Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? (47944 Views)

Can Someone Be Jewish And Atheist In The Meantime ? / How Enki Created The Homo Sapiens / God Almighty Is Beyond Atum, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Baal, Enki, Olorun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Emmanystone:

If i follow you, i'll end confused worahipping a demon masquerading as Jehovah. They are not known by their names, but by their acts, but you have over looked that.

Please tell me what I have overlooked...

Kindly explain where you misunderstood me...because I do not understand the basis for this hasty conclusion
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

The tetragrammaton YHWH or Yahweh, serves its purpose and so is enough name, for God, to give out
I think can guess why God didnt tell Jacob and Moses, what His real name is

Food for thought...

Yahweh revealed Himself to the Hebrews such as Jacob, Moses, Abraham...e.t.c.

If this same God revealed Himself to an Indian man...or an Arabic man, would they record the name as Yahweh OR rather document the meaning of Yahweh in their mother tongue?

4 Likes

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
Emmanystone:

Let's not walk with names, let's work with their M.Os.

Again, i say, present the attributes of Anu let me present that of YHWH let's compare and contrast.

All these names are of little concern to me...

If the Spirit of God works in you, you can differentiate the Almighty from the others...

Just as the Apostles of old did...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
Emmanystone:

I think you are saying this because you see Moses who wrote the Genesis account as the one who created the universe, because if not, you won't begin comparing the Epic of Gilgamesh with Genesis.

How many generations spanned from Abraham to Moses? Yet Abraham had lived in Ur of mesopotamia for 75yrs with his other family members before living for Canaan where his own family tree began down to Moses.

Bros, come up.

You need to step up your research so we don't have to go back and forth on this issue...

Based on research done by history scholar and archaeologists, the earliest estimated date when Epic of Gilgamesh was written (which is based on the oldest existing forms of the poem found on cuneiform) was around 2,000 BC...you can go through this link to confirm;

http://webpages.uidaho.edu/engl257/Ancient/epic_of_gilgamesh.htm

While the earliest estimated date for when Genesis was written is 1,290 BC. You can also confirm vis this link;
https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_678.cfm

Also feel free to do your research to corroborate or counter this...

Cheers

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 7:37am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
Food for thought...

If this same God revealed Himself to an Indian man...or an Arabic man, would they record the name as Yahweh OR rather document the meaning of Yahweh in their mother tongue?
"Food for thought" questions and/or explainings to do:

#1) It 'll be great, you explain what name Yahweh revealed Himself as, to the Hebrews, in particular, such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

#2) Then, convincingly explain the meaning and implication of Exodus 6:3
Why did God, literally, in Exodus 6:3 say:
"by My name, YHWH or Yahweh, not did I reveal Myself to them"

#3) Now, explain from your understanding what the tetragrammaton, YHWH or Yahweh, explain means?

#4) OK, to what end and purpose, is this same God, differently, revealing Himself, with another name, to the Indian man... or an Arab...?

#5) About "meaning of Yahweh in their mother tongue",
please explain and give a list of the other names in their mother tongues, revealed to "the Indian man... or an Arab..."
that carries same substance, reality and panache in meaning, as the name, Yahweh or YHWH, does

PS: Please, no half hearted and/or ineffectual five answered responses
and no evasions or sidestepping any of the five questions
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 8:49am On Mar 09, 2018
Gayjesus:

Nice. I laughed when he said gilgermesh copied Moses, I just chose to ignore
You laughed Becos you are ignorant. Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, because of that you believe the Epic Of Gilgamesh preceeds Genesis, question for you now is, did Moses create the Universe?

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2018
Gayjesus:

What is the point of this thread if you guys feel you already know it all. To learn you need to be empty.

No wonder billionaire did not bother commenting

Asking where is Enki now, where is your god now too undecided
Jesus is here changing lives and transforming destinies. If i don't know for others, i know for myself.

You believe in Anu, what has he done for you? I can begin to count what YHWH has done for me and people around me.

3 Likes

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 9:52am On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
0"Food for thought" questions and/or explainings to do:

#1) It 'll be great, you explain what name Yahweh revealed Himself as, to the Hebrews, in particular, such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

#3) Now, explain from your understanding what the tetragrammaton, YHWH or Yahweh, explain means?

#4) OK, to what end and purpose, is this same God, differently, revealing Himself, with another name, to the Indian man... or an Arab...?

please explain and give a list of the other names in their mother tongues, revealed to "the Indian man... or an Arab..."
that carries same substance, reality and panache in meaning, as the name, Yahweh or YHWH, does

Like I mentioned earlier, try not to get lost in the labels and names. Playing the name and religion game profits no one here...

