Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,506 members, 7,843,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (799533 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yk05: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2018
URGENT!!! Good morning everyone, can I withdraw the money transfered to me by my sponsor after printing my bank statements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Geenosko: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2018
yk05:
URGENT!!! Good morning everyone, can I withdraw the money transfered to me by my sponsor after printing my bank statements?

Insufficient funds loading...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jephehe: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2018
Ask Google through CIC

yk05:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2018
yk05:

No!
Highly unadvisable!!!

Bank accounts are vetted, believe it or not.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2018
My question still remain that can I work for a company and still own my own personal company does it stand lorgical in eyes of VO

mcobex:
Try to build both but more importantly your PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT. But make sure you submit both SOA and company papers(it doesn't really matter how small the money in your company account is as long as the personal is enough to cover your studies)....also you won't have to make many explanations if your personal accountis more healthy than that of your company
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2018
Good Morning house and DOUBLE TWALE to our Honourable GURUS for their insurmountable contribution.

PLEASE IS 5 PAGES SOP NOT TOO MUCH FOR THE VO? HOWEVER, I AM THINKING OF EXTRACTING SOME INFO TO FORM MY LOE SO I CAN EMPHASISE MORE ON THE REASON FOR MY TRV REFUSAL. ALSO, PLEASE IS THERE ANY FORMAT FOR LOE AND IF YES WILL NEED A TEMPLATE FOR TRV LOE.

THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hardaytahyor(f): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2018
Thanks for the response
blaqnony:

Bro, you do not need to bother yourself over this. You will sure get a notification for biometrics. Biometrics request doesn't have a hard and fast rule on the timeline for sending it. Keep your cool. Besides, you can only send such message after there processing time has elapsed. ie. After 9 weeks. I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yk05: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2018
Thanks for your response.

DereI:

No!
Highly unadvisable!!!

Bank accounts are vetted, believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2018
olugere:
My question still remain that can I work for a company and still own my own personal company does it stand lorgical in eyes of VO

Hello @olugere

If you have a business running and u still work full time, i think it would be a plus in the eyes of the VO.
However, I hope that there no conflict of interest in both businesses? ( Your employers business and yours).

Provided that your business is not the same as where you work and does not create a conflict of interest. Then it may be an upper hand. It may also show strong home ties back here in Nigeria for you.

(I amended my response after a deeper thought.)

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by klexycole(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2018
DereI:

My thoughts too. There are lot of people here going through the study route who are eligible for the Express entry program. I was once pursuing this route between the Part 9-12 of this thread until I realised my eligibility for express entry, thanks to @Wealth360 and @Austinpee.

So before you settle for less, try reaching for more.

There's an express entry thread here on nairaland. Goodluck

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/416

Good one. Cheers! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2018
DereI:

abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - Dubai

ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - Turkey

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2018
Kinfinity007:
Why is it so difficult to get MSc. Chemistry in Canada as a Nigerian?

No supervisor is interested in working with me, I graduated with a 4.10GPA, I need your advice!!
Pls any answer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2018
Jewel80:

Thank you

smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2018
Kinfinity007:
Pls any answer?

Can't you look for similar courses?

Anyways, keep contacting them, persistence do pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2018
joe10:
Good Morning house and DOUBLE TWALE to our Honourable GURUS for their insurmountable contribution.

PLEASE IS 5 PAGES SOP NOT TOO MUCH FOR THE VO? HOWEVER, I AM THINKING OF EXTRACTING SOME INFO TO FORM MY LOE SO I CAN EMPHASISE MORE ON THE REASON FOR MY TRV REFUSAL. ALSO, PLEASE IS THERE ANY FORMAT FOR LOE AND IF YES WILL NEED A TEMPLATE FOR TRV LOE.

THANKS

Please try to limit the use of caplocks while typing. I do not see why you'd want to subdue a VO to the torture of a 5pages SOP. I wonder the number of documents that would follow. 50copies? 100?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2018
DereI:

Please try to limit the use of caplocks while typing. I do not see why you'd want to subdue a VO to the torture of a 5pages SOP. I wonder the number of documents that would follow. 50copies? 100?

