Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791678 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
Bieber78:

But bro when filling the CIC forms I only saw tuition and funds available for stay
I put 12000 for tuition fees and under funds available for stay I put 12,000

This is the least of your worries. The school on your IRCC forms indicated how much you need yearly for room and board and tuition. VOs know how to determine from that and your submitted bank account, the funds available for your stay. One year and subsequent years. Many people have been approved who put as funds available to them, the years of the complete year of program. Many also have been approved who put as funds available to them, the cost of only one year of their program. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Flawlessheyi(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
Is possible not to do medical and still have TRV approved?
What is the difference between CALA or GHAN in tracking number is?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
Thanks to all who attended to my questions. I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tommee: 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You are very correct, visa officers when they read application look out for elements of desperation and if they find one, can deny an application. Stay away from conveying high emotions in your SOP. Using words like "my great country Nigeria," "I love Nigeria" or any kind of begging that been offered admission in Canada is a great privilege that will change your life or anybody's life, is a giveaway. Stay neutral and convey only facts. Stay away from high emotions that show that going to Canada is a make or break. And this person asking if he tackled number 2, whether he would absolutely be given a visa, nobody can give that assurance. You can only do your best and hope for the best. The truth is you can submit everything and meet to all requirements and still be refused. The VOs are not easily predictable and enjoy considerable latitude in discretion. Best wishes!

@jnyuwa02

But truly Nigeria is a great country grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
tommee:

@jnyuwa02

But truly Nigeria is a great country grin grin

It is a great country indeed full of talents and energy. But if you say it in a SOP, it would appear like you a sycophant trying to curry favor for them to approve you. Stay on neutral ground and let the facts speak for themselves!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is the least of your worries. The school on your IRCC forms indicated how much you need yearly for room and board and tuition. VOs know how to determine from that and your submitted bank account, the funds available for your stay. One year and subsequent years. Many people have been approved who put as funds available to them, the years of the complete year of program. Many also have been approved who put as funds available to them, the cost of only one year of their program. Best wishes!

I included my dad account of 26m and mom with 17m in their respectively banks ,does it stands a good chance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
hotcakept2:

Thanks for replying....please I have 2 questions.

1. Which canadian school are you in?

2. Is it possible for one to apply for masters after completion of PGD?

I'm not sure if any other person has advised you but please write Ielts
Gives you an edge and makes you avoid time wasting in case the school later asks for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
hustla:

I'm not sure if any other person has advised you but please write Ielts
Gives you an edge and makes you avoid time wasting in case the school later asks for it

Thanks for this advice. Please what kind of edge are you talking about? Expecting your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Busolami2015(f): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
Please is it a must to add NYSC certificate during the student visa application.

Because I planned I'm due to staff this April and I will be applying around July for next year September application. Which means if I was granted admission, I will still be serving during the student visa application process.
Is It a must you must have completed your NYSC before applying for the visa application or any Canadian admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Bieber78:

I included my dad account of 26m and mom with 17m in their respectively banks ,does it stands a good chance?

You really do have a great chance!! It not an amount of money so much that it leaves the VOs in doubt what kind of kingpin you are. It is not an amount too small that it leaves the VO in doubt whether you are impoverished or can afford your studies and still want to return to Nigeria. It is just right and more than comfortable. Someone with that much parental money I know, single, didn't even enclose transcript or SOP and got approved. Don't take anything forgranted though. Make sure the sources of your parent's money are evident. Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Moley22(m): 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
@Frankrobbn1 please kindly check your mail sir...
@Jnyuwa02 sir please kindly check the recent mail i sent...

Thank you sirs! God bless!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
jydorchem:
Hello people. Please I beg I need advice urgently, biko, kindly treat my issue:
I have been offered a Ph.d admission(with funding) in Concordia University. For trv applicatn, do I still need to provide a sponsor's statement of account? If yes, lik how shld be in d person's accnt? Also like how much shld I have in my account as well?
Thanks.

If your funding covers your tuition and living expenses, you still need to show your SOA.

The fund in your SOA should cover your flight ticket, tansport fare etc., from the airport to your school before your school can release the fund to you.

500k SOA is ok for this.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by platypelloid: 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
HELLO HOUSE,I WAS DECLINED OF ADMISSION IN A SCHOOL IN USA ABOUT ONE MONTH AGO.

