Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785607 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 31, 2018
solu1:
Good day my people:

I have a quick question to ask.

I recently got my TRV application approved and would be travelling from the EU with a valid residence permit to Canada. Most of the flights that I have seen have brief layovers (4 hours max in the UK). I would like to know if I will be needing a transit visa to go through the UK. The airline could not provide me with this information. Your urgent answers are needed so as to enable me make an informed decision before the prices go up again.

If the airlines does not ask/indicate that you provide or obtain one, then it is not necessary. I traveled through Dublin (not sure part of UK) without one. If in doubt, write to the embassy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 4:00am On Aug 31, 2018
mcobex:
It states on their site that they will refund if TRV app is denied, so where is the moniker getting the info she is telling the house? Even the issue of deferral, their is no charges attached to it(if done on time) and she said something about being charged around 700k for it(of she wants to defer)...

School is supposed to resume Aug 27th , when date was approaching and I didn't get response for visa application done since May 5, I sent a mail for deferral and I was told I would $2500 deferral fee for MBA , I got my visa denial day b4 yesterday. Am sending a mail for acceptance fee (1.5m) refund ASAP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:13am On Aug 31, 2018
@Carlz1 so sorry dear you didnt get no medical call? We submitted same day paper route. Got a message my processed passport has been returned back to the VAC and i wasnt called too guess its cos i submitted my application 2days after my arrival from England into Nigeria. Cos i saw on CIC website where they stated if one didnt stay/live in Nigeria for 6months and above then they dont require medicals. Just submitted police certificate issued in England alongside my residence documents.
Abi Frank? @Frankroben1 am i quoting CIC's medical facts wrongly from their website? .... would be going to pick up my passport today and let y'all know.

Carlz1:
Application refused
Paper route
Applied 27th July
Eligibility began 18th August
Refusal letter 29th August
Processed in Nairobi
I actually wonder if they go through documents provided. I’m really surprised.

I’m to resume in January so I plan on reapplying for the last time and I want to do it all by myself and I want to use the online route this time. Please I need all the support I can get. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:25am On Aug 31, 2018
Dublin isnt part of UK......its in Republic of Ireland.

oluswagger:

If the airlines does not ask/indicate that you provide or obtain one, then it is not necessary. I traveled through Dublin (not sure part of UK) without one. If in doubt, write to the embassy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:31am On Aug 31, 2018
@sisikemo okay no worries! Congrats once again.

sisikemo:
I'm yet to get my intro letter but I'll check for it later today or tomorrow...i did online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 4:46am On Aug 31, 2018
galala123:

There are 2 conditions which need to be met as stated on page 11. Is she able to satisfy them? That's why I was asking of the resumption date. I also hope she is not getting information from a third party.

School resumption date is August 27
Got denied Aug 29
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 5:58am On Aug 31, 2018
afamnwodo10:
I am about to apply for my canada student visa. Every other documents I have compressed to less than 4mb but my sponsor's bank statement is too bulky. For the past 5 days I have been working on it to compress it using almost all the compressor online. The least I can get it just 26mb clear anything less than that can't be readable. Actually the original file size of the scanned bank statement is 107mb PDF though it was first scanned in picture formats first and then converted to pdf. I am so confused. I have tried so many techniques and even took it to business computer centers, until now nothing. This bank statement is 6months and is about 252 pages.
My last option tomorrow morning is to reduce the pages to half or lesser than half by randomly extracting some pages. Please I need an advice before I do this. I need an advice as soon as possible please.

I had similar problem until I went to one hotel in Abuja where they scanned it using one of those flat scanners. It came out much smaller. I had been using one of those box-like scanners and the original will come out heavy no matter how small I scan it. Then if I reduce it won't be clear. Though I spent about ₦16k to scan 65 pages, I was happy with the final outcome having spent ₦6,500 earlier without result because it came out over 20GB and then blurred when reduced to less than 10GB.

Try the flat scanner and reduce the dpi when scanning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 6:17am On Aug 31, 2018
galala123:

I had similar problem until I went to one hotel in Abuja where they scanned it using on of those flat scanners. It came out much smaller. I had been using one of those box-like scanners and the original will come out heavy no matter how small I scan it. Then if I reduce it won't be clear. Though I spent about ₦16k to scan 65 pages, I was happy with the final outcome having spent ₦6,500 earlier without result because it came out over 20GB and then blurred when reduced to less than 10GB.

