Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787790 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 1:39pm On May 16, 2018
sola0004:
Hello House...anyone resuming in Lambton college in August or is currently a student there??...pls holla and let's link up...I should be in Canada by July 30...

Hello boss...

Sent you a PM...

Please,

I need help on how you went about payment of tuition...

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Retina: 1:42pm On May 16, 2018
mcobex:
IT WON'T WORK.
Let me ask, does the 30,000CAD cover living expenses? If yes, then you need to raise additional 4000CAD(which is above 1million naira). Your sponsor has just 1million naira in his company account(not even his personal account) which is not enough to cover the balance of 4000CAD requested by cic. Another thing is the vo will require the sponsor to have enough to carter for himself, his family(dependant) and also to run his company.
I will advise you get another sponsor and make sure they use their personal statement of account as well.
Thank you very much.
The 30,000CAD includes living expenses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:48pm On May 16, 2018
rolorolo:
Hello House,

I started following NL since I submitted my TRV application in March. However, I must state that since March and now, I have gather more than enough information on this forum and I can certify myself as immigration consultants on Study TRV. I even went as far back in following thread 13.

Please I have an issue at hand. I was refused of my TRV on 10 May, 2018. Reasons for the refusal are:

Travel History and Statement of Purpose. Of course, I knew the next step of action. I ordered for my GCMS notes even before I picked up my passport on Monday but the note is yet to be made available to me.

Now to the main concern. I have travel history. (to Canada, Dubai, SA etc). I have been to Canada before and also, still have a valid Visa on my passport. I didn't stay up to six months, never committed crime (background check was completed without any flags) but however, had a baby. Could that be the reason why i was picked on travel history? Besides, all my friends who previously traveled to Canada on TRV for birthing purposes were never refused in their subsequent application. Also, my husband, son all have valid Visas to Canada. Could that be the reason?. Guru in the house, please I need your advice as I await my GCMS notes or possible response to the refusal if those identified above could be the reasons. If yes, how can I respond? Do I need to plead for not stating birthing purposes in my previous TRV application? How can I tackle this?

With regard to purpose of Visit, I have drafted another one as the previous SOP submitted was not convincing enough. I just adopted / built on another person's SOP who was also refused. The revised SOP is now finalised. Please can any of the Gurus in the house assist in reviewing this in readiness for my GCMS notes? I will send what I previously submitted as SOP and the new one I developed to the volunteer to see the extent of work and originality I have now done. I wish to submit my application latest two days after my GCMS notes are received as I have started collating all my documents again. School resumes 23 September.

Besides, I was awarded a scholarship of $4,000 and my sister, practising medical doctor in Canada is my sponsor. I was not flagged on ties in Canada cos I showed strong ties at home in form of assets n family members (husband n son) as I stated they were not going to accompany me.
To me, travel history is not really a reason for denial(you will see that when you get your gcms note).
As for the purpose of visit, I can't comment cos you didn't state your intended programme, your previous programme, your working experience(if any).... knowing all these will give me a clearer picture of your case. As for your SOP, I think it still depend on me getting answers to the above questions I asked above
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 1:53pm On May 16, 2018
mcobex:
To me, travel history is not really a reason for denial(you will see that when you get your gcms note).
As for the purpose of visit, I can't comment cos you didn't state your intended programme, your previous programme, your working experience(if any).... knowing all these will give me a clearer picture of your case. As for your SOP, I think it still depend on me getting answers to the above questions I asked above

Thanks for your response. I have a BSC in Accounting,. I have 10 years working experience as tax consultants in a professional Firm, I propose to study MBA, University of New Brunswick. I leveraged on my work experience as the drive to further my studies.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 2:26pm On May 16, 2018
rolorolo:
Hello House,

I started following NL since I submitted my TRV application in March. However, I must state that since March and now, I have gather more than enough information on this forum and I can certify myself as immigration consultants on Study TRV. I even went as far back in following thread 13.

Please I have an issue at hand. I was refused of my TRV on 10 May, 2018. Reasons for the refusal are:

Travel History and Statement of Purpose. Of course, I knew the next step of action. I ordered for my GCMS notes even before I picked up my passport on Monday but the note is yet to be made available to me.

