Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790419 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 9:30am On May 18, 2018
That's serious, looks like the crowd are increasing. In that case online route should be the best option considering time factor
faroouqq:
It's crazy at the vfs...went there to book an appointment and I was asked to come next week Friday... sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vibrant99(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2018
Try to base a particular situation on the right standard, Appointment is only for "LAGOS OFFICE", Abuja office is a "walk in and Submit", The appointment is due to the high volume in Lagos,.... In Abuja , You can be the only one in the office for about 1hr and there no Second person behind you.
xzile:
That's serious, looks like the crowd are increasing. In that case online route should be the best option considering time factor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:17am On May 18, 2018
adecoal:
Hello guys..

My sponsor has an inflow and outflow of 28m and 29m respectively but has a closing balance of 155k on his current account over the 6 months...he gave me and investment of 20m with his bank... Am I good to go with this??

Thanks

That is serious, from 28m to 155k. I will advice he liquidate investment and show commitment by transfering to your dorm and possibly paying one year tuition. I am thinking like a VO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:34am On May 18, 2018
It dosen't mean boss.. V.O even prefer a situation whereby your UG is directly related to your masters course.. Linguistic is related to English. You're good to go Sir. So therefore, you're on a right path if you choose to study Master in English
Ladeeey:

Please just one more question ,masters in English,wont it look like am doing same thing wen i want to apply for visa ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:39am On May 18, 2018
Good Morming all..

Is there anyone appying or applied for any (course based) masters in Univeristy of Ottawa ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmasonic4me: 10:40am On May 18, 2018
khoj:

Prudento whats the news about your application. I submitted 22nd march n just linked my application today only to see its still at background and eligibility reviews. Even biometrics not completed but I did paper application. Yes I have travel history as I did my Msc in the UK and also visited some European countries too.

Since you have the bolded, why are you not going for Permanent Residency? With MSc. and a good IELTS general training score of at least LRWS 8777.

I also assume you must have done your NYSC hence you can use that to claim the minimum one year work experience requirement for express entry.

Express entry is the best and even if you want to further your studies, you will have to pay domestic fees as tuition against the expensive international fees and you can't beat that.

Anyways, the choice is yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 11:07am On May 18, 2018
faroouqq:
It's crazy at the vfs...went there to book an appointment and I was asked to come next week Friday... sad

Lagos or Abj?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ladeeey: 11:26am On May 18, 2018
MichyEhi:

For some schools it’s not. Just start by looking at schools based on your preference. Ie tuition cost or location or living expense. And most importantly, for schools that are still admitting for the fall
Ok thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ladeeey: 11:27am On May 18, 2018
Asapant:
MUN & Usask are both affordable. They have Masters in English.
Thanks just seeing it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by babzy90: 12:33pm On May 18, 2018
By dorm you mean dormicillary acct or What?
jnyuwa02:

That is serious, from 28m to 155k. I will advice he liquidate investment and show commitment by transfering to your dorm and possibly paying one year tuition. I am thinking like a VO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:48pm On May 18, 2018
babzy90:
By dorm you mean dormicillary acct or What?

You got it!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ademcoboy(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2018
goingforward:

Hi @Newman, @Phocusjosh,

Okay, thanks for the info. I will aim to submit and get my biometrics sorted first before proceeding. From what i have read here, i understand that biometrics is done within 2-3days of submission right.?

30days....it will be stated in the biometrics letter

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GIFTY11(f): 1:28pm On May 18, 2018
Pls, we still haven't heard back from the GCMS note, we applied on the 3rd of April, a friend in canada assisted us. We sent an email on tuesday, yet we haven't heard anything.
Pls what should we do next?
We planned reapplying by the end of this month, to meet up for september entry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by teepha: 1:58pm On May 18, 2018
Hello guys I have a first degree in arts. I want to apply for after degree program for nursing (people with first degree that is not related to nursing/science. I already read through University of Calgary for the school of nursing program(2yrs course)and I will be starting my application soon. I want to know if the change in career won't affect my visa application? Because the program is for people who wants to start a career in nursing regardless of what they studied in their first degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 18, 2018
Lagos

Famzyactivity:

Lagos or Abj?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 2:39pm On May 18, 2018
1. Please which Naija Bank atm is good for paying Biometrics fees online.

