Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795450 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good evening all, please do you know anyone who got visa from choosing a 2 years postsecondary diploma (under graduate) in a college but already completed bachelors?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
Dera12345:
Good evening all, please do you know anyone who got visa from choosing a 2 years postsecondary diploma (under graduate) in a college but already completed bachelors?

That’s quite hard because you’re easily going to get denied for “Purpose of Visit” reasons. Even people going for a second Masters Degree in Canada get denied easily except they can really prove they’re genuine in their Statement of Purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please house how many days on average does it take the Medicals to reach the CIC Visa Officers?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BayourC: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
Newman1010:

@BayourC, I'm really sorry your application got refused. I'm sure you will be asking yourself if these people that got their VISAs on the first or second attempt did anything special. They did nothing special my brother, they only presented a good application and also had grace. Most importantly, it was their time. We all have different times and never should you compare yourself to others. It really hurts, I was there more than twice. So cry if you want to but allow yourself to heal. Take a break from nairaland if need be and relax. Review the documents you submitted for the previous applications and check them against why your application was refused. I'm sure you don't want to miss out on this great place because Canada is a great place to be. Victorious people don't just quit, they keep striving till they win. A lot of people were denied twice, thrice etc. I know of someone that was denied six times. He never gave up. He is currently in Canada and will be getting his PR after getting his masters.

A lot of people have is easy in life while some others have to really work hard to achieve greatness. But a wise man ones said that "Ease is a greater threat to progress than Hardship". If you fall down two times, get up the third time and if you fall again, get up the fourth time. Keep moving till you get there. One question you should ask yourself is where do you want to be in the next 5 to10 years? Do you think you can achieve your dreams in Nigeria? if your answer is yes, my brother your a free to move on but if the answer is no, you have to try again.

If you have a BSC and good work experience please avoid PGD/PGC, it's a red flag. Try get a masters admission

Wish you the very best. This is for everyone that have been denial TRV, it will surely end in praise.

Regards
. @Newman1010 Thanks! I really appreciate your time writing those words of motivation to me and others that got denied. I don’t think the VO’s check the application right but who am I to question them. I paid tuition for a year and I’ve been to 8 countries which I never extended my stay for once. That should be enough reason to know I won’t stay back after studies in canada lol. God knows best. Will follow your advice and reapply in January. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
ok thanks for the info. I am going there on Thursday. Please update us when your medicals has changed to passed.
mightyola:
Got there 7:45, though they wont start till 8am, left there around 1pm

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dinho10(m): 7:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hello good people....please I have a question, can I apply for undergraduate program in Canada university which is 4 years program after already had one here in Nigeria b4?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
@Dera12345 dear dont compare your application with another's.....Gods Grace upon your life can greatly differ from another persons grace. You can go ahead and apply with a solid application and write a very convincing SOP to the VO to proof your true intensions as per been a genuine student. At the end of it all God alone has the final say over a person's fate in life and successes if he really approves it to be your time and not a canadian VO. Keep up your faith and Pray to God. God bless you dear.

Dera12345:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nattyvino84: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
Any update regarding your application. ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
Have you booked an appointment??

amozag2018:
ok thanks for the info. I am going there on Thursday. Please update us when your medicals has changed to passed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ronaldinho. Why not Masters, why another undergrad ?
dinho10:
Hello good people....please I have a question, can I apply for undergraduate program in Canada university which is 4 years program after already had one here in Nigeria b4?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good evening
Please I also want to submit my medicals along with the fees payment. This is because Abuja clinics has been having issues with their network in uploading medical results on CIC platform.
Any recommendations, please I’m open to more suggestions. Thanks.

Lotusboi:
Good Afternoon Fellows.
I am thinking of paying my fees and sending the receipt to CIC through Webform. Is that okay?
I’m saying this because my initial application was delayed because of insufficient funds, and when I reapplied I couldn’t pay the fees my course registration portal opens which was 3rd July. Now my sponsor has money in his account and from the gcms the VO wasn’t so sure about the availability of funds for school fees payment. So I want to pay the fees now because the deadline for payment is 25th of August and I was thinking of waiting for the visa to be out before paying.
Any suggestions? Attorneys, Gurus and Elders please I need your recommendations. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
@Dera12345 dear dont compare your application with another's.....Gods Grace upon your life can greatly differ from another persons grace. You can go ahead and apply with a solid application and write a very convincing SOP to the VO to proof your true intensions as per been a genuine student. At the end of it all God alone has the final say over a person's fate in life and successes if he really approves it to be your time and not a canadian VO. Keep up your faith and Pray to God. God bless you dear.

