Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (289505 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2022
samistry:
It's been an interesting weekend in wrestling. I could have bet the house that Drew MacIntyre was winning the championship.
Moving on to NXt, I knew Bron Breaker was gonna retain.
Mandy Rose still continues her reign of terror.

Over in AEW things are getting heated and it's not a work, CM Punk went scorched earth in his postmatch interview over his issues with Colt Cabana. It's been reported a scuff ensued between him and the elite afterwards.
Tony Khan needs to put his house in order

CM Punk is always having issues with higher authority...he should start his own wrestling company undecided

I'll post NXT worlds collide when I watch it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
WWE NXT WORLDS COLLIDE REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

One More Chance
First off, Bron Breakker and Tyler Bate capped Worlds Collide with a very strong match. No pun intended. On a show filled with good matches, it was the perfect cherry on top of NXT’s rainbow sundae. They showcased their power, their technical skill, and told a story of two very strong boys outmuscling each other. They gave us several great false finishes that built on the idea that this truly was a toss-up. And in most toss-up matches, it came down to who makes the biggest mistake and who capitalizes.
Bron’s first mistake? Hitting his Military Press Slam and pinning Tyler too close to the ropes. Tyler’s first mistake? Not getting all of his Tyler Driver ‘97, which gave Bron just enough of an opening to kick out. Third time was a charm for one of these cats. But whom? If you watched it already then you already know. For everyone else, come ride with me through the match’s third act, which was the best part of the bout.
Tyler put his foot on the rope and escaped an L. Bron, frustrated and a little worried, pulled off both straps and marched to the corner for the spear. Throughout the match, both men showed how well they scouted each other, so leave it to Tyler to underline that point one more time with a kick to Bron’s head to counter the spear. Tyler tried beating Bron with a victory roll but no dice, so he went back to the ropes to go for his second rebound lariat after Bron kicked out of his first attempt. Bron knew it was coming this time though, and speared Tyler in mid-air. I’m good with words but that scene deserves your eyes instead of my letters, words, and periods. It happened so fast and the seemingly shook the entire building.
Bron got the W, unified the belts, and Tyler showed his sportsmanship as the two hugged it out in the middle of the ring.
Good match, solid story, and a good ending. Bron as the unified champ gives him more competition since I kept theorizing that his time in NXT was coming to an end. Eventually, he’s going to the main roster because he’s ready. Until then, his current reign’s tenor means whoever knocks him off is going to be a very big deal. Bron, much like Mandy, is in legacy building mode in NXT 2.0

Recognize
Me championing Mandy Rose is nothing new for this space. In fact, I argued for putting respect on her name before it became her catchphrase. The irony there is I picked against her in this match but not because I didn’t think she was worthy of a win. The exact opposite; I believe Mandy is growing beyond her division in NXT and needs a bigger pool in which to swim. There’s only but so much more she can do in NXT after defeating everyone and dominating for so long. At a certain point, it’s time to take her show on the road.
Apparently, that time is not now
Mandy announced this was a completely solo venture for her because she not only talks the talk but she walks the walk. And walk she did. She teamed with Blair Davenport early to neutralize Meiko Satomura, then hung with the legend step for step when she saw fit. All three women put on a hell of a match, but Mandy was the focal point. She exchanged heavy blows with Meiko, showing she’s worthy of every accolade at the end of her name and why underestimating her is silly. Anytime it was Blair vs. Meiko, Mandy interjected herself even if it meant sacrificing some rest and recuperation. It’s a fascinating character arc for someone who started her reign as a heel willing to do whatever to keep her belt. Now that she’s beyond all of that, her goal is different. It’s why she came to the ring without Gigi and Jacy, and why this “underdog” status insults her so. I get it and it’s a pretty compelling story.
Perfectly illustrating that idea, Mandy won the match when both opponents took their eyes off of her. She nailed Meiko with a Kiss from a Rose while Meiko went for a pin attempt on Blair. Blair took the pin, Meiko licked her wounds, and Mandy defied expectations yet again.
Good match with an even better story.

Extracurriculars
Mirror Match
Anyone familiar with Mortal Kombat understands the mirror match concept. It’s the part of the game where your fighter squares off against themselves. The tricky part of it, if the game isn’t on easy mode, is that the mirror opponent knows your every move and has a counter. That’s what Carmelo Hayes and Ricochet gave us at World’s Collide; a mirror match between two guys who are, in a lot of ways, carbon copies of one another.
For most of this entertaining match, they told the story of two guys who barely beat each other to the punch. It wasn’t even about countering moves so much as it revolved around who can do the exact same moves faster and better than their opponent. But the one thing Ricochet didn’t have is his own Trick Williams. Trick distracted Ricochet whenever Melo was in serious trouble. Trick acted as a fly, bugging Ricochet and throwing him off his game long enough for Melo to regain his composure. And that’s how Trick won the match. Ricochet had Melo in the drop zone for his finisher, only for Trick to do what Trick does best. That bought Melo enough time to reverse Ricochet’s top rope finisher into an inside cradle and go home with the W.
At this point, what is left for Melo to do in NXT outside of tangoing for the main title? We gotta move him up or tell him to move on to the main roster.