There was something Elihu mentioned to Job and his other friends which you should take note of in Job 32 v 8;
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

God has been talking to and revealing Himself to men and not just the Jews alone right from the ancient times...

That's the point I'm making here...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 10:26am On Mar 09, 2018
Gayjesus:

A god you have no personal knowledge of. Where is the god today ?
Do you have personal knowledge of Enki you believe in?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
Like I mentioned earlier,
try not to get lost in the labels and names.
Playing the name and religion game profits no one here...
What the #$£¥¤¿%¤±?
SMH, like I mentioned earlier, were you not warned as I envisaged you would, not to try evade answering the five questions?

You must be having a laugh. I think Gayjesus laugh must be catching on.

Tell, was it me, who instigated or chose the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH "label"?

OkCornel:
There was something Elihu mentioned to Job and his other friends which you should take note of in Job 32 v 8;
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
You keep going down a detour road,
and continually harping about Elihu and Job.

I will now rein you in and back to Exodus 6:3.
Rein you back to the same Exodus 6:3, that you're behaving like a long oil tanker making a slow u-turn on a busy road with.

Now, without your further questions ducking, compare Job 32:8 with Exodus 6:3 and tell what you see common about how God is known, in both verses to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob and Elihu & Job?

OkCornel:
God has been talking to and revealing Himself to men and not just the Jews alone right from the ancient times...

The point is you are yet to make any tangible and connectable point, that's in relation to the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH
Please just answer the earlier five questions.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2018
ifenes:

Chill with your god, Yahweh/ Annunaki god. I don’t have time for meaningless debate
This is not a debate, it's a discussion which you are trying to derail.

Why you copping out is because you know so well you'll be grinded to dust if you attempt to present the characteristics of Anu here. Even you will see that you have been claiming that YHWH and Anu are the entity in error or you know but deceitfully pass it on.

If you know from Enuma Elish that you believe so much in, that Anu is YHWH, then you won't waste time but present the proves here.

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What the #$£¥¤¿%¤±?
SMH, like I mentioned earlier, were you not warned as I envisaged you would, not to try evade answering the five questions?
You must be having a laugh. I think Gayjesus laugh must be catching on.
Tell, was it me, who instigated or chose the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH "label"?

You keep going down a detour road,
and continually harping about Elihu and Job.

I will now rein you in and back to Exodus 6:3.
Rein you back to the same Exodus 6:3, that you're behaving like a long oil tanker making a slow u-turn on a busy road with.

Now without further duckings, compare Job 32:8 with Exodus 6:3 and tell what you see common about how God is known, in both verses to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob and Elihu & Job?

The point is you are yet to make any tangible and connectable point, that's in relation to the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH
Please just answer the earlier five questions.

It seems you are not patient enough to get the message I am passing across...

God is not a God of the Hebrews or Christians alone...He is the Creator of all, and chooses to reveal Himself to whomever He deems fit...

In addition to Job 32 v 8; read up Genesis 4 v 26;

26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Before YHWH was known in name, men worshipped and knew God... I have read Exodus 6 v 3 you have been brandishing in my face, now answer my question, before Abraham...please tell us the name God revealed Himself to right from Adam to the days of Enos...is there a name anywhere?

It's irritating when someone tries to make a point and you see it as pointless and meaningless or as escaping your questions. Calm down and see things from the other person's point of view. I am not here to argue needlessly biko...

And for the records, deal with me separately from Gayjesus or anyone else!
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2018
ifenes:

Read the Enuma Elish, it is the oldest creation account. Read for yourself if you want to know. Google it. I was going to say a lot about it until one of you made a nasty comment.
Pls don't send me to read anything. The Op says present your points here, it doesn't say, direct people on what to read.

What does Enuma Elish say? Present it here.

Since i joined this forum i have watched you act like you actually know what you are talking about, that's because no one has really taken time to tackle you.

Pls present all about Anu, whom you claim is YHWH here. I'd like to know that Anu is my God.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Then you do not have the Spirit of God/Truth working in you...

This is what happens when you see God through the eyes of religion...

If you truly have the Spirit of God in you, then you won't be typing this fear of worshipping a Demon in the place of God...

Can you ask God for bread and get stone in return? Why do people fear the deceit of darkness over the power of TRUTH?
Pls don't fall my hand here, abeg.

So if i have the spirit of God that is when i will accept anyone who presents me with any god saying it is YHWH? You just presented Anunnaki to me as YHWH, ad far as you are concerned i shd accept it like that before i will be a Christian according to you?

