Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787375 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 9:37pm On May 15, 2018
tylerwill:

Congrats once again

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 9:39pm On May 15, 2018
chisiudeh:
Please what is the difference between A Reference letter from bank and statement of account?
Best possible answers
Google
Your Bank customer service
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 9:44pm On May 15, 2018
Oshey9999:
I picked up my passport today with the stamped TRV. The visa was issued in London.

Best wishes to all the hopefuls in the house.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

TRV Approved.................................................

Application submitted on February - 26

Biometric done - February 28

Medical Request letter received -April 25

Medicals done - May 2nd

Medical Passed - May 6th

TRV Approved May 8th
...............................................................................................................

Here is the breakdown of what I submitted with my application:

All the required cic forms

Letter of Acceptance (St. Clair College, Windsor ON). This is a three year advanced diploma in Biomedical Engineering Technology.

Receipt of 1 year tuition payment (13,000 CAD)

1 page SOP detailing why I'm interested in the program and how the program is aligned with my educational goal/my past educational pursuits

Sponsors: 2 siblings one living in the US and the other living in the UK

Sponsor 1: UK company statement of account with a balance of 16k pounds, GTB SOA of about N12 millions, UK certificate of company registration.

Sponsor 2: Evidence of tuition payment of 13k CAD from US bank account, 4 month Payslips of more than 4k dollars per month

Goodluck to the hopefuls........................................
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mickychen(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2018
I sent you a PM. Check your email or drop your mail here.
Oshey9999:

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aduku1(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2018
tylerwill:

You can send it to me. PLEASE!

Sent you a PM, please check your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:18pm On May 15, 2018
tylerwill:

Best possible answers
Google
Your Bank customer service
Nice reply. The question weak me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pheisharah: 10:44pm On May 15, 2018
Hi everyone, I want to contribute my quota and I stand to be corrected.

For people going to VFS recently, I see a lot of them joining queues. Please that queue is for S.A. applicants. *If you arrive there before they open the gate at 8am, there will always be a queue for S.A. that is because they only attend to 100 applicants daily.* A friend of mine made a mistake of joining the queue but after all d back and forth, there was clarification. For Canada applicants just tell the security that you are for Canada once the gates are opened. You will be allowed in once you show them your passport or d copy.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:45am On May 16, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello gerrymini:

I'll advise you don't put up such application. Are you using this sponsor just to achieve your TRV or is he truly interested in financing your studies in Canada? Your sponsor (a family friend) giving out his financial documents to you has not satisfied the visa officer the permanence of his financial commitment towards sponsoring your studies in Canada. Considering that this sponsor is a third party (a family friend) and not a direct relative to you makes his sponsorship unrealistic to the visa officer because you haven't shown any evidence of past or ongoing financial support from him and limited proof of relationship with guarantor makes your chances very slim. You stand a chance, if this sponsor is a close relative to you (Father, mother, brother, sister, uncle or aunt).

To avoid stories that touch and coming back here to seek for an advise again. i'll best suggest you stick to what jnyuwa02, has just said. Let your sponsor pay in money into your account or pay part/full of your tuition to show his genuine interest and commitment in sponsoring you.

My advise for you!

All the best!

Excellent advice, except the paying part aspect. Except a school mandates you to pay half or part, either pay full or nothing. Paying half or part I have found out is a recipy for denial. VOs always think you are financially challenged that is why you cannot pay the entire one year tuition. So either pay one year tuition or don’t pay anything at all and allow the VOs to make an assessment of your financial ability through your presented bank statements. Paying half or part except the school asked you to do that, is like bringing unnecessary curse of conjecturing on your case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:51am On May 16, 2018
GIFTY11:

He said he has checked his junk folder and he can't find it.
We have sent an email to them.
Pls how long will it take for them to respond,? This is depressing. I don't just know why our own case will always be different *sobs*

One or two days they should respond. At the most if they are busy, one week. Try and send them email two or three times to be sure your email is reaching them and you are getting confirmation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:01am On May 16, 2018
Qupp:

I dont work as a programmer officially anywhere.