Now to the main concern. I have travel history. (to Canada, Dubai, SA etc). I have been to Canada before and also, still have a valid Visa on my passport. I didn't stay up to six months, never committed crime (background check was completed without any flags) but however, had a baby. Could that be the reason why i was picked on travel history? Besides, all my friends who previously traveled to Canada on TRV for birthing purposes were never refused in their subsequent application. Also, my husband, son all have valid Visas to Canada. Could that be the reason?. Guru in the house, please I need your advice as I await my GCMS notes or possible response to the refusal if those identified above could be the reasons. If yes, how can I respond? Do I need to plead for not stating birthing purposes in my previous TRV application? How can I tackle this?

With regard to purpose of Visit, I have drafted another one as the previous SOP submitted was not convincing enough. I just adopted / built on another person's SOP who was also refused. The revised SOP is now finalised. Please can any of the Gurus in the house assist in reviewing this in readiness for my GCMS notes? I will send what I previously submitted as SOP and the new one I developed to the volunteer to see the extent of work and originality I have now done. I wish to submit my application latest two days after my GCMS notes are received as I have started collating all my documents again. School resumes 23 September.

Besides, I was awarded a scholarship of $4,000 and my sister, practising medical doctor in Canada is my sponsor. I was not flagged on ties in Canada cos I showed strong ties at home in form of assets n family members (husband n son) as I stated they were not going to accompany me.
There is always more to 'purpose of visit' refusal of a study permit application. Most pointers or review without it would leave the main and actual reason(s)as the visa officer's inference on the GCMS always is the first point of review by another visa officer should you reapply. It is smart to work with the GCMS note in further considerations. I advise you wait for it and then it would be easier to deliberate from there to proffer a better solution.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 2:38pm On May 16, 2018
Biakwa:
Good afternoon House,

I seek to get clarification please.

Is it a must that my statement of account must be from my salary account,or it could be from my savings where I have funds and inflows and outflows.

Expecting your response.
The idea of including a statement of account is to show availability of funds for your your study(first year) ,living expenses as well as showing your overall financial strength. If the required funds is in either of the accounts, use any. However, you MUST show proof or sources of transactions in the account to buttress any claim you are making.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 2:44pm On May 16, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house,

i really dont know where to start from. i am a total novice to this canada visa thing even though i live in Europe.

my Wife-to-be has been admitted for masters in Canada and we are in the process of applying for her visa so i decided to check nairaland so we get it right once and for all. Hence i have several questions. P.S i have been reading the previous threads (and still reading)

my questions are:

What is the major difference between applying online and offiline? which is preferable? if i apply online where/when does VFS come in?

we started the online application process but i have not seen any point where i am to upload a SOP(or is it given another name?), all i saw was passport, proof of funds,letter of acceptance,digital photo and family info.

i heard people talk about medical test, where does that come in too?

Then as for sponsorship, her elder brother is standing as her sponsor-- he is a business man and has the sufficient fund but he doesn't have any business registration(like company account or CAC registration). we were advised to package him as an employee of his friends company(what do you think?), if we do this would the statement need to show monthly salary payments ?

Then as for her, she works in a bank and she is going to study economics. does the reference letter from her employer need to state her current job function/role or it should just state that she is a staff. (she can actually dictate the content of the later to an extent).

I have so many seemingly trivial questions to ask, i would appreciate if a GURU can just dedicate their time to answer me as much as possible and not mind my naivety. or better still ask me to pm you or send you an email.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 2:45pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

The idea of including a statement of account is to show availability of funds for your your study(first year) ,living expenses as well as showing your overall financial strength. If the required funds is in either of the accounts, use any. However, you MUST show proof or sources of transactions in the account to buttress any claim you are making.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 2:46pm On May 16, 2018
Thank you austinpee4 , this response has answered some of my questions in my post above but please can you kindly assist me answer the others as much as you can . thanks

Austinpee4:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 2:56pm On May 16, 2018
Hello house , pls, I have government funded scholarship/sponsorship for my master . But they won't pay into my account until my visa is out and ready to travel.
Plus, my uncle who is also my employer is supporting me, but will only make available his bank statement and affidavit of sponsorship.

