Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786148 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2018
You can mail it to their office in UK and update your address or simply ask a friend to submit and collect for you.

Naijaforeigner:

Boss, my BP can never go high just that my case is peculiar and I am praying to God for a decision before Monday next week. My UK student visa expires on the 21st. When I get my Canada application approved, I still need to submit my passport to VFS and get it back before 21st (it could take about a week to get passport stamped. I need to leave uk on or before 21st or I would be banned from UK.

Another alternative is to renew my UK visa via masters route (already have masters admission in UK) but I have to pay a non refundable deposit of £3,500 for school fees + £150 (iHS fees) + application fee. if I take this route, UKVI would be with my passport for 15 days or I apply for priority (5 days, cost about £500 upwards) or same day visa processing (premium service) which costs about £700. If I decide to take this route and my Canada application gets approved, I would have given UK almost 2M free.

So the question on my mind all week has been , should I pack my load from UK with faith believing I will get the Canada visa or I renew my UK visa with almost 2M?

Even if I apply faith, pack my load and leave UK, I still need to submit my passport when my Canada application is approved. How will I send my passport over from Nigeria to UK and then to VFS and then collect it back (I have to physically collect it or authorise someone to do this)? Canada school resumes sept 4th.

I wish I can take these guys to court, processing time says 1 week from UK, now I am stuck. It is 5 weeks already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2018
@dubaiboy1

Stop dropping 3rd party link here

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2018
Nice piece Newman, but to the bolded , what if someone finished with a BSC nd work experience buh with a 2:2, and we all know how it's difficult to get Masters in Canada with this grade. Will you advise such person not to apply just because PGD is a red flag. If everybody finishes with a good grade, almost eveybody will go for a Masters. We have so many peeps here getting theirTRV with this same PGD u calling a red flag.. Let's not discourage the PGD applicants here. The fastest TRV I have seen so far on this thread was given in 20 days and guess what,it was a PGD. The best anybody can do is to prepare a tight application nd pray for God's favour, PGD or no PGD.Best wishes
Newman1010:

@BayourC, I'm really sorry your application got refused. I'm sure you will be asking yourself if these people that got their VISAs on the first or second attempt did anything special. They did nothing special my brother, they only presented a good application and also had grace. Most importantly, it was their time. We all have different times and never should you compare yourself to others. It really hurts, I was there more than twice. So cry if you want to but allow yourself to heal. Take a break from nairaland if need be and relax. Review the documents you submitted for the previous applications and check them against why your application was refused. I'm sure you don't want to miss out on this great place because Canada is a great place to be. Victorious people don't just quit, they keep striving till they win. A lot of people were denied twice, thrice etc. I know of someone that was denied six times. He never gave up. He is currently in Canada and will be getting his PR after getting his masters.

A lot of people have is easy in life while some others have to really work hard to achieve greatness. But a wise man ones said that "Ease is a greater threat to progress than Hardship". If you fall down two times, get up the third time and if you fall again, get up the fourth time. Keep moving till you get there. One question you should ask yourself is where do you want to be in the next 5 to10 years? Do you think you can achieve your dreams in Nigeria? if your answer is yes, my brother your a free to move on but if the answer is no, you have to try again.

If you have a BSC and good work experience please avoid PGD/PGC, it's a red flag. Try get a masters admission

Wish you the very best. This is for everyone that have been denial TRV, it will surely end in praise.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dollyptosh(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Olayemudia:
You can mail it to their office in UK and update your address or simply ask a friend to submit and collect for you.

Bro, please do check your dm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2018
I'm tired guys. I really am. I think someone should start a thread on Canadian graduate applications and guidelines. I applied to Manitoba through an agent and the idiot has refuses to release my application username and PW so I dont even know if I was accepted or rejected.

Trying to take my L in peace and move on but the stress to find another school, another masters program, application fees and all that is just weighing me down walahi.
It will end in praise sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2018
Carlz1:
Good morning
I applied via paper route on July 27th and linked my application online. As at yesterday, my profile status was showing submitted but I just logged in now as it’s showing application/profile updated. I checked to see if there’s any changes but I’m not sure if there’s any change. Any idea what it means?
The update will drop soon, it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2018
Aphrikanna:
I'm tired guys. I really am. I think someone should start a thread on Canadian graduate applications and guidelines. I applied to Manitoba through an agent and the idiot has refuses to release my application username and PW so I dont even know if I was accepted or rejected.

Trying to take my L in peace and move on but the stress to find another school, another masters program, application fees and all that is just weighing me down walahi.
Did you pay him for his service? what's your arrangement with him(admission and visa)? is your admission letter out? The country is hard now so once you contact any agency about Canadian visa they will make you believe that the one they processed last month is out. Do it yourself and forget about the agent if you haven't paid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Did you pay him for his service? what's your arrangement with him(admission and visa)? is your admission letter out? The country is hard now so once you contact any agency about Canadian visa they will make you believe that the one they processed last month is out. Do it yourself and forget about the agent if you haven't paid.
Just admissions and I gave him part payment hoping when the admission comes out, if complete it. Now the guy is just being difficult and I dont know what to do. I'm feeling maybe the admission didn't work out and he's trying to dodge or something. But isn't telling me the status of the admission an easier way to go?
Maybe I should just start contacting other potential supervisors for graduate school next year Sept just in case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2018
Aphrikanna:

Just admissions and I gave him part payment hoping when the admission comes out, if complete it. Now the guy is just being difficult and I dont know what to do. I'm feeling maybe the admission didn't work out and he's trying to dodge or something. But isn't telling me the status of the admission an easier way to go?
Maybe I should just start contacting other potential supervisors for graduate school next year Sept just in case
It's better that way, wish you success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2018
Uni of ottawa just dey do me strongthing. Almost a month I never hear anything. Anyways. I wish maself the very best on my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 11:08am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello guys I hope we all get our TRVs soon.
Just asking; Is getting a call to do your medicals some time after submitting an online application a good sign of getting the Canadian student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello Gurus,

I have 10 yrs study gap and have been refused twice. I have applied for GCMS note after my 2nd refusal and i am still waiting for it. The summary reason for refusal is 1) purpose of visit 2) travel history

it is obvious am refused based on my huge study gap. And i already know that a strong SOP should be able to tackle it.

