Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (28981 Views)

Best Places To Visit In Akwa Ibom State .. Tourism & Travel.. Photos / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) / Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by aguiyi2: 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
What of the red light district?
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Chuksgeo: 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
Beautiful Akwa Ibom ayayaa

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Bamz(m): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
fashrola:

They are cool places to visit apart from listed places...

Discovery park is not really cool again to visit... It's not well maintained

The museum area? Well that's a dead zone at night... No go area for me..

Ibom Tropicana.. Well it's a cool place to visit at least they show current movies

Top places to visit in Uyo
*Ibom Tropicana
*Le Meridien Hotel
*Legolas Farm
*Pyramid or Pegasus
*Alacarte Restaurant

Other places to visit that's not too far from Uyo
*Tilapia Resort at Abak (Really cool place) about 10mins drive from Uyo

Thanks. No natural parks, beaches or lakes, conservation centers?
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
I love well-crafted stories rendered in free-flowing simple style. Other bloggers that post watery items here should learn from this op.

For the juvenile that posted dogmeat to undermine the people of Uyo, a lot of Uyo peeps don't eat it.

I have colleagues from Benue, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Plateau, Delta and Anambra who are black belt holders in chopping dog meats.
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by eben123(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
Who has an idea the cost of transportation from Lagos to akwa ibom and how many hours journey? Thanks �
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
Bamz:

Thanks. No natural parks, beaches or lakes, conservation centers?

Natural Parks? Well The museum area can be categorized as one

Beaches? They are two in Akwa Ibom : Cashew Beach at Eastern Obolo (Very far and not really developed)

Ibeno Beach is your best bet but it's located at Ibeno LGA, it's an hour drive from Uyo

Lakes and conservation center: Not yet though the current commissioner for Tourism is working hard to bring this alive..
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by blackbeau1(f): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
Erm Instead of discovery park, you'd do well to try Eni Gardens.
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
aguiyi2:
What of the red light district?

Maitaima axis @ Ewet Housing Estate grin

You won't be disappointed especially on weekends

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2018
eben123:
Who has an idea the cost of transportation from Lagos to akwa ibom and how many hours journey? Thanks �

Well just budget 10k and it's about 10-12hrs approximately

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
fashrola:

Natural Parks? Well The museum area can be categorized as one

Beaches? They are two in Akwa Ibom : Cashew Beach at Eastern Obolo (Very far and not really developed)

Ibeno Beach is your best bet but it's located at Ibeno LGA, it's an hour drive from Uyo

Lakes and conservation center: Not yet though the current commissioner for Tourism is working hard to bring this alive..

Say u don't have which one is current administration. My chest is paining me mbok don't mention.. grin
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Zionista:
I love well-crafted stories rendered in free-flowing simple style. Other bloggers that post watery items here should learn from this op.

For the juvenile that posted dogmeat to undermine the people of Uyo, a lot of Uyo peeps don't eat it.

I have colleagues from Benue, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Plateau, Delta and Anambra who are black belt holders in chopping dog meats.

Thanks for bringing this up... I'm from Akwa Ibom and i don't eat dog meat... Lot of folks here does not eat dog meat

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
princeking2:
How much does her citizens earn?
The state is rich but the people are poor.

Before you cough out this trash again just visit, we are super contented. Even in Europe when I visited they had homeless folks in almost all biz zone but here in AKS everybody has a roof over his head, despite the abundance of flyover, nobody sleeps there. Ask Nigeria brewery for statistics and you will be shock that we are the happiest. Our basic needs are within though like humans we can't be satisfied. But we are better than atleast 30 other states in the federation.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
ndy87:

Say u don't have which one is current administration. My chest is paining me mbok don't mention.. grin

Well make your chest no pain you.... He's working towards it
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
GODAKPAN:

Before you cough out this trash again just visit, we are super contented. Even in Europe when I visited they had homeless folks in almost all biz zone but here in AKS everybody has a roof over his head, despite the abundance of flyover, nobody sleeps there. Ask Nigeria brewery for statistics and you will be shock that we are the happiest. Our basic needs are within though like humans we can't be satisfied. But we are better than atleast 30 other states in the federation.

You dey mind am?
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by saintkeppy(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
OP you forget to add the popular roasted Chicken, plantain, fried potatoes with sauce.
Fresh Palmwine, Native hot drinks from Villas.

Marina Club @Lè Meridian &other moderate hotels

Uyo City center to the Int'L Airport is Less than an hour, infact 30mins even with Traffic.

Good Public Transport system.

Moderate Nite Life.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by citee(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
alphacyborg:
Ok

You mean Calabar people are not normal because they have a thing for dog meat. So Chinese people that eat all kinds of exotic things are also not normal.....my friend you are sleeping on okada. Just because you do not like something does not make it despicable!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by citee(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
StainlessH:
Story! Na wash. Its my state.