Why, Damon, Why?
There was a lot of chaos in this tag elimination match, as there normally is in matches of this type. Especially when the teams involved dislike each other with the intensity of 1000 suns.
Briggs & Jensen found themselves eliminated first, which isn’t too surprising given the teams involved. That’s no diss to them, but there’s more storytelling and pedigree with their three opponents. Sorry, boys. We’ll always have “yee haw, bitch.”
Then the Bros. Creed eliminated Gallus, which was very surprising. For the past couple weeks on TV, they built Gallus up as this unstoppable ball of chaos, so for them to go out was a weird move. But, if the point of the match was to get us back to Pretty Deadly and The Creeds, who have an unresolved history.
This led to more chaos as the eliminated teams brawled on the entrance ramp because, again, their hatred is unyielding. That madness led to another ref bump because, as I keep saying, refs are fragile, which provided an opening for Damon Kemp. Kemp got him some of Pretty Deadly then hyped up Julius to get the W. Except for, ya know, that chair he swung into Julius’ back. Pretty Deadly got the win and Damon walked away in disgust.
Prior to the match, officials found Roderick Strong laid out in the NXT parking lot. Laid out to the point he needed medical attention and Ivy Nile went to the “local medical facility” with him. Are the things connected? More than likely yes. But we won’t know that for sure until the next episode—shoutout to Dr. Dre.
Pretty Deadly as the unified champs makes sense. They can do a lot with those belts as heel champs, while doing a lot for Lash Legend. And it’s not like these teams are done fighting each other any time soon, especially with the Creeds having the Damon excuse.
Fun match, a bit of a mess at times, but like I said, that comes with the territory.

Toxicity
Katana Chance & Kayden Carter defeated Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H. How? Well, they owe a lot of their victory to Toxic Attraction. Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne are incensed anyone but them has a chance at beating the champs. They’re more incensed that their replacements in the tag tournament, Doudrop and Nikki, got a shot at their championships. That’s doubly insulting.
Jacy and Gigi attacked Nikki, Carter & Chance pinned Doudrop, and the rest is history.

This was a good show. Most of the matches delivered while the opening bout stood out as great. The show flew by, which is always great, and we effectively closed one chapter of NXT and put the pen to another.

Grade: B+
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by emiron18(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
Adulthood na scam
Watch full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okQ2cTt034
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Monster Among Bad Logic
Walk with me a bit, Guys. Now, I’m not the biggest Braun Strowman fan, so keep that in mind while you read these words. That said, I understand his purpose and know the crowd loves him. So he clearly has value to the game—double entendre intended. You know what I am a fan of though?
Logic.
The Fatal 4-Way match for a shot at the Usos was on thin ice before Braun showed up and wrecked shop. First off, we got a really fun moment between Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston. Both New Day members were the legal men as Alpha Academy, the Street Profits, and Los Lotharios looked on with great delight. Xavier and Kofi fronted like they were really going to do the damn thing only for Xavier to lie down in the middle of the ring while Kofi went for the pin. Smart!
A great illustration of New Day’s experience over every other team in the ring with them. The other teams quickly swarmed the ring and chaos ensued as the ref stopped counting. Also makes sense. Kofi and X fought off everyone and got the other teams outside of the ring.
Now, I initially thought that X and Kofi’s next moves made no sense. Rather than go for the pin attempt again since, ya know, the other teams are outside of the ring, discombobulated, and distracted, Kofi Xavier went for...suicide dives. The two men who just tried outsmarting everyone didn’t do that same trick when they were in an even better position to pull off such a thing! But apparently, Otis was the legal man at that point. I wasn’t the only one confused since Xavier explained the back and forth in an exchange on the Bird app.
So the match continued. And it was a good one because these are good tag teams. Then that familiar roar echoed throughout Kansas City. Braun Strowman is back, people. He looks good, there are no more remnants of someone choo-choo-choosing him, and the crowd adored him. But, back to the logic again: Did it have to happen during an important match? More to the point, did it have to happen at the expense of all those teams?
Braun monster-handled three prominent tag teams—sorry, Los Lotharios—by himself. New Day? Wrecked. Street Profits? Laid out on the floor. Alpha Academy? Sent them back to school. WWE essentially told us Braun by himself should be the tag team champions. Much like when he teamed with that kid at WrestleMania.
And to top it off, the match didn’t finish! He destroyed everyone, obliterated the commentary table, ruptured the barricade with Otis’ body, and security finally calmed Braun until he walked to the back. Seriously, his onslaught against WWE’s top teams continued into the commercial break. It was picture-in-picture action. One of my favorite Pusha T songs “If You Know You Know” played during a Pizza Hut commercial and was basically the soundtrack to Braun’s destruction.
IF Braun is back, there’s gotta be a way to do it that doesn’t son a bunch of teams vying for tag team championship glory. Putting their bodies on the Strowman Express tracks while the train runs over them is shortsighted and does nothing for nobody involved. Except Strowman. And even then, only time will tell how bright that makes his star. What’s next for Braun? He’s going to SmackDown, so Geno will fill you in on how that goes down.