Thanks my dear, I really appreciate.
God bless you too...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dinho10(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
Asapant:
Ronaldinho. Why not Masters, why another undergrad ?
U know by applying for undergraduate thats 4 years visa...do I have chance of getting the permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omolorlarh: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
blaugrana82:
why not apply to USASK?. Tuition fee is cheaper and the application process isn't that tedious. Most times they'll only charge for application fees when it's almost certain you'll be offered. You'll just have to fill the Pre-qualification form before you'll be given the go ahead to apply if you meet up. All the best

Hmmm... For all courses? usask admission process for agric department get as it be o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hello I know more than 5, don't compare your application with others. Pray for God's grace but you need to convince the VO with a good SOP.

Dera12345:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
HEllo house, VFS just text me that my processed passport has be dispatched from the Canada visa center Abuja.. and unfortunately I checked my online cic account and found out that my eligible review is still saying we still reviewing wether you meet the requirement, and background check still running.. please has anyone experienced this before..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ogedadiva: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please can someone help me out! Thanks

Ogedadiva:
Please house, another question please, is there any possible short cut to check application when linked online... I mean, if I want to check my present status, can I do that without going through linking application route and filling my birth of date,resumption and finishing of programme timeline......thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Yes I have
chisiudeh:
Have you booked an appointment??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
kingfintan:
HEllo house, VFS just text me that my processed passport has be dispatched from the Canada visa center Abuja.. and unfortunately I checked my online cic account and found out that my eligible review is still saying we still reviewing wether you meet the requirement, and background check still running.. please has anyone experienced this before..

Did you do an upfront medical ?if yes, hope for the best but if no it might be a refusal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
blaugrana82:
why not apply to USASK?. Tuition fee is cheaper and the application process isn't that tedious. Most times they'll only charge for application fees when it's almost certain you'll be offered. You'll just have to fill the Pre-qualification form before you'll be given the go ahead to apply if you meet up. All the best
Wow. Thanks so much. Doing that right away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
kingfintan:

If you didn't do medicals upfront and you probably used paper route, I'm afraid it may not be good news.

You didn't give sufficient info so folks here may not be able to guide you out of fear of misleading you.

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks.

I will explore your idea of looking at another course but i have been working as a manager for the past 4 years and my experience and qualification is suitable for admission in Management Science. I want you understand that Management Science is total different to the ordinary management courses. This course is as expensive as an MBA and it is very technical and science oriented.

canadabyfire:

I am not a guru, however, going through the GCMS note for your first delay and the generic reason for the 2nd delay; i think the VO's concern is your having 2.1 in computer Science and seeking to go to Canada for Masters in Management Science..................Its a known fact that in the world we live in today, information technology is the "in thing".....So why would someone who has a good grade in an undergraduate course like Computer science that is so lucrative not a pursue further qualification in that lucrative course?....the VO has no right to choose a course of study for you, but the VO has a right to refuse the application.

Yes, you have worked for 10 years in 2 international organisations, the role (Marketing, customer service, Admin, Finance, etc)you worked in these organisations also matters in relation to your choice for Masters in Management Science ..............We must proof to the VO beyond every reasonable doubt, that we are not just picking cheap courses as an escape from Nigeria into Canada.

You might choose to change choice of course, or put in plenty effort in explaining to the VO why you would prefer to spend plenty millions in Canada to obtain MSC in Management when you can get it for a few hundreds of thousands in Nigeria.

Best wishes in your next move.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good Afternoon House,

Please is it possible to defer an admission after visa approval.

For instance. Visa approved in say October or November 2018 and Program starts in January 2019

Can one write to the school to defer the admission till May 2019 due to some personal reason.

Your kind contributions will be appreciated based on previous experience.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sontelme: 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Any May applicant still waiting?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
Lotusboi:
Good evening
Please I also want to submit my medicals along with the fees payment. This is because Abuja clinics has been having issues with their network in uploading medical results on CIC platform.
Any recommendations, please I’m open to more suggestions. Thanks.

This is just my opinion but you're seemingly sounding desperate now. You didn't pay your fees before applying and didn't do medicals as well but now want to add it midway through. Can you see how it looks?

Let the gurus comment too!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
kingfintan:

Sorry for the delay,

But you may share more details on your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Famzyactivity:

Did you do an upfront medical ?if yes, hope for the best but if no it might be a refusal
I did upfront medicals, and it was passed in he first week.. my eligibility started 3 days ago..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
galala123:

If you didn't do medicals upfront and you probably used paper route, I'm afraid it may not be good news.

You didn't give sufficient info so folks here may not be able to guide you out of fear of misleading you.

Best wishes.

I did upfront medicals and it was passed wishin 10 days.. I Applied 16th July at Abuja. Paper route.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Biakwa:

Sorry for the delay,

But you may share more details on your profile

Please don’t wish me bad, as I don’t know if I was delayed or approved.. please check what I wrote again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
kingfintan:

I did upfront medicals, and it was passed in he first week.. my eligibility started 3 days ago..
With the experience of some applicant last month your application was approved. Congratulations

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.