Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador (33109 Views)

Audu Ogbeh: We Must Make Peace Or We Lose The North / Audu Ogbeh: Killings In The North Now Like Civil War Era / Lai Mohammed, Audu Ogbeh And Fashola Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Dee60: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
BH has been defeated!

BH has been destroyed!

BH has been technically defeated!

BH has been decimated!

BH captures 110 girls! Oh, no 110 girls rescued from BH!

Nigeria beats Thailand in Rice production.

Senegal Jollof better than Nigeria's!

Thai accuses us of telling lies!

Oh, no, Naija never lies!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Still sounding unintelligibleundecided

Were you present when this conversation was held undecided

You just believed a conversation took place because your lying minister said so.

You will never be intelligent aswear. grin

I'll keep busting your senseless and mumu logic. wink

Well, your logic answers you perfectly.
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by free2ryhme: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
nwabobo:
Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh’s reported claim is untrue – Thailand Ambassador

Wattana Kunwongse, Thailand’s ambassador to Nigeria, has faulted a claim reportedly made by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, that Thailand accused Nigeria of being responsible for the collapse of its seven rice mills following the drastic fall in rice importation from the country.

The ambassador, in a letter sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday, described the minister’s claim as “misleading and a distortion of the actual discussion that transpired between them”.

A News Agency of Nigeria report published on PREMIUM TIMES on Friday showed that Mr. Ogbeh made the claim, at a meeting of the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) and the leadership of the Fertiliser Producers and Suppliers of Nigeria (FEPSAN) held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to the report, the minister said “just like two weeks ago, the Ambassador of Thailand came to my office and said to me that we have really ‘dealt’ with them.

“But I asked what did we do wrong and he said unemployment in Thailand was one of the lowest in the world, 1.2 per cent, it has gone up to four per cent because seven giant rice mills have shut down because Nigeria’s import has fallen by 95 per cent on rice alone”.

However, the diplomat said Mr. Ogbeh may have lied.

“The report is not only misleading but a distortion of the actual conversation between myself and the honourable Minister of Agriculture at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on 30th January 2018, which was nothing short of positivity and optimism on both sides.

“During which I praised President Buhari’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), the essence of which is the endeavour to move the country to a self-sufficiency and export-oriented economy, and to that worthy cause, Thailand stands ready to work closely with the Nigerian Government in the field of technological transfer and agricultural machineries.

“At the same meeting, the honourable minister and I had reached the conclusion that I as Ambassador 0f Thailand to Nigeria will be working closely with the Ministry of Agriculture and rural development to establish a platform to discuss our mutual benefits in the form of MOU on Agricultural Cooperation and by forming a bilateral Working Committee toward that end.”

He added that the report could not have been farther from the truth as Thailand’s official figures demonstrate that its rice export to the world in 2017 reached 11.48 million tons worth $5.1 billion.

“Thailand’s rice export to the world in 2017 (January-December 2017) reached 11.48 million tons equalising to $5.1 billion (USD), a 15.54 per cent increase compared to previous years, which is one of the highest figures on the history Thailand’s rice exportation. There is no proof of any shutdown of Thailand’s major rice mills,” he said.

Despite the minister’s “misquotation”, the Ambassador said he remains optimistic and looks forward to working together with the Nigerian Government in all fronts in the development of Nigerian agricultural sector.

He noted that based on the warm reception from Mr. Ogbeh when he visited the ministry, he believes the minister is “a great man of integrity who has been working so hard to help Nigeria achieve the goal of self-sustainability in food and agriculture.”

When asked to respond to the ambassador’s rebuttal of Mr. Ogbeh’s statement, the special adviser to the minister on media and publicity, Olukayode Adeleye, said he would have “to crosscheck facts” before responding. He was yet to respond as at the time of this report.

Self-sufficiency in rice production is one of the cardinal objectives of the Muhammadu Buhari administration with different officials calling for a ban on the importation of the product.

In his New Year broadcast in January, President Muhammadu Buhari pledged that his administration will further reduce rice import in 2018. Earlier in August, a director at the agriculture ministry, Muhammad Adamu, announced that Nigeria’s rice production reached 15 million metric tonnes annually.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/260948-rice-production-audu-ogbehs-reported-claim-untrue-thailand-ambassador.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true

It has been said that propaganda can help you win election, but definitely you cannot rule and sustain your government with propaganda.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Liberator007(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
nwabobo:
Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh’s reported claim is untrue – Thailand Ambassador

Wattana Kunwongse, Thailand’s ambassador to Nigeria, has faulted a claim reportedly made by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Audu Ogbeh, that Thailand accused Nigeria of being responsible for the collapse of its seven rice mills following the drastic fall in rice importation from the country.

