Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! (40670 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
Shuku shaker a ya shoemaker, Caroline save the drama I don't need it for the soap opera
Oluwambo147:
Hope chuka no chuku chuku u

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Gangster1ms: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Our money is pretty rubbish right now! So things were a bit expensive
Kai! This country don finish cry

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
chocberry:
Kontinue lieing. Ordiniary Ghana will cost 60k to and fro
Personal experience, sir. I will love to travel cheaper, so please share tips..
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Stevengerd:
Atall Atall na hin bad pass, atleast op don travel out

You know!!!! hahaha
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by generalbush(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Haha, let me go and read it!

lol... cheesy

Na condition oo... "I must travel abroad syndrome" angry
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Emmahunk(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
That meal for N3500? Hmmm, N5k will get you a good buffet in a good hotel in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
livebynite:

It's cool that you got alot of favors , but I hope you know it's mostly because you are beautiful,? Men would always wanna help a pretty lady... Even ladies too. Hugoes find it harder to get freebies

Loving the compliment you just slipped in there, grin, thank you! But I met guys on my trip who were also doing the budget travel thing. Personalities help. If you smile, are friendly, look clean, people will help you.
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by jetroolowole(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
This is highly educative. I have learnt a lot. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Pavore9: 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Me too! Planning a trip there this year or next

It will be August 2019 for me as am doing road trip for Tanzania/Zanzibar, Rwanda, Uganda then probably Ethiopia this year.

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Stevengerd(m): 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

You know!!!! hahaha
Yea, hope u brought in goodies

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by blimeyVic(m): 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Wow!! You sound lively and interesting, but I'm so sure you copied and edited write-ups from the diary of a Briton travelling from Edinburgh to Nice.

Abeg, gist us about the potholes you passed, the crazy set of matching-ground-fee-collecting-hoodlums your driver had to swerve from, and how you met your supposed host on 2go or whatsapp, and suchlike.

No come here dey deceive innocent teens joor.

Until we all fix our country and region, this zone can be referred to as a s**t h+"e.

Why not, wasn't there another benue attack recently?

# I am senator Ben Bruce & I just want to make common sense.
#God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Emmahunk:
That meal for N3500? Hmmm, N5k will get you a good buffet in a good hotel in Nigeria
I know, might have gotten a cheaper place if I had asked before eating. I also paid for 2 meals.. so

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
jetroolowole:
This is highly educative. I have learnt a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading and your comment too smiley
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Pataricatering(f): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Godson201333:
Did this several times in west Africa and yeah it is possible and nothing new
really ? You sound like such a wonderful person !

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by swish9(m): 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
I'm making plans with a friend on going to Lome on a friday and coming back on sunday. I saw an hotel on the beach worth 36k for two nights (2 adults). My budget is 40k each. Need to know how Much it costs from Lagos to lome by bus. I've never set foot outside the shores of this country undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by hadura29(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good adventure,
All I would love to know is,
What went down with your male host when he allowed you sleep in.

Tell us more,
Tell us about the adventure in your male host's other room!!
Because my people say,
Cat and fish can not stay together without an incidence.

And in the hood,
They say when a lady offers to pass the night in your house, she is in need of a good servicing.

Or did you leave Lagos to Lome just to eat fish?

Weyrey ile wa has spoken...

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Bamz(m): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Personal experience, sir. I will love to travel cheaper, so please share tips..

I love stuff like this. You need to check out DamonAndJo on Youtube. Oh I checked out your blog and it seems you studied SE too. Same here. Oh and your magical trip to Morocco was quite impressive. Pretty sure that wasn't a low budget trip. cheesy

PS. Your living list is the bomb, I have only one of them in mind (don't ask me which tongue), the others will come later.

2 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Follygunners: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Haha, would you have read it?

Actually... coulda, woulda. Perhaps, I would! grin

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by livebynite: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

Loving the compliment you just slipped in there, grin, thank you! But I met guys on my trip who were also doing the budget travel thing. Personalities help. If you smile, are friendly, look clean, people will help you.

