Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791664 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
Torontoparrot:
hello, pls what is the protocol when it comes to writing SOP, hand written or typed? Thanks

Preferably typed by all means if you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Etap:

Thank u so much the graduate programe requires a supervisor, and i contacted more that 10 of them still no reply

Try resending them just a friendly email and call after three tries no response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Torontoparrot(m): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Preferably typed by all means if you can.
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmaokudu: 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello house, Please I have a few questions concerning the IMM5832E.

1. could anyone feel the form with a computer or did you have to print it out first and then feel it by hand?

2. An instruction on this form says "All documents submitted in support of your application should be original." can a certified true copy suffice?, if yes, does that mean I have to certify every document i submit like, Waec, Transcript,Birth certificate, etc.

3. The spaces that do not concern me like Spouse for instance, should i leave it blank or should I feel it "N/A"?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
Guys pls I have question

Me and my friend applied through a agent I submitted my application yesterday and my friend applied today

We used both used thesame agent and we both have little amount in our account so our agent used his company account as our third party sponsor

Now my question is can the embassy find out me and my friend used thesame sponsor ( although I submitted my application yesterday and my friend submitted today)

And if they find out can we be refused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bieber78:
Guys pls I have question

Me and my friend applied through a agent I submitted my application yesterday and my friend applied today

We used both used thesame agent and we both have little amount in our account so our agent used his company account as our third party sponsor

Now my question is can the embassy find out me and my friend used thesame sponsor ( although I submitted my application yesterday and my friend submitted today)

Did you tell them that you used an agent?
If not, pray that they don't give u a misrepresentation
Go through the images attached as your guide.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bieber78:
Guys pls I have question

Hi,

I am not a visa officer, but let me break something down for you.

Your same agent, must have used that same company account for some other applicants, even if this worked in the past, it can not keep working.

Also, a company needs a convincing reason to want to sponsor you. You should have looked for a suitable person who can stand in as a sponsor or just go as a self sponsored student if youre buoyant enough.

like i said, i am not a visa officer, so just hope for the best. The deed has been done. Nothing you do now, will change the outcome.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
Emmaokudu:
Hello house, Please I have a few questions concerning the IMM5832E.

1. could anyone feel the form with a computer or did you have to print it out first and then feel it by hand?

2. An instruction on this form says "All documents submitted in support of your application should be original." can a certified true copy suffice?, if yes, does that mean I have to certify every document i submit like, Waec, Transcript,Birth certificate, etc.

3. The spaces that do not concern me like Spouse for instance, should i leave it blank or should I feel it "N/A"?

Thanks.

If it is online, scan the original documents and upload but if paper route, they need photocopied except all letters addressed to the embassy. VFS people will not even accept original from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Yes. Childrens practise.

Did you also lose your UMI number? She said I would pay N2,500 but that if I dont have the UMI number they cant access it.

Maybe I have yo go phycially and appeal to them.
WEIRDPC:

Hello,

If the clinic you used is children practice. ...,

I know you can get a reprint sent to your mail. i was in a similar situation last year. The first person that attended to me wasnt so nice but the subsequent person was nice and he sent to my mail free of charge.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
annaliese88:
Yes. Childrens practise.

Did you also lose your UMI number? She said I would pay N2,500 but that if I dont have the UMI number they cant access it.

Maybe I have yo go phycially and appeal to them.

i submitted the document without making a photocopy. I didn't have the UMI. The second guy that answered my call asked for my details like passport number name date of test and all.

He sent the document to my mail 5mins after the call. i did not pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello gurus in the house.
Kudos to the good work here.
My questions are:
Is it possible to send a supporting document to CIC after submission?
Which CIC email should I address it to?
And can I send the supporting documents even when I have not been asked to?

I initially submitted a screenshot of the email correspondence with me and the branch manager plus a screenshot of my account when I applied on 20th March via paper route and I just got my Canadian bank attestation letter with the statement of account couriered to me today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2018
DrND:
Hello gurus in the house.
Kudos to the good work here.
My questions are:
Is it possible to send a supporting document to CIC after submission?
Which CIC email should I address it to?
And can I send the supporting documents even when I have not been asked to?

I initially submitted a screenshot of the email correspondence with me and the branch manager plus a screenshot of my account when I applied on 20th March via paper route and I just got my Canadian bank attestation letter with the statement of account couriered to me today.

You can send supporting documents here accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
WEIRDPC:

You can send supporting documents here accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

Thank you sire. I will do so asap bfr they start reviewing my documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Hi,

I am not a visa officer, but let me break something down for you.

Your same agent, must have used that same company account for some other applicants, even if this worked in the past, it can not keep working.