The ambassador, in a letter sent to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday, described the minister’s claim as “misleading and a distortion of the actual discussion that transpired between them”.

A News Agency of Nigeria report published on PREMIUM TIMES on Friday showed that Mr. Ogbeh made the claim, at a meeting of the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI) and the leadership of the Fertiliser Producers and Suppliers of Nigeria (FEPSAN) held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to the report, the minister said “just like two weeks ago, the Ambassador of Thailand came to my office and said to me that we have really ‘dealt’ with them.

“But I asked what did we do wrong and he said unemployment in Thailand was one of the lowest in the world, 1.2 per cent, it has gone up to four per cent because seven giant rice mills have shut down because Nigeria’s import has fallen by 95 per cent on rice alone”.

However, the diplomat said Mr. Ogbeh may have lied.

“The report is not only misleading but a distortion of the actual conversation between myself and the honourable Minister of Agriculture at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on 30th January 2018, which was nothing short of positivity and optimism on both sides.

“During which I praised President Buhari’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), the essence of which is the endeavour to move the country to a self-sufficiency and export-oriented economy, and to that worthy cause, Thailand stands ready to work closely with the Nigerian Government in the field of technological transfer and agricultural machineries.

“At the same meeting, the honourable minister and I had reached the conclusion that I as Ambassador 0f Thailand to Nigeria will be working closely with the Ministry of Agriculture and rural development to establish a platform to discuss our mutual benefits in the form of MOU on Agricultural Cooperation and by forming a bilateral Working Committee toward that end.”

He added that the report could not have been farther from the truth as Thailand’s official figures demonstrate that its rice export to the world in 2017 reached 11.48 million tons worth $5.1 billion.

“Thailand’s rice export to the world in 2017 (January-December 2017) reached 11.48 million tons equalising to $5.1 billion (USD), a 15.54 per cent increase compared to previous years, which is one of the highest figures on the history Thailand’s rice exportation. There is no proof of any shutdown of Thailand’s major rice mills,” he said.

Despite the minister’s “misquotation”, the Ambassador said he remains optimistic and looks forward to working together with the Nigerian Government in all fronts in the development of Nigerian agricultural sector.

He noted that based on the warm reception from Mr. Ogbeh when he visited the ministry, he believes the minister is “a great man of integrity who has been working so hard to help Nigeria achieve the goal of self-sustainability in food and agriculture.”

When asked to respond to the ambassador’s rebuttal of Mr. Ogbeh’s statement, the special adviser to the minister on media and publicity, Olukayode Adeleye, said he would have “to crosscheck facts” before responding. He was yet to respond as at the time of this report.

Self-sufficiency in rice production is one of the cardinal objectives of the Muhammadu Buhari administration with different officials calling for a ban on the importation of the product.

In his New Year broadcast in January, President Muhammadu Buhari pledged that his administration will further reduce rice import in 2018. Earlier in August, a director at the agriculture ministry, Muhammad Adamu, announced that Nigeria’s rice production reached 15 million metric tonnes annually.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/260948-rice-production-audu-ogbehs-reported-claim-untrue-thailand-ambassador.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true
What do you expect from a party that lied its way into power? If it wasn't Lai, it will be Amaechi. If it wasn't Amaechi, it will be Ngige. And now, Audu again. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by firo08(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Useless president, useless ministers. Their yansh don dey open because of lies

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by cpu2006(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
point of correction, na odd age not lie. shocked

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Bedlecturer(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
The ruling party APC is synonymous to misleading falsehood. There is nothing about this party that is true. Fake manifesto, fake members, fake policies, fake certificates, fake ministers, fake party chairman, fake president, fake government, fake projects, fake reports, fake propaganda. Infact everything is fake. We need to pull this party out come 2019, beginning from kaduna and kogi state.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by fm7070: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
they have taken their lies to international level

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by otokx(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
Audu Ogbeh should have resigned by now in saner countries but this is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by aspirebig: 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
We are not surprised .....na dia way

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by nonut: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
tashashiel:
lies on every angle, ambassador came to ur office and said you ve really dealt with them. ludicrous..

see his face, Obasanjo look alike
If you're paid for the number of visits in your profile a day, you'd be richer than Dangote grin

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Mcanie: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Kemperor:
A government built in lies and surviving in lies

