Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

How Do I Break The News To The Kids? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Break The News To The Kids? (661 Views)

Danny Zara Sets To Break The Guinness Book Of Record For The Longest Sex / How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by singledad40: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2018
I’m a father of two beautiful children and was widowed so my friends wanted me to get back out there and give love another chance. My kids aren’t that old yet and I’m worried what they would think since it is a little too soon. But I tried one of those international dating social events and left them with their aunt for a week and a half. Since I got back I kept to myself and kept my girlfriend secret. Now I’m wondering, how do I break it to my kids that i’m thinkin about remarrying? I’m afraid they’ll resent me for replacing their ma so fast.
Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by VenomousTruth: 11:22am On Mar 08, 2018
whatever you do, always remember your happiness comedy 1st.
Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by dollyjoy(f): 11:32am On Mar 08, 2018
VenomousTruth:
whatever you do, always remember your happiness comes first
Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by Skepticus: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2018
You can always get them together and in a cheerful mood, tell them that they would be having a new addition to the family.

I just pray that the new woman don't turn out to treat your kids bad. That's the most important thing you should watch out for.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
How long ago did their mum die?

The answer to this determines a lot.
Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by marvin906(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
VenomousTruth:
whatever you do, always remember your happiness comedy 1st.

so what if a situation comes where the kids say they dont like hes gf..
will he force her down their throat..
nevertheless OP is not a bad thing to find love again
and i also believe you should give your gf and your kids time to know themselves
and build a relationship..
and them getting angry that you want to replace their mom depends on how
long you lost your wife..
if it hasn't been long please put a pause on the remarrying for now..
buh the most important thing here is for both your kids and gf to build a relationship
it wont be easy buh it isnt impossible
Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by Lexusgs430: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
singledad40:
I’m a father of two beautiful children and was widowed so my friends wanted me to get back out there and give love another chance. My kids aren’t that old yet and I’m worried what they would think since it is a little too soon. But I tried one of those international dating social events and left them with their aunt for a week and a half. Since I got back I kept to myself and kept my girlfriend secret. Now I’m wondering, how do I break it to my kids that i’m thinkin about remarrying? I’m afraid they’ll resent me for replacing their ma so fast.

How old are your children? Have they meet the lucky lady pulling your heartstrings yet?
How long ago did you lose your wife?
Re: How Do I Break The News To The Kids? by eniolorunfe: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
singledad40:

Your friends shocked
When will people realise it's their life NOT their friendsssss life?

Apparently you don't have a release to start dating again. If you did, you won't be here asking this question.

Follow your heart, be true to yourself and take your time! When the time is right, you would know and things would naturally fall in place. Don't lose what you value while, trying to please your friends.

It's okay to remarry but it is only a GOOD decision when you marry the right person at the right time. Don't RUSH things!

(1) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of Families Upto The Fourth Generation / Sarah Ladipo Moyinka's Novel Independence / Blood And Thunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.