick Strong and the Diamond Mine needs to end. He cost the Creed Bros. and Damon Kemp yet another match this week. This time against Gallus when he stupidly ran to the ring with cell phone proof to exonerate himself of wrongdoing and that he’s not a liar. Kemp was distracted, the Brothers Creed were confused, and Gallus got the W.
Before Roddy’s foolishness, this was the best match of the night. I want more of these three because it’s just physical. The Diamonds in the Rough are filled with mat wrestlers but they’re bruisers as well. They can fight with the best of them and match Gallus blow for blow and intensity.
When the match ended, the locker room emptied into the ring because, you know, worlds actually collide.

Le Sigh
You know what I don’t like though? This Joe Gacy/Cameron Grimes feud. And the crowd agrees with me because they dropped plenty of F-bombs during this segment with Schism and Grimes.
The plus side is Grimes finally told Gacy he’s not joining Schism, which means a fight is coming. Which means this thing is mercifully almost over. Godspeed to everyone suffering as much as I am.

Pretty Legendary
Gallus wants Briggs & Jensen so bad they can taste it. The British trio interfered in the NXT UK tag champs’ trios match against Pretty Deadly and Lash Legend. Even with Fallon “Yee Haw, Bitch” Henley by their side, it wasn’t enough to stop Gallus from swaying the match’s direction. That’s why Pretty Legendar (Good one, Barrett) got the W. This wasn’t the best match for these teams as it was clear serving World’s Collide was the bigger purpose. Honestly? I’m more interested in a Paxley and Legend feud though. Whenever those two get their hands on each other, it feels like a real fight between two people who don’t like each other.

Chase the Dragon
Whenever Andre Chase gets time, he produces pretty good matches. He and Charlie Dempsey got some time this week and they delivered. Chase is always interesting in the ring, and, like Stella said, you gotta respect a man who wrestles in a sweater. Chase got the W here after Dempsey found himself distracted by Bodhi Heyward. As always in wrestling, taking one’s eye off the prize often leads to a terrible demise.

Overshadowed
So Zoey Stark, fresh off a championship match loss to Mandy Rose, took her frustrations out on Kiana James. Outside of kayfabe, James wrestling Stark is good for her because it will only raise her game and make her look better. As it relates to kayfabe, James keeps writing checks she cannot cash in the ring. Last week it was Nikkita Lyons. This week it’s Zoey Stark. Zoey got the W, which serves as a bounce back, but the true moment of the match came when Lyons showed up for her revenge on James.
What does that say about Zoey? What’s her role now? That’s the weird thing about NXT having one singles belt for the women. Not everyone has a big match to fall into after losing a title match like Wendy Choo with Tiffany Stratton. Lyons’ appearance overshadowed Zoey’s win while underlining the fact Zoey is a woman without a country at the moment. The match was okay but yeah, the ending was the intrigue.

This was a solid outing. It did its main job which is prime the pump for Worlds Collide. Nothing more nothing less.

Grade: B
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello BryanCharley, seen your recent articles on pro-wrestling. If you wanna join a wrestling community on this platform, then I recommend here. Purpl3 is a really smart dude and everyone here is nice, cool and intelligent. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
I don't know is anybody missed it, but Chiampa did an off TV promo for Logan Paul some time ago. It was great. Like really great. I don't know if I need to post the link.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Strowman is back with WWE.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2022
ValeeLove:
I don't know is anybody missed it, but Chiampa did an off TV promo for Logan Paul some time ago. It was great. Like really great. I don't know if I need to post the link.

I saw it...you can post the link for others bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
ValeeLove:
Strowman is back with WWE.

So he was the one Haitch was talking to grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

So he was the one Haitch was talking to grin grin
no. Strowman doesn't work with AEW. The accusations was for AEW stars.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
ValeeLove:
no. Strowman doesn't work with AEW. The accusations was for AEW stars.

is ROH not under AEW?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2022
pu7pl3:

is ROH not under AEW?
He was under a promotion called Control Your Narrative along with Karrion Kross. It never really lifted off the ground in terms of success.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by luizpippo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2022
Purple, wither?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
luizpippo:
Purple, wither?

