Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785540 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Oh , I guess they updated every countries. UAE was 4 weeks as at yesterday but today, it is now 5 weeks.

We can still be thankful. As of last year at this time, it was 22weeks!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by moneyncar(f): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
moneyncar:
Good morning family, i am applying for a pgd in business Management but have bachelor degree in electrical engineering (COREN certified).I am a co founder of an engineering firm(4 years old) but need business management skills to manage my company and take it globally.My husband(Engineer)is the founder but he has a full time job, works part time with the company. My questions are
1) is it too early to apply for student visa for Jan 2019 intake?
2) We dont have a corporate account yet and no tax certificate but have been doing alot of jobs in partnership with other companies . Most funds goes to my husband personal account(salary/contract ). So can he use his personal account to sponsor me? If yes which proof of funds will he show? Is it his full time work details or the company details
3) I don't have a fixed salary from the company(my husband) but get money from him regularly for the jobs done.Should i just generate a payslip for myself?
Sorry for my questions, I need help to put all this things together to make a good SOP. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
First, i guess you may want to answer the question, "why not MBA?" as i know you can come from any field to do that, however, that poses more questions as to why Canada for MBA, and would you be willing to spend as much for a program if you find one.

To answer your questions, all the possible ways to answer that you actually run a business appear to have one issue or the other. I'm thinking the only document you have now is the CAC certificate.
You run a business for at least 4years, and you don't have a corporate account, they can conclude it's not existent or it's not a moving business. What is the proof that you have been working in partnership with other companies? Also sounds like tax evasion, you may be able to fix this though, but without an account, not sure.
When you say full time work or company details, is there proof somewhere that shows where money enters? Nothing says he can't present two accounts anyway, provided the money in them would count.

If you generate a payslip, where will you say the money comes from? His personal account again? The chain is quite long and may require so much explanation from you.

Ultimately, no one knows for sure what works, we all hope for the best at the end of the day. If you must go ahead with this application, be ready to explain every of these problems one after the other, because a little gap like this na problem, and then try to add some more to your application that would prove why you would return home after the program.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

[quote author=moneyncar post=69564532][/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
AmadeusCho:
Hi people

Please is their anyone that has applied for admission with Brandon university??

How long did the admission process take?
I applied at Brandon university and it took less than three weeks to be offered admission, though is an undergraduate course precisely bachelor of business administration BBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AmadeusCho: 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Linzo:

I applied at Brandon university and it took less than three weeks to be offered admission, though is an undergraduate course precisely bachelor of business administration BBA
I am applying for second degree so they asked for my university transcript which I mailed to them last month 25.. and I emailed them, they said they will get back to me when my document get to their office and reviewed!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Innocent94(m): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2018
Please is it compulsory to pay tuition deposit at university of Windsor after admission?anyone has an idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

They are professionals at IOM Abuja. Not only are they giving you a medical check ups, the doctors meet with you individually to enlighten you on HIV prevention and the details of each medical test and what they are doing. They bring a really humane touch to the practice and you take some valuable life lesson away from there, not only a medical result. I highly recommend them. And they waste no time. On the very day your test is confirmed as passed or not passed (usually 2-3 working days), is the very day IRCC will get it. I did mine on a Tuesday and it was ready sent by Friday they called to confirm. And out of all the faces that come there, they remembered who I am and touched on particular conversations we had. Wonderful experience!
when medical is not passed what happens ? and have you come across anyone who experienced it before and what was the situations like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:08am On Jul 21, 2018
harde116:
First, i guess you may want to answer the question, "why not MBA?" as i know you can come from any field to do that, however, that poses more questions as to why Canada for MBA, and would you be willing to spend as much for a program if you find one.

To answer your questions, all the possible ways to answer that you actually run a business appear to have one issue or the other. I'm thinking the only document you have now is the CAC certificate.
You run a business for at least 4years, and you don't have a corporate account, they can conclude it's not existent or it's not a moving business. What is the proof that you have been working in partnership with other companies? Also sounds like tax evasion, you may be able to fix this though, but without an account, not sure.
When you say full time work or company details, is there proof somewhere that shows where money enters? Nothing says he can't present two accounts anyway, provided the money in them would count.

If you generate a payslip, where will you say the money comes from? His personal account again? The chain is quite long and may require so much explanation from you.

Ultimately, no one knows for sure what works, we all hope for the best at the end of the day. If you must go ahead with this application, be ready to explain every of these problems one after the other, because a little gap like this na problem, and then try to add some more to your application that would prove why you would return home after the program.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

It may be necessary to show a bank account only if the company is sponsoring him or he is sponsoring himself as the founder of the company. If an uncle or any other relative is sponsoring him, no bank account from the company is needed. Only CAC certificate and perhaps a tax clearance of the company if he is using it as a tie.

A woman that got her visa recently, generated payslips from her company. I guess she was using that as a tie for a job she is returning to Nigeria for. But her dad is the main sponsor and she presented CAC and bank account of her sponsor, not her company, not even a bank account of herself. You never know what works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:26am On Jul 21, 2018
orobs93:
when medical is not passed what happens ? and have you come across anyone who experienced it before and what was the situations like?