If you don’t have the record of employment, then stick to what is safe to show progression in learning. In that case applying for what you studied in school is safe. Except you believe you have the grits and persuasion skills to convince the VOs why a change in career was absolutely necessary in your circumstance. It is a tall order. Good luck’
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 6:16am On May 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If you don’t have the record of employment, then stick to what is safe to show progression in learning. In that case applying for what you studied in school is safe. Except you believe you have the grits and persuasion skills to convince the VOs why a change in career was absolutely necessary in your circumstance. It is a tall order. Good luck’
Freelancing! Have worked on so many projects for people on fiverr. Will dat be enough to convince dem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adrianastepheny(f): 7:03am On May 16, 2018
What's the requirement of Canada student visa for Masters Degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Retina: 7:57am On May 16, 2018
Hello people,
Great work you are doing here.
Please I am applying for study permit for PhD to start in January, 2019 at the University of Manitoba.
I have an entrance scholarship of 5400CAD and I have Teaching and Research Assistantship of 21000CAD per year. My total expenses from the letter i was sent is 30000CAD per year.
I am using my uncle as sponsor.

1. Please how much must he declare as support for me
2. I got his 6-mnth business statement of account with 2M as opening balance, 1M as closing balance, withdrawals 278M, lodgements 277M...I am concerned will this be adequate?

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:44am On May 16, 2018
Qupp:

Freelancing! Have worked on so many projects for people on fiverr. Will dat be enough to convince dem

Absolutely would work if you can ably document your freelancing work to the VO. Seen it work for a couple of people who are now in Canada. You might want to talk to to this guru, he knows a lot about how to go about documenting stuff like that. @thesoj

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Retina: 9:58am On May 16, 2018
Hello people,
Please I am applying for study permit for PhD to start in January, 2019 at the University of Manitoba.
I have an entrance scholarship of 5400CAD and I have Teaching and Research Assistantship of 21000CAD per year. My total expenses from the letter i was sent is 30000CAD per year.

2. I got his 6-month business statement of account with 2M as opening balance, 1M as closing balance, withdrawals 278M, lodgements 277M...I am concerned will this be adequate?

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 10:01am On May 16, 2018
Does he have to go the whole 9 yards in terms of documentation(all the required sponsorship docs) or a letter of consent will do, since its a joint account with my sister and she has already provided those necessary documents.

adel3951:

Yes to my knowledge, he has to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 11:26am On May 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Absolutely would work if you can ably document your freelancing work to the VO. Seen it work for a couple of people who are now in Canada. You might want to talk to to this guru, he knows a lot about how to go about documenting stuff like that. @thesoj

Thanks alot @thesoj how do i contact u my mail offisial007@outlook.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:59am On May 16, 2018
Qupp:

Thanks alot @thesoj how do i contact u my mail offisial007@outlook.com

He is retired professor emeritus and hardly here anymore, so you have to pm him directly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 12:05pm On May 16, 2018
jydorchem:
Thank you @MeinKampf

Saw you are trying to send me a PM but I didn't get it but I've sent you one anyway.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 12:25pm On May 16, 2018
Good afternoon guys!

Please who knows if University of Alberta defers resumption date for students who dont get their visa on time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ilerioluwa123: 12:31pm On May 16, 2018
hy guys anyone who did medicals first week of April collected his passport paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:37pm On May 16, 2018
Does he have to go the whole 9 yards in terms of documentation(all the required sponsorship docs) or a letter of consent will do, since its a joint account with my sister and she has already provided those necessary documents.

MY sponsor which is my biological sister,gave me to different accounts, which are:

1. A joint account ( her husband and herself)
2. Personal Account

My questions

How do we address No 1 in the letter of sponsorship. Must her husband go the whole 9 yards in terms of documentation(all the required sponsor's docs) or a letter of consent will do?. Since its a joint account with my sister, she has already provided the necessary documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ilerioluwa123: 12:48pm On May 16, 2018
osheyyy99 congrats I also submitted February 19 medical request March 20 medical april 5 and since then have not heard from them paper route tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 12:58pm On May 16, 2018
Hi,

I want to go and pick up my passport at VFS.