2. Is it possible to pay for study permit separately and pay Biometrics later!

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.

Cc: jnyuwa02, Frankrobbn1 et al.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by PhDAdmission19: 2:43pm On May 18, 2018
Hello,

I was introduced to NL by a friend. I'm a masters student in a school in the US. I just started last fall. I intend to do my Ph.D. in Canada. Please, suggest to me which school(s) I can apply. Below is my profile;

UG GPA: 3.73/4.00
MS GPA: 3.67/4.00 ( I'll be graduating in May2019).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by technokid(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Great! Sounds like a winner!
forgot to ask.....can i use my business account alone as proof of payment cos my personal account is not active and my business account is active with daily transactions of nothing less than 20k and a max of 350k a day for the last 1yr and a total deposit volume of 16m in the last 6months. I am the only signature to the account, also would screenshots for the dashboard of the 3rd party payment company (paystack)that handles all the online payment of my business act as a supporting document for my financial proof? Would also be paying for my total fees upfront before applying, meaning payment receipy would be attached
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 4:57pm On May 18, 2018
drhammed:
1. Please which Naija Bank atm is good for paying Biometrics fees online.

2. Is it possible to pay for study permit separately and pay Biometrics later!

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.

Cc: jnyuwa02, Frankrobbn1 et al.

Cheers!

Use GTBank card

You have to pay for both at the same time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 5:16pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:

Use GTBank card

You have to pay for both at the same time
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 5:17pm On May 18, 2018
Quick one

Application 20 March 2018
Biometric 23 March 2018

Since then nothing changed. Got a notification from cic today 18 May 2018 and I saw the following:

We are now reviewing your eligibility
Medical passed
Your application has been approved, kindly present your passport (passport Request)

Glory be to God in the highest.

Going to SMU, Halifax for Master of Finance

Thank you Jesus for everything.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:17pm On May 18, 2018
drhammed:
Thank you

You need a MasterCard or Visacard

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 5:28pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Since then nothing changed. Got a notification from cic today 18 May 2018 and I saw the following:

Medical passed
Your application has been approved, kindly present your passport (passport Request)

Please when did you do medicals ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 5:28pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 5:29pm On May 18, 2018
Uchboggy:

hello Gurus,

Please does the applicant need a medical insurance as part of documents to submit at the point of application(online route)? because an agent was talking about IGI and all.

Also, Im hearing people talk about home Ties, in the case of my wife-to-be application, her bro is her sponsor and her office has granted her study leave in writing, does she still need any home ties again? if yes, what suggestions?

cc @austinpee4

Please assist with answers , I’m pleading
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 5:32pm On May 18, 2018
Uchboggy:

Please when did you do medicals ?

I did upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 5:34pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

Congratulations bro. Go and succeed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 5:37pm On May 18, 2018
You're welcome
Ladeeey:

Thanks just seeing it
. I would have loved to study in one of those unis.buh i stutied mass communication, i've ported to uOttawa. Master of communication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKFTK: 5:39pm On May 18, 2018
Congratulations brother....
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 5:41pm On May 18, 2018
Uchboggy:

Please assist with answers , I’m pleading

1. Bro, CIC doesn't request for medical insurance for visa application. You don't need it.

2. Study leave isn't a strong homepie. If your company can do without you for duration of your studies, you can as well find a better job. Sometimes, depending on the length of your study, study leave can cast a doubt on your application.

If you have another more convincing hometie, go ahead and add it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 5:46pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

Congrats bro.
Please share your profile? Do you have travel history?

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.