No vex o cultist grin
I've not had time to watch SMACKDOWN yet...
I'll post in the night when I do.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

The Ronda Rousey antihero arc continued on Friday Night SmackDown this week.
You know what’s great about this? By the end of the segment, I was a bigger Adam Pearce fan than Ronda Rousey!
My man is just out here trying to do his best, working with all these big personalities, with the likes of Rousey in his face flaunting being “the most recognizable female athlete in history.” He finally snapped, called out her entitlement, spoke openly about how ungrateful everyone is, and how fully fed up with everyone’s bullshit he is, and you know what? To hell with her!
Then he called her “the world’s biggest bitch,” which is very bad, and then sold like crazy for her in all the best ways. First, she dropped the microphone by her side and he made a big show of seeing it and INSTANTLY changing his tune.
Insert “it was at this moment he knew, he fvcked up” meme.
Then he started profusely apologizing to her, and, I shit you not, literally reached out like he was trying to grab the words he had just said and physically take them back. It was amazing.
Rousey still ended up putting him down, because that’s how this always had to go. The fans in the joint seemed to eat it up — though it’s possible there was some sweetening going on here, it was a taped show, after all — and it went over how they wanted it to by the time it was over.
I just have to give Pearce his flowers after this segment. He was incredible here in every way he could be.

If you watched this show and weren’t thoroughly entertained by all things Sami Zayn, especially when he was hamming it up in support of Jey Uso, you and I are not alike.
Meanwhile, this felt like a proper go home segment, with Drew McIntyre putting down the entirety of The Bloodline in impressive fashion, like this:
Before cutting a promo with a memorable line:
That’s a pretty damn good way to send us off to the big show which is currently airing by the way.

All the Rest
THE VIKING BOAT. Or DRAGON BOAT, as commentary made sure to tell us. A Viking Rules match, it turns out, was just the ring becoming a makeshift boat with shields on the ropes, anything goes, falls count anywhere. It made for a hilarious visual that tickled me pink. At one point, Kofi Kingston used a pink sledgehammer on Ivar’s dome piece. Watching them dump each other on the deck of the makeshift boat was also just a delight. There were chairs and tables and even more shields. By the end of it, I couldn’t help but wonder if this should have been done in front of a stadium full of people. That Woods powerbomb through two tables would have went over huge! Detroit was great with it, though, and it was a fun time. The Viking Raiders win would make you think these two still have some more fighting to do.

We got an interview backstage with Liv Morgan and Shayna Baszler vowing to rip each other’s arms off. It was fine, it just felt … low effort? Considering this is the only women’s championship match we’re getting at Clash at the Castle, you’d think they would have wanted to do more here. Maybe I’m just disappointed they didn’t.

Karrion Kross is back to being presented like he was while dominating NXT. The overly involved, drawn out entrance is a bit much for my tastes but it’s a gigantic upgrade over what we saw from him the last time he was here. He beat up Drew Gulak, though it didn’t look nearly as good as it could have considering the talent in the ring. Still, the point was made.

Maximum Male Models wrestled their first match, taking on Hit Row. It wasn’t terribly interesting as a match itself — Hit Row won easily, of course — but it gave us a couple fun details, like Hit Row deciding who would start the match with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Then, mån.sôör did literally one move before breaking into a pose, giving Pat McAfee the chance to say “that’s what models do, they just pose all day.” It was all worth it just for those two things alone.

Happy Corbin issued an open challenge, one Shinsuke Nakamura answered. Corbin was soundly beaten in a relatively short match, and they’re back to talking like he’s hitting rock bottom again. The return of Sad Corbin incoming? Maybe not, because it sure looked like JBL picked him up and took him away.

Hey Triple Game, when the hell are you going to get around to making him Pete Dunne again? He at least got the gear back and was decidedly more Pete Dunne on this show in his win over Ludwig Kaiser.

This was a taped show, so it was up against it, but it was still enjoyable.

Grade: B-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
ValeeLove:
He was under a promotion called Control Your Narrative along with Karrion Kross. It never really lifted off the ground in terms of success.