Extracurriculars
What Papi Wants...
Edge cut a hell of a promo during Raw’s opening segment. He perfectly told the story of his relationship with Dominik and his closeness with the Mysterio family. He transitioned to the fact he no longer sees Dom as a nephew or even as a little boy. He sees him as a “WWE Superstar” and “when you play a man’s game, you pay a man’s price.” Which is a very dope line. Edge called out Dom, Rey came to the ring instead.
Rey, decked in leather pants, pleaded for Edge’s forgiveness on behalf of his son. Edge said nah. Rhea Ripley showed up and told the world she made Dom “into a man.”
Do with that what you will but I cannot comment on it since I like my job.
This led to Finn Balor and Damian Priest jumping Edge and destroying his knee with a chair. All while Dom stood by Rhea’s side, dressed in black, and watched the carnage as his father pleaded with him to snap out of it.
With Edge out of commission and Dom under Rhea’s spell—which I completely understand—Ray challenged Finn or Damian to a match. Damian accepted and defeated Rey in a match where Rey never seemed focused. Of course not with his son on the outside of the ring. Even while emotionally compromised, Rey almost beat Priest. Rey dialed up the 619 but Dominik stood on the ring apron and blocked his dad. That was enough to throw Rey off of his game and get planted by the South of Heaven.
With Rey laid out, Dom and the Judgment Day stood over him. Rhea announced there’s one more person they need eradicated: Edge. “And what Papi wants, Papi gets.”
Again, do with that what you will.
So next week, Dom takes on Edge in a match I’m looking forward to because this is Raw’s most compelling story at the moment.

Please Mickey Don’t Sue Us
Damage CNTRL isn’t exactly the best way to illustrate the name, but I get it. Pretty sure Marvel licensed “Damage Control” and Disney owns Marvel. And if there’s one group of lawyers you never want to go into battle against, it’s Mickey Mouse’s lawyers.
But I digress.
Bayley, Dakota Kai, & IYO SKY hit the ring to gloat. As they should. Dakota and IYO announced their match against the women’s tag champs because apparently, Dakota wasn’t the legal woman even though she took the pin in the tag team championships finals. We shall see how that plays out.
The big story here is Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Bayley. Bayley, with the line of the night, says she doesn’t work on Labor Day, just wants to celebrate pinning the champ.
Bayley did hit a good note: Bianca can’t handle the fact she took the pin. So of course she wants to fight Bayley as soon as possible. Bayley, the heel she is, wants that fight on her terms and her time, which gives Bianca more time to stew. I kinda dig that. The follow up is important but digging a little deeper into Bianca’s psyche and putting the “control” in Bayley’s hands has potential.

Fight for Your Right
KO is a fighter. That’s the story every week and every match reinforces that. KO found himself against Austin Theory this week. Why? Because Theory ran his mouth inside of the ring and KO took offense in the name of good taste. And because he dislikes arrogant and delusional people in wrestling. After Theory failed yet another cash-in attempt at Clash at the Castle, KO believes Mr. Money in the Bank is the most arrogant and delusional person in the business.
They put on a really good match with Ko controlling most of the action but Theory showcasing some ruthlessness that serves his character well. The most ruthless moment was Austin slamming the back of KO’s head onto the edge of the steel steps. Seriously, ouch. I have no clue how Owens finished the match.
Yeah, I know it’s a worked spot but there’s no easy way to protect your skull against steel. But finish he did and he got the W for his troubles. He fought through that that pain and left Austin lying from a Pop Up Powerbomb and a Stunner.
KO’s rise continues while Austin Theory’s role as an inept punk moves to its next chapter. Which, is probably Johnny Gargano. Gargano returns to the ring next week, so it’s only a matter of time before those two wrassle.

Rage in the Cage
Miz refuses to talk about Dexter Lumis. So much so that he and Ciampa refer to him in the same way people in the Harry Potter universe refer to Voldemort. Despite him ignoring a thing trying to rid it of its power, Dexter overturned Miz’s truck and even showed up during his cage match with Bobby Lashley. Dexter’s appearance makes me not even want to mention the way Ciampa and Miz did their best to decimate Bobby before the bell rang. But I just did so there’s that. It was a fine match but because I knew Dexter was coming, I found myself more interested in how and where.
When Miz and Ciampa double teamed Lashley once again, stopping him from exiting the cage by pounding his head repeatedly with the cage door, Miz climbed the cage. Perched from atop and looking down, he spots Dexter, who was apparently under the ring the whole time. The shot of Dexter’s stoic face looking up at Miz was the funniest thing on Raw in quite some time. I’m still laughing thinking about it.
Lashley finished Miz with a spear, retained his title, and locked the cage to give Dexter and Miz some alone time. Then the show went off the air. It was a pretty abrupt ending to an okay show. I have no idea where they’re going with Dexter and Miz but I find myself feeling less interested the more it goes.
Maybe the end result will shock my system and get me back on board but we’re repeating the same beats here just in different forms. Dexter kidnapped Miz, then popped up in the back of his truck, and now they’re in a cage together. Dexter already got his hands on Miz more than once so locking them together in a cage loses it’s heft since there’s really no cat and mouse game afoot.

Just One More Thing...
Aliyah & Raquel Rodriguez defeated Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H. It was a blink and you miss it affair. Later in the show, Doudrop and Nikki were arguing in the background of Damage CNTRL’s shot, with Nikki walking away in anger. Maybe they broke up? Maybe they’re just on the outs? Maybe I’m looking too much into something that no one else cares about? All are possible.