Who is even talking about religion here?

How do you know a man? Isn't it by what he does? How do you know a Christian? Isn't it by what he/she does? Is it by what they say they are? Haven't you seen Satanists presenting themselves as Christians, shd we accept them as such just because they claim it?

You said God manifests himself in different ways, which i didn't object to, but for you to say Anu is YHWH is for you to present the Acts and Ways of Anu juxtaposing them with that of YHWH, with that you can see if indeed they are, for YHWH is unchangeable. Except you say He changes.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

So if i have the spirit of God that is when i will accept anyone who presents me with any god saying it is YHWH? You just presented Anunnaki to me as YHWH, ad far as you are concerned i shd accept it like that before i will be a Christian according to you?

How do you know a man? Isn't it by what he does? How do you know a Christian? Isn't it by what he/she does? Is it by what they say they are? Haven't you seen Satanists presenting themselves as Christians, shd we accept them as such just because they claim it?

You said God manifests himself in different ways, which i didn't object to, but for you to say Anu is YHWH is for you to present the Acts and Ways of Anu juxtaposing them with that of YHWH, with that you can see if indeed they are, for YHWH is unchangeable. Except you say He changes.

Separate me from ifeness and tell me where I mentioned Annunaki is YHWH...

I am waiting for you to show me where I mentioned Annunaki is YHWH
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by ifenes(m): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls don't send me to read anything. The Op says present your points here, it doesn't say, direct people on what to read.

What does Enuma Elish say? Present it here.

Since i joined this forum i have watched you act like you actually know what you are talking about, that's because no one has really taken time to tackle you.

Pls present all about Anu, whom you claim is YHWH here. I'd like to know that Anu is my God.

I will put all that on my own thread. Have a look tonight when I unload real knowledge, it will be a waste on here.

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

Going by the bolded... Pastors that fall astray and preach/practice false doctrines (e.g. Obligatory monetary tithing)...are they not Christians too?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by butterflylion: 10:57am On Mar 09, 2018
ifenes:

I will put all that on my own thread. Have a look tonight when I unload real knowledge, it will be a waste on here.

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Please tell me what I have overlooked...

Kindly explain where you misunderstood me...because I do not understand the basis for this hasty conclusion
You overlooked their Modus Operandi, that is why you insist they are the same entity.

You said, it shouldn't be about their names, but how do we identify them if we overlook their names? If you don't know your name, you can be called anything.
Without identity the value of a thing will be lost or worst still misplaced.

The Noun God is a title not a name, hence every deity has a personal name and their names reflects what and who they are.

Most importantly, their Acts. These gods have ways they act, demons may pretend to be YHWH, but slow down and scrutinize, you'll catch them masquerading as YHWH. Sadly, so called Christians accepts them as their God.

Bros, you can not just pass off YHWH as Anu without making sure they Act in the same way.

So, i ask you again to pls present here the attributes of Anu, let me present that of YHWH, with these, we can compare and contrst.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Food for thought...

So YHWH will reveal himself to indians as Shiva instead of YHWH? This is the thing.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 11:02am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

All these names are of little concern to me...

If the Spirit of God works in you, you can differentiate the Almighty from the others...

Just as the Apostles of old did...
Okay, i agree, lets leave their names out, Now present their Acts.

How many times will I have to say this nau?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 11:02am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

You overlooked their Modus Operandi, that is why you insist they are the same entity.

You said, it shouldn't be about their names, but how do we identify them if we overlook their names? If you don't know your name, you can be called anything.
Without identity the value of a thing will be lost or worst still misplaced.

The Noun God is a title not a name, hence every deity has a personal name and their names reflects what and who they are.

Most importantly, their Acts. These gods have ways they act, demons may pretend to be YHWH, but slow down and scrutinize, you'll catch them masquerading as YHWH. Sadly, so called Christians accepts them as their God.

Bros, you can not just pass off YHWH as Anu without making sure they Act in the same way.

So, i ask you again to pls present here the attributes of Anu, let me present that of YHWH, with these, we can compare and contrst.

Ask ifeness for the attributes of Anu and YHWH...I'm not in for all of that...

A child ought to know his father if he truly wants to know who his father is...

I wonder how you claim to have the Holy Spirit that would lead you into all truth and yet that same holy spirit cannot reveal the one and true God to you...

You still need names and labels to identify the one true God? Quite interesting...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

You need to step up your research so we don't have to go back and forth on this issue...

