Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) (62157 Views)

Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / Passenger Forgets His Dirty Wallet With N75 In An Uber (Photos) / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Investorbj: 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
Baba romeo3 that one na slay man or slay woman?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Romeo3:
Thanks for the chat and ride. Stealing your ideas soon....
Lol... The one that implements it first is the owner
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2018

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by bily(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
Past one a.m...

I was dropping off a rider and another request came in. I called the rider, a man, and he gave me directions. Driving towards there, i called just to confirm the estate he said i was coming to... and he replied in a condescending tone..... I kept quiet. Got to the estate gate And called him. He said he was going to call security to let me in..... O..K. Security comes out holding a book. That i should write my name. Ahh ah. Wetin happen? Write name that I am going to see governor or I am about to enter embassy for visa.... I don't understand. My name is Romeo3, write am there. That one too started his own sha. That if I won't write I should go away, that even the mopol wont let me in without me writing my name, and he walked away, back into the estate and locked the gate.....

Shuoooo! See levels.

After 2 mins, the man now called again. He starts well, saying it was just Protocol. Sir, I know it's Protocol, but the whole approach is too funny. Only for the man to spoil everything, telling me "1000 uber cars enter the estate daily, and they all write their names. Rich men enter the estate, and they all write their names. Cars bigger than yours enter the estate, and they all write their names.... That there is nothing special about your car. Just drive in, and come and pick your client"

grin grin grin grin
I sat in the car laughing. 1:30am. You have a girl you want to discharge. A car is outside waiting, and you are speaking grammar.. . . Yeah there is nothing special. But i don't like your tone. I don't like your attitude, and i don't like your approach. If after all my shakara I still sign that book and enter to pick this arrogant nincompoop, he will continue his lecture when he sees me, insult my job, insult my car..... and still rate me 1 star after the trip.

He talked and talked. "Hello, are you there?" Yes i'm there. but I want to punish you. I want to teach you a lesson, and i want to waste your time. Why didn't You call all those bigger cars and all those rich men to come and carry your ashi home by 1:30 am? You requested for a service, and you are insulting me subtly..... You are What? You areeeee....... Mad! "I have heard you sir".. That was all I replied.

I cancelled that trip right there and then, and drove away slowly.... God punish you, and God punish devil. He called me again and i ignored..... I was happy. grin

@1.30am
Maybe you were just tired and your mind was subconsciously looking for an excuse not to take the trip and go to bed grin

Cos no big deal in writing your name at the security, it's normal in many places tongue

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Dramadiddy(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
Past one a.m...

I was dropping off a rider and another request came in. I called the rider, a man, and he gave me directions. Driving towards there, i called just to confirm the estate he said i was coming to... and he replied in a condescending tone..... I kept quiet. Got to the estate gate And called him. He said he was going to call security to let me in..... O..K. Security comes out holding a book. That i should write my name. Ahh ah. Wetin happen? Write name that I am going to see governor or I am about to enter embassy for visa.... I don't understand. My name is Romeo3, write am there. That one too started his own sha. That if I won't write I should go away, that even the mopol wont let me in without me writing my name, and he walked away, back into the estate and locked the gate.....

Shuoooo! See levels.

After 2 mins, the man now called again. He starts well, saying it was just Protocol. Sir, I know it's Protocol, but the whole approach is too funny. Only for the man to spoil everything, telling me "1000 uber cars enter the estate daily, and they all write their names. Rich men enter the estate, and they all write their names. Cars bigger than yours enter the estate, and they all write their names.... That there is nothing special about your car. Just drive in, and come and pick your client"

grin grin grin grin
I sat in the car laughing. 1:30am. You have a girl you want to discharge. A car is outside waiting, and you are speaking grammar.. . . Yeah there is nothing special. But i don't like your tone. I don't like your attitude, and i don't like your approach. If after all my shakara I still sign that book and enter to pick this arrogant nincompoop, he will continue his lecture when he sees me, insult my job, insult my car..... and still rate me 1 star after the trip.

He talked and talked. "Hello, are you there?" Yes i'm there. but I want to punish you. I want to teach you a lesson, and i want to waste your time. Why didn't You call all those bigger cars and all those rich men to come and carry your ashi home by 1:30 am? You requested for a service, and you are insulting me subtly..... You are What? You areeeee....... Mad! "I have heard you sir".. That was all I replied.

I cancelled that trip right there and then, and drove away slowly.... God punish you, and God punish devil. He called me again and i ignored..... I was happy. grin
yea most estates on the island will have u write ur name before u enter. some estates have estates inside and you'll still be writing name as you're going lol. crazy people

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2018

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by edoman2016: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
Past one a.m...

Shuoooo! See levels.

grin grin grin grin

You were very arrogant and rude to the client. Without your clients, you are a nobody and will be out of business. From time immemorial, everyone can not be polite and humble. Who cares? As long as the job get done and get paid. How many minutes will it take you to write your name, enter the estate, pick the rider and collect your money.

Though I like your diary, but we must be frank to ourselves as adults when we made a mistake. As rich as Dangote, he won't turn down a client just like that. There is a saying " customer is king" in business. If you have your own company in future, I will see if you will reject a contract just because their secretary or security officer insult you.

15 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2018

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Pidginwhisper: 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
I am not under obligation to serve anyone. I am risking my life enough at that time of the night. I choose who I will serve at that time of the night. I refuse to be stressed out by any client at 1:30 am.

Call me rude or arrogant, i follow my instincts first before any amount I am to be paid. I did not feel comfortable with how i was being spoken to condescendingly. I have rights as a driver. In options for cancellation, it is clearly stated as an option "I do not wish to serve this client". Mind you, i never replied the client. Everything I write is the way it plays in my head, and not how i say it. My own safety first.

