Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? (47880 Views)

Can Someone Be Jewish And Atheist In The Meantime ? / How Enki Created The Homo Sapiens / God Almighty Is Beyond Atum, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Baal, Enki, Olorun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
I asked you a question which you never answered before firing back with 5 of yours...
You see what happens when one cuts off the nose to spite the face
If you had given responses to those FIVE questions, you would have seen my answer in your responses.

OkCornel:
Do well to go back and reply it... And please what is HULAL?
By now, after reading the immediate above, you its you who needs to do well and go back to the five earlier questions.

Do the hard work
and heavy lifting yourself, about what HULAL is
and about what Genesis 4:26 correctly interpreted, means or is all about

OkCornel:
I pointed out something to you in Exodus 6 v 3; God revealed Himself as Jehovah to Abraham and His lineage...
Is that really what God said in Exodus 6:3 about Abraham to Moses?
Now, you'll whinge that someone is impatient with someone else who ought to know better

OkCornel:
Then tell me, what name Adam and his lineage before Abraham called God by... Jehovah or YHWH? If yes, please refer me to a Bible verse where Adam to Enos called God by these names...
Not the tetragrammaton,
so neither Jehovah or YHWH.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Genesis 4 v 26;

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Please do you know this name by which the ancient men in the days of Enos called upon God Almighty?

Were these ancient men Hebrews too?

If you carefully read and understood the post I made in reference to fallen angels establishing ancient religions around the world, then you wouldn't type what I just bolded in your post...

Always in a haste to assume things I never said...I have asked you to mention where I said Annunaki is YHWH...you haven't replied. Now you are saying I am one of those people saying Allah is YHWH...

Please and please, don't tempt me to embarrass anyone here...
You asked this
OkCornel:

Could Enki be the manifestation YHWH before the Hebrews came to be?

I am asking if they could be one and the same entity...or otherwise
I said no, unless their Acts are the same.

Then you said this
OkCornel:

The Almighty One decides to manifest Himself in whichever way He desires to...it's just that due to our limited abilities to perceive the limitless, we are fixed in our definition of who He is...

We are limited to describing Him by the part He deems fit to reveal to us...

I've gone beyond the label of names to identify God...and I keep things simple that way. Trying to label Him with a name would be the beginning of confusion...
This is where you implied that Anu is YHWH

Again, you said 'If you focus on the names, labels and contradictions, one can get confused along the way...

Sticking to the bigger picture makes things easier...'

Who needs another explanation to know you passed off Anu for YHWH?

My point has been, let's ascertain these deities by their Acts, but you refuse to even look into that. Why?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Nope...

However, the links above and archaeological findings reveal that the Epic of Gilgamesh was written before the book of Genesis...

That's my point.

Whether Moses copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh is none of my business...because I wasn't there when and how the book of Genesis was written...
In other words, you don't believe YHWH. Yet you insist on having the spirit of truth in you?

Okay, since Epic of Gilgamesh was written before Genesis, Anu has to be the Aupreme God right? Where then is he today? Only in the pages of books.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Not until you do some research...

The fallen angels introduced ancient religions around the world, bearing a lot of similarities to the worship of the one true God...

Names like El, Elion e.t.c. were used in pagan worship by these malicious entities...

Like I mentioned earlier, it takes calmness and patience to listen to the Spirit of God to guide you away from these deception...

Also bear in mind that the Devil knows the Bible just as much as you do, so do not rely on the Bible alone as your defense...it's the Spirit of God that makes the difference...
You ran ahead of me, for this is where i was leading you to.
Satan masquerades as YHWH presenting half truths to them and they believe him. That is thw same mistake you have been making here by saying YHWH manifests Himself by different names in different cultures. That's the lie of satan who want men to worship him as YHWH.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Ask ifeness for the attributes of Anu and YHWH...I'm not in for all of that...

A child ought to know his father if he truly wants to know who his father is...

I wonder how you claim to have the Holy Spirit that would lead you into all truth and yet that same holy spirit cannot reveal the one and true God to you...

You still need names and labels to identify the one true God? Quite interesting...
Oh, He reveals Himself to me alright, that is why i can't mistake him for shiva or Anu because they are all gods.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Going by the bolded... Pastors that fall astray and preach/practice false doctrines (e.g. Obligatory monetary tithing)...are they not Christians too?
Pls don't derail thia thread with your misunderstanding of Tithing.

There lots of Tithing threads here, mention me there and we shall discuss that.

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
ifenes:

I will put all that on my own thread. Have a look tonight when I unload real knowledge, it will be a waste on here.
You mean i shd abandone this thread and come to yours when you could just post those points here?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Separate me from ifeness and tell me where I mentioned Annunaki is YHWH...

