Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (794821 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:31am On Jul 05, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi again guys ... Does anyone know how long it take to get a birth certificate ?

In minutes you will get it sorted out. Simply pay visit to the National population commission office (NPC), or Passport Office, whichever one.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:35am On Jul 05, 2018
CanadianNurse:
Hmm @austinpee4 @frankrobn

Hey my boss! Warm Greetings from this end point.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Bodmillz:
Alhamdulilah!!!!

I just got original passport request!!!

Mun gode Allah! Congratulations!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Thanks boss

Frankrobbn1:

In minutes you will get it sorted out. Simply pay visit to the National population commission office (NPC), or Passport Office, whichever one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:51am On Jul 05, 2018
daculest:
I just received my GCMS notes...can any one comment on it pls.

Law graduate 2014 2nd class lower.
Age 24.
Call to bar 2015
Nysc 2016
Working since 2017 ( with not much salary thou)
Proposed study: PGC in Mediation: Alternative Dispute Resolution
School: Durham College
Duration: 8months (approximately 1year)
School fees: 15,000CAd
Proof of funds of over #105,000 dollars
Sponsors: parent
A Sibling in canada
daculest,

To provide clarity to your pasted GCMS note, the Visa officer has doubt about your intent to study and also you've not fully convinced the visa officer about the reasonableness and lucrativeness of undertaking such a program in Canada at a high expense. The Visa officer wants to know more about your career prospects back here in Nigeria, if it is financially rewarding here after graduation from Canada when compared to the investment made in your studies in Canada.

More so, the issue of future funding that was raised by the Visa officer, Your sponsor must certify the visa officer that aside you all financial obligations must be meet i.e during your studies in Canada i.e his/her immediate family, business and personal welfare must be well taken care of by the sponsor. Documents showing sponsor's source of income plays a vital role in addressing future funding.

Above all, RE-DRAFT a new SOP lying emphasizes on your course lucrativeness after studies, why you choose Canada rather than Nigeria, how this course of study will be of paramount benefit to you as an individual and to your home country.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nelsonnona1: 12:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello My people i need to know if i can Use my CAC Business name Registration to Apply for for a Professional training in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:58am On Jul 05, 2018
olugere:
Good evening, @mycobex, goinforward, frankrob1

1. I have a registered company with Coporate Affairs Commissions,

2. I worked with a company but my gross salary without deduction #114, 000 naira only.

My question is that, I want to build bank account, which one is credible for canny visa application?

Personal bank account or company bank account?

I will want to start build special account with a bank that will have big turnover. what is your advice pls
olugere

Personal bank statement more importantly! Company statement might come in as a supporting statement.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:01am On Jul 05, 2018
nelsonnona1:
Hello My people i need to know if i can Use my CAC Business name Registration to Apply for for a Professional training in Canada

What's this professional training all about? I don't think you need that to apply for a training in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:03am On Jul 05, 2018
Qupp:
I have applied for study permit twice and rejected on both occasions. Now am about doing the third one and i was adviced to apply for the gcms note of both previous applications. Pls how do i go about this cos i checked applygcms.com and i saw diff options dont know which one to pick.
Thanks
You may decide to run a check from the page 0 of this thread. You will find the information you seek.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:06am On Jul 05, 2018
makano:
Can one apply online on weekends? Saturday or Sunday.
The online portal is free anytime at your convenience. There are no stated days to apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:08am On Jul 05, 2018
kayvine4u:
Hello house,

for paper submission, is there a VIP section at the VFS for Canada submission? i know there's one for South Africa submission.

Nothing of such exist here in Nigeria. All applicants follow due application submission process, there are no preferential treatments.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:19am On Jul 05, 2018
emmy4Gold:
Good evening to everyone in the house and a very big congratulations to all those who have gotten their TRV... and to those still awaiting theirs it will end in praise IJN Amen.