Based on research done by history scholar and archaeologists, the earliest estimated date when Epic of Gilgamesh was written (which is based on the oldest existing forms of the poem found on cuneiform) was around 2,000 BC...you can go through this link to confirm;

http://webpages.uidaho.edu/engl257/Ancient/epic_of_gilgamesh.htm

While the earliest estimated date for when Genesis was written is 1,290 BC. You can also confirm vis this link;
https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_678.cfm

Also feel free to do your research to corroborate or counter this...

Cheers
You think i have not already read those links?

Pls sir tell me, did Moses create the Universe?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
0"Food for thought" questions and/or explainings to do:

Very good.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

So YHWH will reveal himself to indians as Shiva instead of YHWH? This is the thing.

Not until you do some research...

The fallen angels introduced ancient religions around the world, bearing a lot of similarities to the worship of the one true God...

Names like El, Elion e.t.c. were used in pagan worship by these malicious entities...

Like I mentioned earlier, it takes calmness and patience to listen to the Spirit of God to guide you away from these deception...

Also bear in mind that the Devil knows the Bible just as much as you do, so do not rely on the Bible alone as your defense...it's the Spirit of God that makes the difference...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 11:10am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

You think i have not already read those links?

Pls sir tell me, did Moses create the Universe?

Nope...

However, the links above and archaeological findings reveal that the Epic of Gilgamesh was written before the book of Genesis...

That's my point.

Whether Moses copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh is none of my business...because I wasn't there when and how the book of Genesis was written...

1 Like

Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 11:17am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

Like I mentioned earlier, try not to get lost in the labels and names. Playing the name and religion game profits no one here...

Pls answer his questions and add if this God who reveals Himself to men other than the Jews changes in his Mode of Operations.

I need to know because people like you are those who insists that Allah is YHWH and make lazy Christians worship satan.

YHWH has His ways whether or not he deals with the Jews, hence i asked you earlier where you found the account of Job(?). Was it in Vishnu or Koran? Isn't it in the Bible?

Good used Cyrus for His work in rebuilding the Walls of Jerusalem burnt down by Nebuchadnezzar. Cyrus was a heathen king. God used Nebuchadnezzar and later, Alexander The Great to fulfill His prophecy of destroying Tyre and Sidon, were they Jews? No. Where did we find these men? In the Bible. Were YHWH's acts in the activities of these men different from those we know in the midst of the Jews?

If Shiva claims she is YHWH will you not scrutinize her by her acts before believing that she indeed is YHWH manifesting as a goddess in India?
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 11:23am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls answer his questions and add if this God who reveals Himself to men other than the Jews changes in his Mode of Operations.

I need to know because people like you are those who insists that Allah is YHWH and make lazy Christians worship satan.

YHWH has His ways whether or not he deals with the Jews, hence i asked you earlier where you found the account of Job(?). Was it in Vishnu or Koran? Isn't it in the Bible?

Good used Cyrus for His work in rebuilding the Walls of Jerusalem burnt down by Nebuchadnezzar. Cyrus was a heathen king. God used Nebuchadnezzar and later, Alexander The Great to fulfill His prophecy of destroying Tyre and Sidon, were they Jews? No. Where did we find these men? In the Bible. Were YHWH's acts in the activities of these men different from those we know in the midst of the Jews?

If Shiva claims she is YHWH will you not scrutinize her by her acts before believing that she indeed is YHWH manifesting as a goddess in India?

Genesis 4 v 26;

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Please do you know this name by which the ancient men in the days of Enos called upon God Almighty?

Were these ancient men Hebrews too?

If you carefully read and understood the post I made in reference to fallen angels establishing ancient religions around the world, then you wouldn't type what I just bolded in your post...

Always in a haste to assume things I never said...I have asked you to mention where I said Annunaki is YHWH...you haven't replied. Now you are saying I am one of those people saying Allah is YHWH...

Please and please, don't tempt me to embarrass anyone here...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by MuttleyLaff: 11:28am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:
I am patient, and very patient enough to see that the message you are passing across is premature if not distracting to what the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH, the subject of this discussion is

OkCornel:
God is not a God of the Hebrews or Christians alone...He is the Creator of all
God, whether acknowledged or not, doesnt minimise or nullifies God being God of everybody and all things

OkCornel:
and chooses to reveal Himself to whomever He deems fit...
The LORD answered: All right. I am the LORD,
and I show mercy and kindness to anyone I choose
I will let you see my glory and hear my holy name,

- Exodus 33:19
You see Exodus 33:19 above, that you aren't saying anything that isn't in public domain

OkCornel:

26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord
If you know what "hulal" means you wouldn't quote this verse and quote it with the intention of misinterpreting it too.

