Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790225 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 6:49pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

We have seen in previous times where an application was refused because of the integrity of the scholarship body and it's failure in remittance of funds. As a matter of fact, i am helping a fellow overcome this issue.

While it would be okay using just the scholarship letter as proof of award of scholarship, ensure your co-sponsor show credibility and reliability to a substantial extent. Uncle is a 3rd party sponsorship and as such would need to show some level of commitment towards your study and also state that he would be your support financially should the scholarship body fail to remit funds to you in time.

I now advise people to use a DEED of GIFT for funds transferred from a 3rd party in addition to the affidavit of sponsorship with a cogent reason for expending such funds towards the applicant's study if possible. This is a document that can be tendered as evidence that the 3rd party has willingly gifted the funds and no refund is expected.

Add his statement of account and also include all evidence and proof of his income/source.

Regards.

God bless you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reveal: 6:56pm On May 16, 2018
On point 2. There is actually a tab for SOP or LOE on the online application. It is listed as Client Information, if you click on the question mark by the side it tells you what the tabs are for.

Austinpee4:

1. The major difference between the online and paper route is CONVENIENCE. Both undergo same review and processing time. However, a thing or two to note in difference is the fact that an online application can be processed anywhere around the world where there is a Canadian visa office. Secondly, for voluminous documentation in support of an application, it is advisable to use the paper route as there is a limitation of 4mb(size) per tab for upload of documents using the online route. Also, you would get readily assistance from workers of VFS in arranging your documents.(The online is also straight forward if you can follow the instructions and guiding).

If you apply online, VFS comes in when you receive an instruction in your account to give your biometrics at the nearest VFS office. Also, VFS or the embassy would come in when your application has been approved and you have been instructed to submit your original passport.

2. There is no tab for SOP. The best way to attach it is to merge it with other documents say letter of acceptance and upload in the tab provided.

Medical test comes in either prior submitting your application or when you have been instructed by the visa office. If you intend to do it prior submitting(Upfront), you would visit the approved panel physician(Check IRCC's website for your location) and a test will be conducted. At the end of the test, a document will be handed over to you which contains your IME(Immigration medical examination) code that would be used by the visa office to locate your medical result on their database once the panel physician uploads it.

3. You cannot "package" her elder brother without him having intentions to actually sponsor her. There would be more than packaging on their end. He will have to show commitment other than stating his willingness to sponsor. Also, he will have to show sources and proof of his income claimed as well as how funds was accumulated. If he claims to be an employee, he would have to show evidence of being employed(payslips,employment letter, bank statement showing deposits of salary over a period of time, promotion letters etc). Note that these documents are important when proving employment. He must provide as much as he can to show genuineness of claim.

4. A letter from the bank showing she is an employee would suffice and possibly that they are aware of her trip. This is not the EE process where duties has to be specified.

Lastly and importantly, she must ensure and demonstrate that she intends to return upon completion of her study.

All the best to you two.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 7:23pm On May 16, 2018
reveal:
On point 2. There is actually a tab for SOP or LOE on the online application. It is listed as Client Information, if you click on the question mark by the side it tells you what the tabs are for.

Oh nice! Should be easy then.

Cc:Uchboggy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2018
reveal:

thanks so much guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 7:33pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 7:44pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

@Austinpee4. Pls I sent you a mail. Kindly respond sir.
I would appreciate it sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2018
chibreezy:
good evening all i must say you guys are doing a good job. i came into this forum as a newbie i think sometime in january.i already had my admission from a canadian university already for masters in environmental engineering and have a bsc in chemical engineering from a nija uni(2014). i asked the first question here on how to go about my deposit payment to my school but unfortunately it wasnt answered but i just read on the thread and googled some questions too and was able to make the deposit of 2kcad not even the full tuition payment.. ok to cut the long story short, this post is for dose discouraged and it may serve as encouragement to them not to relent..i applied for my trv on 7th of feb(paper route) for the first time i do not have any travel history before, i got an invite for medicals 1st march and got my trv on 9th march(yesterday)..my dear it was really a surprise to me coz it was after i applied i even got to start reading and following up more on the thread i got scared at some point when i even saw some documents that was mentioned here like sop, letter of previous employment place ,sponsor birth certificate, sponsor passport biodata page, siblings birth cerificate and parents too, police report too etc. men all this things been no dey my application i said to my sef i dun f up o.. The only things i submitted was my trv forms, sponsor letter, sponsor account statement(personal and company) , sponsor cac documents, my nysc discharge, waec certificate, degree certificate, diploma in telecoms certificate,my personal account with just 170k closing balance, ielts, identification letter, my bsc school transcript, evidence of paid 2kcad, admission letter, accomodation offer letter from school and above all THE G FACTOR(GOD). this are just what i used in applying for the first time and getting it.. i think a simple and genuine application makes the job easy for the vo. i applaud these guys frank, iyjuwa, chuks and many others i cant remember their names i dont reply nor comment though but i follow your posts and comments and you give really good advices and una dey try e no easy to dey give free advice abeg so GOD bless you all and reward you all ur heart desires .. for those expecting it will be your turn soon..cheers yall and all the best to you all.
no sop !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 7:53pm On May 16, 2018
ayoslas88:

3weeks

Guy please pardon my questioning, I have a reason foir asking. How long did your application stay in total? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:04pm On May 16, 2018
rolorolo:

Thanks for your response. I have a BSC in Accounting,. I have 10 years working experience as tax consultants in a professional Firm, I propose to study MBA, University of New Brunswick. I leveraged on my work experience as the drive to further my studies.

