Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (291821 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:08am On May 30, 2023
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Time 4 some Aksion
Besides qualifying matches for a big event coming our way in June, Seth Rollins took center stage this week. And why shouldn't he? He’s the new champ and Raw’s new centerpiece.
Tangling him with Raw’s other centerpiece, The Judgment Day, makes a lot of sense. Besides the Finn Balor factor, there’s Damian Priest and Rhea Ripley. Yes, Dom Dom is a very big thing as well, but he’s not an actual threat. And even before the Judgment Day hit the ring to spoil Seth’s celebration, AJ Styles showed up.
I initially rolled my eyes at that because someone important told us the brand split counts. But they actually acknowledged it within storyline! And found a logical explanation! Will wonders ever cease?
But I digress. AJ congratulated Seth, Judgment Day showed up and informed Seth they still run Raw. In fact, Rhea put it out there that she is the champ and Seth is just another guy holding a belt. I believe her too. It’s a testament to Rhea and the men who play off her that I legitimately believe she has a shot at beating the World Heavyweight champ. But Seth, on a high and with a hole in his leather pants, felt disrespected and challenged any two members of Judgment Day to a main event tag match against him and AJ.
AJ teased a little tension there with Seth, both in the ring and during their backstage segment with Adam Pearce. What comes from that tease? No clue since Adam made it very clear that he cleared hurdles to make the match happen since AJ represents the blue brand.
As for the match itself? A typical, well-wrestled, fun main event. We got this great moment between Seth and Rhea:
We also got Dom and Rhea ejected from the match because, well, duh.
There’s really not much more to say with this one. Fun match and fun ending to a solid three hours. Nothing dramatic happened during the match and it provided no obvious path forward for the new champ.
If anything, it set up potential solo challenges from Finn, Damian, or both. Damian took the pin so maybe not him first, but I do see him and Seth tangoing down the line.
I wish I had more insights here but hey, I work with what they give me.

B-Sides
Money Ain’t a Thang
I like Miz reaching into his bag for this Money in the Bank (MItB) qualifier match against Ricochet. Subtle touch that underlines its importance but also shows how much Miz respects and fears Ricochet. When do you see Miz do a Springboard Splash? I’ll wait.
Did he win? Of course not. But he got Ricochet over in a solid opening match that showcased why Ricochet belongs in the match. He also got himself a victory over a former MItB winner, so yeah, positive thoughts all around.

Get Money
I like to believe Trish Stratus and Becky Lynch flew to Raw directly from Jeddah, which explains why both women still rocked their ring gear from Night of Champions. Of course, that’s probably not the case, but let me believe.
I liked Zoey Starks’ reasoning for siding with Trish: She wants to make a statement and doesn’t want to wait in line.
Yup, that makes sense. Why wait in the back if you know someone at the front who helps you cut the line? Even someone like me, a Boy Scout most of the time, recognizes that. Trish gets her ego stroked and the pub that comes from mentoring a young wrestler. Everybody wins.
Becky showed up after Trish called her out for that mean bruise Becky created on Trish’s face, and Zoey eventually took care of The Man again.
All of that worked. Trish’s mic work though? Less so. I’m not sure why she seems adrift right now on the microphone, but I do hope she finds her footing soon. This is a big feud and she can’t go toe-to-toe with Becky in this shape.

Money on My Mind
Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens owned this entire segment. They started it hot on the mic, they kept that flames going when Imperium showed, fanned those flames when Alpha Academy popped up for their match with Imperium, and then burned down the house on commentary.
Interestingly for the tag champs, Sami admitted Roman took up a lot of mental real estate. Understandable, right? But he noted that after Night of Champions, that ends. He’s fully focused on the teams coming for those tag titles.
Listening to KO and Sami talk their way through Alpha Academy vs. Imperium filled me with joy. And we got a good match! Oh, and while I like that we finally ended the internal Alpha Academy drama now that Maxxine is firmly a part of the Academy, I do wish we saw how we got from point A to point B. Yes, she showed less hostility toward Chad Gable lately, but I still want to see the work.

I Get Money
I liked the chaos in the Four-Way Women’s Tag Team Championship match. Multiple tags, multiple direction changes, and tags that interfered with perceived momentum. That made for fast-paced action that always serves a match like this. And the match was satisfactory. Anyone of a certain age knows what that meant on report cards.
BUT, and that’s a big but, I’m not sold on the winning team. While it’s crazy that Ronda Rousey went from, well, Ronda Rousey, to just being another woman on the roster, I feel nothing for her and Shayna Baszler holding the gold. Even the Albany reaction seemed muted at best.

Money Over Bullsh*t
If you’re new to JD McDonnagh, then you now know he’s a sociopath who loves brutalizing his opponents. WWE got that over, with a lot of help from Dolph Ziggler, in a few moments.
Dolph started the match in a fury but once JD snapped the rope into his throat (ouch), that was that.
It ended in a count out since JD took way too much pleasure in destroying Dolph outside the ring than getting the victory in the ring.

Money, Power & Respect
Cody Rhodes wants Brock Lesnar one more time. And his logic makes sense: It’s 1-1, and Brock didn’t make Cody tap.
As usual, impassioned mic work from Cody. He didn’t overstay his welcome and he got to the point rather quickly.
I do hope they up the stakes for this one though. A third match between opponents, specifically a rubber match, demands a stipulation. Cage? Hell in a Cell? Anything that brings random violence. Based on Brock’s schedule and Cody’s “broken arm,” it’s possible we don’t see this until SummerSlam. And I’m fine with that. Let it cool off for a while.

It’s All About the Benjamins
For a moment, I thought Bronson Reed might walk out of Albany with a spot in the MItB match. I really did. He dominated the early moments, withstood Shinsuke Nakamura’s comeback, and rolled out of the ring after Shinsuke’s first Kinshasa.
But, as is the case lately with Bronson, he looked good. Even in defeat. He looked smart rolling out the ring, he looked gutsy surviving that first Kinshasa and crawling back in the ring before the ref counted 10, and ultimately, he only went down after taking two Kinshasas. That’s something not many men on the roster can say.
Shinsuke deserves the spot and provides an interesting combination with Ricochet.
Good match that demonstrated Shinsuke’s heart and determination.

