Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (289576 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2023
CoolUsername:

You can't wear face paint or makeup in the UFC because visible damage is one of the criteria used to award points. Pro wrestling doesn't work that way.
oh really? So what about sports where the criteria isn't visible damage, like women's football for instance?

CoolUsername:

It still brings me back to the Jeff Hardy point, though. Do Jeff Hardy, Ultimate Warrior, and Sting also make wrestling look phony to you? It's even funnier that you'd use Bianca Belair as the scapegoat when she's twice as strong and athletic as 90% of the women's roster.
I already answered that question. A face paint for personal reasons isn't same as a makeup for beautification. If guys like Sting may need a face paint for fun or for whatever personal reasons, it's their choice, cos they know the paint will wear out anyway. But you see women being instructed to wear makeup for beautification makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't add anything to them in anyway. And you know it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:57pm On May 26, 2023
ValeeLove:
oh really? So what about sports where the criteria isn't visible damage, like women's football for instance?

I already answered that question. A face paint for personal reasons isn't same as a makeup for beautification. If guys like Sting may need a face paint for fun or for whatever personal reasons, it's their choice, cos they know the paint will wear out anyway. But you see women being instructed to wear makeup for beautification makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't add anything to them in anyway. And you know it.

Female footballers and basketballers wear make up too

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2023
pu7pl3:

Female footballers and basketballers wear make up too
while the match is going on? Do you have pictoral proof?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2023
ValeeLove:

Yes, yes I do

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 5:19pm On May 26, 2023
ValeeLove:

First of all, you assume that WWE compels only its female wrestlers to wear make-up as if make-up is not something that we all know that a lot of women like to use. Second, you assume that only the female wrestlers use make-up, when it is a thing that every TV personality uses regardless of gender.

Third, your assumption that female footballers don't use makeup is wrong. I did some basic research and that just isn't true:

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 5:23pm On May 26, 2023
ValeeLove:

Are you going to ask why male wrestlers take steroids to look as jacked as possible? Or why they oil themselves?

I have no problem with people coming with legitimate criticism about the current state of women's wrestling but this just isn't it.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 5:34pm On May 26, 2023
CR7 coming to acknowledge RR1000

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2023
CoolUsername:
CR7 coming to acknowledge RR1000
Ronaldo vs Reigns at SummerSlam to determine which R is greater. Book it, Hunter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:42pm On May 26, 2023
Kaycee7:
Ronaldo vs Reigns at SummerSlam to determine which R is greater. Book it, Hunter

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2023
pu7pl3:

Yes, yes I do
nice pics, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. So you prove me wrong, some - maybe a small minute fraction of female players - do it. And from the pics shown - including the ones below - it's a weird practice, it's counter-productive and it's done comparatively subtly. An eye-liner isn't on the same level with a full heavy makeup WWE women use. You see these women in the gym, and they are all natural (because they have common sense), but when it's time to wrestle, they all look like they are planning to attend AMVCA. So in the gym you know makeup is useless, but in a match you don't think so? That's how I know it's not their choice.
Then the hair is always short or packed for sports athelete - even the ones with the makeup you showed me, but for the women and even men in E it's a whole lot of hair done by the best stylists for a wrestling match. The thing is not making sense please.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:50pm On May 26, 2023
CoolUsername:

Are you going to ask why male wrestlers take steroids to look as jacked as possible? Or why they oil themselves?

I have no problem with people coming with legitimate criticism about the current state of women's wrestling but this just isn't it.
how is steroids related to this topic. Isn't it banned in sports and wrestling?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:04pm On May 26, 2023
ValeeLove:
nice pics, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. So you prove me wrong, some - maybe a small minute fraction of female players - do it. And from the pics shown - including the ones below - it's a weird practice, it's counter-productive and it's done comparatively subtly. An eye-liner isn't on the same level with a full heavy makeup WWE women use. You see these women in the gym, and they are all natural (because they have common sense), but when it's time to wrestle, they all look like they are planning to attend AMVCA. So in the gym you know makeup is useless, but in a match you don't think so? That's how I know it's not their choice.
Then the hair is always short or packed for sports athelete - even the ones with the makeup you showed me, but for the women and even men in E it's a whole lot of hair done by the best stylists for a wrestling match. The thing is not making sense please.

The goal is to kick ass and look good while doing it
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 10:38pm On May 26, 2023
ValeeLove:
how is steroids related to this topic. Isn't it banned in sports and wrestling?

