Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790783 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by leki10(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello,

I am new here and I look forward to an admission with a GA.
I would love to be advised given recommended. Below is my profile

GP: 3.94/5
Undergrad: Civil Engineering
Proposed Msc: Civil Engineering [Structures option]

Observations and comments are allowed

Thanks.

I look forward to your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by leki10(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
Osemigho:
When I see multiple invite from Nairaland, I know someone don cast something. Lol. How una Dey?

As I have always plead, student applicant are advised to check express entry. Trust me, The benefits are more than lower school fees.

For those going for masters without scholarship and would like to get a professional job afterwards, please volunteer and network well when schooling. Use your 20hrs/week off-campus permitted work to explore causal or part time professional employment in your field/desired organization. For those with scholarship, it is Kuku not your money. Otherwise, IMO, same advise apply. I am sorry to break the news, “man-know-man” dey Canada but they call it referral.

All the best.

Hello boss, Pls do u mean the express entry for skilled workers?

Thanks.
i look forward to your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amihbkt767676: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
blessedness:
Hey! Cheer up, I know how you feel, been in your shoes before, but it's not the end of the world. You can refire again like I did. It will surely end in praise!!!

When did u reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
amihbkt767676:

When did u reapply?

3rd August. Sorry about that, And like Jeremy has rightly said, it could be that the VO wants to test your resilience. Was that your first time?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan1936: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
Please who knows how i can get my GCMS??
amihbkt767676:

When did u reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
kingfintan:
Finally my correspondence letter has arrived, and would be in Canada by nextweek for the fall session..

I was denied in June, applied for a second degree which some gurus in the house discouraged me not to go for, that I should go for a masters or something higher, despite having a 5 years engineering degree here in Nigeria 3 years ago.

I re-applied with faith without using a gcms note to tackle the reason.. I just wrote 6 pages of SOP and another 4 Pages of LOE together, and today I was approved of my visa(3 years) from the Kenya witchy witch VO, they denied me before.

Whoever has been denied before, please re-apply till you get it, because you will surely get it.. do not let anyone discourage you, go for what you want and back it up with good application and prayers, you will come out victorious.

I pray for everyone here who is waiting on their decision, you shall all be approved IJN, frustration is far from you.. please pray always, as prayer is the key..

I fasted for good 9 days with no food, just Garri and water.. but I knew after that, the lord would answer me..

I want to thank everyone one here who has contributed so well, and those who criticized me, you all made me strong.. and I can’t wait to always see good news here.

It will end in praise!!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

9 weeks today, and two months plus since submission, still on background check..... embarassed cry cry cry

Just to ask, could travel history be the reason my background check is taking soo long? i know God is in Control.

It is well. It will end in praise.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

9 weeks today, and two months plus since submission, still on background check..... embarassed cry cry cry

Just to ask, could travel history be the reason my background check is taking soo long? i know God is in Control.

It is well. It will end in praise.

goingforward.

Please when did you apply and was it online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
What I did was to write a more convincing SOP, and wrote LOE to tackle the refusal reason in my previous application, And then I wrote to my Head of my department of my proposed course in Canada about my denial, he wrote a recommendation for me, stating my seriousness and reasonableness of the course.. then I collected a recommendation letter from a professor too from my previous university here in Nigeria..

But really it was God who did it..

canadabyfire:

Congrats..........besides the fast and prayers, please share infos on what you did differently in your second application that landed you in your success story...........in essence besides the 6pages and 4pages what else changed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
Everyone has their opinion towards this issue of SOP and LOE.. as a matter of fact I believe so much in it, it was my weapon, I wrote 6 pages, almost 7 pages, it was like a text book lol, then LOE was around 4 pages or so.. tackling each problem raised by the VO with proof..

My stake on this is, write an SOP, and if you have been denied before write an LOE too.. you never can tell which one they might read, definitely they will read one between SOP or LOE..

It will end in praise

makano:
I remember one of the Gurus sayiing some days back that its not necessary to submit both SOP and LOE, wanted to counter that, but I just kept mute and also saying an SOP of more than 3 pages wont fly, that It will bore the VOs, grin grin I Thank God for ur Testimony bro, it has proofed that it is not bad submitting both SOP and LOE. And to those about to apply, especially the ones refused before, You can write both SOP nad LOE. We all know the content of an SOP, then for LOE, this document is simply to counter Ur previous refusals no matter the number of pages, byh proofing and convincing the VO, It shall end in praose.. Congrats Once again Bro, ur testimony is a motivation. And safe journey on ur trip to Canny.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Please when did you apply and was it online?