Try the flat scanner and reduce the dpi when scanning.
16k for scanning documents is expensive. I use whatsapp to compress size by scanning documents to pic or jpg then send through whatsapp to another phone and the quality is awesome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 6:18am On Aug 31, 2018
oluswagger:

I suspect he needs transit visa to pass through the UK. No need of flying national carrier and passing through Amsterdam, CDG, Frankfurt, Dubai , Addis Ababa , etc being KLM, Air France, Lufthansa, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, etc respectively. Like the US, I suspect you need transit for UK. My passport was stolen in Switzerland and BA refused to bring me back though I presented Emergency Travel Certificate and Police Report. They insisted I needed passport with Visa, All my argument that they brought me there and I changed my return ticket to continue immediately without entering UK thereby seeing passport control fell on deaf ears. Had to buy a new KLM ticket to return.

For 4 hours stopover, I guess it's within the same airport. Not like into Heathrow and out of Gatwick right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 6:23am On Aug 31, 2018
MrsDaniels:
Just submitted police certificate iss.. would be going to pick up my passport today and let y'all know.

Did you link your profile online? No updates per application status online?

Looking forward to good news from you. Godwilling, we will be celebrating your success in a few hours from now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papijulah: 6:26am On Aug 31, 2018
afamnwodo10:
I am about to apply for my canada student visa. Every other documents I have compressed to less than 4mb but my sponsor's bank statement is too bulky. For the past 5 days I have been working on it to compress it using almost all the compressor online. The least I can get it just 26mb clear anything less than that can't be readable. Actually the original file size of the scanned bank statement is 107mb PDF though it was first scanned in picture formats first and then converted to pdf. I am so confused. I have tried so many techniques and even took it to business computer centers, until now nothing. This bank statement is 6months and is about 252 pages.
My last option tomorrow morning is to reduce the pages to half or lesser than half by randomly extracting some pages. Please I need an advice before I do this. I need an advice as soon as possible please.

You can as well submit a three month statement of account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 6:38am On Aug 31, 2018
Lagos2canna:

16k for scanning documents is expensive. I use whatsapp to compress size by scanning documents to pic or jpg then send through whatsapp to another phone and the quality is awesome

I use WhatsApp too but it has a limit it can take. When a document is over compressed and then blown up, it becomes blurred. Note that WhatsApp images are often viewed on small screens mostly phones and tablets.

The thing pain me. But after trying unsuccessfully for days and wasting about 10k. I was happy.

After trying without success someone advised me to reduce the pages to about 45 by removing some pages which I did but was not happy as I was afraid it could be seen as fraudulent misrepresentation.

So by the time I was able to do ALL the 65 pages crystal clear and about 1.7mb (I could have been able to reduce it to less than half with a reducer if I wanted to and it would have still be clear enough).

The amount I was charged left a bitter taste in my mouth sha. And imagine after wasting over 10k doing 65 pages and then 45 pages in the other business centre without result.

I was wondering if I should have even bought a scanner with that money. Those days, the flat scanner used to be about 8k (Before the steep fall of the Naira). I wonder how much it is now.

The first business centre charges ₦100/page which ended up at about ₦11,000 for the 65 and 45 pages. And this was over several days oh as I kept going back for them to keep trying different methods. By time it is compressed, it becomes too blurred to read.

The hotel charged me ₦250/ page which came to ₦16,250 for the complete statement of 65 pages but I got what I wanted at one trial though I helped the lady reduce the DPI and most importantly, I was no longer afraid of being accused of misrepresentation for skipping some pages. Man has suffered!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 6:51am On Aug 31, 2018
Well written bro. Let's not give people like this a chance. This thread is to help people in giving out the best ways to get TRVs not to mislead. Thanks man
Lotusboi:
The part where he states that payment of fees brings suspicion that you’re not a genuine student makes me ponder.
Apart from the fact that an applicant reiterates his position in terms academic progression, nothing bolsters your commitment to education more than the receipt of your tuition fee payment. How else are you a student/potential student without showing financial commitment to study. In fact it is more noxious to apply without paying because they are used to Nigerian students getting to Canada and easily absconding from school without undergoing the stress of recovering refunds from tuition payment. So if the only issue with one’s application is finance (maybe a lump sum, etc) and the applicant has paid the fees, it would certainly scream commitment in the ears of the VO and definitely not suspicion. Thank you blaugrana82 for your discretion.
Let the public adhere to the paradigm of paying fees which has been working for applicants from the early days of this forum. Cheers

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 7:06am On Aug 31, 2018
afamnwodo10:
If you try the flat scanner to do about 10 pages and it is giving you much better results, perhaps you should get the model number and proceed to the market to buy one as it may be cheaper buying than paying to scan at a business centre.

I was advised to randomly remove some pages buy my fear with such removal is misrepresentation which is much more costly (except you explain what you did upfront in case you need to argue it later on having reported yourself which can also be costly).

252 pages sha... corporate or personal statement? and I thought I had a long statement.

Have you been using one of those box like scanners? Yes? Try the flat one. It worked wonders for me.