Can I apply for visa with just the letter of sponsorship from government and my uncle without them paying into my account at the time of making my application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 3:16pm On May 16, 2018
ayoslas88:
Hi,

I want to go and pick up my passport at VFS.

I want to ask that hope the queue will nt affect my entrance into the centre.

I need answers plssss
It won't but were you approved?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2018
Ilerioluwa123:
have not linked my paper online
angry you haven't? Please do that and see what's happening.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 3:27pm On May 16, 2018
SpeedndAccuracy:
Hello my ogas...
Abeg help o...
Anyone going to or already in Lambton College?
Please, how did you pay your tuition?
Did you use the normal western union ?

I'm not in Lambton but I can guide you on how to pay your tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 3:53pm On May 16, 2018
rolorolo:
Hello House,

Please I have an issue at hand. I was refused

of my TRV on 10 May, 2018. Reasons for the refusal are:

I was also refused on the 8th of May and I am planing to go and collect my passport.

Please what time do they attend to passport collection?hope d long queue dnt affect passport collection pple.
Tanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 4:04pm On May 16, 2018
ayoslas88:

I was also refused on the 8th of May and I am planing to go and collect my passport.

Please what time do they attend to passport collection?hope d long queue dnt affect passport collection pple.
Tanks

You will still join the queue. Go early. It's when you go in that they will separate into collection and submission.

How long did your application stay under eligibility review before you got final decision?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 4:08pm On May 16, 2018
Uchboggy:
Hello Gurus in the house,

i really dont know where to start from. i am a total novice to this canada visa thing even though i live in Europe.

my Wife-to-be has been admitted for masters in Canada and we are in the process of applying for her visa so i decided to check nairaland so we get it right once and for all. Hence i have several questions. P.S i have been reading the previous threads (and still reading)

my questions are:

What is the major difference between applying online and offiline? which is preferable? if i apply online where/when does VFS come in?

we started the online application process but i have not seen any point where i am to upload a SOP(or is it given another name?), all i saw was passport, proof of funds,letter of acceptance,digital photo and family info.

i heard people talk about medical test, where does that come in too?

Then as for sponsorship, her elder brother is standing as her sponsor-- he is a business man and has the sufficient fund but he doesn't have any business registration(like company account or CAC registration). we were advised to package him as an employee of his friends company(what do you think?), if we do this would the statement need to show monthly salary payments ?

Then as for her, she works in a bank and she is going to study economics. does the reference letter from her employer need to state her current job function/role or it should just state that she is a staff. (she can actually dictate the content of the later to an extent).

I have so many seemingly trivial questions to ask, i would appreciate if a GURU can just dedicate their time to answer me as much as possible and not mind my naivety. or better still ask me to pm you or send you an email.

Thanks guys.

1. The major difference between the online and paper route is CONVENIENCE. Both undergo same review and processing time. However, a thing or two to note in difference is the fact that an online application can be processed anywhere around the world where there is a Canadian visa office. Secondly, for voluminous documentation in support of an application, it is advisable to use the paper route as there is a limitation of 4mb(size) per tab for upload of documents using the online route. Also, you would get readily assistance from workers of VFS in arranging your documents.(The online is also straight forward if you can follow the instructions and guiding).

If you apply online, VFS comes in when you receive an instruction in your account to give your biometrics at the nearest VFS office. Also, VFS or the embassy would come in when your application has been approved and you have been instructed to submit your original passport.

2. There is no tab for SOP. The best way to attach it is to merge it with other documents say letter of acceptance and upload in the tab provided.

Medical test comes in either prior submitting your application or when you have been instructed by the visa office. If you intend to do it prior submitting(Upfront), you would visit the approved panel physician(Check IRCC's website for your location) and a test will be conducted. At the end of the test, a document will be handed over to you which contains your IME(Immigration medical examination) code that would be used by the visa office to locate your medical result on their database once the panel physician uploads it.

