Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,385 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791401 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good Afternoon House,

Please is it possible to defer an admission after visa approval.

For instance. Visa approved in say October or November 2018 and Program starts in January 2019

Can one write to the school to defer the admission till May 2019 due to some personal reason.

Your kind contributions will be appreciated based on previous experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
I answered this question yesterday that it started few days (3-5) after biometric and simultaneous with background check, up till now. Final decision shows "
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

phemmisky:

Boss, has eligibility review for the applicant started ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
Background Check : The Embassy will verify criminal, security and/or other background information to make sure you are admissible to Canada.
Review of Eligibility: They review your complete application to make sure that you are eligible for the program you applied for.

After you have passed this, A medical request will be sent to you, if passed, Your passport will be requested for. After which your TRV will be issued to you. Senior Men in the House can add to this tho.
Ogedadiva:
Thank you very much for your reply.
I applied middle of last month, it was paper route.
That's exactly my challenge, how did you differentiate when VO is reviewing the application from other points noted there... Please, I just want to know how you guys check up on the application... Please pardon me... Thanks everyone
Cc. Makano
Frank
Justwise
Nyuwa ,everybody please... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
EKUNDAYONLINE:
This is a good forum, please my concerns is the tuition the for the shools, quite expensive. do you have to pay instantly before you can be granted visa.

I am of the opinion that quality education is not cheap as demonstrated by different study abroad destinations, even averagely by our private universities .
It isn’t compulsory to make payment before getting a visa but recommended most times.
My advice to you is use cheap schools as your search query and work towards gettting funded .

Success!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
I am not a guru, however, going through the GCMS note for your first delay and the generic reason for the 2nd delay; i think the VO's concern is your having 2.1 in computer Science and seeking to go to Canada for Masters in Management Science..................Its a known fact that in the world we live in today, information technology is the "in thing".....So why would someone who has a good grade in an undergraduate course like Computer science that is so lucrative not a pursue further qualification in that lucrative course?....the VO has no right to choose a course of study for you, but the VO has a right to refuse the application.

Yes, you have worked for 10 years in 2 international organisations, the role (Marketing, customer service, Admin, Finance, etc)you worked in these organisations also matters in relation to your choice for Masters in Management Science ..............We must proof to the VO beyond every reasonable doubt, that we are not just picking cheap courses as an escape from Nigeria into Canada.

You might choose to change choice of course, or put in plenty effort in explaining to the VO why you would prefer to spend plenty millions in Canada to obtain MSC in Management when you can get it for a few hundreds of thousands in Nigeria.

Best wishes in your next move.

kpizzle:
Hello Gurus,

I have 10 yrs study gap and have been refused twice. I have applied for GCMS note after my 2nd refusal and i am still waiting for it. The summary reason for refusal is 1) purpose of visit 2) travel history

it is obvious am refused based on my huge study gap. And i already know that a strong SOP should be able to tackle it.

I need suggestion and sensitization from people with knowledge or history of tackling study gap for over 5 yrs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by benefits0220(m): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hello gurus,
I tried linking my paper application with my online account and it shows no result found after inputting necessary details: Below are the details:
Family name, Given name and date of birth
Passport number
Country / territory of issue
Issue date
Expiry date
When does the applicant's program start?
When does the applicant's program end?
DLI Number.
What could have happened? My application has been long overdue and it says still in process on VFS website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
kpizzle:

1) BSC in computer science
2) have been working since I left school no single layoff or no work period.
3) worked in related field (telecoms)
4) applied for masters in management science.
Requirement is basically maths and stat

I mentioned that "purpose is visit" is the problem. Finance is fine, progression is fine, work opportunity is fine, home tie is fine. Etc.

Since you have been working then you have no gap. Try to get masters admission for computer science or something related to it or try to prove to the vo how computer science is related to management science (though it will be hard to do).
You will have a better chance if you go for something related to counter science (since that's what you studied and practicing at the moment). Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
mightyola:
My current status also changed from submitted to updated .... also , my eligibility has changed to ... we are currently ' reviewing' ur eligibility.

Mighty,

Any updates?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
geotherm:
I helped my friend applied June 22 (online). He did biometric on 25th. But since medical request was not forthcoming I encouraged him to do an upfront medical. He did it on Monday, we uploaded the medical sheet same day. Today I saw an update [/b]"Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"[b]. Hopefully it ends in praise. He called the children's practice today they told him to call back tomorrow evening to confirm if the results had been uploaded from their end. I wrote a short note on reason why he decided to do medical.