If you don’t pass medical, you could be declared inadmissible to Canada. For example if medical reveals you have HIV or Ciphillis or Hepatitis, then you could be refused visa. Except you move to show that such condition of yours would not prove excessive strain and burden on the Canadian Healthcare system. That means you have to show extra money and show that you have taken out insurance to cover for this condition in Canada. Once medical reveals these conditions, you have to move to treat it in Nigeria for those curable ones and for HIV you have to show full insurance coverage in Canada. It’s not a small proving you have to do (if you have failed medical to stand a chance of visa approval).

Yes I have come across it before, someone on this forum failed medical based on having HIV. I told him what to do, to get insurance coverage in Canada and address in a detailed SOP why his health condition would not posse undure burden on the Canadian healthcare system. He never reported his findings, perhaps went AWOL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Moley22(m): 4:12am On Jul 21, 2018
AmadeusCho:
Hi people

Please is their anyone that has applied for admission with Brandon university??

How long did the admission process take?
Got an offer in about a week for Bsc. Early application is advised.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 6:39am On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If you don’t pass medical, you could be declared inadmissible to Canada. For example if medical reveals you have HIV or Ciphillis or Hepatitis, then you could be refused visa. Except you move to show that such condition of yours would not prove excessive strain and burden on the Canadian Healthcare system. That means you have to show extra money and show that you have taken out insurance to cover for this condition in Canada. Once medical reveals these conditions, you have to move to treat it in Nigeria for those curable ones and for HIV you have to show full insurance coverage in Canada. It’s not a small proving you have to do (if you have failed medical to stand a chance of visa approval).

Yes I have come across it before, someone on this forum failed medical based on having HIV. I told him what to do, to get insurance coverage in Canada and address in a detailed SOP why his health condition would not posse undure burden on the Canadian healthcare system. He never reported his findings, perhaps went AWOL.

oh thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:54am On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:
Processing time in Nigeria now ten weeks. If you haven’t still applied and you are resuming in September, you in trouble!

Hmmm. So what of guys that applied when it was 9weeks how will they now do the calculations or will the 10 weeks apply to all applications automatically,my 9 weeks will elapse on the 3rd of August.when will now be the best time to send them mail as regards medical call...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I gained admission into Thompson rivers university January intake 2019 ..I will be doing my biometrics next week...online route ..when they ask for my passport ,is it a sure approval and when they ask me for medicals is it likely an approval after medical ,and when will they ask me for my passport. please what and scenarios that plays out in this instances ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:00am On Jul 21, 2018
orobs93:

I gained admission into Thompson rivers university January intake 2019 ..I will be doing my biometrics next week...online route ..when they ask for my passport ,is it a sure approval and when they ask me for medicals is it likely an approval after medical ,and when will they ask me for my passport. please what and scenarios that plays out in this instances ?

If they ask you to do medicals, chances are great you will get it. If they ask you for passport, it’s a slam dunk done deal, you are in!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:02am On Jul 21, 2018
Biakwa:

Hmmm. So what of guys that applied when it was 9weeks how will they now do the calculations or will the 10 weeks apply to all applications automatically,my 9 weeks will elapse on the 3rd of August.when will now be the best time to send them mail as regards medical call...

Applicable when you filed. It will be an average of 9 weeks for you. Not a good idea sending them an email about medical call. Allow them to call you themselves or if you have taken medicals after applying, send them the result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If they ask you to do medicals, chances are great you will get it. If they ask you for passport, it’s a slam dunk done deal, you are in!!

thank very much for your time you are doing a great job I am a silent reader but sometimes the comments and reports here are very scary ..but we must take both positive and negative lessons ..but I also notice some persons are highly insensitive which is beyond our control.so few times you see their annoy and depressing comments and it just out you done ...outside that you and your team are doing a great job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yinkamic: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
Hi @Austinpee4

Please I like to ask a question.. I got a Canadian visiting visa recently, I just got adminssions in a school in canada, do I need to apply for student permit from here before going to canada? Or I just go and apply for it within canada.. or do I go for visiting them come back to Nigeria and them apply for study permit .. Thank you

Hi @Austinpee4,

Thanks for your response.
Will the visitor's visa be canceled while the student visa is issued or the student visa will be issued in addition?
Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

goingforward.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 9:51am On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Applicable when you filed. It will be an average of 9 weeks for you. Not a good idea sending them an email about medical call. Allow them to call you themselves or if you have taken medicals after applying, send them the result.

On point...
If I should understand you clearly if after 9weeks no response,one can do medical and send them the result and start waiting for final vedict...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jeriwap(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2018
I wanna process Brandon University! Anyone got idea how I go about it!
Bachelor degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goldbergg: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2018
Please how long does it take university of Saskatchewan to process admission...Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
orobs93:
One thing to note about medical results is that it goes through a proper analysis before it is sent to IRCC.