3. You cannot "package" her elder brother without him having intentions to actually sponsor her. There would be more than packaging on their end. He will have to show commitment other than stating his willingness to sponsor. Also, he will have to show sources and proof of his income claimed as well as how funds was accumulated. If he claims to be an employee, he would have to show evidence of being employed(payslips,employment letter, bank statement showing deposits of salary over a period of time, promotion letters etc). Note that these documents are important when proving employment. He must provide as much as he can to show genuineness of claim.

4. A letter from the bank showing she is an employee would suffice and possibly that they are aware of her trip. This is not the EE process where duties has to be specified.

Lastly and importantly, she must ensure and demonstrate that she intends to return upon completion of her study.

All the best to you two.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Qupp: 4:09pm On May 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

He is retired professor emeritus and hardly here anymore, so you have to pm him directly.
How do i get to pm him without dis nairaland email stuff cos he might not reply dat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adel3951: 4:11pm On May 16, 2018
mightyola:
Does he have to go the whole 9 yards in terms of documentation(all the required sponsorship docs) or a letter of consent will do, since its a joint account with my sister and she has already provided those necessary documents.

A letter of consent is okay but if he can give you additional docs to it it's fine too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vibrant99(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2018
Doing a New SOP without GCMNOTES? bad idea, the reason for you denial may just be for a document not included, and how do you know if you didnt wait for GCMNOTE? another denial.

rolorolo:
Hello House,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

1. The major difference between the online and paper route is CONVENIENCE. Both undergo same review and processing time. However, a thing or two to note in difference is the fact that an online application can be processed anywhere around the world where there is a Canadian visa office. Secondly, for voluminous documentation in support of an application, it is advisable to use the paper route as there is a limitation of 4mb(size) per tab for upload of documents using the online route. Also, you would get readily assistance from workers of VFS in arranging your documents.(The online is also straight forward if you can follow the instructions and guiding).

If you apply online, VFS comes in when you receive an instruction in your account to give your biometrics at the nearest VFS office. Also, VFS or the embassy would come in when your application has been approved and you have been instructed to submit your original passport.

2. There is no tab for SOP. The best way to attach it is to merge it with other documents say letter of acceptance and upload in the tab provided.

Medical test comes in either prior submitting your application or when you have been instructed by the visa office. If you intend to do it prior submitting(Upfront), you would visit the approved panel physician(Check IRCC's website for your location) and a test will be conducted. At the end of the test, a document will be handed over to you which contains your IME(Immigration medical examination) code that would be used by the visa office to locate your medical result on their database once the panel physician uploads it.

3. You cannot "package" her elder brother without him having intentions to actually sponsor her. There would be more than packaging on their end. He will have to show commitment other than stating his willingness to sponsor. Also, he will have to show sources and proof of his income claimed as well as how funds was accumulated. If he claims to be an employee, he would have to show evidence of being employed(payslips,employment letter, bank statement showing deposits of salary over a period of time, promotion letters etc). Note that these documents are important when proving employment. He must provide as much as he can to show genuineness of claim.

4. A letter from the bank showing she is an employee would suffice and possibly that they are aware of her trip. This is not the EE process where duties has to be specified.

Lastly and importantly, she must ensure and demonstrate that she intends to return upon completion of her study.

All the best to you two.

Regards.

Thanks a lot Bros , you took your time to draft this response, I’m so so so grateful, I will ask more questions as we progress with it thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 4:27pm On May 16, 2018
CATESTIMONYMIDE:

It won't but were you approved?

No. I was refused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 4:30pm On May 16, 2018
Oshey9999:

I'm not in Lambton but I can guide you on how to pay your tuition.
Thanks boss...
I'll send you a PM...
There's a standard process by the school but it involves western union...
However, the banks I've been to said they don't do western union
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 4:32pm On May 16, 2018
Prudento:

You will still join the queue. Go early. It's when you go in that they will separate into collection and submission.

How long did your application stay under eligibility review before you got final decision?

3weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:51pm On May 16, 2018
Qupp:

How do i get to pm him without dis nairaland email stuff cos he might not reply dat

He will reply. In fact this Nairaland email is the only way you can contact him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Daacorpaapi: 5:20pm On May 16, 2018
Evening bosses.. Little bit confused here
Am filling the study permit form and am stuck in the employment table as the information I have to enter is more than space provided.
I have read some suggestions in the past by filling and reprinting the form and filling again.

