Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785514 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hello Phil, I am not so clear about your post but from my understanding, you already had your CAQ, and a masters admission in Concordia University? and because there is no winter term you are planning to get a PGD admission that will enable you to resume in winter term? if am right then, I guess you are taking a wrong step.
First, try and apply for your visa towards this fall term and take note that everyone's application is unique and different approaches are used in accessing individual's application so dont look at the 10weeks processing time and get discouraged. if all your documents are ready please go ahead and apply. if you know you are not that ready then its better to wait than trying to find another PGD admission for winter term. please correct me if am wrong. Cheers
Philomena15:
Please can someone help me

I just got my CAQ and I am so skeptical about applying for visa. I have an admission at Concordia university for this sept and there's no winter semester for that program. Is it too late to apply for visa owing to the fact that the processing time is now 10weeks?

Also I have checked for universities and colleges for PGD in biochemistry or anything related but I can't seem to find any. I can't really go for masters cos I graduated with HND. Please anyone that has info on anything related to biochemistry PGD should pls help, let me reapply for winter semester. I have searched and searched. What about an advanced diploma what are my chances? I'm also checking my age, I'm 27

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fleshly: 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
Please my good people of nairaland I'm in a fix and need rescuing, I want to apply for Canadian visa in August for January session, but problem is that I want an expedited process, I'm thinking of submitting my passport to Ghana or South Africa for processing since I heard they are a lot faster in processing than in Nigeria. Now my problem is that I don't know how to go about it. Does any one here know how the process of submitting passport in Ghana works.

Please I don't mind contacting anyone personally for directions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by egolaye: 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
what graduate schools are still opened for winter in Canada for admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
mcobex:
1. Your friend will get 3 years post graduate work permit for a 2 year program while he will get 1 year work permit for a 1 year program.
3. If you have secured your TRV there's no need paying your tuition before entering Canada, you will do that as soon as you land. Immigration most likely will ask why are you in Canada?- (studies), how many years? what's the name of your school?..... You can just print your bank statement or that of your sponsor and carry it along(though it's not important).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
joywonderment:
please I want to do my masters I'm Canada and I want to be given scholarship how do I go about it, I heard I need GMAT exam. please urgent reply is needed. thanks friends.

GMAT depends on your desired program and anything is possible with your believe.

First start by selecting a course then use it to search for schools doing it.
Scan through the schools website for funding opportunities.
Guidance can always be offered when needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
You are correct. I didn't use my company's account to apply. However, there's alot of things attached to the company she mentioned. Like i said, provided she has what would cover and the money in the account can serve, she's good to go.

Well done Sir!

jnyuwa02:

It may be necessary to show a bank account only if the company is sponsoring him or he is sponsoring himself as the founder of the company. If an uncle or any other relative is sponsoring him, no bank account from the company is needed. Only CAC certificate and perhaps a tax clearance of the company if he is using it as a tie.

A woman that got her visa recently, generated payslips from her company. I guess she was using that as a tie for a job she is returning to Nigeria for. But her dad is the main sponsor and she presented CAC and bank account of her sponsor, not her company, not even a bank account of herself. You never know what works.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Philomena15: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply. It is actually a PGD program, I can apply by Wednesday. I'm only contemplating cos I do not want to get a refusal letter since the resumption date is on 5th Sept
wealth360:
Hello Phil, I am not so clear about your post but from my understanding, you already had your CAQ, and a masters admission in Concordia University? and because there is no winter term you are planning to get a PGD admission that will enable you to resume in winter term? if am right then, I guess you are taking a wrong step.
First, try and apply for your visa towards this fall term and take note that everyone's application is unique and different approaches are used in accessing individual's application so dont look at the 10weeks processing time and get discouraged. if all your documents are ready please go ahead and apply. if you know you are not that ready then its better to wait than trying to find another PGD admission for winter term. please correct me if am wrong. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mbaku86: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
Please do i require a transit visa for Germany. I am flying to Vancouver and there will be a 7 hours layover at Frankfurt? If i would require one please what other alternative airlines can i use without obtaining a Transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by moneyncar(f): 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
harde116:
First, i guess you may want to answer the question, "why not MBA?" as i know you can come from any field to do that, however, that poses more questions as to why Canada for MBA, and would you be willing to spend as much for a program if you find one.

To answer your questions, all the possible ways to answer that you actually run a business appear to have one issue or the other. I'm thinking the only document you have now is the CAC certificate.
You run a business for at least 4years, and you don't have a corporate account, they can conclude it's not existent or it's not a moving business. What is the proof that you have been working in partnership with other companies? Also sounds like tax evasion, you may be able to fix this though, but without an account, not sure.
When you say full time work or company details, is there proof somewhere that shows where money enters? Nothing says he can't present two accounts anyway, provided the money in them would count.