Oh...okay

Are you watching clash at the castle?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by luizpippo(m): 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
pu7pl3:

No vex o cultist grin
I've not had time to watch SMACKDOWN yet...
I'll post in the night when I do.

grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2022
WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Reigns on the Solo Tip
Drew McIntyre leveled the playing field. He put the Usos on the shelf. Dispatched of the honorary Uce in Sami Zayn, and, as fate would have it, Paul Heyman is still on hiatus after his ride through a table at SummerSlam. Drew’s theory of the case is that without his entourage, the god Roman Reigns is a mere mortal. More importantly, a mortal who fears Drew McIntyre. Roman’s backup is gone. His wise man, who massages his ego and coaches him, is on the shelf. Finally—finally—Drew put himself in a position to deal with Roman one-on-one.
Or so he thought.
Prior to Roman’s ace in the hole, he and Drew engaged in a beautiful war. It started with the two engaging in several tests of strength, which is really what this whole thing is about. Reigns flexed his usual muscle but Drew is the one cat—outside of you know who—who withstands all that force. In this match, he not only stood up to it but proved he might actually be stronger than Roman.
That resilience showed itself over and over during the match, as Roman’s usual tricks were like flies swarming around Drew on a warm day as opposed to the giant wasps they are against seemingly everyone else.
Drew withstood several spears, a couple Superman punches, and frustrated Reigns. Now, to his credit, Reigns withstood Drew’s best blows too, including a Claymore. But Drew didn’t expect an easy match, so he maintained his composure. Rather than complain to the referee like Reigns did, he just kept pushing.
That ties into the other facet of the match’s backstory. Drew acknowledged how hard he worked to get to this point. He talks about the setbacks and false starts, juxtaposing those with the glide path Roman had on his way to a two-year run as champion and face of WWE. Drew doesn’t resent Reigns for it, but in his mind, Reigns is a cat who will shortcut his way to the top while Drew has no idea what a shortcut even looks like.
This all coalesced in a moment where Charles Robinson fell out—refs are so fragile—and Theory’s music hit. Speaking of shortcuts. Anyway, Theory makes his way to the ring, briefcase in hand, with his a ref by his side. Before the ring announcer even opens her lips to brief us on the cash-in, Tyson Fury lays out Theory with a right hook. Theory as Will E. Coyote is pretty comical. He’s a man who fronts like he’s hard but he’s softer than baby sh*t.
With Theory laid out and the crowd buoyed, Reigns grabs a chair. Again, he’s taking shortcuts when things don’t go his way. He heads to the ring and slowly approaches Drew. But Drew counters with a Claymore! That’s it, right? It has to be.
Remember what I said about Roman not really being solo in Cardiff? That’s because Solo was in Cardiff.
For those unfamiliar with NXT 2.0, Solo Sikoa is Jey and Jimmy’s little brother. Therefore, he’s Roman’s little cousin. A hooded Solo pulled the referee out of the ring, stopping his three-count and putting an end to Drew’s championship hopes. Drew finally lost his cool and went after Solo. Roman, lying in wait, hits Drew with a spear when the Scotsman put his attention back to its proper place.
And that was all she wrote.
This was an incredible match worthy of all your time. It capped a great event in Wales and a good sign of things to come for big WWE events.
Now, as far as the stories go, Reigns proved his smarts again, while truly making himself and his crew invincible. The Bloodline has another member, which opens the door for a few possibilities. Are they keeping every member? Did Jimmy and Jey know about little brother? Will Roman go Joker-style and make them all fight using a pool stick for membership? Who knows.
But, it’s a good jolt to an angle that is getting a little stale for this writer. And Drew falls victim in the same way most people do to Roman: He lost the numbers game. At a certain point, someone needs to bring their own crew to go blow for blow with Roman’s, if just to look as smart as he is. But, alas, that’s out of my hands.