I need suggestion and sensitization from people with knowledge or history of tackling study gap for over 5 yrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
@justwise .. 3rd party ?

justwise:
@dubaiboy1

Stop dropping 3rd party link here

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
I'm very much interested in this "Study Gap" topic .. Gurus in the house .. Any ideas ?

kpizzle:
Hello Gurus,

I have 10 yrs study gap and have been refused twice. I have applied for GCMS note after my 2nd refusal and i am still waiting for it. The summary reason for refusal is 1) purpose of visit 2) travel history

it is obvious am refused based on my huge study gap. And i already know that a strong SOP should be able to tackle it.

I need suggestion and sensitization from people with knowledge or history of tackling study gap for over 5 yrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
kpizzle:
Hello Gurus,

What did you do within that period? What's your highest qualification? and what is your intended program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
reichwolf:
Hello guys I hope we all get our TRVs soon.
Just asking; Is getting a call to do your medicals some time after submitting an online application a good sign of getting the Canadian student visa?

Hello;

Yea, it is a good sign but not a certainty the person will get the trv. Put in mind that people still get denied after medical mail. The thing is, you have moved a step further as people sometimes get rejected without receiving the medical mail.

Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
kpizzle:
Hello Gurus,

To add to what mcobex said, is your intended programme related to your previous programme of study in your home country and how your current work experience is related to the program you're going for in Canada. .

Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
kpizzle:
Hello Gurus,

You can put your study years, any training, volunteer work and employment history for the past 10 years. How old are you and what have you been doing that is related to your course of study. But you have to continue with the story on your first application because the record is already there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omolorlarh: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Aphrikanna:

It is better you start checking for other schools.
Make sure you do it yourself and seek help here whenever you need one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ogedadiva: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please pardon my ignorance, I linked my paper application to my online account... It looks the same with every other people's own I see here. How do one understudy the progress, when will one know whether they have move from one point to the other... I tried wrapping my head around it but seems not to get it... Thank you all...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
When did u apply? and was it paper route or Online? It seems you will hear from them soon, cos a VO is presently reviewing ur application. best of luck
Ogedadiva:
Please pardon my ignorance, I linked my paper application to my online account... It looks the same with every other people's own I see here. How do one understudy the progress, when will one know whether they have move from one point to the other... I tried wrapping my head around it but seems not to get it... Thank you all...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
Remember this yesterday. Today it shows medical passed. Hurray!!! It will sure end in praise.

geotherm:
I helped my friend applied June 22 (online). He did biometric on 25th. But since medical request was not forthcoming I encouraged him to do an upfront medical. He did it on Monday, we uploaded the medical sheet same day. Today I saw an update [/b]"Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"[b]. Hopefully it ends in praise. He called the children's practice today they told him to call back tomorrow evening to confirm if the results had been uploaded from their end. I wrote a short note on reason why he decided to do medical.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
omolorlarh:

It is better you start checking for other schools.
Make sure you do it yourself and seek help here whenever you need one.
Thanks a lot. Will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by EKUNDAYONLINE: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
This is a good forum, please my concerns is the tuition the for the shools, quite expensive. do you have to pay instantly before you can be granted visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
Lagos2canna:

It's better that way, wish you success
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
1) BSC in computer science
2) have been working since I left school no single layoff or no work period.
3) worked in related field (telecoms)
4) applied for masters in management science.
Requirement is basically maths and stat

I mentioned that "purpose is visit" is the problem. Finance is fine, progression is fine, work opportunity is fine, home tie is fine. Etc.

Lagos2canna:

You can put your study years, any training, volunteer work and employment history for the past 10 years. How old are you and what have you been doing that is related to your course of study. But you have to continue with the story on your first application because the record is already there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Many peeps here have gotten their Visas without paying a dime for school fees . Hope that answers ur question. Buh its ur choice if u wanna pay, theirs no harm in doing so..
EKUNDAYONLINE:
This is a good forum, please my concerns is the tuition the for the shools, quite expensive. do you have to pay instantly before you can be granted visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ogedadiva: 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thank you very much for your reply.
I applied middle of last month, it was paper route.
That's exactly my challenge, how did you differentiate when VO is reviewing the application from other points noted there... Please, I just want to know how you guys check up on the application... Please pardon me... Thanks everyone
Cc. Makano
Frank
Justwise
Nyuwa ,everybody please... Thanks
makano:
When did u apply? and was it paper route or Online? It seems you will hear from them soon, cos a VO is presently reviewing ur application. best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
What does it take to apply for masters admission? Is it not a matter of uploading some documents and paying a fee?

You should be able to get reference letters from your undergraduate lecturers and draft a statement of purpose (if required).

I hate paying for what I can do myself.

Aphrikanna:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
EKUNDAYONLINE:
That's one of the requirements you check before applying to any school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Just show proof that you can fund your tuition and living expenses. You can always call their graduate school for help. I did that a lot!

EKUNDAYONLINE:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
geotherm:
Remember this yesterday. Today it shows medical passed. Hurray!!! It will sure end in praise.

Boss, has eligibility review for the applicant started ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.