Solid night. Raw accomplished the basics and succeeded. We even got a teaser between GUNTHER and Matt Riddle. GUNTHER really doesn’t like that man and hopes Matt wins MItB just to challenge him for the Intercontinental Championship.
Getting back to Raw, it’s not their fault they can't really follow up Night of Champions’ biggest angle. Maybe there’s something to that as Roman Reigns, once again, overshadows Seth and Monday night as a whole. Eventually, hopefully, WWE will find a compelling story for the new champ worthy of his championship and new designation.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 9:36am On May 30, 2023
ValeeLove:
when I talk about that you'll know, for now it's the errors and flaws I'm ironing.

So it's all negativity, then
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by triggaSG(m): 9:35pm On May 30, 2023
Said it then. Then say make i allow. Make baba go find hobby. Life's too short to keep following something you constantly shit on. Get some good loving into your system.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2023
CoolUsername:

So it's all negativity, then
so you'll accept if I only said positives and not negatives?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2023
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS
(I know I didn't do any recap for battleground, local man had no strength).

Apostle’s Warning
Carmelo Hayes hit the ring celebrating his win over Bron Breakker at Battleground. Cool, I can get with that. He and Trick Williams did their usual thing and Melo explained the challenge and how he overcame said challenge. Also cool.
But then Noam Dar hit the ring with his entourage in tow and my brain froze. Why is Noam, fresh off a (tainted) W over Dragon Lee, and with a new stable, challenging the NXT Champion at this moment? Then they actually made a match and my confusion remained. I knew Noam vs. Melo sounded like a one night only thing, even as a championship match. I even understood the story logic that Melo got goaded into a match against his better judgment.
The main event started and I still wondered about the endgame. After Battleground, I noted the importance of Melo’s post-Bron feud. Noam, as cool as he is, isn’t it. Especially while establishing his new stable. To that point, I liked the interaction between Oro Mensah, Lash Legend, and Jakara Jackson. Trick put them all over for different reasons that explain their value and roles within this group. Lo and behold, he fell for their chicanery during the main event and got ejected.
At that point, it’s Melo vs four people. Even with the odds against him, I never picked against the champ. My spider-sense went crazy though because I felt something big happening with Melo all by his lonesome.
Nathan Frazer and Dragon Lee made an appearance too. They evened those odds and resumed their beef against Noam. After he cheated during the Heritage Cup match, of course that’s not over yet.
That distraction and disruption gave Melo his second wind and helped him get the W. That’s it, right? Melo celebrates the fact he did it without Trick, shows some respect to Nathan & Dragon, while Noam turns his attention right back to his main enemies.
NAH AH, as Steve Austin might say.
While Melo walked to the locker room and turned his back towards the entrance, a bum ass man accosted him from behind.
Baron Corbin is back in NXT.
I love this move. It puts Melo against a dangerous veteran, a true heel, a big man, and presents different challenges than his previous opponents. To say nothing of the fact it’s easy believing Baron might defeat Melo and take that championship.
NXT showed the beauty of WWE’s free agent designation tonight. Putting Baron in this spot as opposed to the other WWE vet who showed up in Florida makes so much sense. Baron will hopefully do for Melo what Dolph Ziggler did for Bron. If he does, everybody wins.

B-Sides
How About Some Hardcore
Props to Jacy Jayne for starting this match appropriately. I hate when wrestlers start blood feud matches just like any other match in which they compete. She attacked Gigi during Gigi’s entrance and made her choice early. What choice is that?
Violence.
And they delivered on that choice throughout the match. Baseball bats wrapped in rose thorns, cannonballs into trash cans, chains, tigers, bears, oh my! Fittingly, Toxic Attraction ended their partnership, officially, in the most toxic way possible.
Shoutout to both women for putting their bodies on the line and laying it in to each other. Gigi got the win—the right call—thanks to choke slamming Jacy off the cage into a table.
The one thing that annoyed me about the match? Booker T! Book started the match concerned. He said as much to Vic Joseph. But as soon as Jacy attacked Gigi, that concern went out the window quicker than PM Dawn getting thrown off that stage back in the day. Book’s commentary felt inconsistent the whole time.
Guess that’s what happens when your diet consist of no bread, no water, and just meat.

Intro
I wondered what of Mustafa Ali after his impressive showing against GUNTHER at Night of Champions.
Well, now we know.
Ali showed up at the Performance Center during the impromptu tag match between The Dyad and Wes Lee & Tyler Bate. Yes, Tyler & Wes are back on the same page after Tyler proved he still has his friend’s back. Aw, that warms my heart.
But the real story is Ali. After the very solid tag match, in which Tyler got the W for his team, Joe Gacy showed his face and attacked Wes.
Guess who made the save? Mustafa Ali.
He either wants Wes’ championship or he has beef with Joe. My money is on the former but seeing as how Joe Gacy is, well, Joe Gacy, I got no issue with the latter either.
Ali in NXT sounds brilliant through and I hope he shines.

The Promise
Tiffany Stratton’s celebration promo lacked something. Calling it rough is an understatement. While I like Tiffany’s work in the ring and adore her character work, she rarely cuts the live promo by herself in the middle of the ring. She’s awesome playing off someone but still jagged around the edges on the solo tip. Which is fine, she’ll get there.
While promising that she might retire as NXT Women’s Champion since she sees herself as a forever champion, she announced a battle royal next week for a number one contender spot. Of course, this announcement put a bullseye on her back because all the women surrounding the ring almost beat each other just to put hands on Tiffany.
I like them constantly reminding us that the locker room hates her guts. That means beating her isn’t just about the championship but also about shutting her mouth. After that promo, maybe that’s not such a bad idea.
Okay that was mean but I saw the easy shot and took it. I apologize.

Problem
I swore Gallus admitted they snitched on Tony D’Angelo. This week, they made it seem like that’s not the case when Stacks confronted them. NXT might have a mystery on their hands. While the Don sits in a holding cell, Stacks took on Joe Coffey out of anger and thirsting for revenge.
It was okay but not only did I want something longer, but I preferred a non-finish actually. Stacks believes Joe put his friend in jail. He said “snitches get stitches.” Therefore, this feels like something that ends in a no contest because inflicting pain, not getting the W, is his goal.
To that end, however, one might argue Stacks caused himself the W when he tried getting too violent and let his emotions get the better of him. That’s a problem for anyone but certainly someone facing Joe Coffy.
Obviously this isn’t over but I disagree with this first installment in a however long saga.

As I Come Back
While I’m sure some of you know this already since internet.com spoiled it, but Blair Davenport is back in town.
NXT’s masked woman is masked no more as she attacked Dani Palmer and put the roster on notice.