You're the one talking about wrestlers' aesthetic choices
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:40pm On May 26, 2023
pu7pl3:

The goal is to kick ass and look good while doing it
if looking good like that was the goal, Brock would have cleared that squirrel on his face and wear a suit often. Besides they can look just the right 'good' by coming out natural. The phoniness needs to leave Pro-wrestling ASAP.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:56pm On May 26, 2023
CoolUsername:

You're the one talking about wrestlers' aesthetic choices
aren't they banned in sports? Second, they enhance strength, size and looks, in a way that can actually influence a combat. I don't see how makeup can compare. Accept this truth and watch what you like. We can only hope these guys fix the problems in pro-wrestling.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:13pm On May 26, 2023
Meanwhile if Seth vs AJ doesn't main event Night Of Champions then the belt is simply nothing more than a consolation prize (as AJ recently claimed in an interview). And no one should tell me about any storyline. A world title is a world title, a tag title is a tag title. Let everything know it's place.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 1:33am On May 27, 2023
ValeeLove:
aren't they banned in sports? Second, they enhance strength, size and looks, in a way that can actually influence a combat. I don't see how makeup can compare. Accept this truth and watch what you like. We can only hope these guys fix the problems in pro-wrestling.

What about oiling? They oil themselves to make their their muscles stand out. Dies this also expose the business and make it look funny?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2023
So AJ vs Seth is starting the show. So much for 2nd equal World title. This needs to stop in wrestling (along side many other things). World titles are gradually becoming a cliché. They need to be taken seriously again. Who now believes that belt is on the level of the UWU title when it's going to have it's spot taken by the tag team titles. It's ridiculous.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2023
CoolUsername:

What about oiling? They oil themselves to make their their muscles stand out. Dies this also expose the business and make it look funny?
it's really simple. If it doesn't happen in real sports or have any logical backing to it, then yes it makes wrestling look phony. This is the least of the things I don't like in pro-wrestling. Wait till I talk about how 'hardcore' wrestling doesn't belong in pro-wrestling.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Jokerman(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2023
So the Bloodline is over now?🥺
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 11:35pm On May 27, 2023
ValeeLove:
it's really simple. If it doesn't happen in real sports or have any logical backing to it, then yes it makes wrestling look phony. This is the least of the things I don't like in pro-wrestling. Wait till I talk about how 'hardcore' wrestling doesn't belong in pro-wrestling.

Pro wrestling is fake and has always been fake. Watch amateur wrestling or MMA if you want real combat.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by triggaSG(m): 7:51am On May 28, 2023
Just take a break. One day of you doing something else. This isn't how to live life.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:33am On May 28, 2023
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

The Bloodline’s issues continued into this week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown, with an early backstage segment showing Roman Reigns inviting The Usos to his 1000 day championship celebration ceremony next week. He wants the whole family there, you see.
Jimmy Uso responded like this made things normal, and he wanted to go eat so off he went. Or attempted to go. Reigns, of course, was none too pleased with what he took as another open display of disrespect.
So he got in his face and tested him. Again. That’s becoming a habit lately, more so with Jimmy than Jey, which is worth pointing out as it happens more and more.
Reigns flat out told Jimmy he was good at acting tough but he beat him up when they were young and he’d beat him up again now. Jimmy looked close to throwing hands, but Jey pulled him off and they went their separate ways.
For now.
Reigns, for his part, was great here. Not overacting like he’s prone to, but a genuinely scary dude inviting violence from someone he feels superior to. Jimmy has a long way to go before he evokes the same kind of feeling Jey has in his story, but he’s well on his way already.
Later in the evening, when it came time for Reigns and Solo Sikoa to join Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn on “The KO Show,” The Usos hit the ring first. Owens was glad for that, because he wanted to talk to them.
He said it loud and proud: Sami was right about everything. He was right all along. He called Jimmy & Jey the greatest tag team of all time but they’ve become errand boys for Reigns. Jimmy’s response was to say “when it comes to the Day 1’s, I am the Tribal Chief.”
Paul Heyman was SHOCKED.
Wade Barrett wondered aloud, “What the hell was Jimmy Uso thinking?”
Reigns hit the ring and knocked the microphone out of both Jimmy and Jey’s hands, staring them straight in the face while doing so. Zayn told him The Bloodline is over and it’s all his fault, so Roman knocked the mic out of his hand too.
This was tense.
A Stunner from Owens led to a melee and by the time all was said and done, The Bloodline were left standing tall. Jimmy picked up two of the tag team titles left in the ring. Reigns put his hand out, demanding he give them up. The crowd wanted a turn here.
It didn’t come.
Instead, Jey pulled Jimmy back, took the titles himself, and handed them to Reigns with his head tilted down. A show of submission. Of respect. The 1’s went in the air … except for Jimmy.
The cracks grow ever larger.