Customer isnt always king. That phrase is wrong and should be totally rephrased. We are always encouraged to report rude riders. That stupid phrase is the same reason a female rider could assault a driver at night and go scot free with it because she is a radio PAP and some people believed she is right. I dont have to accept rudeness in my line of duty because you think "customer is king". And yes, i can choose to reject a contract if I am insulted. I know my worth. It's far above any money to be collected at that time of the night.

Cheers
Nice response bro. You no fit please everybody. As for me, I dey gbadun your diary grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by edoman2016: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
I am not under obligation to serve anyone. I am risking my life enough at that time of the night. I choose who I will serve at that time of the night. I refuse to be stressed out by any client at 1:30 am.

Call me rude or arrogant, i follow my instincts first before any amount I am to be paid. I did not feel comfortable with how i was being spoken to condescendingly. I have rights as a driver. In options for cancellation, it is clearly stated as an option "I do not wish to serve this client". Mind you, i never replied the client. Everything I write is the way it plays in my head, and not how i say it. My own safety first.

Customer isnt always king. That phrase is wrong and should be totally rephrased. We are always encouraged to report rude riders. If they are kings and always right, no one would ask anyone to report them. That stupid phrase is the same reason a female rider could assault a driver at night and go scot free with it because she is a radio OAP and some people believed she is right. I dont have to accept rudeness in my line of duty because you think "customer is king". And yes, i can choose to reject a contract if I am insulted. And yes, i have once walked a man out of my car for being rude to me. I know my worth. It's far above any money to be collected at that time of the night.

Cheers
If you continue with your arrogance, it will be hard for you to progress from Uber driver. Even Uber company can not say they choose who they will serve as far as a good client is ready to pay for their services. You think if the cancellation and disappointment of Uber taxi is hgh and frequent, clients won't switch to their competitors?

I won't blame you. You are just a Uber driver. Hence, you can't understand the efforts of Uber to promote their brand and stay ahead of their competitors such as taxify etc. When you start your own taxi company, your orientation about running the business will change.

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nimi22(f): 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
edoman2016:

If you continue with your arrogance, it will be hard for you to progress from Uber driver. Even Uber company can not say they choose who they will serve as far as a good client is ready to pay for their services. You think if the cancellation and disappointment of Uber taxi is hgh and frequent, clients won't switch to their competitors?

I won't blame you. You are just a Uber driver. Hence, you can't understand the efforts of Uber to promote their brand and stay ahead of their competitors such as taxify etc. When you start your own taxi company, your orientation about running the business will change.

Oga why this matter pain you like this? If you can't deal with it then move on, it's not by force to read abeg.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Pidginwhisper: 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
edoman2016:

Alagba, why you dey cry more than the bereaved?. Nobody carry you come here,stop making yourself look stupid

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by nelson7777: 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
edoman2016:

If you continue with your arrogance, it will be hard for you to progress from Uber driver.

I won't blame you. You are just a Uber driver. When you start your own taxi company, your orientation about running the business will change.

u r rude and too serious..
take it easy..

10 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by titsqueez(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
edoman2016:

bro are you a spokes person for the behavioural etiquette group of companies?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2018

22 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Olalekank(m): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
Lol. "You are just an uber driver".

Proudly.

Makes me 300k minimum monthly..... Proudly.

cool

Bro,@edoman2016 has a point. I have been following your thread but this is the first time I would be commenting.

He has a valid point, if you were the CEO of the company and you got an order like that, I kid you not you would go for that order.

I understand that everyone of us has dignity to protect and self respect. It's because you are a middle man that made you do what you did, the owner of the company can't do that.
You know why Jeff Bezoz is the richest man on the planet? He knows what the customers want.
One customer that you " send away" has an effect on the business.

It's also great you earn such amount of money, please don't ask me what I earn cos I'm still a student. I enjoy your diary but please try to treat "your customers" kindly and better.

Thank you and have a great day, much love (no homo)

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2018

15 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2018

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Olalekank(m): 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
You are not a customer until you are in my car.
Until then, i can choose to serve you or not. Many times i will get to a rider. If i don't like his face, i will cancel. It's my right. My safety first. My instincts are always right.

after I left that place yesterday, i served 3 other different people before calling it a day.... do they have 2 heads? no.

respect is reciprocal.

It's easy for anyone to talk.

Pick up a car, drive it for only 5 days. Interact with people out there and then come back to me.

I have driven almost 2200 different people. I meet stupid people everyday. I choose not to talk about them.

Just relax and forget about Jeff whatever.
It's alright bro. Your instinct works for you. Respect is also reciprocal.

I haven't driven before so I don't understand how it feels.

Everyone has their own personality, I could decide to have gone to meet the man but you might decide on your own accord to not go.
All I'm trying to say is try to make your customers feel like a king but not at the expense of your own respect.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by desertboom(m): 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
Lol. "You are just an uber driver".

Proudly.

Makes me 300k minimum monthly..... Proudly.

cool
Are you serious about that figure?

What's uber percentage per trip?
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by desertboom(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
Romeo3:
25%. taxify 15%
25% is damn too high. I see it as greed and rip-off.
I wonder how a driver who doesn't have a car will survive. Paying 25% to Uber, paying some percentage to the owner of the car, buy data and fuel. What will remain for him?

Taxify is fair enough.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nimi22(f): 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
This your last update really got me rotflmao. Sarrey did you kencil?

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Nimi22(f): 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
This your last update really got me rotflmao. Sarrey did you kencil? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2018

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Uber Driver (interactive) by Romeo3(m): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2018

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured) / Plane Carrying Coronavirus Supplies To Japan Crashes & Explodes, Eight Dead / Yobe Deputy Governor's Son, Two Others Die In Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.