When U Hear The
Cora Jade and Ivy Nile battled but the story is Ava, once again, interfering. She cost Ivy the match and finally, finally we get a match between these two next week. I’m amazed it took this long, honestly, but glad it’s happening.

I’m rather lukewarm on this episode. I loved the beginning and the ending, but the middle parts felt inconsistent. I appreciate forward progress and the news that came from the show, but some backstage segments left me wanting and some live segments didn’t quite hit. But it’s also a table setting episode because next week looks impressive on paper.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 6:47pm On May 31, 2023
ValeeLove:
so you'll accept if I only said positives and not negatives?

You've never said anything positive.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2023
CoolUsername:

You've never said anything positive.
chill, you don't know whether I'm going to say any positives or not (besides all over this thread is filled with positive remarks that I don't know why you'd want to hear it from me again), but if I say the positives will you listen to the negatives too?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 11:21pm On May 31, 2023
ValeeLove:
chill, you don't know whether I'm going to say any positives or not (besides all over this thread is filled with positive remarks that I don't know why you'd want to hear it from me again), but if I say the positives will you listen to the negatives too?

Your criticism hold less value when all you post is in one direction, positive or negative. Most people posting on the wrestling thread are wrestling fans who actually enjoy the craft. So, we talk what we like and don't like about the shows. You only talk about what you don't like—it's predictable. It would actually be interesting if you were to talk about what you do like for a change.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 11:50pm On May 31, 2023
Another one for the Tribal Chief to collect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:38am On Jun 01, 2023
CoolUsername:
Another one for the Tribal Chief to collect

wtf grin grin

This one is Kayfabe promax
😂😂😂
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
CoolUsername:

Your criticism hold less value when all you post is in one direction, positive or negative. Most people posting on the wrestling thread are wrestling fans who actually enjoy the craft. So, we talk what we like and don't like about the shows. You only talk about what you don't like—it's predictable. It would actually be interesting if you were to talk about what you do like for a change.
it's one thing to look at someone's work and make criticisms and render valid opinions; it's also another thing to spot something that is wrong with someone's work that should be very unexpected, and commonsensically glaring. For instance; the issue of women putting on make up and having extravagant hair styles for their matches, you want me to jump that one and start analyzing the matches Becky and Trish are having? That's impossible, because there is a level of professionalism that is expected from these companies before we can begin to argue whether their work is good or not; and it's safe to say that right now no single company is operating on that level, not when Bianca wrestles with an outrageously long ponytail. Keep it logical, make it make sense, then we can start criticism and analysis proper.
You can't come and tell AEW that their wrestlers use too much blood and spots when even WWE wrestlers still read from scripts.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
pu7pl3:

wtf grin grin

This one is Kayfabe promax
😂😂😂

In a thrilling Hell in a Cell match, Satan was able lock the Hell's Gate on Odumeje. However, Odumeje fight back to his feet and hit Satan with Crucifix Powerbomb for the three count.

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
ValeeLove:
it's one thing to look at someone's work and make criticisms and render valid opinions; it's also another thing to spot something that is wrong with someone's work that should be very unexpected, and commonsensically glaring. For instance; the issue of women putting on make up and having extravagant hair styles for their matches, you want me to jump that one and start analyzing the matches Becky and Trish are having? That's impossible, because there is a level of professionalism that is expected from these companies before we can begin to argue whether their work is good or not; and it's safe to say that right now no single company is operating on that level, not when Bianca wrestles with an outrageously long ponytail. Keep it logical, make it make sense, then we can start criticism and analysis proper.
You can't come and tell AEW that their wrestlers use too much blood and spots when even WWE wrestlers still read from scripts.

This again? You were awfully quite when we showed you evidence of other female athletes doing the same. Furthermore, Bianca Belair still performs amazing feats of strength and athleticism with the ponytail.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
CoolUsername:

In a thrilling Hell in a Cell match, Satan was able lock the Hell's Gate on Odumeje. However, Odumeje fight back to his feet and hit Satan with Crucifix Powerbomb for the three count.

A true underdog story
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
CoolUsername:

This again? You were awfully quite when we showed you evidence of other female athletes doing the same. Furthermore, Bianca Belair still performs amazing feats of strength and athleticism with the ponytail.
I wasn't quiet. Go back and check the comments. But I'll repeat it again for you; first off those makeups were subtle (intentionally, cos even the athletes knew it to be very weird), second it was done by a minute non-noticable number of people. Why? Cos it doesn't make sense to wear makeup for a sport event. Have you seen Sting or Goldust after a match? Half of their face paint is gone. This is logic. The sweat, scratches, bruises...etc, are reasons it makes no sense to wear makeup in a sports event; coupled with the fact that it could be distractive and counter-productive. Also the hair, even the ladies with little eyeliners still pack their hair. So why is Charlotte's hair exotic and all over the place and why is Bianca's ponytail outrageously long. Can you answer that?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
ValeeLove:
I wasn't quiet. Go back and check the comments. But I'll repeat it again for you; first off those makeups were subtle (intentionally, cos even the athletes knew it to be very weird), second it was done by a minute non-noticable number of people. Why? Cos it doesn't make sense to wear makeup for a sport event. Have you seen Sting or Goldust after a match? Half of their face paint is gone. This is logic. The sweat, scratches, bruises...etc, are reasons it makes no sense to wear makeup in a sports event; coupled with the fact that it could be distractive and counter-productive. Also the hair, even the ladies with little eyeliners still pack their hair. So why is Charlotte's hair exotic and all over the place and why is Bianca's ponytail outrageously long. Can you answer that?

Charlotte is one of the best female wrestlers of all time even with the makeup, hair, surgery or whatever. So it definitely hasn't been counter-productive to her work.

But why is it still only the women? Is it that the men don't carry exotic hairstyles at all? Have you heard of Ink Inc.? Even outside wrestling footballers carry exotic hairstyles all the time.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
pu7pl3:
(I know I didn't do any recap for battleground, local man had no strength).