This wasn’t a newsy show coming off of an excellent event in Wales. Braun’s return is the headline but everything else, minus the Judgment Day’s story with Edge and Rey, was simply solid. Nothing wrong with solid at all but not necessary episode of Raw either. Which isn’t the place they need to be with the NFL kicking off in a couple days and Monday Night Football looming over the entire television landscape like an ominous cloud.

Grade: B
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
samistry:
I could have bet the house that Drew MacIntyre was winning the championship.
grin grin cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2022
samistry:
It's been an interesting weekend in wrestling. I could have bet the house that Drew MacIntyre was winning the championship.
Moving on to NXt, I knew Bron Breaker was gonna retain.
Mandy Rose still continues her reign of terror.

Over in AEW things are getting heated and it's not a work, CM Punk went scorched earth in his postmatch interview over his issues with Colt Cabana. It's been reported a scuff ensued between him and the elite afterwards.
Tony Khan needs to put his house in order
I like AEW. Gosh men if they go under it will probably be the end of Pro-wrestling for me. But TK doesn't know what he's doing despite his good intentions. Punk might not be a bad guy, but there's probably an ego to him, overall I wish things were different. I'm tired of managing wrestling.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2022
pu7pl3:
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Monster Among Bad Logic
Walk with me a bit, Guys. Now, I’m not the biggest Braun Strowman fan, so keep that in mind while you read these words. That said, I understand his purpose and know the crowd loves him. So he clearly has value to the game—double entendre intended. You know what I am a fan of though?
Logic.
The Fatal 4-Way match for a shot at the Usos was on thin ice before Braun showed up and wrecked shop. First off, we got a really fun moment between Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston. Both New Day members were the legal men as Alpha Academy, the Street Profits, and Los Lotharios looked on with great delight. Xavier and Kofi fronted like they were really going to do the damn thing only for Xavier to lie down in the middle of the ring while Kofi went for the pin. Smart!
A great illustration of New Day’s experience over every other team in the ring with them. The other teams quickly swarmed the ring and chaos ensued as the ref stopped counting. Also makes sense. Kofi and X fought off everyone and got the other teams outside of the ring.
Now, I initially thought that X and Kofi’s next moves made no sense. Rather than go for the pin attempt again since, ya know, the other teams are outside of the ring, discombobulated, and distracted, Kofi Xavier went for...suicide dives. The two men who just tried outsmarting everyone didn’t do that same trick when they were in an even better position to pull off such a thing! But apparently, Otis was the legal man at that point. I wasn’t the only one confused since Xavier explained the back and forth in an exchange on the Bird app.
So the match continued. And it was a good one because these are good tag teams. Then that familiar roar echoed throughout Kansas City. Braun Strowman is back, people. He looks good, there are no more remnants of someone choo-choo-choosing him, and the crowd adored him. But, back to the logic again: Did it have to happen during an important match? More to the point, did it have to happen at the expense of all those teams?
Braun monster-handled three prominent tag teams—sorry, Los Lotharios—by himself. New Day? Wrecked. Street Profits? Laid out on the floor. Alpha Academy? Sent them back to school. WWE essentially told us Braun by himself should be the tag team champions. Much like when he teamed with that kid at WrestleMania.
And to top it off, the match didn’t finish! He destroyed everyone, obliterated the commentary table, ruptured the barricade with Otis’ body, and security finally calmed Braun until he walked to the back. Seriously, his onslaught against WWE’s top teams continued into the commercial break. It was picture-in-picture action. One of my favorite Pusha T songs “If You Know You Know” played during a Pizza Hut commercial and was basically the soundtrack to Braun’s destruction.
IF Braun is back, there’s gotta be a way to do it that doesn’t son a bunch of teams vying for tag team championship glory. Putting their bodies on the Strowman Express tracks while the train runs over them is shortsighted and does nothing for nobody involved. Except Strowman. And even then, only time will tell how bright that makes his star. What’s next for Braun? He’s going to SmackDown, so Geno will fill you in on how that goes down.

Extracurriculars
What Papi Wants...
Edge cut a hell of a promo during Raw’s opening segment. He perfectly told the story of his relationship with Dominik and his closeness with the Mysterio family. He transitioned to the fact he no longer sees Dom as a nephew or even as a little boy. He sees him as a “WWE Superstar” and “when you play a man’s game, you pay a man’s price.” Which is a very dope line. Edge called out Dom, Rey came to the ring instead.
Rey, decked in leather pants, pleaded for Edge’s forgiveness on behalf of his son. Edge said nah. Rhea Ripley showed up and told the world she made Dom “into a man.”
Do with that what you will but I cannot comment on it since I like my job.
This led to Finn Balor and Damian Priest jumping Edge and destroying his knee with a chair. All while Dom stood by Rhea’s side, dressed in black, and watched the carnage as his father pleaded with him to snap out of it.
With Edge out of commission and Dom under Rhea’s spell—which I completely understand—Ray challenged Finn or Damian to a match. Damian accepted and defeated Rey in a match where Rey never seemed focused. Of course not with his son on the outside of the ring. Even while emotionally compromised, Rey almost beat Priest. Rey dialed up the 619 but Dominik stood on the ring apron and blocked his dad. That was enough to throw Rey off of his game and get planted by the South of Heaven.
With Rey laid out, Dom and the Judgment Day stood over him. Rhea announced there’s one more person they need eradicated: Edge. “And what Papi wants, Papi gets.”
Again, do with that what you will.
So next week, Dom takes on Edge in a match I’m looking forward to because this is Raw’s most compelling story at the moment.