Also, a company needs a convincing reason to want to sponsor you. You should have looked for a suitable person who can stand in as a sponsor or just go as a self sponsored student if youre buoyant enough.

like i said, i am not a visa officer, so just hope for the best. The deed has been done. Nothing you do now, will change the outcome.

Best wishes

Cc: Bieber78. The above bolded by WEIRDPC is true.

Bieber78:
Guys pls I have question

Bieber78

It doesn't matter the date both of you submitted your application, how sure are you that your agent didn't give out same account statement to prospective applicants/clients.

Flash back my post on March 15.

"That's what most agent do, there are particular bank statements they use for visa application, most especially when the applicant family are not buoyant enough to stand up as a sponsor to them. So, They use this bank statement and other fraudulent documents as the sponsor to the applicant"

From the rubric,i found that they submitted the same financial statement and sponsor documents to different applicants, so the information collides with other applicants applications with them, together with fraudulent employment establishment of the applicant sponsor and was asked by the Visa officer to explain his case for misrepresentation, the agent then lied that it was the applicant that submitted this application, that there was no agent involved

Await the outcome of your applications.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
Please is there any Ph.d student of Concordia University in the house?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bieber78:
Guys pls I have question

AGENT......AGENT OOOOO use d same account for two of u....madam keep praying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
smiley..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hurricanesgrace: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
Gurus in the hous again I am here asking for ur candid opinion. My gcsm file came in today and on the note it was stated in my account there was a recent lump sum deposits of unknown origin in my account based on the evidence provided. So I was refused TRV.
Based on this recent finding, I want to ask, is it advisable for my sponsor to move money directly to my account. Cos initial I was using a third party to move d money to my own account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good day house, my apology if this has been addressed before.
I did search previous pages of this forum to confirm my question but my search wasn’t fruitful. That is why I’m asking;
When filling the IMM1294 form under tuition, room and board, others and funds available to you. Do I insert the fee of one year for each column respectively or the fee for the entire course of the program.
My one year fee breakdown is
Tuition 10,221
Room &board 7000
Others 3000
Funds available to me for a year is 20,000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asihanmi: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Thanks for being responsive.

Please if I may ask what does it mean under live update online that "Final decision has been made,we regret to... but on checking the help button it states until final decision is made... As if there is room for further update.
Also, under eligibility requirements ,it states that you did not...but under help button it states until an eligibility test is done.

So far does it simply mean that application is declined?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
Great. Thanks. Atleast now I know its not impossible for them to access the record like she implied. I will go physically

WEIRDPC:

i submitted the document without making a photocopy. I didn't have the UMI. The second guy that answered my call asked for my details like passport number name date of test and all.

He sent the document to my mail 5mins after the call. i did not pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
hurricanesgrace:
Gurus in the hous again I am here asking for ur candid opinion. My gcsm file came in today and on the note it was stated in my account there was a recent lump sum deposits of unknown origin in my account based on the evidence provided. So I was refused TRV.
Based on this recent finding, I want to ask, is it advisable for my sponsor to move money directly to my account. Cos initial I was using a third party to move d money to my own account.

hurricanesgrace,

HOW TO ADDRESS LUMP SUM DEPOSIT INTO ACCOUNT FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE

Lump sum deposits are funds that are never in existence in an account statement, and are perceived by the Visa officer as borrowed money into an applicant/sponsor account just to acquire their TRV.

Firstly, in your next application try as much as possible to draft a separate letter of explanation, indicating the source of the lump sum and stating how you have addressed it e.g was the funds gotten from business investments/sells, sold landed property/buildings, rented apartments___Provide little explanation to this and transcation reciepts to support your claims about the origin of the money.

Secondly, Pay up your first year tuition fee out of the account the lump sump was noticed to show that funds is actually meant for your study and let sponsor transfer living expenses into your personal naira/dorm account.

Thirdly, Provide an updated letter of sponsorship stating the origin of the lump sum deposit and what the sponsor has done afterwards as fresh evidence and financial commitment after the first delay (i.e paying up the balance of your tuition and transferring funds to your personal naira/dorm account). In addition let your sponsor get a reference letter to back this up.

Lastly, endeavor to construct a financial table chart on your LOE/SOP showing clearly your tuition fees, Room and board, others and estimate on how the total funds available to you will be spent.

The above is how to tackle lump sum deposit.

All the best!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Asihanmi:
Thanks for being responsive.

Please if I may ask what does it mean under live update online that "Final decision has been made,we regret to... but on checking the help button it states until final decision is made... As if there is room for further update.
Also, under eligibility requirements ,it states that you did not...but under help button it states until an eligibility test is done.