2 DAYS AGO,I WAS COONTACED BY A PROFESSOR CHAIR IN ANOTHER FACULTY, IN THESAME UNIVERSITY ENCOURAGING ME TO APPLY FOR A SPECIFIC PROGRAM WHICH HAS FUNDING,THAT HE HAS ALREADY WAIVED APPLICATION FEE FOE ME,THAT HE ALREADY HAS MY PROFILE AND FILE.HE ATTACHED A PAGE FORM ONLY FOR ME TO FILL.THAT I DONT NEED SO START APPLICATION ALL AGAIN.

Few hours later ,I got an email conformation of my new application.

PLEASE HOUSE,WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR THE PROFESSOR CHAIR TO CONTACT ME TO APPLY

WHAT IS MY PERCENTAGE CHANCE OF BEING ADMITTED INTO THIS PROGRAM??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
platypelloid:
HELLO HOUSE,I WAS DECLINED OF ADMISSION IN A SCHOOL IN USA ABOUT ONE MONTH AGO.

2 DAYS AGO,I WAS COONTACED BY A PROFESSOR CHAIR IN ANOTHER FACULTY, IN THESAME UNIVERSITY ENCOURAGING ME TO APPLY FOR A SPECIFIC PROGRAM WHICH HAS FUNDING,THAT HE HAS ALREADY WAIVED APPLICATION FEE FOE ME,THAT HE ALREADY HAS MY PROFILE AND FILE.HE ATTACHED A PAGE FORM ONLY FOR ME TO FILL.THAT I DONT NEED SO START APPLICATION ALL AGAIN.

Few hours later ,I got an email conformation of my new application.

PLEASE HOUSE,WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR THE PROFESSOR CHAIR TO CONTACT ME TO APPLY

WHAT IS MY PERCENTAGE CHANCE OF BEING ADMITTED INTO THIS PROGRAM??

You might be on the wrong study thread. This is Canadian and not USA. However for a professor to go that length of waiving application fee sounds looks Canadian. Either way, it means you are likely in. He probably got a referal from another department who thought you might be a right fit for his department. Good luck bro! It seems like an admission will be extended to you soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
Busolami2015:
Please is it a must to add NYSC certificate during the student visa application.

Because I planned I'm due to staff this April and I will be applying around July for next year September application. Which means if I was granted admission, I will still be serving during the student visa application process.
Is It a must you must have completed your NYSC before applying for the visa application or any Canadian admission.

NYSC not necessary, many get their visas approved without it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Busolami2015(f): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

NYSC not necessary, many get their visas approved without it.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
hotcakept2:

Thanks for this advice. Please what kind of edge are you talking about? Expecting your reply

95 percent of schools in Canada do not ask for it from Nigerian students. With all due respect, it saves no time and gives no edge. Most people who take the test do it for Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
I am one of the board of directors of limited liability company registered with CAC, I actually own the engineering company but no money in the company account, but I have the original certificate with me and other form from vacation that show am one of the director,.

My question is how useful is to my application,, and how can make use of this?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
Moley22:

Moley22. ......I saw your pm. ...have email u back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
Does anyone have an idea of USASk grading system ?. I need it bad bad..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2018
Asapant:
I applied to 3 colleges my self. Algonquin, Durham and Seneca and they're all straight forward and simple. I Also tried Conestoga.. Dear Brother. apply your self.. I choose Durham kus of reasonable fee among the above mentioned.

Cheers.

Bro....is it the same course you applied in the 4 colleges or different courses

Also what document did you submit? Expecting your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
hotcakept2:

Most times, it's better to have than to not have.
For schools that do not say it's compulsory, you'll come off as better than another person who's applying without ielts

When I wanted To apply to lambton for instance, someone that applied with Ielts got selected and I wasn't.. I wrote countless emails to them explaining that I studied in English and even studied mass communication to no avail. My school even wrote them, same response

That's what made me write Ielts that time..

I haven't reapplied since though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
Moley22:

Moley22,
My boss pm replied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

95 percent of schools in Canada do not ask for it from Nigerian students. With all due respect, it saves no time and gives no edge. Most people who take the test do it for Express Entry.