All the rest
-Austin Theory retained the United States championship by rolling up Sheamus thanks to a distraction from Pretty Deadly. It wasn’t played like Theory was in cahoots with the recent NXT call ups but rather like Kit & Elton were simply going after The Brawling Brutes. The match was fine, but it was clear they weren’t doing a title change here and felt predictable to the point of boring. It didn’t help that it was taped, of course.

-Raquel Rodriguez & Shotzi defeated Bayley & IYO SKY in a short match that had a bizarre finish that made the bad gals look downright goofy. They called it a miscommunication but SKY came off the top, hit Rodriguez in the back while aiming for Shotzi farther out, but Rodriguez was on Bayley in such a way that she simply held her down for the pin while SKY looked confused and just did a circle with her arms thrown up. That’s how they lost. I suppose it continues the theme of Bayley and SKY not meshing the best, but they could have done better to get there.

-Hit Row had a new look this week, wearing all white ski masks. It didn’t matter. They were there to be fodder for Cameron Grimes, who scored yet another quick victory in just his second main roster bout. After, he was attacked from behind by Baron Corbin, so that’s going to be a full blown feud. It’s too early to try to read too much into any of this.

-Bianca Belair cut a promo on Asuka, saying she plans to straight up fight her at Night of Champions after all the mist attacks and disrespect. Asuka is unhinged, and she’s going to meet her there. Naturally, this led to a surprise attack. Belair actually managed to get the better of it, only missing on a Kiss of Death because officials were in the ring and caught Asuka on the way down. She bailed out laughing about it. Thankfully the match will be good because the build really hasn’t been much to write home about.

-LA Knight turned on Rick BOOGS after their tag team match last week, so they had a singles match against each other this week. BOOGS had very little to offer, and was put down with the BFT and pinned clean. The Street Profits were on commentary for this, and Knight grabbed a microphone saying if they talked much more trash he’d “make change out of both your five dollar asses.” It sure felt like they wanted to keep the issue going here but Knight is clearly a singles star in the making and they should be continuing on with that path.

-Karrion Kross pulled AJ Styles’ tarot card last week, so he took his shot this week. His timing couldn’t be worse. Styles pinned him clean with the Phenomenal Forearm. This after Michin acted as an equalizer and took Scarlett out of the equation. It’s hard seeing much of a future for Kross if this is how they continue booking him. But, hey, someone had to heat up Styles just before he wrestles for the world heavyweight championship.

This was a taped show, which meant nothing got all that much time to breathe. Still, it wasn’t a bad show and had some big storyline beats for the top group in the promotion.

Grade: B-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 1:16pm On May 28, 2023
CoolUsername:

Pro wrestling is fake and has always been fake. Watch amateur wrestling or MMA if you want real combat.
pro-wrestling isn't fake. It's just sport and entertainment.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2023
WWE NOC REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Long Kiss Goodnight
“I’m doing what you should’ve done a long time ago.”
Jimmy Uso never fully bought in to the Tribal Chief hype. That’s important because without that knowledge, everything that transpired during the Undisputed Tag Team Championship match at Night of Champions doesn’t mean as much. And you’ll go cross-eyed at everything I write after this sentence.
I understand the criticism from corners of internet.com that Roman Reigns’ matches follow a pattern that becomes tiresome. I feel you but I can’t reach you. And the reason I can’t is because that’s where the drama comes into play. The reason Roman Reigns’ matches feel bigger than everyone else’s—including the newly crowned World Heavyweight champ—is the story and character work. There’s always a place in wrestling for cats working their butts off in the ring and doing move on top of move.
But drama brought WWE to the big kids’ table in the 1980s and made them bigger than Monday Night Football in the late ‘90s. Think about that for a moment. WWE was, at one time, as big or bigger than the NFL. And it wasn’t because Steve Austin, The Rock, or Mankind gave everyone 5 star matches on a regular basis. They, along with a host of others from that era, understood what everyone involved in this Bloodline saga understands:
Human drama matters more than anything else.
That’s why as soon as Jimmy & Jey Uso hit the ring, I quoted Mr. Burns.
For a minute, it looked like some invisible hand might confirm Sami Zayn’s fear that no matter what, Roman finds a way. The Usos buried KO under an announce table and dispatched Sami. And in a callback to WrestleMania when Solo Sikoa almost Spiked his brother simply because he showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time, Jimmy & Jey almost Super Kicked their little brother off this earth.
And that, dear reader, is when the brown stuff hit the fan.
Little things count. The looks on their faces. The look on Paul Heyman’s face. The rage on Roman’s face. But while Jey looked distraught, Jimmy didn’t. Jimmy looked like he meant to do it. So when Roman got in their faces and yet again mushed Jimmy in his face, I knew the big Uce had a receipt waiting for his cousin.
The fact Roman put hands on Jey made that receipt even heftier, as Jimmy gave Roman the first of two Super Kicks heard ‘round the world. Jey, almost as shocked as I was at the fact we have a new Raw Women’s champ, asked his brother why. And that’s when Jimmy said those words up top that I felt in my bones.
Besides the fact that no man watches someone else get physical with their brother, Jimmy did the right thing. Jimmy always saw through Roman’s BS. That’s why the second Super Kick to Roman’s jaw hit harder than the first. Jimmy’s primal scream echoed throughout Jeddah and said more than any words. This percolated for months and Jimmy felt great finally letting it out.
That said, the brothers reached the point of no return. There’s no coming back from this. There’s no apologizing to the Tribal Chief, nor any talking it out as a misunderstanding. Jimmy and a visibly torn Jey left the arena, and presumably the country, fully understanding what this means.
Maybe Sami sparked something in Jimmy. Or perhaps it was Sami, combined with Roman’s overall crappiness that put him over the edge. Jey, however, now finds himself right where this whole thing started:
Stuck between his brother and his powerful cousin.
Jimmy’s out of the Bloodline because duh. Jey still has an out though since he didn’t actually do anything. I foresee Roman playing the same tune he did many moons ago as he puts two brothers against each other for his own amusement and gain.
Will we get a different result this time?
This Bloodline saga keeps getting better and I’m a little sad it’s almost at the end of its lifeline. There’s nothing like it in professional sports entertainment and we’re all better as a result.
Oh yeah, and KO & Sami retained while Sami gloated at the full blown fire his simple spark caused.
For my Hip Hop fans, Pusha T once warned Drake about a “surgical summer.” Someone better tell Roman the same thing.

B-Sides
The Champ
I wrote that WWE telegraphed Seth Rollins’ upcoming championship reign. Along with that, I said I wish they leaned less into making it so obvious.
In the end, they left that part to Seth and AJ Styles, who put on a very dope opening match for the World Heavyweight Championship. The start told a story in itself when AJ came out the gate like he prepped for a sneaker drop, which caught Seth completely off guard. There’s an argument, and commentary acknowledged said argument, that Seth spent too much time focused on Roman or extracurricular activities, and less on AJ. That brief moment spoke to that and apparently got Seth in the game.
From there, it was counter against counter and a battle of two guys who apparently scouted each other extremely well over the course of their respective careers.
The turning point, and you know we needed one, came when Seth tweaked his knee on a Suicide Dive. That either set up the window for an AJ win or Seth overcoming the odds. And they handled that pretty well until the ending.
Seth’s knee buckled on a Stomp attempt, highlighting how wrecked that knee was. Then, after a couple exchanges with AJ, Seth hits a Pedigree. He landed on that knee and seemingly further injured it. But then he went for the Stomp again—adrenaline I’m told—and three seconds later, we have an inaugural/new World Heavyweight champ.
My issue isn’t with Seth winning but just the knee angle injury. If the knee buckles under pressure from Seth lightly jogging towards AJ’s head, then feels more pain after Seth crashes down on it, then let’s go for a different finish than the Stomp. That’s a minor quibble with a matchup between two guys who clearly know what to do in the squared circle. But sometimes those minor things take something from good to great.

Oh Yeah
Let’s get this out the way: Trish Stratus looked good. For her first solo match in many moons, she looked like she never lost a step. The lone puzzling moment in the match came courtesy of Becky Lynch’s Boston Crab attempt. For some reason, The Man never sat down on the Crab yet Trish screamed in agony. I guess Becky’s grip is no joke and something worth crying over.
Trish even got some trash talking in as she dominated most of the match. The trash talking doesn’t surprise me but her dominance does. Not to say Becky got no offense in, obviously, but if they awarded matches on points, I had Trish ahead by quite a lot.
Here’s the story though: When Becky looked ready for a comeback, Zoey Stark came from under the ring apron and hit the former champ with a Z-360! Zoey tossed Becky back in the ring where Trish waited with a Stratusfaction.
Trish and Zoey left the ring together while Becky stood angry with possibly another broken nose. Trish did say that’s the only way she gets over...
All joking aside, I like this move. Trish helps Zoey get over, Zoey gets the rub working with Becky, and they possibly bring one former NXT star into the fold to make it even. And I’m intrigued about the kayfabe version these two joined forces. Good match with an intriguing ending.