Extracurriculars
Damage Control
It finally happened. Bayley, IYO SKY, and Dakota Kai finally got a very big W. Since their inception, this crew talked a big game but to this point, backed it up a little but not as much as they prophesied. Well, consider today prophecy fulfilled. And they got here thanks to simply being a better team than their opponents. They were on the same page the entire time, they stuck to their plan, and they outsmarted Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, and Asuka. There were moments when the babyfaces shined but overall, this was all about the heels.
And it was perfect. More to the point, Bayley pinned the champ. Yes, she had a lot of help from her friends but that’s also the point. Bianca won’t just deal with Bayley; she’s gotta deal with her whole crew. Is she ready for that? We’ll find out. This was a good match with a great finish and everyone looks better because of it.

Outfoxed
If there’s a running theme tonight, it’s the heels outthinking and outsmarting the faces. No match illustrates that better than Riddle vs. Seth Rollins. Rollins outsmarted that man since this whole thing started, with his comments towards Riddle’s family on the most recent episode of Raw serving as the ultimate chess move. As a result, this match was a fight from start to finish. Riddle got to the ring first doing his normal happy-go-lucky thing. But the second Seth’s music hit, that veneer went away and he champed at every bit for Seth to get in that ring.
He did and they went for it.
This was, like so many other matches on the card, very dope. And like most of these matches, it hinged on one moment. For the first two acts, Seth and Riddle battled to a standstill. They took each other’s best blows, countered each other, and Seth even used Riddle’s own moves against him. But nothing worked. Then, finally, Seth played his Ace. He disrespected Riddle’s personal issues again, called him a GD loser, and stoked Riddle’s temper. From there, Seth had him. Riddle lost his mind, for a minute, got some nice offense in on the architect.
But he lost focus and gave way to blind rage. That was all the opening Seth needed, using Riddle’s anger against him and taking advantage. It was beautiful storytelling—something WWE did a lot of at Clash at the Castle—and eventually gave way to top rope stomp from Seth where he landed on Riddle’s head like a pound of bricks.
If you don’t think Riddle felt that, then the swelling over his right eye says otherwise.
This was a fight where Seth moves on and Riddle looks like a man with one fatal flaw. Will he correct it? Or is it too much Viper in him at this point? If only someone was around to help him tame his inner beast...

Shocker
It looked like we were in store for WWE’s version of Bane vs. Batman from Dark Knight Rises. Their first fight in the movie where Batman gets destroyed and Bane looks like a big brother abusing his little brother. Shayna Baszler looked dominant early. Nothing Liv threw at her worked and she ate every punch and kick. But she got frustrated at the fact Liv never relented. She yelled for Liv to “quit like she normally does” but Liv, of course, kept fighting. Even with her bad arm exposed, she refused to say die. Then she got the W because Shayna’s frustration got the best of her.
This was a better match than I thought we were getting. Hopefully both women are holding their heads high for what they did in Wales. Now, can we finally stop telling the story that Liv is the scrappy underdog champion and just let her be champion? Thanks.

Cold Blooded
Not to belabor the point, but the only thin go cared about in this match between Edge & Rey Mysterio and The Judgment Day was the heel turn. And boy oh boy did we get one. But it didn’t happen during the match. It happened after Edge & Rey got a W over Finn & Damian Priest. But even without the turn, this was a solid match with some really good storytelling beats. The best being an early moment where Rey used his body to cushion Edge’s collision with a turnbuckle. And it only happened because Edge gave Rey a signal. Finn and Damian, always looking for ways to prove their superiority, went for the same thing. Of course it completely backfired on Finn as Edge simply kicked him off the turnbuckle. That microcosm of this larger story really felt earned and showed a delicate touch in a profession where delicate isn’t really a thing.
The fact Dom helped his dad and Edge win the match also made the heel turn sweeter. I mean, let’s keep it real: Dom cheated on behalf of his dad. So that made it look like the heel turn wasn’t even a thing. And then it was. While celebrating in the ring with his old papi and Edge, Dom kicked the latter where the sun don’t shine, and delivered an incredible clothesline to his dad. Seriously, watch that clothesline again. That was a thing of beauty.
I don’t know if Dom has a heel in him, but we will soon find out. And it helps that they nailed the first step in that process.