Thanks.
Ok, let us wait for the almighty GCMS note

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 8:06pm On May 16, 2018
Prudento:

Guy please pardon my questioning, I have a reason foir asking. How long did your application stay in total? Thanks.

It takes 2weeks on background check and next week was eligibility or refusal notification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:17pm On May 16, 2018
Kishkosh:

Hello house , pls, I have government funded scholarship/sponsorship for my master . But they won't pay into my account until my visa is out and ready to travel.
Plus, my uncle who is also my employer is supporting me, but will only make available his bank statement and affidavit of sponsorship.

Can I apply for visa with just the letter of sponsorship from government and my uncle without them paying into my account at the time of making my application ?
If the government scholarship is recognized by cic it will scale through. Does the funding cover your tuition and living expenses?
As for your uncle, I ALWAYS ADVISE THIRD PARTY TO SHOW COMMITMENT by transferring funds to applicant's account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 16, 2018
Hello house, please my kid sis want to study aeronautical engineering in Canada, please can you recommend a low tuition fee university and also what are the requirements needed for her admission. She recently completely her waec exams last month. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:30pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

We have seen in previous times where an application was refused because of the integrity of the scholarship body and it's failure in remittance of funds. As a matter of fact, i am helping a fellow overcome this issue.

While it would be okay using just the scholarship letter as proof of award of scholarship, ensure your co-sponsor show credibility and reliability to a substantial extent. Uncle is a 3rd party sponsorship and as such would need to show some level of commitment towards your study and also state that he would be your support financially should the scholarship body fail to remit funds to you in time.

I now advise people to use a DEED of GIFT for funds transferred from a 3rd party in addition to the affidavit of sponsorship with a cogent reason for expending such funds towards the applicant's study if possible. This is a document that can be tendered as evidence that the 3rd party has willingly gifted the funds and no refund is expected.

Add his statement of account and also include all evidence and proof of his income/source.

Regards.

If the scholarship exists, is recognizable and does not have history of abandoning scholars abroad, and if the scholarship letter covers fees and living expenses, this guy is good to go. Submit ur scholarship offer letter. Or why not get firsthand information from CIC website on how to proof funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:32pm On May 16, 2018
ayoslas88:

It takes 2weeks on background check and next week was eligibility or refusal notification

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 8:32pm On May 16, 2018
Goodevening guys!

Please, is it okay to use SOA that shows treasury bills of up to 15mil that comes and leaves the account at intervals? The treasury bills will mature again tomorrow, is it okay if my sponsor prints the SOA before it leaves again, at least to show that d account closing balance is at least 15mil. Can my sponsor use only this account to show fund?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:35pm On May 16, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

jnyuwa02,

Legend! You speak with so much boldness and confidence. Who told you this? Are you judging based on your assumptions?. When has paying part tuition become a reason for denial?
On this reputable thread you and i can bear witness to countless of successful TRV applicants attesting that they only paid for their first semester tuition just to show their sponsor genuine interest/commitment in financing their studies in Canada even without being ordered by the school to make a part deposit and we're approved of their visas. Besides, not all guarantors can afford to pay for a full tuition at the time of application submission. Some people pay part tuition just to prove to the visa officer that their primary intent of travelling to Canada is strictly for studies, coupled with other evidence on file and It has been favouring so many folks here and will always be.
Going with what you've just said, it may appear that the applicant/gurantor of which you're using to judge failed to convince the visa officer that there are high possibility and availability of funds for the subsequent years which might have lead to the refusal of the application. Therefore in my position, if an applicant can't afford to pay full tuition, the applicant can still go ahead and make part payment. I don't see such as a reason for a refusal.

All the part payments that I have ever seen scale through are those in which the designated school explicitly required that partial or half payment or a semester’s payment is their requirement for payment/deposit and the applicant took the time to explain that to the VO and submitted evidence of such from school. Otherwise, all those that paid half or part or one term payment on their own that I have encountered, were denied. It’s therefore my submission that you should pay one year tuition and deposit 10k into your dormicilairy account if you must pay. This notion is supported by the fact that when CIC responds to an applicant’s application and concerned about finances, it does not ask the applicant to pay for a term, but to pay for the whole one year. You recommended that if people cannot afford to pay one year, they should pay one semester. That is the obvious giveaway. VOs think that way too that if you paid only one semester, then it most likely means that you are not buoyant enough to pay one year. Otherwise, why would a person be paying one semester when the visa law requires you prove funds for one year?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:51pm On May 16, 2018
Damarislopez:
Hello house, please my kid sis want to study aeronautical engineering in Canada, please can you recommend a low tuition fee university and also what are the requirements needed for her admission. She recently completely her waec exams last month. Thank you.
While you wait for answers please try www.google.com and search "universities offering Aeronautical engineering in Canada" once the list is given you can now go through each to know if they suite your bill. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 8:51pm On May 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

