Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791176 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
papijulah:
I just got a request letter for my medicals. Anyone knows any of their approved medical facility in Lagos?

I need a reply asap please.
Children's practice, Raymond Njoku, off awolowo, ikoyi. I was there today. Go there by 7:55 in the morning if you don't have an appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
Tht was dsame msg i received from London

mightyola:
Sent an email to Lagos, Accra, London, Nairobi and I got this response from Lagos:

We write in reply to your email.

As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80 percent of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that the application has been received and is in process. As soon as processing is completed you will be notified.

Kind regards,

CMG

Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

www.nigeria.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papijulah: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
walecott:

Children's practice, Raymond Njoku, off awolowo, ikoyi. I was there today. Go there by 7:55 in the morning if you don't have an appointment.
T
Thank you very much.

Will the facility be the one to send the result to the embassy or I have to submit a copy too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
so i think London is handling your app, and Lagos is handling mine.

Banks039:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Banks039:

i got the same message from London too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
papijulah:

T
Thank you very much.

Will the facility be the one to send the result to the embassy or I have to submit a copy too?
They will send it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Structurez: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
hey guys,
What is the hope of getting study permit for a secondary degree.
Already have BSC (Microbiology) and going for Nursing (BSN) at Brandon University.
Paid full tuition for one year and have living expenses of $10k for self and $4k for child.
Sponsor submitted notarized letter of support, bank statement and i submitted SOP.
Anybody ever got TRV for second degree?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amihbkt767676: 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2018
blessedness:

3rd July. And like Jeremy has rightly said, it could be that the VO wants to test your resilience. Was that your first time?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omoISEYIN(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
hello house, Can I have the contact of justwise? Maybe phone number or email address. Thank you cc: justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2018
realshifu:
Approval Alert! Long Post Alert Too.

I applied on July 26th online. I received a medical request August 8th, I did it the next day in PH. My medicals was updated as pass earlier today around 11am, and about 30mins ago, the approval and Passport request landed.

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.
My Sponsor is my Fiancée's Sister. I submitted her personal and business' statements of account (She is a small business owner), with a combined balance of about 13 million naira after she has transferred my estimated tuition fee for 1 year to me (1.2m).
Sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship letter.
CAC documents of her business
My Fiancée's and my Sponsor’s birth certificates and my Sponsor’s International passport data page (single travel history to dubai).
Sponsor’s family picture of about 8years ago showing me at her convocation ceremony from the University (My Fiancée is in the picture too).
My engagement dinner picture with my Fiancee.

SOP(2 pages)
Resume (It shows my two research publications in international peer-reviewed journals and my current project)
Statement of my long-standing Mutual funds investment account with ARM (1.4m current balance).
TOEFL Result (I wrote it last year for another purpose, McGill didn't require it from me, but I sha submitted it anyway in the rush)
Offer letter from McGill.
CAQ approval letter from Quebec.
Email approval of my Differential Fee Waiver Award from McGill (This DFW allows me to pay tuition and other fees at Quebec rate which is about 1.2m (4120 CAD) instead of International rate which is 19820 CAD).
My NYSC call-up letter, and PPA posting letter (I am currently a youth corper).
My MDCN Annual Practicing License.
My birth certificate, University degree and Transcript.
Parents' and my 4 siblings' birth certificates.
My retired father's landed property and valuation (I didn't do deed of transfer). Valued at 8m.
My father's RSA statement as at when he retired years ago. Balance was 4m.

I was denied Visa twice in the space of a month last year to go and present one of my research work in New York. Also, I was denied a UK visa this last May to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum as one of the youth delegates representing Nigeria at the last concluded CHOGM in London. I had another paper to present early last month in London too, however, I couldn't even dare apply for a visa again, so I begged one of my co-authors to make the presentation. He already had a UK visa. I have never travelled out of this country before as an adult so my passport is Virgin.

I didn't pay for Tuition, McGill generally doesn't allow you pay tuition until you have both your CAQ and your Study Permit.

I thank God for His mercies, as I didn't know I will be applying for the study permit until days before that July 26th. But God practically fast-tracked my approval. Thanks to @jnyuwa02 and @frankrobben for their immense contributions to this group. I arranged my documents in a hurry based on their back and forth on this thread from day 1.

If their is anything to learn from this my divine grace, is that no two applications are the same. And to always say the truth too. I explained all my visa denials and I filled in the TB part of the application that I recently managed a patient that was diagnosed of Tuberculosis under my care and I was in close contact with him as his Doctor for weeks. I didn't know how such information could have affected my application, but I couldn't bring myself to lying about such exposure while I was filling the form.