Okay then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:39am On Mar 25, 2018
Flawlessheyi:
Is possible not to do medical and still have TRV approved?
What is the difference between CALA or GHAN in tracking number is?

I have heard people get visa without police certificate, without NYSC certificate, without SOP, without transcript, but with certificate, etc. But it is not possible, you have to do medicals to be approved for a TRV. Never seen visa approved without medicals first passed. It is a requirement of the law of the nation of Canada governing admissibility of non immigrants/immigrants into its territorial borders. CALA and GHAN are tracking number assigned if you filed at the VFS center in Lagos. The former referring usually to visitor visa processed in Lagos, the latter student visa processed in Ghana. Best wishes!!

PS: CA=Canada LA=Lagos (CALA)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please oooo......is there anyone here going to seneca or fanshawe college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
hustla:

Most times, it's better to have than to not have.
For schools that do not say it's compulsory, you'll come off as better than another person who's applying without ielts

When I wanted To apply to lambton for instance, someone that applied with Ielts got selected and I wasn't.. I wrote countless emails to them explaining that I studied in English and even studied mass communication to no avail. My school even wrote them, same response

That's what made me write Ielts that time..

I haven't reapplied since though

Please when you were applying to lambton college

What were the things you submitted to the college?

2. About the ielts can I still write it and still travel to canada because I learnt they do lessons for it and it takes months before you finally get to write it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
hotcakept2:

Please when you were applying to lambton college

What were the things you submitted to the college?

2. About the ielts can I still write it and still travel to canada because I learnt they do lessons for it and it takes months before you finally get to write it

Just the usual scans

intl passport, transcript, results, etc. The stuffs are on the website once you sign up

You need to ask from the school, they may waive it for you so you won't have to go through stress.. Because they didn't waive it for you me doesn't mean they won't do it for you

About the Ielts, you don't have to take all those lessons and stuff, serious long thing. Just join nairalands whatsapp group for Ielts, download materials online and study for like 2 weeks.

For me, I started studying a night before the exam and still had a 7.5, but i made sure I familiarized myself with how they set the questions and numerous tips and tricks, ieltliz is about the best. (I studied Mass comm at UG level so it might be a bit easy for me)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pls house kindly help on this...
Probably instructions on what form to download and how to fill specifically is in previous and past threads. Could someone give a detailed explanation or copy link on the exact forms needed for Study visa/TRV. I definitely know I could use a PDFfiller if form not editable. And is any of the appropriate forms up to date once it's from cic.gc.ca, cus one was from 2010 and another feb 2018.

IMM1294:

IMM5832 (should page 1-5 checklist be ticked with a pen or I can use pdffiller to do that on the computer) and should page 17-19 also be filled with a pen and if space inadequate add an extra A4?.

IMM5483 (should I also add this as another checklist)

Which is the correct family info form between IMM5707 & IMM5645...or I'm just suppose to use the family info section contained in the IMM5832 which is the correct family info. Also I keep finding diff obsolete versions... should I use anyone from cic.gc.ca irrespective of the date it carries.

Happy Sunday...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please house I a question, can someone travel to Canada 3months to the commencement of his/her studies if you get your visa approved early? A friend told its possible but I want to here direct from gurus with experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Yess. The same. Broadcasting Radio. Only upload your transcript also you could find other documents which you'll need to upload. They're stated on the site
hotcakept2:

Bro....is it the same course you applied in the 4 colleges or different courses

Also what document did you submit? Expecting your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Yoo Bro. Let's rob minds. I also studied mass comm UG. What school did u graduated form ,What school are you looking upto in canny and what course are u going for ?
hustla:

Just the usual scans

intl passport, transcript, results, etc. The stuffs are on the website once you sign up

You need to ask from the school, they may waive it for you so you won't have to go through stress.. Because they didn't waive it for you me doesn't mean they won't do it for you

About the Ielts, you don't have to take all those lessons and stuff, serious long thing. Just join nairalands whatsapp group for Ielts, download materials online and study for like 2 weeks.

For me, I started studying a night before the exam and still had a 7.5, but i made sure I familiarized myself with how they set the questions and numerous tips and tricks, ieltliz is about the best. (I studied Mass comm at UG level so it might be a bit easy for me)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.