Please Mickey Don’t Sue Us
Damage CNTRL isn’t exactly the best way to illustrate the name, but I get it. Pretty sure Marvel licensed “Damage Control” and Disney owns Marvel. And if there’s one group of lawyers you never want to go into battle against, it’s Mickey Mouse’s lawyers.
But I digress.
Bayley, Dakota Kai, & IYO SKY hit the ring to gloat. As they should. Dakota and IYO announced their match against the women’s tag champs because apparently, Dakota wasn’t the legal woman even though she took the pin in the tag team championships finals. We shall see how that plays out.
The big story here is Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Bayley. Bayley, with the line of the night, says she doesn’t work on Labor Day, just wants to celebrate pinning the champ.
Bayley did hit a good note: Bianca can’t handle the fact she took the pin. So of course she wants to fight Bayley as soon as possible. Bayley, the heel she is, wants that fight on her terms and her time, which gives Bianca more time to stew. I kinda dig that. The follow up is important but digging a little deeper into Bianca’s psyche and putting the “control” in Bayley’s hands has potential.

Fight for Your Right
KO is a fighter. That’s the story every week and every match reinforces that. KO found himself against Austin Theory this week. Why? Because Theory ran his mouth inside of the ring and KO took offense in the name of good taste. And because he dislikes arrogant and delusional people in wrestling. After Theory failed yet another cash-in attempt at Clash at the Castle, KO believes Mr. Money in the Bank is the most arrogant and delusional person in the business.
They put on a really good match with Ko controlling most of the action but Theory showcasing some ruthlessness that serves his character well. The most ruthless moment was Austin slamming the back of KO’s head onto the edge of the steel steps. Seriously, ouch. I have no clue how Owens finished the match.
Yeah, I know it’s a worked spot but there’s no easy way to protect your skull against steel. But finish he did and he got the W for his troubles. He fought through that that pain and left Austin lying from a Pop Up Powerbomb and a Stunner.
KO’s rise continues while Austin Theory’s role as an inept punk moves to its next chapter. Which, is probably Johnny Gargano. Gargano returns to the ring next week, so it’s only a matter of time before those two wrassle.

Rage in the Cage
Miz refuses to talk about Dexter Lumis. So much so that he and Ciampa refer to him in the same way people in the Harry Potter universe refer to Voldemort. Despite him ignoring a thing trying to rid it of its power, Dexter overturned Miz’s truck and even showed up during his cage match with Bobby Lashley. Dexter’s appearance makes me not even want to mention the way Ciampa and Miz did their best to decimate Bobby before the bell rang. But I just did so there’s that. It was a fine match but because I knew Dexter was coming, I found myself more interested in how and where.
When Miz and Ciampa double teamed Lashley once again, stopping him from exiting the cage by pounding his head repeatedly with the cage door, Miz climbed the cage. Perched from atop and looking down, he spots Dexter, who was apparently under the ring the whole time. The shot of Dexter’s stoic face looking up at Miz was the funniest thing on Raw in quite some time. I’m still laughing thinking about it.
Lashley finished Miz with a spear, retained his title, and locked the cage to give Dexter and Miz some alone time. Then the show went off the air. It was a pretty abrupt ending to an okay show. I have no idea where they’re going with Dexter and Miz but I find myself feeling less interested the more it goes.
Maybe the end result will shock my system and get me back on board but we’re repeating the same beats here just in different forms. Dexter kidnapped Miz, then popped up in the back of his truck, and now they’re in a cage together. Dexter already got his hands on Miz more than once so locking them together in a cage loses it’s heft since there’s really no cat and mouse game afoot.

Just One More Thing...
Aliyah & Raquel Rodriguez defeated Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H. It was a blink and you miss it affair. Later in the show, Doudrop and Nikki were arguing in the background of Damage CNTRL’s shot, with Nikki walking away in anger. Maybe they broke up? Maybe they’re just on the outs? Maybe I’m looking too much into something that no one else cares about? All are possible.

This wasn’t a newsy show coming off of an excellent event in Wales. Braun’s return is the headline but everything else, minus the Judgment Day’s story with Edge and Rey, was simply solid. Nothing wrong with solid at all but not necessary episode of Raw either. Which isn’t the place they need to be with the NFL kicking off in a couple days and Monday Night Football looming over the entire television landscape like an ominous cloud.

them say Theory fumble him promo. A source even used the word "flustered". Between you and the crowd, no one else o. Toor.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2022
ValeeLove:
them say Theory fumble him promo. A source even used the word "flustered". Between you and the crowd, no one else o. Toor.