Dear Geotherm,

Please can you help with the tune of the short note sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
please June online applicants any update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
annmmesoma:

No update.
June 29th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Non 6th June
annmmesoma:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
annmmesoma:

Did you witness any updates on your eligibility review lately?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aphrikanna: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Olayemudia:
What does it take to apply for masters admission? Is it not a matter of uploading some documents and paying a fee?

You should be able to get reference letters from your undergraduate lecturers and draft a statement of purpose (if required).

I hate paying for what I can do myself.

For my course of study, I need supervisors before I can even begin applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by IbrahimITNS: 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
June 15.
No update yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
[quote author=Biakwa post=70161913]
Did you witness any updates on your eligibility review lately? [/quote
No update at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
No, no update. Still the same. Did my medicals today tho.

Biakwa:

Mighty,

Any updates?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
June 3rd. No update

annmmesoma:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
In uploading the medical report(Submitted my app already) using the IRCC Webform "Choose the visa office processing your application" ?. I am not sure which of the processing office to choose. Any help!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
mightyola:

Has anything changed on your status again, what was the process for the medical, how much and what is my faith if I go very early in the morning.
Did you use children practice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nothing has changed yet on my app
Children Practice
I Called and book an appointment

Take cash =N= 28,050. Go early too, if you don't choose to call in for appointment.

xray,urine,blood, eye test and some random questions.

Biakwa:

Has anything changed on your status again, what was the process for the medical, how much and what is my faith if I go very early in the morning.
Did you use children practice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ogedadiva: 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
Alright, thanks for the effort to explain... I appreciate

makano:
Background Check : The Embassy will verify criminal, security and/or other background information to make sure you are admissible to Canada.
Review of Eligibility: They review your complete application to make sure that you are eligible for the program you applied for.

After you have passed this, A medical request will be sent to you, if passed, Your passport will be requested for. After which your TRV will be issued to you. Senior Men in the House can add to this tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ogedadiva: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please house, another question please, is there any possible short cut to check application when linked online... I mean, if I want to check my present status, can I do that without going through linking application route and filling my birth of date,resumption and finishing of programme timeline......thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Aphrikanna:
I'm tired guys. I really am. I think someone should start a thread on Canadian graduate applications and guidelines. I applied to Manitoba through an agent and the idiot has refuses to release my application username and PW so I dont even know if I was accepted or rejected.

Trying to take my L in peace and move on but the stress to find another school, another masters program, application fees and all that is just weighing me down walahi.
It will end in praise sha
why not apply to USASK?. Tuition fee is cheaper and the application process isn't that tedious. Most times they'll only charge for application fees when it's almost certain you'll be offered. You'll just have to fill the Pre-qualification form before you'll be given the go ahead to apply if you meet up. All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please I need an answer!!!

mightyola:
In uploading the medical report(Submitted my app already) using the IRCC Webform "Choose the visa office processing your application" ?. I am not sure which of the processing office to choose. Any help!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Canibude: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
benefits0220:
Hello gurus,
I tried linking my paper application with my online account and it shows no result found after inputting necessary details: Below are the details:
Family name, Given name and date of birth
Passport number
Country / territory of issue
Issue date
Expiry date
When does the applicant's program start?
When does the applicant's program end?

DLI Number.
What could have happened? My application has been long overdue and it says still in process on VFS website.

Please ensure the details you keyed in are exact with your CIC form especially the highlighted ones.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jayjaycee18: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
mightyola:
Please I need an answer!!!

My thinking is that if you gave your Biometrics in Lagos, you can choose 'Lagos'. IRCC would then transfer your inquiry and documents to the appropriate location, after receipt, if it is not being handled in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Zaid123: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
Jun 20 No update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
How long was the medicals?
mightyola:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks so much. Should I leave the "Consultant ICCRC number " box empty

Jayjaycee18:

My thinking is that if you gave your Biometrics in Lagos, you can choose 'Lagos'. IRCC would then transfer your inquiry and documents to the appropriate location, after receipt, if it is not being handled in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
Got there 7:45, though they wont start till 8am, left there around 1pm

amozag2018:
How long was the medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.