Wolverine Vs. Sabertooth
That headline is the best description for Gunther vs. Sheamus. Words do not do that match any bit of justice. Just know it was fantastic, IMPERIUM is finally a thing again—still missing the music—and Sheamus’ chest and back looked like raw hamburger meat. And watch the match. Watch it now. Stop reading this and watch it now.
Gunther won the battle...and the war. Sheamus got props from the stadium crowd though, and they were well-deserved. It was one of a million examples of the Cardiff crowd being phenomenal.

This was incredible from start to finish. The crowd added a lot to it but the matches were all compelling and the wrestlers clearly fed off Cardiff’s rowdiness. Each match went above and beyond on its promise. Even the pre-show tag of the Street Profits & Mad Cap Moss vs. Alpha Academy & Theory was fun and crisp. What more can you ask for? This was one of WWE’s best shows of the year.

Grade: A+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2022
I knew from the onset that WWE won't let titles change hands on a foreign soil. That's why I don't get hyped whenever they wanna embark on the Arabian trip. I was hoping Cardiff would be different, but last last, e still no cast.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Debroslink:
I knew from the onset that WWE won't let titles change hands on a foreign soil. That's why I don't get hyped whenever they wanna embark on the Arabian trip. I was hoping Cardiff would be different, but last last, e still no cast.

With all the promos Drew did leading up to this show, Including that video package he did with his wife I really thought they wanted him to win it.
It's all good tho, the show was great and Solo Sikoa joining the bloodline was huge
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by luizpippo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
pu7pl3:
WWE CLASH AT THE CASTLE REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Reigns on the Solo Tip
Drew McIntyre leveled the playing field. He put the Usos on the shelf. Dispatched of the honorary Uce in Sami Zayn, and, as fate would have it, Paul Heyman is still on hiatus after his ride through a table at SummerSlam. Drew’s theory of the case is that without his entourage, the god Roman Reigns is a mere mortal. More importantly, a mortal who fears Drew McIntyre. Roman’s backup is gone. His wise man, who massages his ego and coaches him, is on the shelf. Finally—finally—Drew put himself in a position to deal with Roman one-on-one.
Or so he thought.
Prior to Roman’s ace in the hole, he and Drew engaged in a beautiful war. It started with the two engaging in several tests of strength, which is really what this whole thing is about. Reigns flexed his usual muscle but Drew is the one cat—outside of you know who—who withstands all that force. In this match, he not only stood up to it but proved he might actually be stronger than Roman.
That resilience showed itself over and over during the match, as Roman’s usual tricks were like flies swarming around Drew on a warm day as opposed to the giant wasps they are against seemingly everyone else.
Drew withstood several spears, a couple Superman punches, and frustrated Reigns. Now, to his credit, Reigns withstood Drew’s best blows too, including a Claymore. But Drew didn’t expect an easy match, so he maintained his composure. Rather than complain to the referee like Reigns did, he just kept pushing.
That ties into the other facet of the match’s backstory. Drew acknowledged how hard he worked to get to this point. He talks about the setbacks and false starts, juxtaposing those with the glide path Roman had on his way to a two-year run as champion and face of WWE. Drew doesn’t resent Reigns for it, but in his mind, Reigns is a cat who will shortcut his way to the top while Drew has no idea what a shortcut even looks like.
This all coalesced in a moment where Charles Robinson fell out—refs are so fragile—and Theory’s music hit. Speaking of shortcuts. Anyway, Theory makes his way to the ring, briefcase in hand, with his a ref by his side. Before the ring announcer even opens her lips to brief us on the cash-in, Tyson Fury lays out Theory with a right hook. Theory as Will E. Coyote is pretty comical. He’s a man who fronts like he’s hard but he’s softer than baby sh*t.
With Theory laid out and the crowd buoyed, Reigns grabs a chair. Again, he’s taking shortcuts when things don’t go his way. He heads to the ring and slowly approaches Drew. But Drew counters with a Claymore! That’s it, right? It has to be.
Remember what I said about Roman not really being solo in Cardiff? That’s because Solo was in Cardiff.
For those unfamiliar with NXT 2.0, Solo Sikoa is Jey and Jimmy’s little brother. Therefore, he’s Roman’s little cousin. A hooded Solo pulled the referee out of the ring, stopping his three-count and putting an end to Drew’s championship hopes. Drew finally lost his cool and went after Solo. Roman, lying in wait, hits Drew with a spear when the Scotsman put his attention back to its proper place.
And that was all she wrote.
This was an incredible match worthy of all your time. It capped a great event in Wales and a good sign of things to come for big WWE events.
Now, as far as the stories go, Reigns proved his smarts again, while truly making himself and his crew invincible. The Bloodline has another member, which opens the door for a few possibilities. Are they keeping every member? Did Jimmy and Jey know about little brother? Will Roman go Joker-style and make them all fight using a pool stick for membership? Who knows.
But, it’s a good jolt to an angle that is getting a little stale for this writer. And Drew falls victim in the same way most people do to Roman: He lost the numbers game. At a certain point, someone needs to bring their own crew to go blow for blow with Roman’s, if just to look as smart as he is. But, alas, that’s out of my hands.