it's not true or maybe I totally missed it
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2022
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Invasion U.S.A.
NXT 2.0 kicked off this week with Tyler Bate. Yup, the same Tyler Bate who lost to Bron Breakker at Worlds Collide. Bate talked about his respect and admiration for Bron—Breakker by nature he called him—and lamented the fact he lost on behalf of his countrymen.
Speaking of his countrymen, Tyler’s promo brought Gallus to the ring, who shamed Bate for losing and disappointing the entire United Kingdom. Yes, the whole UK is in their feelings right now over this loss. Ah, gotta love heels with delusions of grandeur. Gallus berating Bate brought Breakker ringside. Breakker believes Bate is not only a worthy opponent but the UK version of himself. And if Gallus wants a fight, then he has no problem joining forces with Bate to do exactly that.
What I liked most about this match was illustrating just how in sync Bron & Bate are. They did two great Steiner Bros. homages—the pose and the bulldog finisher—, executed simultaneous delayed vertical suplexes, and knew the exact moments to save one another. They looked like a legitimate tag team, which was the story. These two bonded in battle and realized how alike they are. Gallus, despite their history as an actual unit, wasn’t strong enough to deal with their combined power. Bron, famously a semi-lone wolf finally has a true friend.
Naturally, JD McDonagh attacked that friend while Bron and Tyler celebrated their win. One Satio Suplex to Tyler and JD ran for the hills before Bron laid hands on him. My question is was this about Bron or JD? I have zero interest in seeing JD and Bron go at it again but maybe Tyler and JD is a better avenue for the Irish Ace. One that resets him a bit or at least makes his villainy less cartoonish.

Extracurriculars
Breakin’
Meiko Satomura was never losing to Roxanne Perez. Never ever in a million and two years. But that wasn’t the point here. This match between the two was all about proving Perez has the chops. Not just from a story standpoint, but as a wrestler. Perez showcased several smooth transitions during the bruising affair, sold incredibly well for Meiko, and proved as a character she’s more than just Cora Jade’s former best friend who agonizes over text message and blocks Cora’s number. Drilling that point home is the fact Cora challenged Meiko to a match after Worlds Collide to which the Final Boss politely declined due to her match with a “worthy opponent” in Roxanne.
This was just dope wrestling with two women beating the hell out of each other and doing their best to break each other down. The story, along with Cora watching from backstage with bat in hand—making it even more awkward—just enhanced the match.
Cora attacked Roxanne afterward because of course she did. Meiko came to her rescue, which is a huge rub for Roxanne going forward.

Bloodsport
Jacy Jayne obviously thought she was in the Kumate. During Toxic Attraction’s grudge match with Doudrop & Nikki A.S.H., Jacy kicked Doudrop square in the nose and saved Gigi Dolin from taking a pin. Doudrop kept going but clearly something broke because that much blood doesn’t come from a simple cut.
This was a fine match between the two teams. Surprisingly, for me anyway, Toxic Attraction took the Ls here. Now, unless Doudrop & Nikki are permeant fixtures in NXT’s tag team division now, the win doesn't make much sense. Maybe with a bit more clarity on their role as a team would clear all of that up? Rhetorical question because of course it would.

Cyborg
JD McDonagh puts on technically sound matches. He and Wes Lee wrestled a fun match tonight that put Lee’s high flying vs. JD’s methodical psycho approach. It’s a great contrast in styles and JD eventually got the win, despite some strong offense from Lee. But something about McDonagh doesn’t make me care about his matches even if there’s nothing wrong with them. Maybe it was all of the try hard Sideshow Bob act with Bron. There’s a disconnect here that makes it hard to take him seriously at this point.

Revenge of the Ninja
Trick Williams, as good as he is, is the fall guy. Therefore a match with Ricochet was always a foregone conclusion. Trick’s only job was making Ricochet look strong in getting his revenge for Trick’s constant interference at World’s Collide. And he did that. Now, that doesn’t mean it was an entertaining match, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. And it not being that entertaining is different for anything involving Trick, but indicative of a night where things feel a bit subdued before the anniversary show.

Firewalker
Axiom vs. Nathan Frazer is another example of something that just doesn’t move me. And I wish it did because both guys are really good in the ring, as demonstrated in their first of possible three matches. Axiom walked away with the W in a match all about showcasing how evenly matched these men are, building enough tension and, hopefully, anticipation for their next couple matches. But all of that hits better if both men have a little more character development and build for the match.

Over the Top
Damon Kemp explained his actions, which boils down to his hurt feelings at the way Diamond Mine constantly treated him as an afterthought. Kemp wasn’t really convincing here, as that delivery felt stagnant and fake. BUT, his stray shot at Ivy Nile was extra disrespectful and funny just because it came from left field.

I was not sports entertained this week. We got several matches but only a couple really grabbed my attention due to the storytelling involved. This felt like a running in place show before a big anniversary blowout episode. As a quick note, I have to mention the fact Apollo is journaling again and wants revenge for what Grayson did to his eye. Also, did you see his eye? Whew!