APC is the worst Political Party in the world
smileyIt is a congress not a party.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by positivethought: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
The ambassador himself is confused,somebody lied against you and you are saying you still believe that person has integrity,how do you define integrity in Thailand then?,oh OK you were just trying to be diplomatic and not crude like the apc.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by duerap: 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
I wonder why people still even listen to a govt that is characterized by lies, lies and lies. Gullibility has levels.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by seyiseyi11: 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
This country is dead pls God who do we offend for this un shame leader this country need to go back to our origin an begg who we have offended. from the president to the last person in this goverment are all lairs.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by nonut: 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
positivethought:
The ambassador himself is confused,somebody lied against you and you are saying you still believe that person has integrity,how do you define integrity in Thailand then?,oh OK you were just trying to be diplomatic and not crude like the apc.
He's trying to save his face and their economy at the same time.
The wrong thing can put Nigeria at their crosshairs and no country which benefits from Nigeria immensely tries that.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by MistadeRegal(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
It just went intercontinental.
Not internationational only.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by emperormossad(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Maclatunji maclatunji maclatunji maclatunji

Sequel to our argument on the thread in the attached picture, I just want to tell you that the Thailand ambassador has finally responded to your shame undecided

I want to also restate that you are not fit to be a mod on Nairaland.

I hereby nominate myself as a replacement for the unintelligent Maclatunji

LIKE if you support this

SHARE if you don't

Cc: Seun

This is unnecessary, trust me.
I'm used to this attitude. I don't get ashamed anymore.
We are being stripped of our dignity daily.
There is nothing like mod anymore.
He who pays the piper dictates the tune.
You ought to know where his allegiance lies by now.
Ban or no ban, some people have simply lost all amount of reasoning.
God will spare our lives to see the end of this charade.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Opentokwowledge: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
Buhari waited how many summers and winters again to select his set of very competent (obviously) "fact distorters"?

These people anyway are good representatives of the average Nigerian irrespective of class and age. So many things are wrong with our value system if we don't already know. Money over integrity any day. See how the rest of the world are looking at us as objects of shame grin cheesy... Something like laughing stocks grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by macphilip: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
If only the Minister can resign because of this collective National embarrassment
But last time I check, the word "Resign" does not exist in the dictionary of a Nigerian politician

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by AreaFada2: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
Did anyone believe Audu Ogbe before? shocked shocked

We didn't need the ambassador to refute the lie to know.

Na normal APC stuff.

In opposition I thought APC were more sophisticated. They have unravelled in govt as very mediocre and reckless.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Intellad(m): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
I never believe we will ever get to this stage

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
emperormossad:

This is unnecessary, trust me.
I'm used to this attitude. I don't get ashamed anymore.
We are being stripped of our dignity daily.
There is nothing like mod anymore.
He who pays the piper dictates the tune.
You ought to know where his allegiance lies by now.
Ban or no ban, some people have simply lost all amount of reasoning.
God will spare our lives to see the end of this charade.

Wow, when people claim to know you more than yourself.
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Annie939(f): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
what do you expect , this is what we have been passing through in this country since three years apc administration lies upon lies, apc and buhari should fear God

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by bid4rich(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
They say APC lied and you ask 'how'

Now you have seen one of the How's

Yeye people

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by Eze2000(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
neezar:
We are not surprised sa...

But my yellowbar Muslims will call this Thailand ambassador an igbo man cool

they will say his an ipob
how their papa take know I have no idea

2 Likes

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by bareal(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2018
Do you have to tell us to our face?
We already know that Audu Ogbe is the Secretary General of the Nigeria Association of Liars (N. A. L) WHILE their president the the mighty Lai Mohammed.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by maclatunji: 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
positivethought:

Sebi it is wailers that will believe the statement.

It is obvious from this statement that the ambassador feels embarrassed and fears losing his job. He didn't think the Minister would expose their private discussion.

I am a writer and know how you debunk lies against your person.

You don't go saying: "I could not have said this because of one statistic".

You go: "I never said this."

You don't need statistics to know what you said or did not say, you are the primary source of information.
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by emperormossad(m): 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
I will begin a justified campaign of calumny against the devious and senseless personalities who call themselves mods but are nothing but raving and hideous animals.
Just observe as one of them has been unleashed on nairaland after being fed bread and beans by his paymaster.
We will continue to expose your highly dodgy nature.
Ban will never stop us.
Una Mumu don do.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by ThatFairGuy: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
Muslims are your nightmare! Why can't you(Igbo) tolerate Muslim or is your doctrine against it? you are just FANATICS .
To hell with you all
neezar:
We are not surprised sa...

But my yellowbar Muslims will call this Thailand ambassador an igbo man cool

Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by bikefab(m): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Not a new thing...lieing and blame games are their stock in trade.
Re: Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador by onatisi(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
Liar Mohammed has finally gained international recognition for his achievements in telling lies grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Crowd Of Supporters Welcome Tinubu To Kano (Video) / Abia Government Starts Rehabilitation Of Ehi Road In Aba (Pictures) / Peter Obi Visits Nigerians Injured In South Africa's Xenophobic Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.