Hello @Joe @Dere1,

I don't think anyone should be in a position to advise on the number of pages for an LOE or SOP.
The reason is because you do not know what content or information that the person has put in there. U may want to ask first before outrightly saying that it would bore the visa officer. U may want to ask to help read his or her SOP or LOE then better advice. So that the person does not reduce the information that may just be what the VO needs to see,

I have read on several forums and blogs outside of Nairaland, where people have said that its always better to provide more information than required if space can contain it, than providing less information.

No one here is a visa officer and you do not know what extra information they look out for which may be the icing on the cake and the additional reason for approving your application.

Please follow your heart play the devil's advocate on your application. Ask yourself this. Are all the information that I have placed there relevant and important. Are the information I have placed in there strong career or professional points or reasons for my study in Canada?

You also don't want to get a refusal and be left with the guilt that you would have added this or added that.

Then follow your heart on the number of pages.

There is no 1 size that fits all, please always know this. There is also no visa officer here on Nairaland. We are all just second guessing and leveraging on past knowledge and information based on trends of approvals or refusals.

goingforward.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2018
goingforward:

Hello @Joe @Dere1,

I don't think anyone should be in a position to advise on the number of pages for an LOE or SOP.
The reason is because you do not know what content or information that the person has put in there. U may want to ask first before outrightly saying that it would bore the visa officer. U may want to ask to help read his or her SOP or LOE then better advice. So that the person does not reduce the information that may just be what the VO needs to see,

I have read on several forums and blogs outside of Nairaland, where people have said that its always better to provide more information than required if space can contain it, than providing less information.

No one here is a visa officer and you do not know what extra information they look out for which may be the icing on the cake and the additional reason for approving your application.

Please follow your heart play the devil's advocate on your application. Ask yourself this. Are all the information that I have placed there relevant and important. Are the information I have placed in there strong career or professional points or reasons for my study in Canada?

You also don't want to get a refusal and be left with the guilt that you would have added this or added that.

There is no 1 size that fits all, please always know this. There is also no visa officer here on Nairaland. We are all just second guessing and leveraging on past knowledge and information based on trends of approvals or refusals.

goingforward.

Very grateful for the advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dtush(f): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2018
yk05:

It is advisable you leave it there if u can. Although in my case, i drew down on the money in one of the accounts i submitted during my brother's application, but about 70% of the funds in investments and the other accounts were intact. Yet he still got approved

This does not mean the funds were vetted or not, or mayb they decided that the 70% was still enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2018
olugere:

Why not? as long as both companies don't do same type of business
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pemilabelle: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello Frankrobbn1,

Thanks alot for your response. I really do appreciate.

Frankrobbn1:

pemilabelle,

First, in your next reapplication endeavour to fill up the 10years employment history section on your IMM1294E, because the visa officer thought you intentionally decided not to fill the space up, just to conceal vital informations from them. Additionally, the Visa officer is unclear about your motivation to study your proposed program in Canada and also the benefit of undertaking such a program in Canada i.e the career prospects, chances of getting employment after studies etc.. are into questioning by the visa officer.

In your next application, try everything humanly possible to draft a rational letter of explanation stating your genuine intent to pursue your intended program, your future aspirations/career goals and prospects in Nigeria should be detailed.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dtush(f): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2018
joe10:

THANKS

Following the advice given by goingforward and a couple other people.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of the VO that probably has a dozen of applications to go through. In as much as you want to be detailed and through, i see no reason my your SOP should be five pages long. See your SOP as your resume or even LinkedIn profile.

Let it highlight your strong points.

Using my brother's application as an example, the SOP for the first two applications were very detailed and about 3 pages, yet he got denied. The last application had a 1 page SOP, was very brief and to the point. This doesn't mean all SOPs have to be brief, other pple have gotten approved with longer.

Given that you are also including LOE, try to paraphrase and reduce the length as u also dont want to over explain and come across like you are hiding anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dolzz: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2018
Congrats!

Got a passport request email yesterday. I'm wondering, how long did it take to submit your passport at VFS?

nivlek000:
Thank you all for the Congratulations guys. Just returned from VFS. Submitted my passport and paid for delivery (8,060 NGN) via courier as I'll most likely not be available to go pick it up in the near term.