Last last, I Thank God!

Congratulations on your approval realshifu.
More approvals to come soon for the TRV hopefuls.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by samuel466: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
realshifu:

I applied on July 26th online. I received a medical request August 8th, I did it the next day in PH. My medicals was updated as pass earlier today around 11am, and about 30mins ago, the approval and Passport request landed.

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.
My Sponsor is my Fiancée's Sister. I submitted her personal and business' statements of account (She is a small business owner), with a combined balance of about 13 million naira after she has transferred my estimated tuition fee for 1 year to me (1.2m).
My Fiancée's and my Sponsor’s birth certificates and my Sponsor’s International passport data page (single travel history to dubai).
Sponsor’s family picture of about 8years ago showing me at her convocation ceremony from the University (My Fiancée is in the picture too).

SOP(2 pages)
Resume (It shows my two research publications in international peer-reviewed journals and my current project)
Statement of my long-standing Mutual funds investment account with ARM (1.4m current balance).
TOEFL Result (I wrote it last year for another purpose, McGill didn't require it from me, but I sha submitted it anyway in the rush)
Email approval of my Differential Fee Waiver Award from McGill (This DFW allows me to pay tuition and other fees at Quebec rate which is about 1.2m (4120 CAD) instead of International rate which is 19820 CAD).
My retired father's landed property and valuation (I didn't do deed of transfer). Valued at 8m.

I was denied Visa twice in the space of a month last year to go and present one of my research work in New York. Also, I was denied a UK visa this last May to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum as one of the youth delegates representing Nigeria at the last concluded CHOGM in London. I had another paper to present early last month in London too, however, I couldn't even dare apply for a visa again, so I begged one of my co-authors to make the presentation. He already had a UK visa. I have never travelled out of this country before as an adult so my passport is Virgin.

I didn't pay for Tuition, McGill generally doesn't allow you pay tuition until you have both your CAQ and your Study Permit.

I thank God for His mercies, as I didn't know I will be applying for the study permit until days before that July 26th. But God practically fast-tracked my approval. Thanks to @jnyuwa02 and @frankrobben for their immense contributions to this group. I arranged my documents in a hurry based on their back and forth on this thread from day 1.

If their is anything to learn from this my divine grace, is that no two applications are the same. And to always say the truth too. I explained all my visa denials and I filled in the TB part of the application that I recently managed a patient that was diagnosed of Tuberculosis under my care and I was in close contact with him as his Doctor for weeks. I didn't know how such information could have affected my application, but I couldn't bring myself to lying about such exposure while I was filling the form.

Last last, I Thank God!

Congratulations! I’m heading to McGill too. Please how did you get the tuition fee waiver to pay at the Quebec rate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
samuel466:

Congratulations! I’m heading to McGill too. Please how did you get the tuition fee waiver to pay at the Quebec rate?

That's great. I pray you get it, so we can link up soon. For the DFW, I was informed that each department nominates their best incoming students based on the applicants pool academic credentials to the Graduate school committee. So there is no separate application for it.

It's mostly offered to incoming PhD students, but in exceptional cases also to Masters according to McGill's website. I didn't know I was infact nominated until I received the email.

https://www.mcgill.ca/gps/funding/international/dfw

Updated:

@samuelson, I just went to read you previous posts now and I realized you have infact been given your study permit, sorry for the mix up. Let's link up..... When are you leaving for Montreal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
It could be , lets hope for a favourable outcome

mightyola:
so i think London is handling your app, and Lagos is handling mine.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
realshifu:

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.

SOP(2 pages)

Last last, I Thank God!

Congratulations!! Am so happy for you, sincerely, this is the kind of miracle I need and it's what I'll get IJN! (Amen!!)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
amihbkt767676:

Yes

and you want to quit? Please put your self together, gather enough documents and put up a tighter application. We shall testify!!!

Sorry it's actually 3rd August that I applied.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
Structurez:
hey guys,
What is the hope of getting study permit for a secondary degree.
Already have BSC (Microbiology) and going for Nursing (BSN) at Brandon University.
Paid full tuition for one year and have living expenses of $10k for self and $4k for child.
Sponsor submitted notarized letter of support, bank statement and i submitted SOP.
Anybody ever got TRV for second degree?