OkCornel:
Before YHWH was known in name, men worshipped and knew God...
I have read Exodus 6 v 3 you have been brandishing in my face,
now answer my question, before Abraham...please tell us the name God revealed Himself to right from Adam to the days of Enos...is there a name anywhere?
Yes, but by now, I think you're about beginning to understand why God only offered the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH as being enough

OkCornel:
It's irritating when someone tries to make a point and you see it as pointless and meaningless or as escaping your questions. Calm down and see things from the other person's point of view. I am not here to argue needlessly biko...
Let me correct you on what could b irritating, personal agenda, to change the remit of the discussion.
What can be irritating, is dodging answering questions and putting forward points first before answering same questions

And for the records, deal with me separately from Gayjesus or anyone else![/quote]I am dealing with you squarely, directly and only.
Gayjesus came in to our healthy dialogue and conversation because his laughing seemed to have rubbed off on you

Now, please stop putting the cart before the horse, start answering questions and then you, afterwards can go ahead, making your point(s)
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I am patient, and very patient enough to see that the message you are passing across is premature if not distracting to what the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH, the subject of this discussion is

God, whether acknowledged or not, doesnt minimise or nullifies God being God of everybody and all things

The LORD answered: All right. I am the LORD,
and I show mercy and kindness to anyone I choose
I will let you see my glory and hear my holy name,

- Exodus 33:19
You see Exodus 33:19 above, that you aren't saying anything that isn't in public domain

If you know what "hulal" means you wouldn't quote this verse and quote it with the intention of misinterpreting it too.

Yes, but by now, I think you're about beginning to understand why God only offered the tetragrammaton Yahweh or YHWH as being enough

Let me correct you on what could b irritating, personal agenda, to change the remit of the discussion.
What can be irritating, is dodging answering questions and putting forward points first before answering same questions

And for the records, deal with me separately from Gayjesus or anyone else!I am dealing with you squarely, directly and only.
Gayjesus came in to our healthy dialogue and conversation because his laughing seemed to have rubbed off on you

Now, please stop putting the cart before the horse, start answering questions and then you, afterwards can go ahead, making your point(s)

I asked you a question which you never answered before firing back with 5 of yours...

Do well to go back and reply it... And please what is HULAL?

I pointed out something to you in Exodus 6 v 3; God revealed Himself as Jehovah to Abraham and His lineage...

Then tell me, what name Adam and his lineage before Abraham called God by... Jehovah or YHWH? If yes, please refer me to a Bible verse where Adam to Enos called God by these names...
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by Emmanystone: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2018
OkCornel:

God is not a God of the Hebrews or Christians alone...He is the Creator of all, and chooses to reveal Himself to whomever He deems fit...

26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Before YHWH was known in name, men worshipped and knew God... I have read Exodus 6 v 3 you have been brandishing in my face, now answer my question, before Abraham...please tell us the name God revealed Himself to right from Adam to the days of Enos...is there a name anywhere?

And for the records, deal with me separately from Gayjesus or anyone else!
Pls compare this And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
Genesis:4:26

And this And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
Exodus:6:2
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus:6:3

May be you will get an understanding that the LORD has a particular way he appeared and dealt with those He had led as the LORD.

He never changes. If he is the LORD to you, He'll be the LORD to me. Tha is why He was the LORD to Moses a Jew and was the LORD to Job a non Jew.
Re: DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? by OkCornel(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls compare this And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
Genesis:4:26

And this And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
Exodus:6:2
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus:6:3

May be you will get an understanding that the LORD has a particular way he appeared and dealt with those He had led as the LORD.

He never changes. If he is the LORD to you, He'll be the LORD to me. Tha is why He was the LORD to Moses a Jew and was the LORD to Job a non Jew.

One thing is common... He is the LORD...

All those other numerous names can be called in any other language by whosoever... we are privy to know names like YHWH or Jehovah majorly due to the impact of Judaism and Christianity all around the world...

To an ancient Yoruba man, YHWH is perhaps Eledumare (Olodumare); just as He is Chukwu to Ibo...or Abasi to the south south people...

Bear in mind that these regions also had lesser gods...but were aware of the knowledge of the one true sovereign God...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olodumare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Defies Twitter Ban Because Of UN Charter On Human Rights / "How Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Aided The Arrest Of Evans, The Notorious Kidnapper" / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ashimolowo's Allegations: "I Didn't Beat My Ex-Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.