PLS... my gurus in the house, I need your advice concerning my situation, I have been trying to secure masters admission but it has not come by yet.
I got an offer at Algonquin College ( Mechanical Engineering Technology, 3 Years Advanced Diploma). I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering, i graduated with second class upper.
My fear is that will the visa officer not say there is no academic progression in my proposed program, also the tuition fees is about $ 16000 CAD for the first year, thus this program wot it considering the high tuition fees.

Your input would go a long way in assisting and guiding me.
emmy4Gold,

Why opting out for a lower dipolma certification?, You're better off applying for a higher studies to your already completed degree program in Nigeria to show a logical progression between your previous studies and current academic pursuit. In as much as there are no blue print when it comes to Canada study visa, you may decide to try your luck and put up a convincing SOP to why you're spending so much for a lower level of academic focus(advanced dipolma) and why it's so important to you at this stage in life, the lucrativeness and high employment prospects after studies, of which I think will be quite difficult for you.

You stand a chance if you go for a direct Masters degree in mechanical engineering, putting into account that you graduated with a CGPA of 2.1, you might be lucky to secure funding from reputable schools like USASK, MUN, UBC, etc...

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:32am On Jul 05, 2018
pemilabelle:
Please gurus help a sister...... I'm pretty confused. My application was denied may 29th on the basis that the VO wasn't convinced I ll come back when I'm done. I applied for the gcm's note . Attached is what I got yesterday......
pemilabelle,

First, in your next reapplication endeavour to fill up the 10years employment history section on your IMM1294E, because the visa officer thought you intentionally decided not to fill the space up, just to conceal vital informations from them. Additionally, the Visa officer is unclear about your motivation to study your proposed program in Canada and also the benefit of undertaking such a program in Canada i.e the career prospects, chances of getting employment after studies etc.. are into questioning by the visa officer.

In your next application, try everything humanly possible to draft a rational letter of explanation stating your genuine intent to pursue your intended program, your future aspirations/career goals and prospects in Nigeria should be detailed.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:42am On Jul 05, 2018
sogima:
Visa just got approved.. thank you lord

Congratulations sogima
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dedecoder: 2:20am On Jul 05, 2018
This one that VOs are saying that they are not satisfied every time nko?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by don2207: 3:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations sogima

Congrats Sogima!....

Frank kindly share your email so you can help review my new SOP, I was denied for an obvious reason I believe, while I pursue other endeavors, I was advised to reapply. I intend submitting the new application next week, I'v pretty much got little or no time left.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 4:30am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello everyone. i was denied on first try. I applied for gcms note and i was told the VO isnt convinced that i am going to come back. Quite understandable but i am going to re-apply and i need a few pointers.

1. The bank statement i used ended in march or thereabouts, will i be needing a new bank statement?
2. I am going for a diploma in education which is probably why the VO thinks that, i however have an uncle's school that i plan to come back to. I have however not worked there and didnt state it in my former SOP. Is it possible to get a letter from this school showing i am coming back to them and aid my cause?
3. If yes, is there a sample of any of such letters?

Looking forward to replies and i will come with anything that comes to mind too. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning,

Please any June online application that has received update or medical call.Lets share

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Biakwa:
Good morning,

Please any June online application that has received update or medical call.Lets share
Morning @Biakwa. I'm a June online applicant. No update after my biometrics. Still waiting and being hopeful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hardaytahyor(f): 6:17am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning gurus in the house,
have been a silent follower of this thread, well done for the great job.

I submitted my application on 22nd june 2018, online route and have not received biometrics request letter. I only got notifications and messages for submission and confirmation, as anyone experienced this? Do i need to contact CIC? pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaqnony: 6:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Hardaytahyor:
Good morning gurus in the house,
have been a silent follower of this thread, well done for the great job.