Apostle’s Warning
Carmelo Hayes hit the ring celebrating his win over Bron Breakker at Battleground. Cool, I can get with that. He and Trick Williams did their usual thing and Melo explained the challenge and how he overcame said challenge. Also cool.
But then Noam Dar hit the ring with his entourage in tow and my brain froze. Why is Noam, fresh off a (tainted) W over Dragon Lee, and with a new stable, challenging the NXT Champion at this moment? Then they actually made a match and my confusion remained. I knew Noam vs. Melo sounded like a one night only thing, even as a championship match. I even understood the story logic that Melo got goaded into a match against his better judgment.
The main event started and I still wondered about the endgame. After Battleground, I noted the importance of Melo’s post-Bron feud. Noam, as cool as he is, isn’t it. Especially while establishing his new stable. To that point, I liked the interaction between Oro Mensah, Lash Legend, and Jakara Jackson. Trick put them all over for different reasons that explain their value and roles within this group. Lo and behold, he fell for their chicanery during the main event and got ejected.
At that point, it’s Melo vs four people. Even with the odds against him, I never picked against the champ. My spider-sense went crazy though because I felt something big happening with Melo all by his lonesome.
Nathan Frazer and Dragon Lee made an appearance too. They evened those odds and resumed their beef against Noam. After he cheated during the Heritage Cup match, of course that’s not over yet.
That distraction and disruption gave Melo his second wind and helped him get the W. That’s it, right? Melo celebrates the fact he did it without Trick, shows some respect to Nathan & Dragon, while Noam turns his attention right back to his main enemies.
NAH AH, as Steve Austin might say.
While Melo walked to the locker room and turned his back towards the entrance, a bum ass man accosted him from behind.
Baron Corbin is back in NXT.
I love this move. It puts Melo against a dangerous veteran, a true heel, a big man, and presents different challenges than his previous opponents. To say nothing of the fact it’s easy believing Baron might defeat Melo and take that championship.
NXT showed the beauty of WWE’s free agent designation tonight. Putting Baron in this spot as opposed to the other WWE vet who showed up in Florida makes so much sense. Baron will hopefully do for Melo what Dolph Ziggler did for Bron. If he does, everybody wins.

B-Sides
How About Some Hardcore
Props to Jacy Jayne for starting this match appropriately. I hate when wrestlers start blood feud matches just like any other match in which they compete. She attacked Gigi during Gigi’s entrance and made her choice early. What choice is that?
Violence.
And they delivered on that choice throughout the match. Baseball bats wrapped in rose thorns, cannonballs into trash cans, chains, tigers, bears, oh my! Fittingly, Toxic Attraction ended their partnership, officially, in the most toxic way possible.
Shoutout to both women for putting their bodies on the line and laying it in to each other. Gigi got the win—the right call—thanks to choke slamming Jacy off the cage into a table.
The one thing that annoyed me about the match? Booker T! Book started the match concerned. He said as much to Vic Joseph. But as soon as Jacy attacked Gigi, that concern went out the window quicker than PM Dawn getting thrown off that stage back in the day. Book’s commentary felt inconsistent the whole time.
Guess that’s what happens when your diet consist of no bread, no water, and just meat.

Intro
I wondered what of Mustafa Ali after his impressive showing against GUNTHER at Night of Champions.
Well, now we know.
Ali showed up at the Performance Center during the impromptu tag match between The Dyad and Wes Lee & Tyler Bate. Yes, Tyler & Wes are back on the same page after Tyler proved he still has his friend’s back. Aw, that warms my heart.
But the real story is Ali. After the very solid tag match, in which Tyler got the W for his team, Joe Gacy showed his face and attacked Wes.
Guess who made the save? Mustafa Ali.
He either wants Wes’ championship or he has beef with Joe. My money is on the former but seeing as how Joe Gacy is, well, Joe Gacy, I got no issue with the latter either.
Ali in NXT sounds brilliant through and I hope he shines.

The Promise
Tiffany Stratton’s celebration promo lacked something. Calling it rough is an understatement. While I like Tiffany’s work in the ring and adore her character work, she rarely cuts the live promo by herself in the middle of the ring. She’s awesome playing off someone but still jagged around the edges on the solo tip. Which is fine, she’ll get there.
While promising that she might retire as NXT Women’s Champion since she sees herself as a forever champion, she announced a battle royal next week for a number one contender spot. Of course, this announcement put a bullseye on her back because all the women surrounding the ring almost beat each other just to put hands on Tiffany.
I like them constantly reminding us that the locker room hates her guts. That means beating her isn’t just about the championship but also about shutting her mouth. After that promo, maybe that’s not such a bad idea.
Okay that was mean but I saw the easy shot and took it. I apologize.

Problem
I swore Gallus admitted they snitched on Tony D’Angelo. This week, they made it seem like that’s not the case when Stacks confronted them. NXT might have a mystery on their hands. While the Don sits in a holding cell, Stacks took on Joe Coffey out of anger and thirsting for revenge.
It was okay but not only did I want something longer, but I preferred a non-finish actually. Stacks believes Joe put his friend in jail. He said “snitches get stitches.” Therefore, this feels like something that ends in a no contest because inflicting pain, not getting the W, is his goal.
To that end, however, one might argue Stacks caused himself the W when he tried getting too violent and let his emotions get the better of him. That’s a problem for anyone but certainly someone facing Joe Coffy.
Obviously this isn’t over but I disagree with this first installment in a however long saga.

As I Come Back
While I’m sure some of you know this already since internet.com spoiled it, but Blair Davenport is back in town.
NXT’s masked woman is masked no more as she attacked Dani Palmer and put the roster on notice.

When U Hear The
Cora Jade and Ivy Nile battled but the story is Ava, once again, interfering. She cost Ivy the match and finally, finally we get a match between these two next week. I’m amazed it took this long, honestly, but glad it’s happening.

I’m rather lukewarm on this episode. I loved the beginning and the ending, but the middle parts felt inconsistent. I appreciate forward progress and the news that came from the show, but some backstage segments left me wanting and some live segments didn’t quite hit. But it’s also a table setting episode because next week looks impressive on paper.

So much to talk about here...

First off, King Corbin is back on NXT! I love it when The veterans have an NXT run, it's always a good idea to let the rookie spar with more experienced workers. The A Champion has something to learn from the last man to pin Roman Reigns.

Secondly, I just want to say that while the boys seem to prefer Gigi Dolin, Jacy Jane has her beaten in both in-ring and character work.

Third, Tiffany Stratton as the NXT Women's Champion is a great development. She is the future of the women's division. Too bad about the promo, though.

Finally, Tony D needs more interesting feuds. I loved the gang war story with Santos Escobar but everything since then has paled in comparison. They can do better than this with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:35am On Jun 03, 2023
CoolUsername:

So much to talk about here...

First off, King Corbin is back on NXT! I love it when The veterans have an NXT run, it's always a good idea to let the rookie spar with more experienced workers. The A Champion has something to learn from the last man to pin Roman Reigns.