June 14th Online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
goingforward:

June 14th Online.

Same with me, God help us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
July Applicants Any hope?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
ghabrhiel10:

Same with me, God help us

I am tempted to send an email to inquire about my application but I will wait till at least 10 weeks and some days ( if i do not hear from them) which should be by next week Thursday/Friday.

cry embarassed cry embarassed, the wait it not easy at all.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jdhills: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
blaqnony:

You don't need an English proficiency test for study permit application.
. please can you be a little detail? am stuck as to whether i need to write IELTS or TOELF or not before applying for masters degree in canada. some one told me that they refuse visa for candidate without test of English , hence my fear! Am a pharmacist by profession....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
makano:
I remember one of the Gurus sayiing some days back that its not necessary to submit both SOP and LOE, wanted to counter that, but I just kept mute and also saying an SOP of more than 3 pages wont fly, that It will bore the VOs, grin grin I Thank God for ur Testimony bro, it has proofed that it is not bad submitting both SOP and LOE. And to those about to apply, especially the ones refused before, You can write both SOP nad LOE. We all know the content of an SOP, then for LOE, this document is simply to counter Ur previous refusals no matter the number of pages, byh proofing and convincing the VO, It shall end in praose.. Congrats Once again Bro, ur testimony is a motivation. And safe journey on ur trip to Canny.

I was me who said writing LOE and SOP at the same time was not necessary in my opinion. But if you remember correctly, I said you won’t be denied if you did. But it is simply better to obey instructions, the visa office wants an LOE alone. It better to stick to those rules and avoid unnecessary things because you don’t know the VO reading. One may not have qualms with it, another may misconstrue it as extravagant and superfluous. You are more effective conveying your message in LOE instead of fragmenting them Into an LOE and SOP. There are exception to the rules, just like some can write pages and pages of SOP and are approved when you can do so effectively in 3-4 pages not taking the officers valuable time and attention span. I am glad to see exception to the rules when it happens and I congratulate him for dancing to his own tunes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Mr Phamacist, 90% of approved Candidates that got their Visa on this thread got it without any IELTS or TOELF. Morover, all this english Tests do not have anyhing to do with ur Visa Application. What matters is for you to Convince the VO with relevant documents that u are a genuine student that will return back to ur country after ur studies. Sefini
jdhills:
. please can you be a little detail? am stuck as to whether i need to write IELTS or TOELF or not before applying for masters degree in canada. some one told me that they refuse visa for candidate without test of English , hence my fear! Am a pharmacist by profession....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
But I didnt mention names na... grin grin grin. But ma take on this is that most peeps that got refused and wanna refire, an LOE is very Vital. Its with this LOE u use to tackle each refusal reason bit by bit to the understanding of the VO. SOP is just to show ur background, why study in Canada, why study the Course e.t.c buh LOE is solely for tackling previous refusal reasons. But for freshers, an SOP is enough. My take. Its good u own up tho, even tho I didnt mention names.. grin grin grin We shall all testify.
jnyuwa02:

I was me who said writing LOE and SOP at the same time was not necessary. I repeat it again. But if you remember correctly, I said you won’t be denied if you did. But it is simply better to obey instructions, the visa office wants an LOE alone. It better to stick to those rules and avoid unnecessary things because you don’t know the VO reading. One may not have qualms with it, another may misconstrue it as extravagant and superfluous. You are more effective conveying your message in LOE instead of fragmenting them Into an LOE and SOP. There are exception to the rules, just like some can write pages and pages of SOP and are approved when you can do so effectively in 3-4 pages not taking the officers valuable time and attention span. I am glad to see exception to the rules when it happens and I congratulate him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by EasyMoney007: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello@Mr Kingfintan

Congrats on your Visa sir, I am sincerely happy for you. Please I would like to ask and seek your assistance sir. How can I apply for undergraduate studies in Canada.
Which school did you apply to?
Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
makano:
But I didnt mention names na... grin grin grin. But ma take on this is that most peeps that got refused and wanna refire, an LOE is very Vital. Its with this LOE u use to tackle each refusal reason bit by bit to the understanding of the VO. SOP is just to show ur background, why study in Canada, why study the Course e.t.c buh LOE is solely for tackling previous refusal reasons. But for freshers, an SOP is enough. My take. Its good u own up tho, even tho I didnt mention names.. grin grin grin We shall all testify.