All the part payments that I have ever seen scale through are those in which the designated school explicitly required that half payment or part payment is their requirement for payment and the applicant took the time to explain that to the VO and submitted evidence of such from school. Otherwise, all those that paid half or part or one term payment on their own that I have encountered, were denied. It’s therefore my submission that you should pay one year tuition and deposit 10k into your dormicilairy account if you must pay. This notion is supported by the fact that when CIC responds to an applicant’s application and concerned about finances, it does not ask the applicant to pay for a term, but to pay for the whole one year. You recommended that if people cannot afford to pay one year, they should pay one semester. That is the obvious giveaway. VOs think that way too that if you paid only one semester, then it means most likely means that you are not buoyant enough to pay one year. Otherwise, why would a person be paying one semester when the visa law requires you prove funds for one year?
I paid only my first term fees and my application was approved. My school never requested any form of payment before hand. I simply paid it into my student account and got official receipt to attach in my application. A reason being that i had undoubtable access to the other funds declared for a year and i was able to demonstrate this to the officer.

It actually doesn't totally depend on whether an applicant pays the full tuition or not, the main thing is accessibility of required funds by applicant. The more accessible it seems for the applicant, the better.

For those using a third party sponsor, they must go beyond doubt to prove to the officer they would have access to funds from such individuals hence the frequent advise to pay fees for a year and have other funds in convertible currency. Any applicant paying a part of the funds must also be ready to prove to the visa officer that he/she would have undeniable access to the other part of funds required.

Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:06pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

I paid only my first term fees and my application was approved. My school never requested any form of payment before hand. I simply paid it into my student account and got official receipt to attach in my application. A reason being that i had undoubtable access to the other funds declared for a year and i was able to demonstrate this to the officer.

It actually doesn't totally depend on whether an applicant pays the full tuition or not, the main thing is accessibility of required funds by applicant. The more accessible it seems for the applicant, the better.

For those using a third party sponsor, they must go beyond doubt to prove to the officer they would have access to funds from such individuals hence the frequent advise to pay fees for a year and have other funds in convertible currency. Any applicant paying a part of the funds must also be ready to prove to the visa officer that he/she would have undeniable access to the other part of funds required.

Regards.

Okay now I have encountered the first person who paid one semester not as the designated school policy and was approved. The norm and ideal that I know whether a third party sponsor or not, is one year payment. More grease to your elbow!! Sir you have never informed this house where you are. Are you in Canada now or Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 9:15pm On May 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Okay now I have encountered the first person who paid one semester not as the designated school policy and was approved. More grease to your elbow!! Sir you have never informed this house where you are. Are you in Canada now or Nigeria?
You have been very frequent on this question. But to lull your curiosity, i am on earth, in the right place and making progress. wink

Regards bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:19pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

You have been very frequent on this question. But to lull your curiosity, i am on earth, in the right place and making progress. wink

Regards bro.

In the interest of full disclosure is why I have asked, so that your story holds water. But okay ooh, more grease to your elbow nonetheless and regards!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 9:21pm On May 16, 2018
mcobex:
If the government scholarship is recognized by cic it will scale through. Does the funding cover your tuition and living expenses?
As for your uncle, I ALWAYS ADVISE THIRD PARTY TO SHOW COMMITMENT by transferring funds to applicant's account.

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:31pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

Regards bro.
LOL! Long time bro, How's everything going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 9:32pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

Regards bro.

Bro, Pls kindly oblige my humble request sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 9:33pm On May 16, 2018
mcobex:
LOL! Long time bro, How's everything going?
Going well baba! Please write me on the otherside, i lost you there for a moment! Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by technokid(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2018
Hello everybody
I studied Biology in the university and graduated 2010, I have never worked as a biologist, I have worked as a teacher and a car sales man. Last year I started my web development business and registered it with CAC, I learnt web development on my own and built an online ecommerce business. Now I am applying for a 2yr diploma in full-stack web and app development program in Canada. I want to ask a couple of questions

1) Can I sponsor myself from my business account which has enough funds in it and has been active with daily transactions for the last 1year
2) would my change in career affect my application

NB the business is a sole proprietorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 9:46pm On May 16, 2018
Kishkosh:

Bro, Pls kindly oblige my humble request sir.
Errm, i would actually suggest we tackle whatsoever it is here so others can benefit and learn a thing or two. I may help privately if it's a review of SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by strongtech2(m): 10:23pm On May 16, 2018
pardon me guys, can one use NECO to apply to college in Canada? curious
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

Lol. You and Jnyuwa02 ehn...... grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 10:36pm On May 16, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Lol. You and Jnyuwa02 ehn...... grin
grin

Na my geee!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by KlausMike(m): 10:36pm On May 16, 2018
strongtech2:
pardon me guys, can one use NECO to apply to college in Canada? curious

I think this would depend on the college. Contact the college's admissions office by via email to confirm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2018
Hello guys,

Please if I book a flight which will pass through UK, will I need a transit VISA? I heard I'll need one for USA. Is it the same for UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.