If you generate a payslip, where will you say the money comes from? His personal account again? The chain is quite long and may require so much explanation from you.

Ultimately, no one knows for sure what works, we all hope for the best at the end of the day. If you must go ahead with this application, be ready to explain every of these problems one after the other, because a little gap like this na problem, and then try to add some more to your application that would prove why you would return home after the program.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

Thanks a million for your response. I will work on it then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:35am On Jul 22, 2018
I don't think you need a transit Visa since you are not leaving the airport in Germany..

Mbaku86:
Please do i require a transit visa for Germany. I am flying to Vancouver and there will be a 7 hours layover at Frankfurt? If i would require one please what other alternative airlines can i use without obtaining a Transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 4:33am On Jul 22, 2018
You do not need a transit visa.

Mbaku86:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2018
Hello please how many days does the “Review of Eligibility” take?

Moreover in my application they’re saying that “No Background Check needed” & I have no idea what it means

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2018
makano:
Hello House, Please to those that applied through the online route, which embassy address did u put on your SOP/LOE/AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP e.t.c. Is it that of Ghana, Kenya or Nigeria. Please its urgent. About submitting. Thanks

Mr Makano, do u know where your application will be treated?, I guess your answer is No
So, you address whatever you write to their Lagos address.
Even the bank references we do get is always addressed to their Lagos office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2018
reichwolf:
Hello please how many days does the “Review of Eligibility” take?

Moreover in my application they’re saying that “No Background Check needed” & I have no idea what it means

Good day,

From your application status I may be particular about your biometric, have you applied before and are you using your initial profile to reapply? This is to know if they have started implimenting the ones in 10 years Biometric verification. If not your biometric suppose to be reading complited if you have done a fresh biometric. That may bring us to when actually did you apply because biometric may up to 2 to 3 days to update depending if it's through online or paper route.

The gurus can explain further
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2018
Urgent house!

Please my sister is going for biometric tomorrow at VFS lekki. Does she need to book appointment before going or just walk in?

Urgent plz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dominion76(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2018
GreenMavro:
Good day all, I studied geology first degree, I intend applying for a PGD for one year after which I intend to switch to an MSC in computer science after the PGD, my challenge is will I get a student visa for a PGD program wen I v a 2.1.
Yes, you can get a study visa with work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goldbergg: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
ayoadefantastic:

I know of 4weeks. It might take longer in other cases.

Thank you!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Urgent house!

Please my sister is going for biometric tomorrow at VFS lekki. Does she need to book appointment before going or just walk in?

Urgent plz

Good day,

We would not know if it's via online or paper route .But since she is ready let her go as early as possible .By going early enough she may get it done.

The gurus may advice further.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
Biakwa:

Good day,

From your application status I may be particular about your biometric, have you applied before and are you using your initial profile to reapply? This is to know if they have started implimenting the ones in 10 years Biometric verification. If not your biometric suppose to be reading complited if you have done a fresh biometric. That may bring us to when actually did you apply because biometric may up to 2 to 3 days to update depending if it's through online or paper route.

The gurus can explain further

Thanks for the reply:
Yeah actually I have applied before and was denied. This is my second attempt at the Canada Student Visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yk05: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Urgent house!

Urgent plz

She should go early. No need to book appointment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You are absolutely right, it is vague. Much will depend on how you repackage your application, especially your Sop. Sometimes faced with so many applications and little time to make a decisions, the VOs have generic already prepared statements like this on their computers that just begin to draw from and slap on applicants. If I tell you how many GCMS notes of people I have read with almost the same wordings as yours, you will be amazed. The crux of the matter from what I can tell from the GCMS, is convincing the VO that you will return to Nigeria. Don't do the mistake many applicants make when reapplying, making similar statements like they did before in the previous application. If you have been refused before, when reapplying, your SOP should be a rebuttal of the statements that the VO outlined as reasons for refusal of previous application . After you have done that foremost, then you can go ahead and tackle other things that the Vo didn't mention. Leave no stone untouched.

You can show the VO your bonafides as genuine student by emphasizing your academic strength on your transcript and pointing to other places in the record that compels the belief that you will attend school and not merely using a student permit as a way of facilitating entry to Canada.

You can show that you will return to Nigeria by presenting strong family ties. It is not enough to submit a marriage certificate and birth certificate of your children. You must talk about the close knit and loving family you have and how going to Canada would be hard on the family. Anyone can have a family, but it takes a person of character to take family seriously.

You can also show other ties that bind you to your home. Property and investment and job prospects. Take an extra step if you have property, to follow through with the valuation of the land by a registered quantity surveyor, including a detailed plan of the property. Don't just present the property documents. Talk about how you stand to be a beneficiary of the property or investment if its not in your name. Include pay slips and show that your job prospects back to Nigeria are great by what you would study if you don't have a job yet.