Don't be so modest ....if you were a hugoe you wouldn't get so many favors. Off course your smile would yeild results I mean come on look at you. You are an easy 20 /10...
The difference is when a hugoe smiles it looks like she is crying and no one will help , they will all direct her to the local church to seek assistance there

Just saying ...

3 Likes

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by deturla: 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
Papiikush:
15k?

For cotonu down here?

That was quite extravagant. 5k would have done this. undecided

*Next time you want to travel, prepare your host on real time updates (this would have saved the extra 4k for a hotel)

*From seme to Lome wouldn't cost you more than 1,500 naira. (well, you took free bus but let's assume you weren't lucky)

*Your Nigerian Sim cards work perfectly the only thing you should have done is get enough airtime. (No need to waste another 1,562 on Sim card)

*Wasting money on food (3,500)when you can get local and Nigerian dishes around. This wouldn't even cost 500 naira

Next time you wanna travel, be smart. Keep spending like this and you'll go broke in a week. (stranded in another country). Well you are a lady, people will pity you and take care of you.

I see You.
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Outofsync(m): 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
And you want to tell me chuka did all this for you without doing some chuku chuku

Kontinue lipsrsealed
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by naturefellow(m): 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
Odingo1:
One can easily be stranded traveling with only 15k, men should not try it, it is suitable for only women because they can easily hookup and get some money and free ride.
you have commented my comment, so I just have to hush now.

Well, lemme just drop this.. a male ought to have at least x4 of that budget for a hitch-free trip.

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Neddyogu(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good adventure,
All I would love to know is,
What went down with your male host when he allowed you sleep in.

Tell us more,
Tell us about the adventure in your male host's other room!!
Because my people say,
Cat and fish can not stay together without an incidence.

And in the hood,
They say when a lady offers to pass the night in your house, she is in need of a good servicing.

Or did you leave Lagos to Lome just to eat fish?

U is a wuuukeeet sombori oo grin
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by naturefellow(m): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
chocberry:
Kontinue lieing. Ordiniary Ghana will cost 60k to and fro
Bros, abeg ma Uber you enter, abi GUO...?
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
Pavore9:

It will be August 2019 for me as am doing road trip for Tanzania/Zanzibar, Rwanda, Uganda then probably Ethiopia this year.

That sounds like a hella of a trip! I hope you share the details, so we can enjoy it with you
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Don't try this if you're a guy o o,
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Stevengerd:
Yea, hope u brought in goodies

For sure, only problem is how will you collect it? lol
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
naturefellow:
Bros, abeg ma Uber you enter, abi GUO...?

ABC na 30-35k for transport to alone.

1 Like

Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
blimeyVic:
Wow!! You sound lively and interesting, but I'm so sure you copied and edited write-ups from the diary of a Briton travelling from Edinburgh to Nice.

Abeg, gist us about the potholes you passed, the crazy set of matching-ground-fee-collecting-hoodlums your driver had to swerve from, and how you met your supposed host on 2go or whatsapp, and suchlike.

No come here dey deceive innocent teens joor.

Until we all fix our country and region, this zone can be referred to as a s**t h+"e.

Why not, wasn't there another benue attack recently?

# I am senator Ben Bruce & I just want to make common sense.
#God bless Nigeria.

Oh I have several posts about the stress of travelling within Nigeria/Africa. Seme border alone stress is crazy. This didn't focus on that
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Pavore9: 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
Seslie:

That sounds like a hella of a trip! I hope you share the details, so we can enjoy it with you

Will try my best.
Re: How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Bamz:

I love stuff like this. You need to check out DamonAndJo on Youtube. Oh I checked out your blog and it seems you studied SE too. Same here. Oh and your magical trip to Morocco was quite impressive. Pretty sure that wasn't a low budget trip. cheesy

PS. Your living list is the bomb, I have only one of them in mind (don't ask me which tongue), the others will come later.
I 'll check the page out, thanks for sharing and thank you so much for reading my blog smiley.. Studied Comp Sci but work as a SE. cool - same same though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo) / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / Man Left Nigeria For Libya With 2 Legs, Returns Back With Crutches. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.