Grade: C
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
I presume everyone has heard the news of AEW backstage TV program. The controversial comments and the fight. Also the suspensions and the injury of the World champ and automatic vacation of the World Championship belt. U really believe we've all heard the news hence I'm not going in detailed. And Purpl3 the NXT review is good, but let's be frank no one is watching that, no one is talking about it, or Clash At The Castle, or Raw or All Out. Which begs the statement that, when what's happening behind the scenes is much more popular than what's happening in the product that should be the center of focus that people should pay to see, you know there's a big problem in wrestling. The product is so bad that backstage chaos is more entertaining. We need change.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2022
ValeeLove:
I presume everyone has heard the news of AEW backstage TV program. The controversial comments and the fight. Also the suspensions and the injury of the World champ and automatic vacation of the World Championship belt. U really believe we've all heard the news hence I'm not going in detailed. And Purpl3 the NXT review is good, but let's be frank no one is watching that, no one is talking about it, or Clash At The Castle, or Raw or All Out. Which begs the statement that, when what's happening behind the scenes is much more popular than what's happening in the product that should be the center of focus that people should pay to see, you know there's a big problem in wrestling. The product is so bad that backstage chaos is more entertaining. We need change.

In every aspect of sports and entertainment backstage or real life issues between athletes would always be more Juicy than the actual product not just wrestling.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by FRANSixx: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please guy can anyone add me on any WWE Latest news and videos on whatsapp please...... Here is my number 09120262100
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

In every aspect of sports and entertainment backstage or real life issues between athletes would always be more Juicy than the actual product not just wrestling.
no. I disagree with this. I don't want to see or hear any issue Ronaldo has with any player in his team, I just want to see him play. As a matter of fact, if he did have issues with them, I'll be sad because his performance will reduce due to mental and team efficiency. It is a radar that this business is not properly run, something I've been saying for a while.

Also Roman's press conference wasn't an actual press conference if you know what I mean.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
FRANSixx:
Please guy can anyone add me on any WWE Latest news and videos on whatsapp please...... Here is my number 09120262100
purpl3
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
Tyler Bates loses the unification match to Bring and a few days later, the queen dies. So Pu7pl3, maybe Gallus wasn't so delusional after all. Tyler's loss must have hit Eliza pretty hard and this is a woman who's lived through an annus horriblis
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
ValeeLove:
no. I disagree with this. I don't want to see or hear any issue Ronaldo has with any player in his team, I just want to see him play. As a matter of fact, if he did have issues with them, I'll be sad because his performance will reduce due to mental and team efficiency. It is a radar that this business is not properly run, something I've been saying for a while.

Also Roman's press conference wasn't an actual press conference if you know what I mean.

Lol bruh this is cap
Check out the Neymar/Mbappe saga, people care more about that backstage drama more than what PSG is doing, people literally just tune in to see if Neymar would pass to Mbappe or not. It's normal and not just a wrestling thing.

And yea I know that interview was worked ofcourse cheesy

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Kaycee7:
Tyler Bates loses the unification match to Bring and a few days later, the queen dies. So Pu7pl.3, maybe Gallus wasn't so delusional after all. Tyler's loss must have hit Eliza pretty hard and this is a woman who's lived through an annus horriblis

You make a good case attorney grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

Lol bruh this is cap
Check out the Neymar/Mbappe saga, people care more about that backstage drama more than what PSG is doing, people literally just tune in to see if Neymar would pass to Mbappe or not. It's normal and not just a wrestling thing.

And yea I know that interview was worked ofcourse cheesy
no bro. That's childish at best. So you're saying people care about their internal squabble more than whether PSG wins a match?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
I don't have the picture, but one fan suggests Roman and Seth should face off at Saudi Arabia in a TLC match with the finish being each man holding onto and pulling down each belt simultaneously, so it ends with the 2 having both belts and Roman still hasn't been pinned. He loses the belt at the Rumble(which Cody wins) through a cash-in from Theory and goes to face The Rock at Mania. How una see am?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
ValeeLove:
no bro. That's childish at best. So you're saying people care about their internal squabble more than whether PSG wins a match?

Nobidy cares about PSG bruh, except Parisians and they too are more interested in the squabble, it's why it was all over the news
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
ValeeLove:
I don't have the picture, but one fan suggests Roman and Seth should face off at Saudi Arabia in a TLC match with the finish being each man holding onto and pulling down each belt simultaneously, so it ends with the 2 having both belts and Roman still hasn't been pinned. He loses the belt at the Rumble(which Cody wins) through a cash-in from Theory and goes to face The Rock at Mania. How una see am?

Roman is fighting the Rock with both titles grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

Nobidy cares about PSG bruh, except Parisians and they too are more interested in the squabble, it's why it was all over the news
toor. Na 3rd party go settle this matter because me I'm positive of what I'm saying.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2022
ValeeLove:
toor. Na 3rd party go settle this matter because me I'm positive of what I'm saying.

People wey dey tune into PSG matches dey find traces of the quarell between Mbappe and Neymar...
Any small hint towards it, related or not would be amplified to the max.

Same with the whole Ronaldo wanting UCL saga in Man U
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

Roman is fighting the Rock with both titles grin
he doesn't need the titles to face Rocky. I'm even against him returning, but still no one will buy Dwayne leaving his million dollar movie empire to pursue another career in wrestling at 50. If Roman is as big as he thinks he is, he doesn't need Rocky to beat or sellout WrestleMania 39. There should work on their roster and get a legitimate opponent before Mania. I rest here. This business is not a joke. They should stop treating it as such.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

People wey dey tune into PSG matches dey find traces of the quarell between Mbappe and Neymar...
Any small hint towards it, related or not would be amplified to the max.

