Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach (4112 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. / White Girl And Her Dog Fighting With Her Nigerian Boyfriend Ex-girlfriend(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
I met my gorgeous dark skinned boyfriend in Calabar and love him just the way he is. To my horror he keeps talking about how his face is so dark and he would like to lighten it. I keep telling him how much I love his dark skin but he doesn't listen. What can I do to convince him? I'm mixed English and Caribbean and have been raised to accept people of all colours and ethnic backgrounds. I don't understand the obsession with light skin in Nigeria and don't know what to say to convince him in my eyes he is perfect as he is.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by greatnaija01: 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
is bobrisky is mentor?

His problem is simply IDENTITY CRISIS.... he feels WRONG being in a BLACK skin, and as a lady who loves him... you should be able to help him see the beauty in being BLACK. Because if he finally gets a LIGHT skin... he will keep pushing further till he makes adjustment to every natural way he was born.... he may soon adjust his NOSE... his HAIR... etc... his problem is an identity complex and he needs to be counseled before it become a major obsession.

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by DarkMagic(m): 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
Shuu
grin grin
He should go ahead.. Fear not for the sun will unbleach him grin grin

5 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by aDEOetREGE: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
Buy him acid

If you are a good psychologist, you’d understand that obsession of his means he is a flirt or not into JUsT you. If you are all he has, having told him u are comfy with his complexion, he’d make away with such unintelligent thought
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
What are his reasons for wanting to bleach?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
That's me on my dp, I'm 3/4 white so very light.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by DankemzI(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
How dark is he?
Is from Calabar or Yoruba?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
greatnaija01:
is bobrisky is mentor?

His problem is simply IDENTITY CRISIS.... he feels WRONG being in a BLACK skin, and as a lady who loves him... you should be able to help him see the beauty in being BLACK. Because if he finally gets a LIGHT skin... he will keep pushing further till he makes adjustment to every natural way he was born.... he may soon adjust his NOSE... his HAIR... etc... his problem is an identity complex and he needs to be counseled before it become a major obsession.

I tell him he's gorgeous all the time. He's not the only Nigerian man I've heard say such things about his dark skin. How do you help someone love themselves?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
DankemzI:
How dark is he?
Is from Calabar or Yoruba?

He's from Ugep and he is dark, but I like it
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by ipobarecriminals: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
sad let him burn his face and leave him
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
aDEOetREGE:
Buy him acid

If you are a good psychologist, you’d understand that obsession of his means he is a flirt or not into JUsT you. If you are all he has, having told him u are comfy with his complexion, he’d make away with such unintelligent thought

I was worried about that as I am in England and he is in naija
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nutase: 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
So because your BF wants to bleach you now used one dumb human being to conclude Nigerians are obsessed with light skin.

May Allah forgive your ignorance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by valgbo(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
Really... This is obviously an alternate account of one of the pained girls from XML33 's thread...... Opening an account today to make it seem like black guys are insecure about their colour.......
Weh done ma

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by XhosaNostra(f): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:
That's me on my dp, I'm 3/4 white so very light.

How did you measure that?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nutase:
So because your BF wants to bleach you now used one dumb human being to conclude Nigerians are obsessed with light skin.

May Allah forgive your ignorance.

If I'm wrong why is bleach so popular and why do so many Nigerian men prefer light women? I'm not saying its everyone in Nigeria but it seems like some people feel that way. Personally I think people of all colours are beautiful.

4 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2018
XhosaNostra:

How did you measure that?

My mother is fully white English and my dad is mixed race from the Caribbeans, a mixture of black and other races.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
oh men see the headlines "my Nigerian boyfriend wants to bleach" grin ur boyfriend is he related to Michael Jackson grin
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Originalsly: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hmmm....I guess he will start with the face. The guy has a complex....pretty much ..he hates dark skin. It is better you spend time and energy trying to move a mountain than to shift his mind. You love him and all that...but ask tourself...does he love you?... does he love you for you?...or is it becaue of your lighter colour?...and you're the lightest he can be with for now? Since he has a colour complex...don't you think he'll dump you as soon as a lighter person pay him some attention?Dump that guy and find another that's Black and proud.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Headlesschicken(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
grin Too many kids now on this forum...
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by XhosaNostra(f): 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:

My mother is fully white English and my dad is mixed race from the Caribbeans, a mixture of black and other races.