I am waiting for you to show me where I mentioned Annunaki is YHWH
You implied it and i asked you some questions, you still insisted by telling me if i had the Holy Spirit i'd have known.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You see what happens when one cuts off the nose to spite the face
If you had give responses to those give questions, you would have seen my answer in your responses.

By now, after reading the immediate above, you its you who needs to do well and go back to the five earlier questions.

Do the hard work
and heavy lifting yourself, about what HULAL is
and about what Genesis 4:26 correctly interpreted, means or is all about

Is that really what God said in Exodus 6:3 about Abraham to Moses?
Now, you'll whinge that someone is impatient with someone else who ought to know better

Not the tetragrammaton,
so neither Jehovah or YHWH.

You answered my question with 5 questions...and you think its proper to answer yours first...

ride on... If you are looking for someone to argue with, there are other people on this thread...I have made my point clear...

oh and yes, I made an error on Exodus 6 v 3; He did reveal Himself to Abraham and the others but not with the name Jehovah... ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? By the way, how does this invalidate what I have been saying all this while?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

You implied it and i asked you some questions, you still insisted by telling me if i had the Holy Spirit i'd have known.

I mentioned something, and you understood it in another angle different from what I told you...

I am not responsible for what you'll eventually understand... it's down to your perception...

Where did I mention Annunaki and Allah and YHWH are one and the same personality?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls don't derail thia thread with your misunderstanding of Tithing.

There lots of Tithing threads here, mention me there and we shall discuss that.

Tell me what I do not understand about tithing?

That Christians have to tithe to be blessed? Abeg I no wan laugh for here...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

In other words, you don't believe YHWH. Yet you insist on having the spirit of truth in you?

Okay, since Epic of Gilgamesh was written before Genesis, Anu has to be the Aupreme God right? Where then is he today? Only in the pages of books.

The writer of the Epic of Gilgamesh could have been inspired by God or by a fallen Angel to see far into the past...

It's not about who tells you the first version of the story that automatically means it's 100% truth...

Like I mentioned earlier...if you truly have the Spirit of Truth at work in you, you won't be confused by excess details...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

You asked this

Then you said this

Again, you said 'If you focus on the names, labels and contradictions, one can get confused along the way...

My point has been, let's ascertain these deities by their Acts, but you refuse to even look into that. Why?

By sticking to the bigger picture is this...

There are numerous accounts of the creation story which points to the fact that a Supreme Creator was responsible for the design and existence of earth as we know it...

It is our duty and purpose to be in constant communication with the Supreme Creator moreso, being that His Spirit exists and powers the very existence of man...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

You asked this

Then you said this

It's sad... so you are implying you can pass off Satan as God even when you have the Spirit of God in you?

All because you couldn't tie down God with a name?

Anyways, since you mentioned that if their acts are the same, then there was no need for us to go back and forth on this...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
You answered my question with 5 questions...and you think its proper to answer yours first...
I've already told you that, if you had given responses to those FIVE questions, you would have seen my answer to the question, in your responses.

OkCornel:
ride on... If you are looking for someone to argue with, there are other people on this thread...I have made my point clear...
Oh yes, you have other people on this thread, who would permit you to push your agenda on

OkCornel:
oh and yes,
I made an error on Exodus 6 v 3;
He did reveal Himself to Abraham and the others
but not with the name Jehovah...
Oh well.
Had to literally, get your arm twisted behind your back for you to see that. Isn't it?

OkCornel:
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
By the way, how does this invalidate what I have been saying all this while?
No, I am not happy now
I won't be until you answer those FIVE questions
but you wouldn't because you know you'll tie yourself in knots
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I've already told you that, if you had given responses to those FIVE questions, you would have seen my answer to the question, in your responses.

Oh yes, you have other people on this thread, who would permit you to push your agenda on

Oh well

No, I am not happy now

Bros, I asked a question to get direct answers...not to get questions in return...

If you have the answers to the question you asked me...why ask me in the first place? to prove what exactly?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Oh well

No, I am not happy now

Don't be a conspiracy theorist.... what exactly is my agenda? Say it out loud since you can read my mind...

I am waiting for your accusations...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
Bros, I asked a question to get direct answers...not to get questions in return...

If you have the answers to the question you asked me...why ask me in the first place? to prove what exactly?
Let's start all over again

Oya, rewind and playback, what is the question?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Let's start all over again

Oya, rewind and playback, what is the question?

Food for thought...

Yahweh revealed Himself to the Hebrews such as Jacob, Moses, Abraham...e.t.c.

If this same God revealed Himself to an Indian man...or an Arabic man, would they record the name as Yahweh OR rather document the meaning of Yahweh in their mother tongue?