Secondly, I just want to say that while the boys seem to prefer Gigi Dolin, Jacy Jane has her beaten in both in-ring and character work.

Third, Tiffany Stratton as the NXT Women's Champion is a great development. She is the future of the women's division. Too bad about the promo, though.

Finally, Tony D needs more interesting feuds. I loved the gang war story with Santos Escobar but everything since then has paled in comparison. They can do better than this with him.

Your point of Gigi and Jacy is 100% true.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2023
Someone should help me by answering this; how is it still Undisputed when there is another world champion in the same company?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2023
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Early in the evening during Friday Night SmackDown this week, Paul Heyman told Solo Sikoa they need to make this night special for Roman Reigns. It was the big 1000 day celebration, after all.
Later, Adam Pierce told Heyman he enlisted security (who never stop anything, ever) to ensure that The Usos, whose travel was also cancelled (which is pretty funny, considering WWE doesn’t pay for travel), wouldn’t interfere with the big celebration. I only point this out because, well, there was literally zero security for the main event segment. I guess he meant around the building to protect them from getting in, but even that doesn’t work because they didn’t come through the crowd, they made a full blown entrance through the curtain, with their theme song playing and everything.
When it came time for the celebration itself, none other than Triple H hit the scene to welcome us to it. He was there because he had something special to present to Reigns:
I might miss Reigns holding up two titles in that iconic way he always did, but it’s good to know they’re finally doing something about it.
Then it came time to get to the good stuff — The Usos showing up to confront Reigns following the events of Night of Champions.
Naturally, Reigns demanded Jey kick Jimmy in the face to “make things right” but Jimmy fired right back and made clear there’s no fixing this. Reigns is a user, and an abuser, and a manipulator. He didn’t do what he did to Reigns to be the leader of The Bloodline, he did it to be a brother, and a brother loves and uplifts and supports his own.
He made an appeal to Solo Sikoa, who appeared to think it over.
Reigns gave him a choice.
“I acknowledge you, my Tribal Chief. But those two are my brothers.”
And he switched sides.
Reigns went to step to Jimmy, and got his face pushed. And hot damn it felt impossibly good to see it happen the other way this time. But then a surprise — Jey jumped in between them and said they gotta be better than this. They’re family. They’re brothers. They should run this whole place together, united, but with respect for each other. Jimmy agreed, and made his appeal to Reigns.
And Roman, after his own deep think on it, gave him a hug.
But then he said “no.”
And then stepped back, stared in his eyes, and waited for what came next.
Solo hitting him with a Spike.
That’s a swerve that you could see coming if you were looking for it but this story is good enough that you don’t even want to look for it. You just let yourself get swept up in it, and you’re almost always better off for having done so.
The battle lines have been drawn.
As they walked to the back, Paul Heyman could be heard asking Reigns “what about Jey?”
“Jey’s going to do what he always does — he’ll fall in line.”
I cannot say enough good things about all of this. Everyone involved in this story has been hitting a home run every time they’ve been asked to do so. It’s not just that they hit all the major beats but they do a ton of little things really well too, in such a way that you can rewatch this later and find something new and awesome every time.

All the rest
-I quite enjoyed that Austin Theory was the first person in the ring for this episode and after they showed him there with a mic, they still cut to a video package for Roman Reigns. Theory cut a generic promo before introducing Pretty Deadly, who have a new theme song. They played nice with Theory, leading to the previously booked six-man tag team match against The Brawling Brutes. The match was a ton of fun, one of those chaotic six-mans that used to be the norm when The Shield were doing their thing. The babyface Brutes got all their shit in but it was the bad guys who scored the win when Theory pinned Ridge Holland.

-Hit Row and The OC put together a match through social media, and that match featured very little in the way of action and saw the obvious result — The OC emerging victorious. Hit Row even tried a post-match beatdown and were quickly dropped. It genuinely feels as though the minute Swerve left, Hit Row just lost its identity and there’s no hope for the remaining three to find its footing at this point. Arguably the most entertaining part of all this was Michael Cole’s freestyle:

-Grayson Waller had another episode of his talk show, featuring Raw Women’s Champion Asuka. She was interrupted by IYO SKY, and the crowd went silent as the two spoke in their native language. It’s a shame this didn’t feel as big as a match between the two absolutely has the potential to be. Bayley hit the scene to say SKY was just talking about winning Money in the Bank, but also she’s going to win. Then it was Shotzi’s turn to show up before Lacey Evans also arrived to deliver the same message before Zelina Vega did the very same. While they argued, Asuka escaped up the entranceway to say none of them are ready before Bianca Belair attacked from behind to make clear they aren’t finished with their feud just yet. This was meant to create excitement for the title scene ahead of a briefcase winner but it wasn’t executed all that well.

-We learned the first qualifier for the women’s ladder match on this show, when Vega defeated Evans with the Code Red. The match was short and dominated by Evans, with Vega playing the role of underdog at a disadvantage when Lacey hit her with the Woman’s Right before the match even started. Still, she managed to hang tough and won after hitting the Code Red. They executed this well enough but Evans still needs polish in terms of her matches and they didn’t get enough time to really put anything interesting together either way.

-In the other qualifier on this show, LA Knight defeated Montez Ford to become the third official entrant in the men’s match. The match was fine, but most notable for the fact that Knight is over enough now that even as a heel who cheated to win he was cheered over Ford, a babyface who got booed for every bit of offense.

This Bloodline story has been one of the best in my time watching pro wrestling. I couldn’t be a bigger fan of it.

Grade: A-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:37am On Jun 03, 2023
CoolUsername:

Charlotte is one of the best female wrestlers of all time even with the makeup, hair, surgery or whatever. So it definitely hasn't been counter-productive to her work.

But why is it still only the women? Is it that the men don't carry exotic hairstyles at all? Have you heard of Ink Inc.? Even outside wrestling footballers carry exotic hairstyles all the time.
I mentioned the men also. It's really not that hard. Ronda and Shayna don't wear makeup and pack their hair to a match because they have a background in real legit sport, so they know how to act. The only reason wrestling producers do these things is cos they are taking advantage of the fact that it's 'fake'. You can't try it in a real sport. So there goes the problem - because it's fake, it should not make sense - hence pro-wrestling looks phoney. The Biancas and Charlottes you're referring to will still pack their hairs and go with a clean face to the gym. So you see. Na hypocrisy.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by LexFlex(m): 11:22am On Jun 05, 2023
ValeeLove:
how is steroids related to this topic. Isn't it banned in sports and wrestling?