I personally think his letter from the department did the magic. I have often recommended this to people in the past, if you can convince the school to write, do it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
Approval Alert! Long Post Alert Too.

I applied on July 26th online. I received a medical request August 8th, I did it the next day in PH. My medicals was updated as pass earlier today around 11am, and about 30mins ago, the approval and Passport request landed.

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.
My Sponsor is my Fiancée's Sister. I submitted her personal and business' statements of account (She is a small business owner), with a combined balance of about 13 million naira after she has transferred my estimated tuition fee for 1 year to me (1.2m).
Sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship letter.
CAC documents of her business
My Fiancée's and my Sponsor’s birth certificates and my Sponsor’s International passport data page (single travel history to dubai).
Sponsor’s family picture of about 8years ago showing me at her convocation ceremony from the University (My Fiancée is in the picture too).
My engagement dinner picture with my Fiancee.

SOP(2 pages)
Resume (It shows my two research publications in international peer-reviewed journals and my current project)
Statement of my long-standing Mutual funds investment account with ARM (1.4m current balance).
TOEFL Result (I wrote it last year for another purpose, McGill didn't require it from me, but I sha submitted it anyway in the rush)
Offer letter from McGill.
CAQ approval letter from Quebec.
Email approval of my Differential Fee Waiver Award from McGill (This DFW allows me to pay tuition and other fees at Quebec rate which is about 1.2m (4120 CAD) instead of International rate which is 19820 CAD).
My NYSC call-up letter, and PPA posting letter (I am currently a youth corper).
My MDCN Annual Practicing License.
My birth certificate, University degree and Transcript.
Parents' and my 4 siblings' birth certificates.
My retired father's landed property and valuation (I didn't do deed of transfer). Valued at 8m.
My father's RSA statement as at when he retired years ago. Balance was 4m.

I was denied Visa twice in the space of a month last year to go and present one of my research work in New York. Also, I was denied a UK visa this last May to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum as one of the youth delegates representing Nigeria at the last concluded CHOGM in London. I had another paper to present early last month in London too, however, I couldn't even dare apply for a visa again, so I begged one of my co-authors to make the presentation. He already had a UK visa. I have never travelled out of this country before as an adult so my passport is Virgin.

I didn't pay for Tuition, McGill generally doesn't allow you pay tuition until you have both your CAQ and your Study Permit.

I thank God for His mercies, as I didn't know I will be applying for the study permit until days before that July 26th. But God practically fast-tracked my approval. Thanks to @jnyuwa02 and @frankrobben for their immense contributions to this group. I arranged my documents in a hurry based on their back and forth on this thread from day 1.

If their is anything to learn from this my divine grace, is that no two applications are the same. And to always say the truth too. I explained all my visa denials and I filled in the TB part of the application that I recently managed a patient that was diagnosed of Tuberculosis under my care and I was in close contact with him as his Doctor for weeks. I didn't know how such information could have affected my application, but I couldn't bring myself to lying about such exposure while I was filling the form.

Last last, I Thank God!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
realshifu:

I applied on July 26th online. I received a medical request August 8th, I did it the next day in PH. My medicals was updated as pass earlier today around 11am, and about 30mins ago, the approval and Passport request landed.

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.
My Sponsor is my Fiancée's Sister. I submitted her personal and business' statements of account (She is a small business owner), with a combined balance of about 13 million naira after she has transferred my estimated tuition fee for 1 year to me (1.2m).
My Fiancée's and my Sponsor’s birth certificates and my Sponsor’s International passport data page (single travel history to dubai).
Sponsor’s family picture of about 8years ago showing me at her convocation ceremony from the University (My Fiancée is in the picture too).

SOP(2 pages)
Resume (It shows my two research publications in international peer-reviewed journals and my current project)
Statement of my long-standing Mutual funds investment account with ARM (1.4m current balance).
TOEFL Result (I wrote it last year for another purpose, McGill didn't require it from me, but I sha submitted it anyway in the rush)
Email approval of my Differential Fee Waiver Award from McGill (This DFW allows me to pay tuition and other fees at Quebec rate which is about 1.2m (4120 CAD) instead of International rate which is 19820 CAD).
My retired father's landed property and valuation (I didn't do deed of transfer). Valued at 8m.