Give details of your planned program and how it would translate back to Nigeria on return. Talk about why you decided to study abroad and not Nigeria. Reasons like a foreign education is highly respected in Nigeria in themselves, hardly pass. Show how such respect for a foreign degree in Nigeria applies personally to you and what you intend to do for Nigeria.

Admitting weakness or showing remorse is very powerful in a SOP. It makes you credible before a VO.

Keep everything concise, straight and to the point. Don't start giving away answers or voluntarily revealing information that was never asked from you. Your evidence assembled should do a majority of the talking for you. Good luck reapplying again. One denial is never fatal to an application if the right steps are followed in tackling previous refusal.

My five cents.

Very insightful.

Starred

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
reichwolf:

Thanks for the reply:
Yeah actually I have applied before and was denied. This is my second attempt at the Canada Student Visa.

Good day,

It may actually mean you fall under the ones in every 10years biometric verification. This Will bring us to when actually was your first application to your second application.
Now did you use the former application profile.

The gurus will advise further
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fleshly: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fleshly:
Please my good people of nairaland I'm in a fix and need rescuing, I want to apply for Canadian visa in August for January session, but problem is that I want an expedited process, I'm thinking of submitting my passport to Ghana or South Africa for processing since I heard they are a lot faster in processing than in Nigeria. Now my problem is that I don't know how to go about it. Does any one here know how the process of submitting passport in Ghana works.

Please I don't mind contacting anyone personally for directions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You are absolutely right, it is vague. Much will depend on how you repackage your application, especially your Sop. Sometimes faced with so many applications and little time to make a decisions, the VOs have generic already prepared statements like this on their computers that just begin to draw from and slap on applicants. If I tell you how many GCMS notes of people I have read with almost the same wordings as yours, you will be amazed. The crux of the matter from what I can tell from the GCMS, is convincing the VO that you will return to Nigeria. Don't do the mistake many applicants make when reapplying, making similar statements like they did before in the previous application. If you have been refused before, when reapplying, your SOP should be a rebuttal of the statements that the VO outlined as reasons for refusal of previous application . After you have done that foremost, then you can go ahead and tackle other things that the Vo didn't mention. Leave no stone untouched.

You can show the VO your bonafides as genuine student by emphasizing your academic strength on your transcript and pointing to other places in the record that compels the belief that you will attend school and not merely using a student permit as a way of facilitating entry to Canada.

You can show that you will return to Nigeria by presenting strong family ties. It is not enough to submit a marriage certificate and birth certificate of your children. You must talk about the close knit and loving family you have and how going to Canada would be hard on the family. Anyone can have a family, but it takes a person of character to take family seriously.

You can also show other ties that bind you to your home. Property and investment and job prospects. Take an extra step if you have property, to follow through with the valuation of the land by a registered quantity surveyor, including a detailed plan of the property. Don't just present the property documents. Talk about how you stand to be a beneficiary of the property or investment if its not in your name. Include pay slips and show that your job prospects back to Nigeria are great by what you would study if you don't have a job yet.

Give details of your planned program and how it would translate back to Nigeria on return. Talk about why you decided to study abroad and not Nigeria. Reasons like a foreign education is highly respected in Nigeria in themselves, hardly pass. Show how such respect for a foreign degree in Nigeria applies personally to you and what you intend to do for Nigeria.

Admitting weakness or showing remorse is very powerful in a SOP. It makes you credible before a VO.

Keep everything concise, straight and to the point. Don't start giving away answers or voluntarily revealing information that was never asked from you. Your evidence assembled should do a majority of the talking for you. Good luck reapplying again. One denial is never fatal to an application if the right steps are followed in tackling previous refusal.

My five cents.

very insightful!

starred

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
alftdbts:
Goodmrn could someone help lay my concerns to rest. I submitted my online application last week and I accidentally skipped the correspondence from my Uni that ask me not to pay tuition until arrival because they have no refund policy in existence so it's money to thin air if outcome is negative and also my student transcript won't come out from the school called University of Ibadan after like 4months, (such an amazing school). But every other docs were intact, does this really affect ones chance?. Though I know visa approvals in our Naija lately has bin by grace

hey bro...

why is it going to take your school 4months to release your transcript?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
Biakwa:

Good day,

We would not know if it's via online or paper route .But since she is ready let her go as early as possible .By going early enough she may get it done.

The gurus may advice further.
@NeyofeedNigEnt, No your sister doesn't need to book an appointment for biometrics. Did mine 2 weeks ago and got to VFS around 11 am and left there before 3pm.
@Biakwa, the application is obviously online as paper routes applicants do their biometrics when submitting same day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Biakwa:

Good day,

It may actually mean you fall under the ones in every 10years biometric verification. This Will bring us to when actually was your first application to your second application.
Now did you use the former application profile.