All professional athletes take steroids, even cyclists. Steroids are like extra domination and effectiveness. As for the prohibition, you have to look at the country where it is allowed. For example in America you can buy steroids directly in pharmacies without a prescription, in other countries you will need a prescription from a doctor, and somewhere they are forbidden at all. There are even special sites that work in those countries where steroids are allowed. But most importantly, it is better to consult a doctor before all this.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2023
LexFlex:

G
All professional athletes take steroids, even cyclists. Steroids are like extra domination and effectiveness. As for the prohibition, you have to look at the country where it is allowed. For example in America you can buy steroids directly in pharmacies without a prescription, in other countries you will need a prescription from a doctor, and somewhere they are forbidden at all. There are even special sites that work in those countries where steroids are allowed. But most importantly, it is better to consult a doctor before all this.
including UFC fighters? Isn't it completely banned in sports?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is due to shoddy booking on part of WWE. It shouldn't be termed as that any more due to fact that another title exists. MY guess is they will quietly drop the 'undisputed' part later and term it as WWE championship as they did in 2002.
ValeeLove:
Someone should help me by answering this; how is it still Undisputed when there is another world champion in the same company?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
'Pro' Wrestling doesn't have a central governing body that dictates dress code unlike real sports. Joshis in Japan and men let their hair down.
Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousey are the worst examples to use in butressing your point. Have you seen their eye makeup? Shayna Bazler also lets her hair down mid match before she stomps her opponents elbows.
As long as it doesn't impede on their performance. This should be the least of complains looking at how they've progressed from the era of bra and panties matches.
ValeeLove:
I mentioned the men also. It's really not that hard. Ronda and Shayna don't wear makeup and pack their hair to a match because they have a background in real legit sport, so they know how to act. The only reason wrestling producers do these things is cos they are taking advantage of the fact that it's 'fake'. You can't try it in a real sport. So there goes the problem - because it's fake, it should not make sense - hence pro-wrestling looks phoney. The Biancas and Charlottes you're referring to will still pack their hairs and go with a clean face to the gym. So you see. Na hypocrisy.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
pu7pl3:

-I quite enjoyed that Austin Theory was the first person in the ring for this episode and after they showed him there with a mic, they still cut to a video package for Roman Reigns. Theory cut a generic promo before introducing Pretty Deadly, who have a new theme song. They played nice with Theory, leading to the previously booked six-man tag team match against The Brawling Brutes. The match was a ton of fun, one of those chaotic six-mans that used to be the norm when The Shield were doing their thing. The babyface Brutes got all their shit in but it was the bad guys who scored the win when Theory pinned Ridge Holland.

I'm calling it now, teaming up with Pretty Deadly is going to help get Austin Theory over.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2023
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Took the Money to the Plugs House
Last week, I pondered Seth Rollins’ reign with WWE’s newly minted championship. Specifically, I wondered how WWE might create a story that elevates it to the Undisputed Universal Championship’s level. Maybe that story boils down to Seth putting on dope matches weekly with simple feuds. That obviously misses The Bloodline saga’s inherent drama but I get it.
But WWE hit something this week that made me wonder if Seth’s story isn’t really his story after all. Maybe Seth’s story is actually about Finn Balor’s ultimate redemption.
I know that sounds crazy but walk with me for a bit.
Seth opened Raw with his usual opulence and flamboyance. But he got serious for a moment and gave props to the Judgment Day. Yes, even Dom Dom. Seth singled out Damian Priest since Damian accepted the open challenge invitation. Damian heard his name, so of course ha and Finn hit the ring. During the exchange between two-fourths of Judgment Day and the champ, Seth threw several shots at Finn.
After telling Damian to leave his friends in the locker room and face him one-on-one, Seth noted that Finn doesn’t do well in fights against him and jabbed him in that shoulder Seth injured many moons ago. And when Damian talked about Seth going down in history as one of the shortest reigning champs ever, Seth remarked that either way, his reign lasted longer than Finn’s.
Ouch. Double ouch.
And during the very impressive main event between Damian and Seth, the champ hit Damian with a barricade bomb, which “injured” Damian’s shoulder for the remainder of their match. Stuff like that doesn’t happen accidentally in wrestling. It’s also no accident Finn showed his face after that spot, disobeying his partner’s wishes, and injected himself into the match. Ultimately, Finn’s presence meant nothing to the match as Damian’s shoulder hindered him from covering Seth quick enough after South of Heaven, and it stopped him from executing the Razor’s Edge. Seth saw his opening, hit a Stomp, and the ref held his hand high.
But then there’s Finn. Finn approached Seth as the credits rolled, making it clear he wants next.
It’s more than that though, right? Damian questioned Finn’s presence at ringside and while I don’t believe a Judgment Day breakup happens any time soon, there’s clearly a story there. Why did Finn show up when his friend asked him not to do so? Why didn’t he answer him? We know the answer to those questions but I want them verbalized on television. Finn’s issues with Seth run deep. That Seth makes light of Finn’s career mishaps and goads him for an unfortunate accident only twists the knife even more.
And Finn never got that monkey off his back. He not only never defeated Seth, but he lost his chance at redemption a few weeks ago when Seth defeated him in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament.
Triple ouch.
Of course Finn breaks his word for that; he’s emotional and not thinking. It’s easy empathizing with Finn. Maybe it’s just me, but I think Seth comes off as the bad guy in their exchanges simply because he relishes the fact he injured Finn and cut his dreams incredibly short. I know Seth isn’t the typical good guy; he’s still a bit of a head case. But that felt cruel and only made me cheer for Finn during their confrontation this week.
Whether it’s a match in the near future or one several months from now, Finn needs a W over Seth for that championship. WWE never really righted that wrong from 2016. And by that, I mean they rarely let Finn show some true emotion and demand a rematch or do everything in his power that might get his championship back. Wrestling works best when the wrestlers act like human beings.
I can think of nothing more human than Finn desiring a chance at knocking that smile off Seth’s face and holding that championship high. Not for the Judgment Day but for him.
Then again, maybe this is still Seth’s story. WWE might see this as Seth being a true babyface and hey, it’s just another lost chance for Finn. But that version of the story doesn't have the juice that the other version has in buckets.
Do the right thing, WWE.