Ali Bomaye
No, Mustafa Ali didn’t win. Yes, GUNTHER’s historic reign continues. But Ali looked incredible in a very big spot. I don’t think anyone watching expected any less but the man deserves his props. GUNTHER helped in the affair as well, selling for him and helping prove that, despite GUNTHER’s words, Ali does belong.
If this match had one purpose it was that, and it surpassed that with flying colors. For a moment, if only a small one, I thought Ali might pull off the impossible. The fact that both men got me that invested proves they did their jobs exceptionally well.

Came Back For You
Wow. I’m still stunned. That was my initial reaction when Asuka defeated Bianca Belair. Was it a clean win? Of course not. But it was incredibly creative. Asuka doused her fingers in mist and played dead when Bianca attempted a KOD. Asuka raked Bianca’s eyes with all that mist on her fingers, and that was it. A couple kicks to the back of Bianca’s head added insult to injury and we have a new Raw Women’s champ.
Shocking finish aside, I dug the match a whole lot. Asuka playing the heel brought a different side out of Bianca and they wrestled a very different match. Much more physical, more violent, and it felt a lot more personal.
I’m still stunned over the result. I liked it a lot but whew, I can’t believe they did it.
Also? Shoutout to Michael Cole for the Play Misty for Me reference. As a horror geek, I approve of any deep cut reference to 70s horror.

Daaam!
Well...Happy birthday to Nattie!
I barely got finished easing myself before the ref counted three.
I guess they signaled the squash job when Cole mentioned that Nattie didn’t put importance on wining the match. Well...yeah, she showed that.
Corey Graves saying Nattie let Dom distract her because she tried getting his number made me cackle. If that happened, then yeah. Rhea did the correct thing. Don’t mess with her man.

Monkey Barz
How in the world does a one-armed man beat any man, much less Brock Lesnar?! WWE gave us the answer in the form of a titanium cast apparently wrapped around Cody’s broken arm. And after a quick trip to Suplex City, Cody found his way back into the match thanks to that equalizer. He got in a few Cross Rhodes, had several hope spots, and even survived the Kimura Lock way longer than anyone expected.
And that’s the story, isn't it? Cody survives. He’s WWE’s Timex in that he takes a licking and keeps ticking.
But like the little Kitner boy in Jaws, the inevitable struck. Cody eventually fell to the Kimura Lock. No, he didn’t tap, he just passed out from pain and the ref had no choice.
Brock won the match and got Cody over something fierce. This was a fight and Cody surviving a fight, not a wrestling match, does wonders for him. But the look in Brock’s eye after the match says it’s not over. The Beast wants blood and the fact he didn’t break Cody’s arm more or get a tap out no doubt eats at the big man.
High drama, shocking story, and a fitting finish that paves the road ahead for both men.
Can you ask for more? Well, in theory, yeah. But that just sounds greedy. Brock is a beast, hence the title “Monkey Barz.”

I almost expect big things from WWE’s PLE’s these days. Lot of rhymes in that sentence.
Anyway, this show delivered. There’s a lot of wrestling on Memorial Day weekend 2023 and WWE’s main roster raised the bar like a gym rat. And in typical fashion, their last match provided enough drama to talk about all weekend. And it’s a long weekend.
Is it Friday yet?

Grade: A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 6:25pm On May 28, 2023
ValeeLove:
pro-wrestling isn't fake. It's just sport and entertainment.

Yeah, and Santa is real and Tupac is secretly alive.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2023
CoolUsername:

Yeah, and Santa is real and Tupac is secretly alive.
you're missing the point. The fact that it's entertainment doesn't mean it should be stupid.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 10:30pm On May 28, 2023
ValeeLove:
you're missing the point. The fact that it's entertainment doesn't mean it should be stupid.

All you ever do here is shxt on wrestling. Is there anything you actually like about it?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 10:53am On May 29, 2023
CoolUsername:

All you ever do here is shxt on wrestling. Is there anything you actually like about it?
You should stop indulging him. Honestly his trolling is making the thread become really annoying.
I'd have understood if he raised genuine concerns, but he's just trolling.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 1:32pm On May 29, 2023
badinfluence:

You should stop indulging him. Honestly his trolling is making the thread become really annoying.
I'd have understood if he raised genuine concerns, but he's just trolling.

Tbh you're probably right.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:56pm On May 29, 2023
CoolUsername:

Tbh you're probably right.

I wouldn't call it trolling even though there is a fine line...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 6:43am On May 30, 2023
CoolUsername:

when I talk about that you'll know, for now it's the errors and flaws I'm ironing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.