Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786779 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 5:56pm On May 18, 2018
Twallace:

1. Bro, CIC doesn't request for medical insurance for visa application. You don't need it.

2. Study leave isn't a strong homepie. If your company can do without you for duration of your studies, you can as well find a better job. Sometimes, depending on the length of your study, study leave can cast a doubt on your application.

If you have another more convincing hometie, go ahead and add it

Thanks for answering,
But I still need more suggestions/help/clarifications , I’m a novice in this process I don’t know if you can highlight/suggest some common ways a single lady can prove home tie .

Please don’t mind my naive questions, I no just wan hear stories.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:17pm On May 18, 2018
GIFTY11:
Pls, we still haven't heard back from the GCMS note, we applied on the 3rd of April, a friend in canada assisted us. We sent an email on tuesday, yet we haven't heard anything.
Pls what should we do next?
We planned reapplying by the end of this month, to meet up for september entry.

Did you sign the consent form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 6:23pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Application 20 March 2018
Biometric 23 March 2018

Since then nothing changed. Got a notification from cic today 18 May 2018 and I saw the following:

We are now reviewing your eligibility
Medical passed
Your application has been approved, kindly present your passport (passport Request)

Glory be to God in the highest.

Going to SMU, Halifax for Master of Finance

Thank you Jesus for everything.
congratulations Sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 6:51pm On May 18, 2018
Congratulation!!!
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Since then nothing changed. Got a notification from cic today 18 May 2018 and I saw the following:

Medical passed
Your application has been approved, kindly present your passport (passport Request)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by GIFTY11(f): 6:53pm On May 18, 2018
Ratawu:

Did you sign the consent form?

Yes,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ladeeey: 7:05pm On May 18, 2018
Asapant:
You're welcome . I would have loved to study in one of those unis.buh i stutied mass communication, i've ported to uOttawa. Master of communication

They dont have your course in any of the uni ? And are uou in canada now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ladeeey: 7:23pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

Wow,congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 7:30pm On May 18, 2018
Am in Nigeria.. Usask and MUN don't offer any media related course for masters. Other unis do.. One of them is Uottawa. Going for Master of communication. course based.
Ladeeey:

They dont have your course in any of the uni ? And are uou in canada now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:30pm On May 18, 2018
Twallace:

1. Bro, CIC doesn't request for medical insurance for visa application. You don't need it.

2. Study leave isn't a strong homepie. If your company can do without you for duration of your studies, you can as well find a better job. Sometimes, depending on the length of your study, study leave can cast a doubt on your application.

If you have another more convincing hometie, go ahead and add it

Uchboggy:

Thanks for answering,
But I still need more suggestions/help/clarifications , I’m a novice in this process I don’t know if you can highlight/suggest some common ways a single lady can prove home tie .

Please don’t mind my naive questions, I no just wan hear stories.

The answer from Twallace was correct!

You need to show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home with the following shortlisted.

1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own businesses/property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?

Cc:Uchboggy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:32pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Congratulations Newman1010. Kindly share your profile for the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 7:51pm On May 18, 2018
Errrm,

It's been 4weeks since i applied online, and i have not heard pekem. The only thing that changed was "biometrics updated".I understand some people applied way earlier before me and it's the same, some have also gotten updates in less processing time.
I've signed into my CIC account more than i've used google in the last one month.

From experience, what's the likely processing time before one begins to get updates. Basically, this is just to get have another date i'm counting down to.

BTW, i've been to canada, USA, and Turkey and i indicated them, i've been reading several travel history, don't know if this counts cos it appears travel history now delays instead of giving assurance.

Thanks guys, and God's will be done in our lives.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 8:09pm On May 18, 2018
harde116:
Errrm,

It's been 4weeks since i applied online, and i have not heard pekem. The only thing that changed was "biometrics updated".I understand some people applied way earlier before me and it's the same, some have also gotten updates in less processing time.
I've signed into my CIC account more than i've used google in the last one month.

From experience, what's the likely processing time before one begins to get updates. Basically, this is just to get have another date i'm counting down to.

BTW, i've been to canada, USA, and Turkey and i indicated them, i've been reading several travel history, don't know if this counts cos it appears travel history now delays instead of giving assurance.

Thanks guys, and God's will be done in our lives.

