Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? (2072 Views)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria / Glo - The Most Useless Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Mustiboy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
cryI've been seeing people complaining about Glo's network but I had never used it for myself until now.
My data just dey do SOLDOER GO, SOLDIER COME grin since I on am. The data comes and go every 40 seconds.
Now I can't even reply my whatsapp messages neither can watch YouTube videos.
Is anyone here experiencing this ish?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by shedy03(m): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mustiboy:
cryI've been seeing people complaining about Glo's network but I had never used it for myself until now.
My data just dey do SOLDOER GO, SOLDIER COME grin since I on am. The data comes and go every 40 seconds.
you are still using Glo, OYO. lol.
many have abandoned the glo ship.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by beinstein(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Lol.....welcome to the wili-wili network of Naija.
They'll soon come to tell you "it depends on your location" as if everyone have to relocate to a better glo network area.

7 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by nerdfrost(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mustiboy:

Omo I think say na only me oo angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Demonicide(f): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
Glo as been speedy lately, i started noticg it as soon as they reduced their bundles.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by dukeo(m): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mustiboy:

If your phone is rooted, you should try changing your dns to Google public dns, worked for me
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by CharlesJok3r: 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mustiboy:
My data just dey do SOLDIER GO, SOLDIER COME grin since I on am. The data comes and go every 40 seconds.
grin migrate to MTN ''every where you go'' it cheaper if you buy data bundles from sme and free of heartbreaks
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Mustiboy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
dukeo:

If your phone is rooted, you should try changing your dns to Google public dns, worked for me
how do I do this?
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by jidxin(m): 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
Mustiboy:
should either be ur fone or area. I use my glo perfectly fine, during the day I download at 150-250mb and night is 700 I shuttle btwn ketu, ikeja, ikoyi and lagos island and its working perfectly fine
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by chubbyman(m): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
dukeo:

please do share man
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
You are funny ooo u wanted to watch YouTube video on glo network? E be like say u de find heart attack. I was only using them when their data was 4gb for 1k. Now that its the same things with other network am going to dumped them!!!
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
dukeo:

Pls who can help me to root my phone? Those guys in computer village don't even understand the word root!!!
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by dukeo(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2018
chubbyman:

please do share man

If you are rooted, download "terminal emulator" from play store and type the following lines

i) "su" without "" marks and tap enter key and grant super user access

ii) after granting the access type this "getprop | grep dns" without the "" marks, tap enter and take note of your current dns

iii) next line type "setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8" without the "" marks and tap enter

iv) type "setprop net.dns2 8.8.4.4" without the "" marks and tap enter

v) lastly, type the line "getprop | grep dns" it should have changed...

NOTE: if you reboot your phone, you will have to go through this steps again

Mustiboy:
how do I do this?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Mustiboy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
dukeo:

If you are rooted, download "terminal emulator" from play store and type the following lines

ii) after granting the access type this "getprop | grep dns" without the "" marks, tap enter and take note of your current dns

iii) next line type "setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8" without the "" marks and tap enter

this requires root and my phone is marshmallow.
I don't have a PC? any other way to root a device running on marshmallow?
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by dukeo(m): 5:39am On Mar 06, 2018
Mustiboy:
this requires root and my phone is marshmallow.
I don't have a PC? any other way to root a device running on marshmallow?

Which phone specifically are you using?
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by segebobo: 6:20am On Mar 06, 2018
I observed my data connection turns off itself at intervals... Seems Glo has sent a bug 2 the phone
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by GrandMufti: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2018
segebobo:
I observed my data connection turns off itself at intervals... Seems Glo has sent a bug 2 the phone

Chai...

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by GambaOsaka: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2018
I strongly doubt if Mike Adenuga uses a glo line. He's probably on the MTN network.
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by chubbyman(m): 9:28am On Mar 06, 2018
dukeo:

So I have to do all this dance all over again once I reboot my phone, doesn't it save automatically once it's done and save on terminal emulator??
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by dukeo(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2018
chubbyman:

So I have to do all this dance all over again once I reboot my phone, doesn't it save automatically once it's done and save on terminal emulator??

