Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,373 members, 7,954,511 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! (40674 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Ndkings1(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nigeria to Lome and back to cotonou how is that 3 countries?

3 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by zolajpower: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Cotonu and lome cheap die.. carry naira enter there e go be like say u carry pounds and euros.. too much money. don't know if it's still like that now cry
My brother buhari don changw am ,the cf is at par with the naira

3 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by deebrownneymar: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hope these guys are not human traffickers?

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
Bassry:
This is misleading. Na all of us Wan get free rides?
I should have put up a disclaimer. This was a personal experience. Other people's experience will obviously be different. You can spend less, you can spend more. I was just sharing mine smiley

3 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by kenevision(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Wow

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Maziebuka01(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
Me wey don go Uk and USA with just #50 nko
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
Papiikush:
15k?

For cotonu down here?

That was quite extravagant. 5k would have done this. undecided

*Next time you want to travel, prepare your host on real time updates (this would have saved the extra 4k for a hotel)

*From seme to Lome wouldn't cost you more than 1,500 naira. (well, you took free bus but let's assume you weren't lucky)

*Your Nigerian Sim cards work perfectly the only thing you should have done is get enough airtime. (No need to waste another 1,562 on Sim card)

*Wasting money on food (3,500)when you can get local and Nigerian dishes around. This wouldn't even cost 500 naira

Next time you wanna travel, be smart. Keep spending like this and you'll go broke in a week. (stranded in another country). Well you are a lady, people will pity you and take care of you.

Thank you sir smiley. Noted
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
velai:
Congrats madam.
Haha, thank you!
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
UnknownT:
Interesting! But it would have been better of you didn't add the #15000 budget. Some persons may just read the title and feel it's possible without reading the write-up to see all the free free things you enjoyed.
Everybody won't be lucky meeting Chuka

I would add a disclaimer to the post. This was a personal experience. I have spent less going to Cotonou before and more as well.. Will edit. Thanks for the feedback!
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
livebynite:
Carry enough garri with you on any trip
My no 1 companion during my trips! haha.
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
Odingo1:
One can easily be stranded traveling with only 15k, men should not try it, it is suitable for only women because they can easily hookup and get some money and free ride.

This is true, I did mention that I budgeted higher. If you're feeling adventurous, hitchhiking is the way to go and men travel the world for less too.

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by livebynite: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

My no 1 companion during my trips! haha.

It's cool that you got alot of favors , but I hope you know it's mostly because you are beautiful,? Men would always wanna help a pretty lady... Even ladies too. Hugoes find it harder to get freebies
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good adventure,
All I would love to know is,
What went down with your male host when he allowed you sleep in.

Tell us more,
Tell us about the adventure in your male host's other room!!
Because my people say,
Cat and fish can not stay together without an incidence.

And in the hood,
They say when a lady offers to pass the night in your house, she is in need of a good servicing.

Or did you leave Lagos to Lome just to eat fish?

Lol, I was scared of sharing this story specifically because of this. Couchsurfing is not a dating site (I'm aware many things go down in that department) but my host was respectful and boundaries were set. I had also contacted a few people (female surfers) who he had hosted in the past and was very comfortable to stay with him. Obviously, would advise ladies to be careful when surfing or hosting people but for the most part couschsurfers are pretty respectful with their guests

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2018
Oluwambo147:
Hope chuka no chuku chuku u
It was a bus ride, oga. Calm down.. lol

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
Follygunners:
Abeg, no begin dey raise pple's hopes na. Include West Africa countries for the title.
Haha, would you have read it?

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Cotonu and lome cheap die.. carry naira enter there e go be like say u carry pounds and euros.. too much money. don't know if it's still like that now cry

Our money is pretty rubbish right now! So things were a bit expensive
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
teamv:
I know how she got things done

Please enlighten us!
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Timinho23:
Beautiful adventure. I jumped off my couch hoping to see the incredible financial modelling skills that could manage 15k in such a trip. Anyway, not all of us would meet a "chuka" and get a free ride and All perks. And besides girls always are "favoured"

Don't worry, I'll share some tips and tricks some other time. But in this post, you have 'Couchsurfing'- which allows you stay with people for free and 'Hitchhiking -albeit, a more careful approach.
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Houstency:

You get mind o @Op. Next time you ready to go that kind of travel, carry me join body as companion. Superb adventure, keep it up.

Merci! smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Kontinue lieing. Ordiniary Ghana will cost 60k to and fro

3 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
nuttybyorigin:
Nice post Op. Once took a tour of the West Coast and it was an amazing experience. Tho my tour ended at Ghana. I would love to try it out all the way to Cote D'Ivoire. Maybe we can plan a trip as a group or something. What dyu think?
I'm going to IVC next! Using N100K through 5 countries. DM?
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Stevengerd(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
Atall Atall na hin bad pass, atleast op don travel out

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
Pavore9:
Nice one. I went as far as Ghana but do hope to extend it to Cote D'Ivoire when next I do the West African route.
Me too! Planning a trip there this year or next
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
imhotep:

who be this fine geh wey dey travel upandan

Na me o! grin
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by softprick: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Are you a ho ma’am?

Your head just dey beg for sacrifice.

You no go add the part chuka chuke prick.of all the names you wan use for alias na chuka grin

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
Odingo1:
One can easily be stranded traveling with only 15k, men should not try it, it is suitable for only women because they can easily hookup and get some money and free ride.
Only a silly person will actually travel with 15k only...
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ndkings1:
Nigeria to Lome and back to cotonou how is that 3 countries?
Through, Oga, not To Lol.. Through 3 countries - Nigeria, Benin and Togo
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
Investorbj:
I loved reading your blog. cool. travelwithapen.com
Thank you so much! smiley
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Na me o! grin
make i join you for this journey na grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos / What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) / Coronavirus: Germany To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.