Yeah, but that still doesn't make you 3/4 anything. You don't even look it undecided

Something is off about your post. It's either this story is fake or you're fake. I'm smelling instigation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, but that still doesn't make you 3/4 anything. You don't even look it undecided

Something is off about your post. It's either this story is fake or you're fake. I'm smelling instigation.

What do I look like then? This is a real post, that's really me and I was hoping for some good advice. I can take a live pic of me holding up as many fingers as you suggest to prove I'm genuine. I really love this guy he's incredibly sweet. I don't want to offend anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
i don't think you are real
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nutase: 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:

If I'm wrong why is bleach so popular and why do so many Nigerian men prefer light women? I'm not saying its everyone in Nigeria but it seems like some people feel that way. Personally I think people of all colours are beautiful.
is there any scientific evidence or empirical study to back your claim? If no, then you just have a wrong view about us. Do a mental survey next time you're on the street and compare the number of dark people you meet compared to light skinned people then you'll know your assumption is wrong.

#MelaninPopping #blackisbeautiful.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
greiboy:
i don't think you are real

I just offered to prove it by taking a live pic...
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:
I met my gorgeous dark skinned boyfriend in Calabar and love him just the way he is. To my horror he keeps talking about how his face is so dark and he would like to lighten it. I keep telling him how much I love his dark skin but he doesn't listen. What can I do to convince him? I'm mixed English and Caribbean and have been raised to accept people of all colours and ethnic backgrounds. I don't understand the obsession with light skin in Nigeria and don't know what to say to convince him in my eyes he is perfect as he is.
buy bleaching cream 4 him na, but is he related to Michael Jackson grin
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by XhosaNostra(f): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:

What do I look like then? This is a real post, that's really me and I was hoping for some good advice. I can take a live pic of me holding up as many fingers as you suggest to prove I'm genuine. I really love this guy he's incredibly sweet. I don't want to offend anyone.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Well, he's a grown up. Let him bleach if that's what he wants. I'm surprised you still like him even after he said that. That reeks of issues imo. His. What man is that concerned with his complexion? How off putting.

3 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:

I just offered to prove it by taking a live pic...
How come you know a lot about Nigeria? You even mentioned the home town of your supposed boyfriend.

Anyways, sister your assertion on Nigerian men regarding the bleaching of skin is wrong and if I wanted you to prove anything to me, I will choose what to use as evidence not you.

I am Not interested though
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Mandrake007(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
majority of africans,Nigerians in particular suffer from low self esteem they've a fetish for lightskin and unfortunately your bf falls in that category,that's why bleaching is rampant in these parts,i'm a mixed man as well and if I could get a dollar for every time people have approached me to ask what cream I used I could be bill gates by now,i used to think it was just a female thing but nah the number of male bleachers are on the rise,so if your bf is adamant on lightening up and it doesn't affect the relationship ayy let him do it then it's not really a big deal nowadays,we've got an Internet personality named bobrisky who's renowned for his bleaching maybe that's who your bf is looking up to grin

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by GreatSuccess: 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
Don't you know that light complexion is the best? Don't mind these people that deceive themselves with "black is beautiful". I then ask" if black were to be beautiful as they proclaim, why then do people bleach?? Please, allow your boyfriend to bleach oooooo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by MistadeRegal(m): 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
Inject him with vitiligo.
That should solve his problem.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nutase:
is there any scientific evidence or empirical study to back your claim? If no, then you just have a wrong view about us. Do a mental survey next time you're on the street and compare the number of dark people you meet compared to light skinned people then you'll know your assumption is wrong.

#MelaninPopping #blackisbeautiful.

When I was in Nigeria most people were dark skinned, a small percentage looked like they may have lightened themselves. I'm not saying the whole of Nigeria feels this way just enough people to fund a multi million dollar industry.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/unexplored-implications-nigerias-skin-bleaching-pandemic/

When I was in calabar I received lots of compliments on my light skin and white eyes. This was unusual for me. I never considered them as assets.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
QueenUtum:

When I was in Nigeria most people were dark skinned, a small percentage looked like they may have lightened themselves. I'm not saying the whole of Nigeria feels this way just enough people to fund a multi million dollar industry.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/unexplored-implications-nigerias-skin-bleaching-pandemic/

When I was in calabar I received lots of compliments on my light skin and white eyes. This was unusual for me. I never considered them as assets.
why do I have this feeling that u are lying?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Apologised But He Still Treated Me Like Trash / I Spent 10k, But She Couldnt Even Give Me N100 When I Asked / Pretty Lady Sold Her Phone To Man Without Deleting Her Nud€ Videos,he Leaks Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.