So far does it simply mean that application is declined?
Asihanmi,

I'm sorry it's a refusal. Put your self together and order for your GCMS note once you have received your refusal letter.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bieber78:
Guys pls I have question

I just hope and pray nothing was misrepresented by you and that agent. If he/she did , you should start locating a local MFM church to pray without ceasing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
OFFICIALAEL:
Good day house, my apology if this has been addressed before.
I did search previous pages of this forum to confirm my question but my search wasn’t fruitful. That is why I’m asking;
When filling the IMM1294 form under tuition, room and board, others and funds available to you. Do I insert the fee of one year for each column respectively or the fee for the entire course of the program.
My one year fee breakdown is
Tuition 10,221
Room &board 7000
Others 3000
Funds available to me for a year is 20,000

OFFICIALAEL,
You need to show proof of funds for your first year of studies not for the entire period of stay in Canada. So while filling the IMM form your tuition should be for your first year not for the whole program.
Room and board can be 10,000CAD, while others should be 2,000CAD......
Funds available for your stay in Canada should be the total amount of your tuition, room and board and others = Funds available for your stay.
But, I prefer adding 2KCAD extra to the funds available for my stay after adding up the above figure.
Be guided properly.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
Austinpee4:

I just hope and pray nothing was misrepresented by you and that agent. If he/she did , you should start locating a local MFM church to pray without ceasing.
Austinpee4,
Hehehe grin Funny.... Not just MFM church, there are other new generation churches to run to like "STAB THE DEVIL TO DEATH INTERNATIONAL PROPHETIC MINISTRIES".....
, I think this should be the best place to go. Maybe they might stab one of the visa officers to change their decision.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Austinpee4,

Hehehe grin Funny.... Not just MFM church, there are other new generation churches to run to like "STAB THE DEVIL TO DEATH INTERNATIONAL PROPHETIC MINISTRIES".....
, I think this should be the best place to go. Maybe they might stab one of the visa officers.
Bad enough that the applicant accepted such offer knowing well that a second person is involved in same sponsorship. It's appalling the extent these agents go in their business while trying to make ends meet.

Why stand in as a sponsor for 2 persons when in real sense you won't avail the funds you have claimed to be available?

Since the application has been sent in already, we can only wait till things begin to play out. Hopefully, it isn't too much to bear.

Meanwhile, Great job you have been doing here bro, i salute you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hey guys....is there anyone here who is going to fanshawe college? Please i will need the person to guide me in applying to fanshawe college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Austinpee4:

Bad enough that the applicant accepted such offer knowing well that a second person is involved in same sponsorship. It's appalling the extent these agents go in their business while trying to make ends meet.

Why stand in as a sponsor for 2 persons when in real sense you won't avail the funds you have claimed to be available?

Since the application has been sent in already, we can only wait till things begin to play out. Hopefully, it isn't too much to bear.

Meanwhile, Great job you have been doing here bro, i salute you .
Austinpee4,

Some people are morally adamant, knowing fully the implications of such fraudulent act and still indulge themselves in sharp practices. At the end, they run to this forum seeking for solutions, while they are the architect to their problems.
We have nothing to do, but to wait for the good job they have started that will be unveiled soon.

Thank you my bro for the bolded words. I remain loyal boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
Try and apply ur self bro. Application processes for Colleges are always straight forward unlike Universities .
Make attempt to apply first and whatsoever you don't understand. Ask the house..
hotcakept2:
Hey guys....is there anyone here who is going to fanshawe college? Please i will need the person to guide me in applying to fanshawe college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
I applied to 3 colleges my self. Algonquin, Durham and Seneca and they're all straight forward and simple. I Also tried Conestoga.. Dear Brother. apply your self.. I choose Durham kus of reasonable fee among the above mentioned.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Joiza: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello everyone. I've been a silent follower of this thread I must say you guys are doing an excellent job. I feel like a guru already grin

I have a BSc in industry chemistry.....Nigeria, MSc in the science of occupational HSE....UK. I currently own a business in the fashion industry.
I got admission for an 2yr MBA program in Canada for January 2018 but had to defer to may 2018

Online application 29th January 2018
Biometrics 2nd February
Medical mail 1 March
Medicals done 6th march
Medicals passed 12th march
Approval/PPR 22nd march

Documents submitted

All CIC forms
Conditional offer of admission
1st semesters tuition (requested by the university)
Unofficial transcript (BSc&MSc)
SOA from my dad
Proof of CAC registration
Curriculum vitae and all Certificates mentioned on my CV
Detailed LOE
I used my Hubby as home ties.

Thanks to this fourm as I always thought it was very difficult to obtain a Canadian study permit as I've had friends that where denied. I tought it was only achievable if you use an agent. smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.