Since, you've already submitted your application, i'll advice you should be optimistic and hope for a positive outcome. Besides, A moniker by name kingfintan, claimed to secure his TRV few days ago for a second degree, you can search for him and link up with him. He might be of paramount assistance in your application.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Opeblaqwell: 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
please how much did the medicals cost
walecott:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2018
Opeblaqwell:
please how much did the medicals cost
#28,050
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
You guys on behalf of my friend. He hasn't been called for medicals, he has used the webform once to upload a letter from school. To buy time, he wants to do medicals and send it. But how would he send the result of the medicals since he has already used the webform once. I'd be glad to get responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
walecott:
You guys on behalf of my friend. He hasn't been called for medicals, he has used the webform once to upload a letter from school. To buy time, he wants to do medicals and send it. But how would he send the result of the medicals since he has already used the webform once. I'd be glad to get responses.

I don't think there are restrictions or limited number of times an applicant can access the webform. Your friend should be free to make use of the webform again or use the attached email addresses:
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

I don't think there are restrictions or limited number of times an applicant can access the webform. Your friend should be free to make use of the webform again or use the attached email addresses:
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

All the best!
Thanks a lot. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Sirtenburg(m): 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sirtenburg:
I hail everyone in this forum. I am new here and need help.. I graduated from osunstate uni from department of political Science and want to further more but due to my cgpa 2.56/5.0 ,I don't think I can get to the masters level. I came across a school in Canada that offers pgd in public administration which is related to my first degree and the school name is Seneca college in Toronto. my questions are:
1) Is it advisable to get admission without ielts /toefl ? won't it show as a sign of laziness to the v.o
2) won't the v.o see my application somehow, not going for masters direct?
3) do Canadian v.o see some schools in Canada as no go area?

I need help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Sirtenburg:

I need help please

Sorry nobdody answered your question, it happens. Let me try and answer below.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:54am On Aug 17, 2018
Sirtenburg:
I hail everyone in this forum. I am new here and need help.. I graduated from osunstate uni from department of political Science and want to further more but due to my cgpa 2.56/5.0 ,I don't think I can get to the masters level. I came across a school in Canada that offers pgd in public administration which is related to my first degree and the school name is Seneca college in Toronto. my questions are:
1) Is it advisable to get admission without ielts /toefl ? won't it show as a sign of laziness to the v.o
2) won't the v.o see my application somehow, not going for masters direct?
3) do Canadian v.o see some schools in Canada as no go area?

Not taking IELTS/TOEFL is not a requirement in almost all Canadian schools for Nigerians formally educated in English in secondary schools. Neither does a VO construe anyone as lazy who has not taken. There are no go areas in terms of schools with the VO. No matter the school as long as you demonstrate your financial ability, your genuineness to study and return to Nigeria is all that a visa officer is required to access. Getting into certain Canadian Ivy League schools, I observed seems to expedite the issuance of visas. Toronto, MCGill. Those are some of the hardest schools to get into in Canada and obtaining admission to one of them seems to boost one’s genuiness creds with the VO.

That said, yes going for a PGD when you are suppose to be going for a masters, would seem somehow, but it is your burden and responsibility to convince the VO that you are indeed a genuine student. If you are really good in writing and convincing, you should be able to sail through. A low GPA explanation isn’t usually a good explanation. An area of specialization and practicalization requiring study in Canada and not available in Nigeria, is usually a good explanation. Best wishes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan1936: 6:12am On Aug 17, 2018
Please how did you get the webform, I need one
walecott:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kendrick213: 6:30am On Aug 17, 2018
Do they send it fast to cic?
mightyola:
Just walk in - Children Practice, Go early. Take cash 28,050

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2018
Dan1936:
Please how did you get the webform, I need one
There's a link to the webform. Can anybody help this gentleman with the webform link?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 7:01am On Aug 17, 2018
My application since May 27.
I just hope deyve not forgotten my application
Sch is supposed to resume Aug 26th
I just don't understand y dey have to take dis long considering resumption date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2018
vivicintia:
I just don't understand y dey have to take dis long considering resumption date.

Paper or online?
Upright medical or no medical request yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2018
vivicintia:

Write to cic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by missclaire01(f): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2018
wiz3:
good morning all.
i submitted my app on via online route on 16th may
biometric done on 31st may
medical done on 21st june
medical passed on 29th june.
since then i've been awaiting CIC's decision. My program at Seneca College starts on 4th September. Is it normal for passport request to take this long? Thinking of my next line of action
i submitted my application 13may, medical done 15 june, i got my visa last week tuesday 8th aug. also going to seneca by God's grace, school starts next month. just be hopeful, it will come. since you passed your medicals , chances are you will get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.