You don loss if you can't promote your state
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
National park- CRS
Kwa fall - CRS
Agbokim water fall- CRS
National conservation centre- CRS
Obudu ranch Resort- CRS

These can give u small joy. My AKS brothers and sisters we are one blood o don't kill d ministry. Yak ka ikot mbok.
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by citee(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
macaranta:
Roasted plantain and chicken in Uyo too is a great delicacy.

Gbam! You got it. The thing dey make sense die.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by citee(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
victorjoe:

The way you guys talk about this dog meat ehn. See, not every Akwa Ibomite eats dog I. It's a matter of choice. More than half of the population don't. The funny thing is that it's people that come from other state that take over the eating once they taste it. Ask students that are non indigenes.

I agree with you entirely. I am from Akwa Ibom State, schooled in Uniuyo and have never tasted dog meat in my life.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by chukxie(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Beautiful Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Your spirit runs though my veins. Although I was born in Edo State to an Ishan mom and an AK State father (from Ikom Eman, Etinan), I try my best to represent both parts of me, and I embrace both parts with all my heart. Uyo ayaya! Akwa Ibom State ayaya!

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by nobsalis: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
saintkeppy:
OP you forget to add the popular roasted Chicken, plantain, fried potatoes with sauce.
Fresh Palmwine, Native hot drinks from Villas.

Marina Club @Lè Meridian &other moderate hotels

Uyo City center to the Int'L Airport is Less than an hour, infact 30mins even with Traffic.

Good Public Transport system.

Moderate Nite Life.

Bros u stay In Uyo

Mind u we brothers in a thread here on Nl...
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by omooba969(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
blackbeau1:
Erm Instead of discovery park, you'd do well to try Eni Gardens.

Do you reside in uyo?
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by sped1oro(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
I did my National youth corp service in this state in 2005 and i never regretted doing so. i have visited the state at least twice after my youth service,however, my last visit in 2017 really made me fell in love once again with this hospitable and homely nature state called Akwa-ibom. The moment i touched down from the airport and my client's driver picked me and we drove down to Eket town , i felt an aura of serenity instantly and my old nexus with the environment immediately reignited. I have traveled almost every parts of Nigeria except for few states in the North-east and i must confess Akwa-ibom gave me that tourist experience. Their environment is always clean, their food usually appetizing, their weather is very friendly, their girls are the most courteous and hardworking i have ever seen on planet earth. Even though, the airport is still under construction, it has resemblance of any busy airport with planes touching down almost every 30mins. However, the level of infrastructural development does not really translate to the general standard of living of majority of the indigenes, the politicians, oil contractors/workers, militants and civil servants controls the resources of the state. By and large, the state is a darling tourist and investment destination safe for skirmishes of militancy and kidnap crisis due to the presence of oil companies around. Akwa-Ibom ayaya, ayaya anando!
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Codes151(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yet... Uyo doesn't contribute a single thing to akwa ibom
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Yomit71(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
uyo is just overated, notin special there. i repeat notin special. just bunch of lazy people & sex addicted men & women. anyway i thank God i for my one year there. d rest is a sorry case
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by nobsalis: 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yomit71:
uyo is just overated, notin special there. i repeat notin special. just bunch of lazy people & sex addicted men & women. anyway i thank God i for my one year there. d rest is a sorry case

Nobi lie
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Yomit71(m): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
looking at d commentz above am sorry for nigerians, save d good road nothing is special in akwa ibom. people are suffering its just their light complexion that covers it. buy a plate of rice or garri for akwa ibom matured lady & u will Bleep her to fainting point
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Bamz(m): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
ndy87:
National park- CRS
Kwa fall - CRS
Agbokim water fall- CRS
National conservation centre- CRS
Obudu ranch Resort- CRS

These can give u small joy. My AKS brothers and sisters we are one blood o don't kill d ministry. Yak ka ikot mbok.

Fashrola thanks, but CRS sounds like a clincher to me. I'm a nature lover. cheesy
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by eben123(m): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
fashrola:

Well just budget 10k and it's about 10-12hrs approximately
Thanks bro
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yomit71:
looking at d commentz above am sorry for nigerians, save d good road nothing is special in akwa ibom. people are suffering its just their light complexion that covers it. buy a plate of rice or garri for akwa ibom matured lady & u will Bleep her to fainting point

This is the most senseless post I've ever seen here this week...

Your opinion though but you need to take a chill pill.... You sounding like a jilted lover grin
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by blackbeau1(f): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
omooba969:

Do you reside in uyo?
on and off .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hit-And-Run Driver Kills A Man In Delta (Photo) / Lagos To Tackle Ketu Traffic Congestion With Construction Of Lay-Bys / Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.