Up Next:

Opening a bank account with RBC (convo initiated with the bank)
Flight bookings (to Ontario for the renewal of my passport then to Nova Scotia)
Accommodations (partly sorted)

Better days ahead for all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2018
Jewel80:
Goodmorning guys! Please does anyone have the email address of the offices that process visas in Turkey and Dubai? Needed please

Have you contacted the hospital you had your medical yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 10:38am On Jul 05, 2018
goingforward:

Hello @Joe @Dere1,

goingforward.

Okay, I apologize to @Joe.

@Joe, try to reduce your sop. I'm only putting myself in the shoes of the VO and not claiming to be one.

I wish you the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2018
dtush:

Try to put yourself in the shoes of the VO that probably has a dozen of applications to go through. In as much as you want to be detailed and through, i see no reason my your SOP should be five pages long. See your SOP as your resume or even LinkedIn profile.

Using my brother's application as an example, the SOP for the first two applications were very detailed and about 3 pages, yet he got denied. The last application had a 1 page SOP, was very brief and to the point. This doesn't mean all SOPs have to be brief, other pple have gotten approved with longer.

Given that you are also including LOE, try to paraphrase and reduce the length as u also dont want to over explain and come across like you are hiding anything

Exactly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DereI(f): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2018
Dolzz:

Congrats!

Got a passport request email yesterday. I'm wondering, how long did it take to submit your passport at VFS?

Congrats.
Someone submitted in Abuja yesterday and he said it took 2hrs tops
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2018
To get a supervisor isn't just easy and not so difficult. I'll advise you show a strong motivation for research when contacting any Professor, attach your CV, transcript, and state what you want from them. Contact them through LinkedIn too. If your research interests align with them, they will respond. Also, some schools allow you to apply for admission without getting supervisor 1st, read through the website and be sure. Lastly, diversify your chances.

Goodluck.
Kinfinity007:
Why is it so difficult to get MSc. Chemistry in Canada as a Nigerian?

No supervisor is interested in working with me, I graduated with a 4.10GPA, I need your advice!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yk05: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2018
dtush:

It is advisable you leave it there if u can. Although in my case, i drew down on the money in one of the accounts i submitted during my brother's application, but about 70% of the funds in investments and the other accounts were intact. Yet he still got approved

This does not mean the funds were vetted or not, or mayb they decided that the 70% was still enough

Noted! Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2018
dtush:

I consider 5 pages SOP could be lengthy that is why am seeking advice if would be appropriate to split it into 2pages SOP and 3pages LOE. I was initially refused on the ground of 'Purpose of Visit' and i have valid reasons with evidence which takes about 3pages.

Your input is highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olokojobi: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2018
I have HND in Accounting and apply for Bsc in Business Admin and admission was given. Is it logical to pursue Bsc with HND , will Vo see this as an improvement in academic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2018
DereI:

Okay, I apologize to @Joe.

@Joe, try to reduce your sop. I'm only putting myself in the shoes of the VO and not claiming to be one.

I wish you the best.

No worries Bro/Sis... We are here for a motive and to assist one another achieve that goal.
Always grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dolzz: 11:11am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello All,

Been a silent reader here. Although I discovered this thread after I submitted my TRV application, I have learnt so much from the visa application process from you all.

My TRV got approved yesterday, July 4.

My timeline is below:
Date of Submission (Online): May 16, 2018
Upfront medicals
Medicals passed: June 11
Approval and passport request: July 4

Documents submitted:

1. CIC forms
2. 5 page SOP
3. Personal Statement of Account with NGN2.8 (1.5m was transferred to me by my mum through a Deed of Gift)
4. Scholarship letter covering my tuition issued by UBC
5. Letter of sponsorship from my mum
6. Mum's account statement
7. UBC admission letter
8. Waec, Nysc certificates and IELTS result
9. Copies of awards I have won in my field
10. Qualification certificates, my transcript, CV
11. Evidence of landed property owned by my mum
12. My car ownership papers
13. My birth certificate
14. Employment letter and promotion letter, employment ID card
15. Police clearance certificate
16. My payslip and mum's payslip

I hope this helps someone. Truth be told, there is no exact method for getting a TRV approval. Just keep praying and holding on to God. When God says it is time, everything will fall in place.

Wishing all TRV hopefuls the very best.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.