I want to ask that hope the queue will nt affect my entrance into the centre.

I need answers plssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 1:09pm On May 16, 2018
Ilerioluwa123:
osheyyy99 congrats I also submitted February 19 medical request March 20 medical april 5 and since then have not heard from them paper route tho

What is ur online account saying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:14pm On May 16, 2018
Retina:
Hello people,

2. I got his 6-month business statement of account with 2M as opening balance, 1M as closing balance, withdrawals 278M, lodgements 277M...I am concerned will this be adequate?

Please help
IT WON'T WORK.
Let me ask, does the 30,000CAD cover living expenses? If yes, then you need to raise additional 4000CAD(which is above 1million naira). Your sponsor has just 1million naira in his company account(not even his personal account) which is not enough to cover the balance of 4000CAD requested by cic. Another thing is the vo will require the sponsor to have enough to carter for himself, his family(dependant) and also to run his company.
I will advise you get another sponsor and make sure they use their personal statement of account as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ilerioluwa123: 1:19pm On May 16, 2018
have not linked my paper online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:21pm On May 16, 2018
mightyola:

MY sponsor which is my biological sister,gave me to different accounts, which are:

1. A joint account ( her husband and herself)
2. Personal Account

My questions

How do we address No 1 in the letter of sponsorship. Must her husband go the whole 9 yards in terms of documentation(all the required sponsor's docs) or a letter of consent will do?. Since its a joint account with my sister, she has already provided the necessary documents.
No need to write two letters of support, they should jointly write a letter of support and signed(both parties). A single letter stating they are both sponsoring you and the amount should be stated as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 1:23pm On May 16, 2018
Ilerioluwa123:
have not linked my paper online

Why wait for them when u can link ur application online and see ur medical result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2018
Hello my ogas...
Abeg help o...
Anyone going to or already in Lambton College?
Please, how did you pay your tuition?
Did you use the normal western union ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 1:37pm On May 16, 2018
Hello House,

I started following NL since I submitted my TRV application in March. However, I must state that since March and now, I have gather more than enough information on this forum and I can certify myself as immigration consultants on Study TRV. I even went as far back in following thread 13.

Please I have an issue at hand. I was refused of my TRV on 10 May, 2018. Reasons for the refusal are:

Travel History and Statement of Purpose. Of course, I knew the next step of action. I ordered for my GCMS notes even before I picked up my passport on Monday but the note is yet to be made available to me.

Now to the main concern. I have travel history. (to Canada, Dubai, SA etc). I have been to Canada before and also, still have a valid Visa on my passport. I didn't stay up to six months, never committed crime (background check was completed without any flags) but however, had a baby. Could that be the reason why i was picked on travel history? Besides, all my friends who previously traveled to Canada on TRV for birthing purposes were never refused in their subsequent application. Also, my husband, son all have valid Visas to Canada. Could that be the reason?. Guru in the house, please I need your advice as I await my GCMS notes or possible response to the refusal if those identified above could be the reasons. If yes, how can I respond? Do I need to plead for not stating birthing purposes in my previous TRV application? How can I tackle this?

With regard to purpose of Visit, I have drafted another one as the previous SOP submitted was not convincing enough. I just adopted / built on another person's SOP who was also refused. The revised SOP is now finalised. Please can any of the Gurus in the house assist in reviewing this in readiness for my GCMS notes? I will send what I previously submitted as SOP and the new one I developed to the volunteer to see the extent of work and originality I have now done. I wish to submit my application latest two days after my GCMS notes are received as I have started collating all my documents again. School resumes 23 September.

Besides, I was awarded a scholarship of $4,000 and my sister, practising medical doctor in Canada is my sponsor. I was not flagged on ties in Canada cos I showed strong ties at home in form of assets n family members (husband n son) as I stated they were not going to accompany me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 1:39pm On May 16, 2018
Good afternoon House,

I seek to get clarification please.

Is it a must that my statement of account must be from my salary account,or it could be from my savings where I have funds and inflows and outflows.

Expecting your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.