But since am applying online how do I go about this hurdle.
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 5:32pm On May 16, 2018
Austinpee4:

Hello @Austinpee4 and the house , pls, I have government funded scholarship/sponsorship for my master . But they won't pay into my account until my visa is out and ready to travel.
Plus, my uncle who is also my employer is supporting me, but will only make available his bank statement and affidavit of sponsorship.

Can I apply for visa with just the letter of sponsorship from government and my uncle without them paying into my account at the time of making my application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 5:33pm On May 16, 2018
mcobex:

Hello house , pls, I have government funded scholarship/sponsorship for my master . But they won't pay into my account until my visa is out and ready to travel.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ejadike(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2018
Good evening everyone... Please, I need your advice, because I have been nursing this idea of traveling to Canada. What I wanna know is, how best should I move? Is it with student visa(I don't have any sponsor or funds for education) or should I apply for PR then work and sponsor myself through school over there? I have an HND(upper Credit), would it be relevant in furthering my education over there with? I'm just confused cos I really need to leave this country and make something out of my life. I don tire for bank Marketing.. Please, I need honest contributions. Bless y'all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by babzy90: 5:42pm On May 16, 2018
Sent you a pm request
SpeedndAccuracy:

Thanks boss...
I'll send you a PM...
There's a standard process by the school but it involves western union...
However, the banks I've been to said they don't do western union
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 6:03pm On May 16, 2018
Kishkosh:

Hello @Austinpee4 and the house , pls, I have government funded scholarship/sponsorship for my master . But they won't pay into my account until my visa is out and ready to travel.

We have seen in previous times where an application was refused because of the integrity of the scholarship body and it's failure in remittance of funds. As a matter of fact, i am helping a fellow overcome this issue.

While it would be okay using just the scholarship letter as proof of award of scholarship, ensure your co-sponsor show credibility and reliability to a substantial extent. Uncle is a 3rd party sponsorship and as such would need to show some level of commitment towards your study and also state that he would be your support financially should the scholarship body fail to remit funds to you in time.

I now advise people to use a DEED of GIFT for funds transferred from a 3rd party in addition to the affidavit of sponsorship with a cogent reason for expending such funds towards the applicant's study if possible. This is a document that can be tendered as evidence that the 3rd party has willingly gifted the funds and no refund is expected.

Add his statement of account and also include all evidence and proof of his income/source.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:27pm On May 16, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Excellent advice, except the paying part aspect. Except a school mandates you to pay half or part, either pay full or nothing. Paying half or part I have found out is a recipy for denial. VOs always think you are financially challenged that is why you cannot pay the entire one year tuition. So either pay one year tuition or don’t pay anything at all and allow the VOs to make an assessment of your financial ability through your presented bank statements. Paying half or part except the school asked you to do that, is like bringing unnecessary curse of conjecturing on your case.
jnyuwa02,

Legend! You speak with so much boldness and confidence. Who told you this? Are you judging based on your assumptions?. When has paying part tuition become a reason for denial?
On this reputable thread you and i can bear witness to countless of successful TRV applicants attesting that they only paid for their first semester tuition just to show their sponsor genuine interest/commitment in financing their studies in Canada even without being ordered by the school to make a part deposit and we're approved of their visas. Besides, not all guarantors can afford to pay for a full tuition at the time of application submission. Some people pay part tuition just to prove to the visa officer that their primary intent of travelling to Canada is strictly for studies, coupled with other evidence on file and It has been favouring so many folks here and will always be.
Going with what you've just said, it may appear that the applicant/gurantor of which you're using to judge failed to convince the visa officer that there are high possibility and availability of funds for the subsequent years which might have lead to the refusal of the application. Therefore in my position, if an applicant can't afford to pay full tuition, the applicant can still go ahead and make part payment. I don't see such as a reason for a refusal.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by strongtech2(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2018
good evening guys,

any one applying to humber college or northern college here. please signify I need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.