I was denied Visa twice in the space of a month last year to go and present one of my research work in New York. Also, I was denied a UK visa this last May to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum as one of the youth delegates representing Nigeria at the last concluded CHOGM in London. I had another paper to present early last month in London too, however, I couldn't even dare apply for a visa again, so I begged one of my co-authors to make the presentation. He already had a UK visa. I have never travelled out of this country before as an adult so my passport is Virgin.

I didn't pay for Tuition, McGill generally doesn't allow you pay tuition until you have both your CAQ and your Study Permit.

I thank God for His mercies, as I didn't know I will be applying for the study permit until days before that July 26th. But God practically fast-tracked my approval. Thanks to @jnyuwa02 and @frankrobben for their immense contributions to this group. I arranged my documents in a hurry based on their back and forth on this thread from day 1.

If their is anything to learn from this my divine grace, is that no two applications are the same. And to always say the truth too. I explained all my visa denials and I filled in the TB part of the application that I recently managed a patient that was diagnosed of Tuberculosis under my care and I was in close contact with him as his Doctor for weeks. I didn't know how such information could have affected my application, but I couldn't bring myself to lying about such exposure while I was filling the form.

Last last, I Thank God!

Congratulations!!! Paper or online route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Famzyactivity:

Congratulations!!! Paper or online route?

Online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sent an email to Lagos, Accra, London, Nairobi and I got this response from Lagos:

We write in reply to your email.

As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80 percent of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that the application has been received and is in process. As soon as processing is completed you will be notified.

Kind regards,

CMG

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

www.nigeria.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Sirtenburg(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
I hail everyone in this forum. I am new here and need help.. I graduated from osunstate uni from department of political Science and want to further more but due to my cgpa 2.56/5.0 ,I don't think I can get to the masters level. I came across a school in Canada that offers pgd in public administration which is related to my first degree and the school name is Seneca college in Toronto. my questions are:
1) Is it advisable to get admission without ielts /toefl ? won't it show as a sign of laziness to the v.o
2) won't the v.o see my application somehow, not going for masters direct?
3) do Canadian v.o see some schools in Canada as no go area?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jdhills: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
uxomykaz:
Hello everyone, Greetings to you all.

Please this is going to be my first time posting here.
Am 23 yrs old, graduated last year October B.sc Computer Science with a 4.79/5. Currently on NYSC, and would be through this year October.

I read the whole of part ten and currently reading from the beginning of this part 14.

I intend applying for a research based Masters in computer science with funding. After searching through the list of universities in Canada n their tuition fee for CSC.

I intend to apply to MUN, UBC, USASk and Queens university this September when admission application for fall 2019 begins.

However, MUN and Queens require contacting/getting a supervisor before applying.

My question is how do I go about this and when should I begin to contact them. And I hope my lack of work experience wouldn't be a disadvantage in getting funding?
I saw the links on "tips on contacting a supervisor" on the first page of every new part.
I have read it, and don't know if I just have to do what is written their alone, or if there r some other things I need to do.

Am just trying to be very careful and not make any mistakes. Your replies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please any student from UBC, USASK , MUN or Queens university? Would also like to get in touch and ask for information regarding admission.

Thanks
Hey bro can we relate....am also planing to apply to usask;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
realshifu:

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.

SOP(2 pages)

Last last, I Thank God!

Wow, Congratulations! very speedy.
Father, you did it for this person. Please do my own. i connect with faith to this testimony. It will end in praise in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
goingforward:

Wow, Congratulations! very speedy.
Father, you did it for this person. Please do my own. i connect with faith to this testimony. It will end in praise in Jesus name. Amen.

Amen. I pray God's unmerited favor and grace for every applicant waiting for good news on their applications.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papijulah: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
I just got a request letter for my medicals. Anyone knows any of their approved medical facility in Lagos?

I need a reply asap please.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
Congratulations
realshifu:

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.

SOP(2 pages)

Last last, I Thank God!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papijulah: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
blaqnony:

Your passport. Photocopy of the bio data page. The medical request fom. Your 28,050 if you are going to children's practice.

Hi,

Please, where in Lagos can I have an express medical appointment? The ones I have called are telling me their next appointment is September when class resume on 27th August. Please reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
Just walk in - Children Practice, Go early. Take cash 28,050

papijulah:

Hi,

Please, where in Lagos can I have an express medical appointment? The ones I have called are telling me their next appointment is September when class resume on 27th August. Please reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.