The gurus will advise further

I applied last November 2017 & was denied. I am using the same GCKey account to apply again this second time with a better drafted SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Olayemudia:
Approval!!!

Applied: 22/04/2018
Sent emails: 09/07/2018
Passed Medical (upfront): 10/07/2018 (9am)
Approved/Passport request: 10/07/2018 (11am)
Submitted Passport: 11/07/2018
Correspondence Letter: 18/07/2018
Retrieved passport via UPS: 19/07/2018

Online route
University of Manitoba
PhD Mechanical Engineering
IGSES award of 5400CAD
Research and Teaching Assistance from supervisor (amount will definitely cover tuition and living expenses)
Resumption date: September 2018

SUBMITTED
Excluding the IMM documents, I submitted
1. Proof of Means of Financial Support
a. A brief note on my source of income and a table of content showing the following:
I. Letter of the offer of Research and Teaching Assistance from supervisor.
II. Offer letter showing the award of 5400CAD
III. Letter of financial assistance from Uncle with his Bank statements and letter of introduction from his employer.
IV. Letter of assistance and treasury bill of mother.
V. Letter of introduction from Bank and six months bank statement
VI. Letter of introduction from employer
VII. Six months pay slip showing pension amount
VIII. Will of late father (asterisked where my name appeared)
IX. Death certificate of late father
X. Front page of deed of land transfer to me.

2. DID NOT SUBMIT ANY OTHER DOCUMENT like police certificate, statement of purpose, birth certificate, masters and bachelors degree certificates (distinction and first class respectively), no transcript, no NYSC etc.
The no supporting documents got me scared because I got to see this thread after submitting, but I fired on with prayers.
Many thanks to hardy116.
Cheers!

Congrats sis

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Jephehe:
Forumite,

Rejoice with me as my Jehovah God has actualize the meaning of my name :Jephthah meaning May God open, God has Opened.

It's was uber fast application after first denial of pgc 1year program

Applied 5th April 2018 in Lagos
Denied 30th April 2018
Reasons-
1. Insufficient financial resources( sponsored) with 30m
2. Travelling history (visited UK, US and Canada{ with valid US Canada Visa})
3. Purpose of visit

Ordered for GCMS note April 30th
GCMS received May 29th
Reviewed with Frankrobbn1 till June 11th

Second application
Self sponsored
Applied June 11, 2018
Medical call June 28th, 2018
Did medical June 29, 2018.
Passed medical July 6th, 2018.
Bought ticket July 12th 2018
Approval / correspondence letter 19th July 2018
Accommodation on the way.

Never be discouraged cic are humans.

1 year program is a sure thing never be discouraged with I hear say talks.

Showing Ontario on Aug 31st with my family.

Thanks to Jehovah God my Rock

Congrats bro

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
aybee4991:
I have been waiting to share my testimony on this forum since April the 30th when I applied.
Paper submission at Abuja VFS on 30th April, 2018.
Medical call on May 25th, 2018.
Medicals done at Abuja Clinics on May 28th, 2018.
Medicals passed on June 19th, 2018.(It took Abuja clinics two weeks to submit my results, so you should not use them if you're in a hurry)
I linked my application online and when i checked today, my final decision is showing 'application approved'.
Up until yesterday background check and eligibility were still under review.

Documents submitted:
Admission letter to the University of Victoria, MSc Electrical Engineering
Transcript, Frist Class Honours, Elect.Elect Engineering Covenant University
Bank statements of mum and dad
Dads employement letter-GM in NHIS
Mums employment letter-Acting DM in NNPC
Travel history to Dubai, USA, and the UK.
No valid foreign visa(all expired last year)
3 landed documents
Police certificate
NYSC certificate
No SOP

For all those still waiting for their TRV to be approved, delay isn't a denial.

congrats brov

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
COPR:

SOP is optional. So it is not a big deal if someone's application is approved without it.

A lot of people here are misusing SOP.

SOP can only be used when the applicant has an explanation to make to the VO with regards to his/her application.

For instance, if you sold a land and want to use the money as POF. You need to explain with SOP the lump sum in your acct despite submitting the land docs. If you've a gap in your education, SOP can rescue you on that. You need SOP to explain previous visa denial and how you've addressed the concerns raised.

Dont expect the VO to understand your application when you know that there is little explanation needed. Do that with SOP.

Best of luck.

Another perspective!

i think the challenge would be identifying which aspect of your application you feel would be obscure to the VO, hence needing further explanation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
MeinKampf:

@NeyofeedNigEnt, No your sister doesn't need to book an appointment for biometrics. Did mine 2 weeks ago and got to VFS around 11 am and left there before 3pm.
@Biakwa, the application is obviously online as paper routes applicants do their biometrics when submitting same day

Thank you so much. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.