Extracurriculars
Damage Control
It finally happened. Bayley, IYO SKY, and Dakota Kai finally got a very big W. Since their inception, this crew talked a big game but to this point, backed it up a little but not as much as they prophesied. Well, consider today prophecy fulfilled. And they got here thanks to simply being a better team than their opponents. They were on the same page the entire time, they stuck to their plan, and they outsmarted Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, and Asuka. There were moments when the babyfaces shined but overall, this was all about the heels.
And it was perfect. More to the point, Bayley pinned the champ. Yes, she had a lot of help from her friends but that’s also the point. Bianca won’t just deal with Bayley; she’s gotta deal with her whole crew. Is she ready for that? We’ll find out. This was a good match with a great finish and everyone looks better because of it.

Outfoxed
If there’s a running theme tonight, it’s the heels outthinking and outsmarting the faces. No match illustrates that better than Riddle vs. Seth Rollins. Rollins outsmarted that man since this whole thing started, with his comments towards Riddle’s family on the most recent episode of Raw serving as the ultimate chess move. As a result, this match was a fight from start to finish. Riddle got to the ring first doing his normal happy-go-lucky thing. But the second Seth’s music hit, that veneer went away and he champed at every bit for Seth to get in that ring.
He did and they went for it.
This was, like so many other matches on the card, very dope. And like most of these matches, it hinged on one moment. For the first two acts, Seth and Riddle battled to a standstill. They took each other’s best blows, countered each other, and Seth even used Riddle’s own moves against him. But nothing worked. Then, finally, Seth played his Ace. He disrespected Riddle’s personal issues again, called him a GD loser, and stoked Riddle’s temper. From there, Seth had him. Riddle lost his mind, for a minute, got some nice offense in on the architect.
But he lost focus and gave way to blind rage. That was all the opening Seth needed, using Riddle’s anger against him and taking advantage. It was beautiful storytelling—something WWE did a lot of at Clash at the Castle—and eventually gave way to top rope stomp from Seth where he landed on Riddle’s head like a pound of bricks.
If you don’t think Riddle felt that, then the swelling over his right eye says otherwise.
This was a fight where Seth moves on and Riddle looks like a man with one fatal flaw. Will he correct it? Or is it too much Viper in him at this point? If only someone was around to help him tame his inner beast...

Shocker
It looked like we were in store for WWE’s version of Bane vs. Batman from Dark Knight Rises. Their first fight in the movie where Batman gets destroyed and Bane looks like a big brother abusing his little brother. Shayna Baszler looked dominant early. Nothing Liv threw at her worked and she ate every punch and kick. But she got frustrated at the fact Liv never relented. She yelled for Liv to “quit like she normally does” but Liv, of course, kept fighting. Even with her bad arm exposed, she refused to say die. Then she got the W because Shayna’s frustration got the best of her.
This was a better match than I thought we were getting. Hopefully both women are holding their heads high for what they did in Wales. Now, can we finally stop telling the story that Liv is the scrappy underdog champion and just let her be champion? Thanks.