I went back and forth with Emmanystone on this... for example, who is Olodumare to the Yorubas or Chukwu to the Ibos?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
Don't be a conspiracy theorist.... what exactly is my agenda? Say it out loud since you can read my mind...

I am waiting for your accusations...
Your agenda to deviate from the remit of the thread's discussion
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Your agenda to deviate from the remit of the thread's discussion

And what exactly did I do to deviate from this thread's discussion?

Anyways, y'all can have fun. If this was my agenda...then I wonder why I was invited to the thread in the first place...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
Food for thought...

We've gone through with this remark of yours, being incorrect, in terms of He didn't reveal Himself to Abraham or Jacob as Yahweh.
Haven't we?

OkCornel:
If this same God revealed Himself to an Indian man...or an Arabic man, would they record the name as Yahweh OR rather document the meaning of Yahweh in their mother tongue?
They would, the latter
and it will have the essence, substance and panache of what the tetragrammaton is and all about.
Seen that I've answered your question,
ARE YOU NOW HAPPY?

OkCornel:
I went back and forth with Emmanystone on this... for example, who is Olodumare to the Yorubas or Chukwu to the Ibos?
Who is Olodumare to the Yorubas
or Chukwu to the Ibos is neither here nor there because we aren't talking of Olodumare nor Chukwu but about the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH, what it's about and means.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Anyways, y'all can have fun. If this was my agenda...then I wonder why I was invited to the thread in the first place...
Don't be like that.
OK, I am sorry, please come back.
Sword is sheathed
Your useful information and valuable contribution is needed and will be missed if you stop participating on the thread
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Tell me what I do not understand about tithing?

That Christians have to tithe to be blessed? Abeg I no wan laugh for here...
This thread is not about Tithing sir. Take it somewhere else
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

The writer of the Epic of Gilgamesh could have been inspired by God or by a fallen Angel to see far into the past...

It's not about who tells you the first version of the story that automatically means it's 100% truth...

Like I mentioned earlier...if you truly have the Spirit of Truth at work in you, you won't be confused by excess details...
Hahahahahahaha. You make me really laugh with this your 'if you have the spirit of truth'. You have the spirit of truth yet you can't see that Anu is satan in disguise, you are still speculating that he could be YHWH. Hahahahahaha. Do you also know he has soooo many daughters as goddesses?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

By sticking to the bigger picture is this...

There are numerous accounts of the creation story which points to the fact that a Supreme Creator was responsible for the design and existence of earth as we know it...

It is our duty and purpose to be in constant communication with the Supreme Creator moreso, being that His Spirit exists and powers the very existence of man...
Your bigger picture here seems to be the general believe that since Anu created the Universe according to Enuma Elish, and YHWH created the Universe in Genesis, Anu is YHWH the supreme abi? Pls eh, stop with the 'If you have the Spirit of truth', because he who has the Spirit of Truth is certain of what is.

Compare the two entities and see if there are the same, as you still imply here that they are the same.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

It's sad... so you are implying you can pass off Satan as God even when you have the Spirit of God in you?

All because you couldn't tie down God with a name?

Anyways, [b]since you mentioned that if their acts are the same, then there was no need for us to go back and forth on this...[/b]
Did i say their Acts are the same? I said you shd present Anu's Acts let's scrutinize them and see if there are the same with that of YHWH.

Sir, he who has the Spirit of God doesn't need to sing it as you are doing here. Talk and we shall decipher it.

You are not even sure of who YHWH the God you claim to have His Spirit is, hence, you speculate that He could be Anu revealing Himself to the Sumerians as such. You even said He could further reveal Himself to the Indians as another god.

This shows that you don't know your God. If you truly have His Spirit, you'd know that He reveals Himself as the LORD to all and His Acts will be Consistent with Words.

Wonderful....
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Food for thought...

Did you mean Chineke?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

I invited you because i thought you knew who YHWH is with all the shout about 'The Spirit of Truth', unfortunately, I was wrong.

Those that know their, they stand firm and do exploit. You don't speculate.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by CuteMadridista: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2018
both are imaginary. no need for this dick measuring contest
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
CuteMadridista:
both are imaginary. no need for this dick measuring contest
And you are?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

I invited you because i thought you knew who YHWH is with all the shout about 'The Spirit of Truth', unfortunately, I was wrong.

Those that know their, they stand firm and do exploit. You don't speculate.

You have consistently refused to understand the message I am passing across...

Apparently, your understanding of God is still limited to 66 books chosen by the Council of Nicaea to be your Bible as at today...

The same Bible the Devil and his false prophets can quote to you and deceive you with...

Too bad...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

TB Joshua Praying On The Mountain For Coronavirus To End (Video) / Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today / Share Your Best Christmas Selfie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.