If you rooted your phone with Magisk, then, there's a module you'll use to make it apply upon boot
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by kissenger: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2018
Glo is just a nonsense network. it's to be shouting largest data network upandan https:///BBFTrQ
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Palmerbarry: 10:28am On Mar 06, 2018
Same here angry angry angry. They've become the worst network. I just subscribed to my Airtel network. Goodbye to glo network sad
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Maro4u(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2018
Ignorance... Guys using glo use this advantage FUCKING REAL, I downloaded 2gug file with the glo

I have 180mb on my glo line yesterday I noticed the on and off issue, so I just started downloading fifa from playstore with the on and on network I started the download 12:45am and slept off I woke up with my data exhausted but to my surprise the game was downloaded... I was like wow I knew something is fishy with glo before yesterday 2days ago I recharged 500naira and got some bonus airtime and 180mb so I started watching YouTube to exhaust the data so I can subscribe to my surprise after hours on YouTube, Whatsapp online gaming clash Royale though it disconnect and reconnect I managed it the I was expecting data exhausted message but when I checked I noticed I have 150mb left I shouted Jezzzz and continued YouTube and browsing and downloaded The chi from o2tvseries.com 91mb it downloaded and I still had 132mb that's when I said Glo ona don enter these error motivated me to manage the on and off data connection to my adv even now I am rocking with 10mb day plan guys try and see for yourself THANK ME LATER.
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Mustiboy(m): 11:51am On Mar 06, 2018
dukeo:

Which phone specifically are you using?
infinix hot 4
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Aregis: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
Worthless ,useless,and stupid network....... glo ....grand master of mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by AuroraB(f): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mustiboy:
Save yourself from depression, drop Glo like a bad habit. I have abandoned mine. No time for rubbish
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by Mustiboy(m): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
Maro4u:
Ignorance... Guys using glo use this advantage FUCKING REAL, I downloaded 2gug file with the glo

I have 180mb on my glo line yesterday I noticed the on and off issue, so I just started downloading fifa from playstore with the on and on network I started the download 12:45am and slept off I woke up with my data exhausted but to my surprise the game was downloaded... I was like wow I knew something is fishy with glo before yesterday 2days ago I recharged 500naira and got some bonus airtime and 180mb so I started watching YouTube to exhaust the data so I can subscribe to my surprise after hours on YouTube, Whatsapp online gaming clash Royale though it disconnect and reconnect I managed it the I was expecting data exhausted message but when I checked I noticed I have 150mb left I shouted Jezzzz and continued YouTube and browsing and downloaded The chi from o2tvseries.com 91mb it downloaded and I still had 132mb that's when I said Glo ona don enter these error motivated me to manage the on and off data connection to my adv even now I am rocking with 10mb day plan guys try and see for yourself THANK ME LATER.
guy , you no well o.
Commot this thing joor.
I dey enjoy same thing and u want spoil show for person. Dem go find out now.
Mtcheeeew
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by DankPineapple: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mustiboy:
tbh I'm fed up, switched from 4g to 3g, problem is still there.. I can't even peacefully play clash royale
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by sirfemoz(m): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
I just don't understand whether we enjoy complaining. We all know how Glo network works. In this country, there's no perfect network, look for the one that works for you and move on with ya life. Have been subscribing with glo from time of Adam, they have their ups and downs. On their down times, I just choose another network to subscribe if what I want to do is urgent. So, quit complaining, they are aware of their network situation.
Re: What Kind Of Useless Network Is Glo ? by trendsgirl: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
Aregis:
Worthless ,useless,and stupid network....... glo ....grand master of mediocrity.
why so much insult, Glo
works abeg...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Android Phone For 40k / Galaxy A71 @₦180k Versus Galaxy S10 Lite @₦190k? Which Should I Buy? / My One Week Old Infinix Note8i (6G, 128G).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.