Hardly would a panel physician proceed with sending medical results if there is anything wrong with you that would make you inadmissible to Canada. If there is a medical condition, the panel physician would advise you, do further test on a later date and ascertain you do not fall short of the test requirements. Also, results of an applicant's medical examination( if a minor condition has been indicated) is further analysed by IRCC medical team usually in Ottawa to establish if a further analysis or test is to be performed again by the panel physician to ensure any situation or condition (as indicated by the initial result) is completed devoid of health issues that would pose a threat to the health and safety of Canadians as well as burden on Canada's health and social services system.

This usually would be carried out before the applicant is deemed inadmissible on health grounds and hence would fail the medical examination. Most often, the applicant would be asked to go for further assessment before it is reached that he/she failed the test.

So once your medical examination appears to have gone well during the test day and you were not asked to return to the hospital on a later date for any reason after you were reached by the hospital, you most likely would pass the test.

Regards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
yinkamic:
Hi @Austinpee4

Please I like to ask a question.. I got a Canadian visiting visa recently, I just got adminssions in a school in canada, do I need to apply for student permit from here before going to canada? Or I just go and apply for it within canada.. or do I go for visiting them come back to Nigeria and them apply for study permit .. Thank you

You will have to apply from Nigeria for your study permit. You may not adequately convince an officer why you are applying for a study permit in Canada with a visiting visa. It usually would be refused for 'current immigration status". You can go for your visiting and when you return you apply for your study permit. It will also clear any doubt of your likelihood to respect the conditions of a temporary resident(Study permit and visiting).

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by COPR: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
kpizzle:

Congrats!

2nd approval with no SOP in 24 hrs. I hope those of us that believe in our "fire-proof" SOP are watching.

SOP is optional. So it is not a big deal if someone's application is approved without it.

A lot of people here are misusing SOP.

SOP can only be used when the applicant has an explanation to make to the VO with regards to his/her application.

For instance, if you sold a land and want to use the money as POF. You need to explain with SOP the lump sum in your acct despite submitting the land docs. If you've a gap in your education, SOP can rescue you on that. You need SOP to explain previous visa denial and how you've addressed the concerns raised.

Dont expect the VO to understand your application when you know that there is little explanation needed. Do that with SOP.

Best of luck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoadefantastic: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
goldbergg:
Please how long does it take university of Saskatchewan to process admission...Thank you

I know of 4weeks. It might take longer in other cases.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
yuloz:
Please can someone answer the following questions for me and my friend?
1. My friend wants to apply for 2 years diploma at a college;how many years of work permit would he get?
2. Also, if he apples for one year masters instead; How many years of work permit, would he get?
3. This question is for me: Please do I need to pay my tuition before coming to Canada, would the Immigration officer ask me that even when the tuition is not due yet. Also would I need to show that I have registered for my classes and what documents does that immigration officer ask at the port of entry? Would I be asked for bank statements?
Thank you. Please anyone with knowledge of these questions should kindly respond?

please ooooh ANYone answer my questions..Na beg I DEy beg
1. Your friend will get 3 years post graduate work permit for a 2 year program while he will get 1 year work permit for a 1 year program.
3. If you have secured your TRV there's no need paying your tuition before entering Canada, you will do that as soon as you land. Immigration most likely will ask why are you in Canada?- (studies), how many years? what's the name of your school?..... You can just print your bank statement or that of your sponsor and carry it along(though it's not important).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It may be necessary to show a bank account only if the company is sponsoring him or he is sponsoring himself as the founder of the company. If an uncle or any other relative is sponsoring him, no bank account from the company is needed. Only CAC certificate and perhaps a tax clearance of the company if he is using it as a tie.

A woman that got her visa recently, generated payslips from her company. I guess she was using that as a tie for a job she is returning to Nigeria for. But her dad is the main sponsor and she presented CAC and bank account of her sponsor, not her company, not even a bank account of herself. You never know what works.

Very correct!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hello House, Please to those that applied through the online route, which embassy address did u put on your SOP/LOE/AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP e.t.c. Is it that of Ghana, Kenya or Nigeria. Please its urgent. About submitting. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hello House,

Can I use my father landed property documents to support my application.

Secondly, if am sponsoring myself ,can I use my patnership company bank statement or my personal acct statement.

Kindly advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
jeriwap:
I wanna process Brandon University! Anyone got idea how I go about it!
Bachelor degree
Yea I just got admission recently at Brandon university for winter January 2019 @ bachelor of business admin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Philomena15: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
Please can someone help me

I just got my CAQ and I am so skeptical about applying for visa. I have an admission at Concordia university for this sept and there's no winter semester for that program. Is it too late to apply for visa owing to the fact that the processing time is now 10weeks?

Also I have checked for universities and colleges for PGD in biochemistry or anything related but I can't seem to find any. I can't really go for masters cos I graduated with HND. Please anyone that has info on anything related to biochemistry PGD should pls help, let me reapply for winter semester. I have searched and searched. What about an advanced diploma what are my chances? I'm also checking my age, I'm 27

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.