B-Sides
Mo Money, Mo Problems
How do we present Sonya Deville as a credible threat, advance Becky Lynch’s beef with Trish Stratus & Zoey Stark, and make the audience question if Becky wins this MitB qualifying match?
WWE found a way with a fun opening match between Becky and Sonya! No knock on them but given Sonya’s booking lately, I didn’t expect anything this long or compelling. I expected a Trish & Zoey sighting and we got it. My only issue is they didn’t get physical with Becky. Your arch nemesis stands outnumbered in a match for her shot at your division’s prized championship. Go make her life miserable! Although one might argue them lying in wait now means they strike in London when it hurts more.
But Sonya looked good. They booked her, and Chelsea Green, as more than a cakewalk for The Man. Becky worked for her spot and that’s only fitting for a match where nothing is given.

Cash Still Rules/Scary Hours
Kevin Owens and GUNTHER put in work. A match that evolved from a backstage argument between the tag champs and IMPERIUM turned into a high water mark for the rest of the show and possibly the rest of the week. Brilliant from top to bottom. GUNTHER dominated early, KO made an incredible comeback, IMPERIUM got involved in the third act, and GUNTHER got the cheap win thanks to his boys. KO took his eyes off the prize and fell victim to the dreaded roll up.
No shame in KO taking this loss in this way, and GUNTHER keeps his streak alive.
This also tied into Matthew Riddle’s story as well. During a backstage interview, Riddle detested the fact GUNTHER takes shortcuts and has help. In fact, he believes without that help, GUNTHER isn’t champion.

Looks like we might see how that works because Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci approached him and Matty Ice lost it. He rarely shows that aggression and anger, so IMPERIUM clearly hit a nerve. Matt possibly took Ludwig out of commission with an ankle lock. If so, that might bring us one step closer to GUNTHER going it alone vs. Matt. I’m curious how WWE plays that. Is GUNTHER unstoppable because he has help or is he just unstoppable?

Queens Get the Money
I love Kayden Carter & Katana Chance. We got an announcement video this week from NXT’s longest reigning Women’s tag champs and I thought “Oh, cool. Maybe next week or later this month.” Yup, don’t take me to Vegas because they showed up this week. Specifically, they challenged the Women’s tag champs!
I initially hated them challenging the tag match because I doubted a title change. And while my heart wishes they got the championships, I knew better. That said, they showed why they belong on Raw and did everything they did well on Tuesday nights in Florida. They even hit their finisher and if not for a very close save from Shayna Baszler, we have new champions.
They looked great in their debut, took the champs to the limit, and came within an eyelash of winning championships on their first night. Props to the queens for showing and proving.
On another note, Kevin Patrick is having a rough go as Raw’s lead commentator. I don’t want to kick the guy when he’s down though so I’ll just leave it at that.

Mo’ Money, Mo’ Murda, Mo’ Homicide
Bronson Reed is a killer. Yeah, yeah, we got a match between Ricochet and Shinsuke Nakamura. But Bronson cut it short. He hates the they’re in MitB and he’s not. So yeah, choose violence.
I prefer that ending to one that sees either Shinsuke or Ricochet taking a pin before July in London. And Bronson is a violent anarchist. So yeah, blow up everyone to get what you want.

Money Talks
Zoey Stark made the right choice. She aligned with Trish, got into a MitB qualifier match, and Trish helped her defeat Nattie. That’s really all there is to that. Continuing the story and getting Zoey and Becky in the same match at a big event.

Money Maker
Miz TV had a lot going this week. But the headline is Dom Dom thinks Cody is a deadbeat dad. Why? Dom heard Cody challenge Brock Lesnar and all the cities Cody listed. All that time chasing Brock means less time with Cody’s daughter. And Dom just can’t sit by...nope, can’t type that without laughing.
Dom, Rhea, and Cody shined in this segment. Dom got to play the Rey Mysterio tune, Rhea intimated everyone, and Dom looked awful hiding behind his woman after slapping fire out Cody’s mouth.
The one touch that rubbed me wrong? Cody hitting Miz with this cast. I get it, Miz is a jerk and seeing him humiliated always gets a laugh. But it looked like Cody hitting Miz because he couldn’t hit Dom. Rather than go after the man who hit him, he sucker punched the guy who simply instigated.
Other than that, fun segment.

Raw kinda rocked the world this week. Not a perfect show but interesting story progression, a good opening match, great match between KO and GUNTHER, a tag team debut, some fun backstage segments, and a good closer that ended on a cliffhanger.
Consider me sports entertained. Let’s keep this momentum going for the rest of June!

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2023

Ladies First
Much like I found myself interested in Carmelo Hayes’ first championship challenger, the same goes for Tiffany Stratton. And this week’s battle royal proved surprising because even if you gave me the best odds in the world, I never saw this coming:
Thea Hail.
Now, when I say that, it’s not a diss. I like Thea’s character a lot and think she has potential. But she also needs more reps within NXT. I say that as someone not watching NXT Level Up, so forgive me if she’s working a lot on that show. Going from what I know, however, paints the picture of someone who isn’t quite on Tiffany’s level. At least not yet. Putting Tiffany and Thea also defies logic because giving the champion their first feud with someone seasoned generally makes more sense. That’s one of many reasons I picked Dana Brooke or even Fallon Henley.
Yes, Dana Brooke entered the battle royal since she, like Baron Corbin and Ali, has free agent status. Dana, who regretfully didn’t interact with Reggie Scrypts, lasted right into the battle royal’s final moments. Dana, Cora Jade, Fallon Henley, and Kiana James squared off in what we thought represented the final women.
Fallon eliminated Kiana and gave her a “Yee-Haw, bitch” for good measure. I love when she says that and love their eternal beef. Cora eliminated Fallon, much to my dismay, and that seemingly left Cora and Dana. But then Thea resurrected in a bit of smart storytelling.
Lash Legend roughed up Thea earlier in the match. But Thea never went over the top rope. The match continued while officials checked on Thea and nursed her back to health. On the real? I completely forgot about her. Her reappearance started with Chase U cheering her name, to which I asked “Why?” Then she slowly rose up near the ring apron, walked in the ring with nothing but an attitude and momentum by her side.
To make a long story short, Thea eliminated Cora and Dana after a serious of team-ups and double-team moves.
A surprising victory but one that makes sense based on the opponent.
From a character standpoint and story standpoint, Thea presents possibly the best opponent for Tiffany. Tiffany is a spoiled rich girl who talks in acronyms and considers herself the center of the universe. Thea is a high school grad who loves wrestling, works hard, and wears her emotions on her sleeves. Although she doesn’t wear shirts with sleeves so just work with me on that one.
They're polar opposites. One worked for everything she has while the other waltzed into fame and fortune. One has no problem sitting in the cheer section while the other it’s sinful cheering for anyone other than her. That dichotomy creates an interesting dynamic going into their championship match. While I believe a match between Tiffany and Fallon or Dana might impress me more, the actual story with those pales in comparison to Thea’s tale.
Chase U is a movement in NXT. This puts them in a main event spot, while also moving forward this story that Chase U under Duke Hudson has more success than when under Andre Chase. Even if Thea loses, which she will, Duke will claim this as a victory for his stewardship. It’s also a big step for someone who just a few months ago broke down crying because of whatever mind games Ava and Schism played on her. Speaking of which, did we ever find out what Ava did?
Anyway, this works narratively. It’s risky but it’s still developmental. Put Thea in a big spot and let her sink or swim.
Ask any Chase U student and they’ll remind you that experience remains the best teacher. Even better than Duke.