I submitted my application on 22nd june 2018, online route and have not received biometrics request letter. I only got notifications and messages for submission and confirmation, as anyone experienced this? Do i need to contact CIC? pls help

Bro, you do not need to bother yourself over this. You will sure get a notification for biometrics. Biometrics request doesn't have a hard and fast rule on the timeline for sending it. Keep your cool. Besides, you can only send such message after there processing time has elapsed. ie. After 9 weeks. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 6:43am On Jul 05, 2018
Biakwa:
Good morning,

I am a June online applicant too,I haven't received any update or medical request yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 6:49am On Jul 05, 2018
URGENT!
Guys please I'm at the point of submitting online and need clarification on which section I have to upload payslip of my sponsor and myself . Do I have to merge them with SOA under proof of finance or under supporting documents?
@Mcobex @Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:13am On Jul 05, 2018
MeinKampf:
URGENT!
Guys please I'm at the point of submitting online and need clarification on which section I have to upload payslip of my sponsor and myself . Do I have to merge them with SOA under proof of finance or under supporting documents?
@Mcobex @Frankrobbn1
Under SOA should do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by daculest: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

daculest,

To provide clarity to your pasted GCMS note, the Visa officer has doubt about your intent to study and also you've not fully convinced the visa officer about the reasonableness and lucrativeness of undertaking such a program in Canada at a high expense. The Visa officer wants to know more about your career prospects back here in Nigeria, if it is financially rewarding here after graduation from Canada when compared to the investment made in your studies in Canada.

More so, the issue of future funding that was raised by the Visa officer, Your sponsor must certify the visa officer that aside you all financial obligations must be meet i.e during your studies in Canada i.e his/her immediate family, business and personal welfare must be well taken care of by the sponsor. Documents showing sponsor's source of income plays a vital role in addressing future funding.

Above all, RE-DRAFT a new SOP lying emphasizes on your course lucrativeness after studies, why you choose Canada rather than Nigeria, how this course of study will be of paramount benefit to you as an individual and to your home country.

All the best!

Thank. You very much for your input. May God bless you but plz can u explain more on the part where you said I.e his/her immediate family, business and personal welfare
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Adamwasiu32: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning gurus in the house, I submitted my application on the 28th of June via online but yet to be called for Biometric.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2018
klexycole:

Sir, try Canadian Express Entry (EE).

Cheers! smiley

My thoughts too. There are lot of people here going through the study route who are eligible for the Express entry program. I was once pursuing this route between the Part 9-12 of this thread until I realised my eligibility for express entry, thanks to @Wealth360 and @Austinpee.

So before you settle for less, try reaching for more.

There's an express entry thread here on nairaland. Goodluck

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/416
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2018
To make it simple....If you match these qualifications. ..then you are eligible for the express entry program.

Single
35years and below
Msc
1 year work experience and above
English proficiency exam (L8,R7,W7,S7)

Single
33years and below
Hnd and Ond /Bsc and Ond/Bsc and Nce/Hnd and Nce/Bsc and Pgd
1 year work experience and above
English proficiency exam (L8,R7,W7,S7)

Married
35yrs and below
Msc
3years work experience
English proficiency exam (L8 & above, S7 & above, W7 & above, R7 & above)
Spouse - Bsc/Hnd/Msc/Pgd
Spouse - English proficiency exam (L7,R7,W7,S7)

If you match the above criteria, please consider the federal skilled worker program aka Express entry.
For those above 35years old, there are also chances for you to apply but you need higher qualifications ie; Msc/PhD for both spouses to score pretty high or go through the Provincial nominee program to gain more points.

I am available for questions but I'll prefer you go to the above link and read up from page 0.

Happy choosing!!! wink

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2018
Why is it so difficult to get MSc. Chemistry in Canada as a Nigerian?

No supervisor is interested in working with me, I graduated with a 4.10GPA, I need your advice!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2018
Goodmorning guys! Please does anyone have the email address of the offices that process visas in Turkey and Dubai? Needed please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2018
sogima:
Visa just got approved.. thank you lord

A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU DEAR... I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOUR APPROVAL AFTER PATIENTLY WAITING FOR A LONG DELAYED DECISION. grin grin shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys! Please does anyone have the email address of the offices that process visas in Turkey and Dubai? Needed please

abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - Dubai

ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - Turkey

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.