Even previous travel to Canada may contribute to refusal ground

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by abby2443: 8:28pm On May 18, 2018
I sent you a mail sir

Austinpee4:

Responded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:30pm On May 18, 2018
jnyuwa02:

All the part payments that I have ever seen scale through are those in which the designated school explicitly required that partial or half payment or a semester’s payment is their requirement for payment/deposit and the applicant took the time to explain that to the VO and submitted evidence of such from school. Otherwise, all those that paid half or part or one term payment on their own that I have encountered, were denied.

Austinpee4:
I paid only my first term fees and my application was approved. My school never requested any form of payment before hand. I simply paid it into my student account and got official receipt to attach in my application. A reason being that i had undoubtable access to the other funds declared for a year and i was able to demonstrate this to the officer.

It actually doesn't totally depend on whether an applicant pays the full tuition or not, the main thing is accessibility of required funds by applicant. The more accessible it seems for the applicant, the better.
Cc: jnyuwa02,

The bolded words of Austinpee4, will clear all doubts and end the debate about payment of first term tuition for visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uzee24: 8:39pm On May 18, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ladeeey: 11:06pm On May 18, 2018
[quote author=Asapant post=67675089]Am in Nigeria.. Usask and MUN don't offer any media related course for masters. Other unis do.. One of them is Uottawa. Going for Master of communication. course based.[/quote
Ohhh okkk,God help us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Candybright: 12:08am On May 19, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:21am On May 19, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

How far with your application? I hope you are making progress. I wish you the best. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:23am On May 19, 2018
Congratulations! @Newman1010
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Baybie: 12:36am On May 19, 2018
Is there anyone like me reading the entire thread to prepare for application in 2019? LOL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 1:48am On May 19, 2018
Baybie:
Is there anyone like me reading the entire thread to prepare for application in 2019? LOL
yes is me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:11am On May 19, 2018
jnyuwa02:

That is serious, from 28m to 155k. I will advice he liquidate investment and show commitment by transfering to your dorm and possibly paying one year tuition. I am thinking like a VO.

Sponsor doesn't necessarily have to transfer to one's account. All the V.O wants to see is that there's money available. Transferring funds from the sponsors account might deplete his/her funds and that is where you really wanna have the bulk of the cash in. As for the applicant, even half a million will fly for him/her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 5:34am On May 19, 2018
MeinKampf:
@Nogen, please I have contacted the international students office and was told that what I have is the final offer and should be fine for CAQ. I sent you a pm. Please I'm waiting for you to accept it.
Thanks

Do a letter of explanation attaching the response from the school and send to the office of CQA .You should be fine with this .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aallizzwellwole: 5:42am On May 19, 2018
Hello good morning everyone, please I need your response to this. 2weeks ago,I got a notification from the embassy that my personal account was faulty, that there's some elements of fraud on it, that I should respond to this within the next seven days or else I will face 5years ban. Then I responded, by sending reference letter from the bank, another statement of account and I told them to contact the bank and also carried out all necessary investigation on the account. Three days ago, I received a mail that, your application has been updated, which is checked, it was stated, that my application was is refused and a day after I received another notification that there's new update on my application which stated that " We regret to inform you that your application was refused ". Pls I don't understand them again

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Setemiola(m): 6:14am On May 19, 2018
Please my people....help me out about the student visa application form... Am I going to fill it on system and print it out? or print it out and fill?

Second question.. How many copy is the Student visa form?

3rd question... Which document am I going to submit with the visa form.

...please help by answer my question..Thanks and JAH bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 6:17am On May 19, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Maxihyfr: 6:23am On May 19, 2018
Aallizzwellwole:
Hello good morning everyone, please I need your response to this. 2weeks ago,I got a notification from the embassy that my personal account was faulty, that there's some elements of fraud on it, that I should respond to this within the next seven days or else I will face 5years ban. Then I responded, by sending reference letter from the bank, another statement of account and I told them to contact the bank and also carried out all necessary investigation on the account. Three days ago, I received a mail that, your application has been updated, which is checked, it was stated, that my application was is refused and a day after I received another notification that there's new update on my application which stated that " We regret to inform you that your application was refused ". Pls I don't understand them again

On d space for biometrics it reads.. We do not need your fingerprints.. Didnt you do biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aallizzwellwole: 6:34am On May 19, 2018
Maxihyfr:

On d space for biometrics it reads.. We do not need your fingerprints.. Didnt you do biometrics?

Yes, I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 6:37am On May 19, 2018
Maxihyfr:

This is how it appears for all paper applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tylerwill: 6:41am On May 19, 2018
Newman1010:
Quick one

Biometric 23 March 2018

Medical passed

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.