B-Sides
1, 2 Y'all
Diamond Mine is the better team. That’s the bottomline in this story between them and Schism. Schism got the win but only after Ava’s chicanery.
The match built to a confrontation between Ava and Ivy Nile. I mean, that’s the whole reason we’re here. And we finally got it when all the men wiped each other out and Ava had no choice but to fight.
Ava certainly isn’t a natural. She moved awkwardly in the ring and had no fluidity. She’ll get there with more reps but in that context, I get why they saved her for the end and didn’t devote much time to her big clash with Ivy.
Besides that, the match rocked. Julius and Brutus are incredible in the ring. These cats actually handed off another grown man to each other while holding him in the Vertical Suplex position. And then did reps! I don’t know what else to say about that or how to say it better but I’m sure I’m not doing it justice.

Basically
Blair Davenport vs. Dani Palmer basically went the way I expected. And the way it should.
Blair dominated Dani in a story of a seasoned vet against someone still wet behind the ears. Dani made Blair look scary and Blair did what she does best. Dani fought for her best friend and lost decisively. That says a lot about Blair in that no matter how much motivation Dani put in her bag, Blair still decimated her.

The E.N.D.
I’m torn on Baron Corbin’s match with Trick Williams. Actually, before we even get to that, let’s talk about Baron’s motivation for showing up in NXT.
Long and short of it, it’s the same beef Baron had when he showed up on the main roster years ago: He believes the wrestlers are soft and entitled kids who rather tweet than get better.
He wants Carmelo Hayes because he believes NXT needs a new and better leader. Ilja Dragunov showed up and said Baron needs to get behind him because he wants a shot at the NXT Championship. While a fight between those two might happen (more on that later), Trick Wiliams wanted his fight this week. Trick attacked Baron as punishment for Baron sneak attacking his best friend. And I love that aspect of Trick and Melo’s relationship. They truly made these two brothers who ride together and die together (bad boys 4 life).
We got a solid match out of it. Going one-on-one with someone like Corbin only helps Trick. Corbin barely beat Trick, but did so in a way that speaks to his vet status and smarts. That said, I have an issue with the execution even though I like the idea.
Trick hurt his knee early in the match after a nasty confrontation between said knee and the commentary table. Baron worked on that knee but Trick moved pretty well. It didn’t hobble him and he even hit several moves using that leg with the “bum” knee.
But then the knee suddenly gave out when Trick went for his finisher, which gave Baron the opening for the victory.
Again, I get it. The right man won and they saved Trick in the process. But just execute it a bit better next time. Cool? Cool.

The ?
We finally got a name for Noam Dar, Jakara Jackson, Lash Legend, and Oro Mensah: The Meta-Four.
I don’t hate it. I also don’t love it either. I remain open to seeing what they do with the name and the group. But when I thought it was “The Metaphor” I hated it. Just keeping it real.

Run 4 Cover
I didn’t dig the match between Scrypts and Daba Kano. I like the intrigue of Axiom coming to Scrypts’ aid and those two potentially teaming against the big man. But as for the match itself? Meh. But Daba destroyed both men after he took an L from Scrypts, so he’s clearly motivated.

Positive Vibes Only
Wow. I didn’t expect Mustafa Ali to beat Joe Gacy so quickly. Seriously, I barely sat down and the match ended.
But I get why. The rest of Schism attacked Ali after the match, which brought Wes Lee & Tyler Bate to the ring. I like the continuity with Wes & Tyler’s friendship, and it plays on the fact Wes is such an Ali fan. Before the match, Wes even offered Ali a title shot but Ali declined because he wants to earn that position. That also harkens back to the fact Wes respects people who keep it real with him about their intentions.
Joe clearly didn’t like losing but he detests what he calls a fake friendship of convenience between Wes & Tyler. Trouble’s on the horizon for Schism because their leader took two big Ls back to back and I don’t see another win coming any time soon.

I’m A Bad
Remember when I said we’ll get to Ilja? It’s a few beats above this one if you don’t remember. Trust me, I said it.
After he approached Baron, Ilja found himself on the wrong end of Bron Breakker’s temper. Bron put Ilja out of action and we never got an update on his status. Bron addressed it as the credits rolled and kept it simple: Ilja isn’t the toughest man in NXT and he checked him on that.
But then Bron did something completely unexpected: Challenged Seth Rollins to a World Heavyweight Championship match.
Wow.
Bron’s logic is sound: Seth calls himself the workhorse and a fighting champion, well come to Florida and put the title on the line in a very familiar environment.
I didn't see that coming at all. I still don’t know how I feel about it either because I’m still wrapping my head around the fact it happened. Certainly a big way to end the show.

I really enjoyed NXT this week. The show started hot and kept that momentum going for two hours. We set up several matches for next week, several things down the line, got a look at Tony D behind a glass wall, Tiffany Stratton’s first challenger, and Bron choosing violence more than once.
I consider that a win.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by LexFlex(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2023
LexFlex:

All professional athletes take steroids, even cyclists. Steroids are like extra domination and effectiveness. As for the prohibition, you have to look at the country where it is allowed. For example in America you can buy steroids directly in pharmacies without a prescription, in other countries you will need a prescription from a doctor, and somewhere they are forbidden at all. There are even special sites https://a-steroidshop.ws/usa-domestic-steroids/ that work in those countries where steroids are allowed. But most importantly, it is better to consult a doctor before all this.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
The Sheikh
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 2:10am On Jun 09, 2023
Tony Khan the fashionista

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2023
CoolUsername:
Tony Khan the fashionista

🤣
Wtf is this? 🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.