Cold Blooded
Not to belabor the point, but the only thin go cared about in this match between Edge & Rey Mysterio and The Judgment Day was the heel turn. And boy oh boy did we get one. But it didn’t happen during the match. It happened after Edge & Rey got a W over Finn & Damian Priest. But even without the turn, this was a solid match with some really good storytelling beats. The best being an early moment where Rey used his body to cushion Edge’s collision with a turnbuckle. And it only happened because Edge gave Rey a signal. Finn and Damian, always looking for ways to prove their superiority, went for the same thing. Of course it completely backfired on Finn as Edge simply kicked him off the turnbuckle. That microcosm of this larger story really felt earned and showed a delicate touch in a profession where delicate isn’t really a thing.
The fact Dom helped his dad and Edge win the match also made the heel turn sweeter. I mean, let’s keep it real: Dom cheated on behalf of his dad. So that made it look like the heel turn wasn’t even a thing. And then it was. While celebrating in the ring with his old papi and Edge, Dom kicked the latter where the sun don’t shine, and delivered an incredible clothesline to his dad. Seriously, watch that clothesline again. That was a thing of beauty.
I don’t know if Dom has a heel in him, but we will soon find out. And it helps that they nailed the first step in that process.

Wolverine Vs. Sabertooth
That headline is the best description for Gunther vs. Sheamus. Words do not do that match any bit of justice. Just know it was fantastic, IMPERIUM is finally a thing again—still missing the music—and Sheamus’ chest and back looked like raw hamburger meat. And watch the match. Watch it now. Stop reading this and watch it now.
Gunther won the battle...and the war. Sheamus got props from the stadium crowd though, and they were well-deserved. It was one of a million examples of the Cardiff crowd being phenomenal.

This was incredible from start to finish. The crowd added a lot to it but the matches were all compelling and the wrestlers clearly fed off Cardiff’s rowdiness. Each match went above and beyond on its promise. Even the pre-show tag of the Street Profits & Mad Cap Moss vs. Alpha Academy & Theory was fun and crisp. What more can you ask for? This was one of WWE’s best shows of the year.

Grade: A+

[/b]DJ purple[b] on the beats

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
luizpippo:

[/b]DJ purple[b] on the beats

cool

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by luizpippo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
pu7pl3:

cool

This one is counting money in this Buhari's economy!!!

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2022
luizpippo:

No loud am
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
pu7pl3:

Oh...okay

Are you watching clash at the castle?
no. I don't have the avenue to. I won't even watch All Out. There were mixed feelings about it and Drew's singing was part of the lows.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
luizpippo:

person dey use wrestling escape reality, you dey bring reality enter wrestling. Na wa o.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
pu7pl3:
Theory's music hit. Speaking of shortcuts. Anyway, Theory makes his way to the ring, briefcase in hand, with his a ref by his side. Before the ring announcer even opens her lips to brief us on the cash-in, Tyson Fury lays out Theory with a right hook. Theory as Will E. Coyote is pretty comical. He’s a man who fronts like he’s hard but he’s softer than baby sh*t.
With Theory laid out and the crowd buoyed,
My point exactly. For a company that is notorious for constantly being unable to create new stars they end up messing up their only hope of a future star in the current generation by making Theory look like a goof and incompetent. And I thought it was a Vince McMahon thing. No one wants to see Theory vs Cena anymore. Do better Haitch.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2022
ValeeLove:
no. I don't have the avenue to. I won't even watch All Out. There were mixed feelings about it and Drew's singing was part of the lows.

Okay boss
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2022
ValeeLove:
My point exactly. For a company that is notorious for constantly being unable to create new stars they end up messing up their only hope of a future star in the current generation by making Theory look like a goof and incompetent. And I thought it was a Vince McMahon thing. No one wants to see Theory vs Cena anymore. Do better Haitch.

Nah, the spotlight on Theory is massive.
At this point he is feuding with everyone, he might look incompetent for now but this is surely making him a household name and giving him legs for the future.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
It's been an interesting weekend in wrestling. I could have bet the house that Drew MacIntyre was winning the championship.
Moving on to NXt, I knew Bron Breaker was gonna retain.
Mandy Rose still continues her reign of terror.

Over in AEW things are getting heated and it's not a work, CM Punk went scorched earth in his postmatch interview over his issues with Colt Cabana. It's been reported a scuff ensued between him and the elite afterwards.
Tony Khan needs to put his house in order

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.