Same with the whole Ronaldo wanting UCL saga in Man U
so you're saying people watch matches not for the actual competition, but any traces of real conflict. The whole aim of FIFA World Cup and Olympics has been defeated then.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:27am On Sep 10, 2022
ValeeLove:
so you're saying people watch matches not for the actual competition, but any traces of real conflict. The whole aim of FIFA World Cup and Olympics has been defeated then.

That's not what I said...you talked about conflict and I'm telling you that whenever there is conflict in any sport it always creates more buzz and turn outs...
You need to rest G
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

We’ve basically made it a point to praise Pat McAfee on a weekly basis around these parts but even I could not possibly know how much he would be missed when he’s gone. This week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown was the first with Pat Mac away, off to his College Football gig with ESPN, and I am here to say the show is far worse off in his absence.
Corey Graves is solid. I’m not here to say anything negative about his work. He just isn’t Pat McAfee. This show felt distinct with McAfee’s voice over it. Now, it sounds just like any other WWE show.
It’s fine.
We got a Fatal 5-Way Elimination match to determine who would wrestle Liv Morgan for the SmackDown women’s championship at the upcoming Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV) early next month in Philadelphia. Ronda Rousey, Sonya Deville, Natalya, Xia Li, and Lacey Evans were the five wrestlers involved.
Based on that list alone, you already know who won.
You could maybe argue Natalya belongs based on legacy, but even then your argument is weak. None of those wrestlers has any business being in a top contender’s match.
Here are their TV records so far in 2022, and keep in mind it’s September:
Xia Li: 1-6
Sonya Deville: 1-14
Natalya: 6-19
Lacey Evans: 2-2
I understand wanting to use as many wrestlers as possible and get them as much action as possible in meaningful matches but booking like this just flat out devalues the title. What does it say about the belt Morgan is carrying around that you can do nothing but lose and still find yourself in multiple top contender matches? I don’t need AEW style rankings and record keeping but I sure would like a little more attention being paid to things like this going forward.

All the rest
I can’t be the only one who wants Imperium to get their old music back, right? Meanwhile, WWE deserves some scorn here for this six-man tag match that started the show. They perfectly build to Sheamus tagging in to square off with GUNTHER, and it was so unbelievably hype, with the Brawling Brutes and Imperium cheering on their respective leaders from their two corners of the ring, and then they went to commercial before the two ever locked up. Boooo! Can’t be too upset, however, because they ended up having a really fun TV match that Imperium emerged victorious in.

Man, I just adore Sami Zayn. Watching him try to fit in with The Bloodline has been entertaining every single week, without fail. The guy is an incredible performer.
Solo Sikoa debuted on this show, and he felt every bit like a top level star. The crowd responded to him like one and he was every bit the presence WWE hoped he would be. It was clear he was destined for something more while he was doing his thing in NXT 2.0 but he genuinely fit right in here, so well it was like he’d simply always been there. He also looked great in the main event match against Drew McIntyre.

Toxic Attraction was back on the blue brand to face off against WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Raquel Rodriguez & Aliyah. They were soundly beaten. This was done to heat up the champs for their rematch with Damage CTRL next week on Monday Night Raw. Was it a call up for TA? We shall see, but they haven’t had a great start on the main roster either which way.

The Street Profits & Hit Row defeated Los Lotharios & Maximum Male Models in a brief but fun TV match. There isn’t much to say about it otherwise.Has WWE ever gone to Seattle and not had a heel made a dig about the Supersonics skipping town all those years ago? This time it was Chad Gable, who showed up with Otis just to be the guys Braun Strowman would beat up in his return to SmackDown. He did just that, ending it with an impressive powerbomb of the big fella.

We mentioned Solo Sikoa’s main event match with Drew McIntyre earlier. Yeah, that match ended with Karrion Kross showing up out of nowhere and slapping a chokehold on that he held all the way up through the end of the show. I actually really liked how they held it until McIntyre seemed to fade out gradually and the show itself faded to black equally as slow. You could still hear commentary screaming about getting him help for a short time and then even that sound faded out too. A pretty damn good execution of an even better idea.

I enjoyed this show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by AnfieldFan: 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Pu7pl3....

Saw something on YouTube a while ago...
Taker returned??

Good or bad??
My gee is retired, make dem free am naaa angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Pu7pl3....

Taker returned??

Good or bad??
Whatever returns Taker makes anywhere will just be to drop a promo, some gimmick theatrics and a couple of smackdowns. He's never coming back to regular programming, unless man has a death wish.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Pu.7pl3....

Taker returned??

Good or bad??

He didn't make any return, not in the ring atleast....
Perhaps he was just backstage.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by AnfieldFan: 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2022
pu7pl3:

He didn't make any return, not in the ring atleast....
Perhaps he was just backstage.

I didn't play the video...My heart couldn't take it....This gives me great relief...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by AnfieldFan: 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kaycee7:
Whatever returns Taker makes anywhere will just be to drop a promo, some gimmick theatrics and a couple of smackdowns. He's never coming back to regular programming, unless man has a death wish.

Exactly....

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.