If you need to randomly remove, can one do that then put the full one in your Google drive, and provide a link to view it in your SOP to view and download after explaining your challenges?

Try the flat scanner first. That type we take for granted and it may work miracles. Scan black and white to PDF and reduce the dpi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:08am On Aug 31, 2018
@galala123 i did linked it online and till now its just showing Eligibility review et Background check processing. Amen!

galala123:

Did you link your profile online? No updates per application status online?

Looking forward to good news from you. Godwilling, we will be celebrating your success in a few hours from now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2018
MrsDaniels:
@galala123 i did linked it online and till now its just showing Eligibility review et Background check processing. Amen!

Congratulations on your approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:21am On Aug 31, 2018
vivicintia:

Thanks but the course I applied is MBA , what I see here is continuing studies
Did you use an agent to apply for admission process or you did it yourself? I am really interested in your case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2018
vivicintia:

School is supposed to resume Aug 27th , when date was approaching and I didn't get response for visa application done since May 5, I sent a mail for deferral and I was told I would $2500 deferral fee for MBA , I got my visa denial day b4 yesterday. Am sending a mail for acceptance fee (1.5m) refund ASAP
You are still within the timeframe to seek for refund cos school just resumed few days ago. Mail them stating your visa app was denied and that you will like them to refund your money, attach the refusal letter as well(it is very important).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 7:43am On Aug 31, 2018
MrsDaniels:

Same happened to KingFintan. His application was successful as the passport was returned with visa in it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 7:44am On Aug 31, 2018
oluswagger:

Which country's residence permit?
But with the common format EU residence permit, you can transit in any EU nation without a visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2018
wealth360:
So sorry my brother. But you kept applying over and over again without applying for GCMS note. The last time you are supposed to do that, did you?
I applied for my gcms notes after I had already submitted and I noticed the reason for denial was already tackled in my new application and I wrote an sop. I’d post the gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eyifunmi: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2018
oluswagger:

You most likely went through Ethiopian airlines, the Dublin change and stopover is not considered a transit point for passengers. You don't come out of the plane, only the crew is changed and the plane is refueled.

Regular layover requires you changing planes, and sometimes, passing through passport and boarder control.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2018
My last gcms note

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2018
mcobex:
You are still within the timeframe to seek for refund cos school just resumed few days ago. Mail them stating your visa app was denied and that you will like them to refund your money, attach the refusal letter as well(it is very important).

Thanks
I mailed them this morning, attaching d refusal letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2018
Carlz1:
My last gcms note

Applying for the GCMs notes to know the actual reason for visa denial is the first impression you are giving that you are serious with your mission. Responding to the visa officer concerns is to argue point by point those concerns in the GCMS notes but many of you only address the generic reasons included in the notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 8:24am On Aug 31, 2018
mcobex:
Did you use an agent to apply for admission process or you did it yourself? I am really interested in your case

I used an agent, but d deferral fee requested is from d sch not d agent and d school gave me till January to pay d deferral fee. Am no longer interested in d sch again or d deferral since d visa was denied.
The issue now is not d agent but to get the acceptance fee of $5000 back from d sch.
What u sent is for continuing studies , it's same refund policy for MBA.
Av searched d acceptance fee refund policy for UBC, MBA based on visa denial can't find it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 31, 2018
Application Processing time has increased to 11 wks..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:30am On Aug 31, 2018
vivicintia:

I used an agent, but d deferral fee requested is from d sch not d agent and d school gave me till January to pay d deferral fee. Am no longer interested in d sch again or d deferral since d visa was denied.
The issue now is not d agent but to get the acceptance fee of $5000 back from d sch.
What u sent is for continuing studies , it's same refund policy for MBA.
Av searched d acceptance fee refund policy for UBC, MBA based on visa denial can't find it.
Ok, let's wait for their response. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by candygist: 8:48am On Aug 31, 2018
justwise:
This is part 14

Part 13 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

How long does it take for a Canadian study permit to be processed ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by candygist: 8:50am On Aug 31, 2018
oluswagger:

After 8years of not going back to school in Nigeria .... I just got admission to school in Canada.... my sponsor as about 27 million to sponsor my fee and feeding cost.. what are my chances of getting my study permit approved if I apply.. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2018
@mcobex my gcms note is out pls help the poor boi hope you still remember me you ask me to wait for d gcms note then you know how to support and advice on what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
Vizzle4sure:
Good day all. My application (Online) of June 13th is 11 weeks and a day old and have exceeded the current PT. Both review of eligibility started and medical changed to passed on the 9th August. Though I later got medical Request on 15th (I did upfront medical and submitted along my app). I sent the Medical Slip and was updated to pass "again" on 17th. On the 24th of August. I sent mail to Lagos, Accra, London, Nairobi and used the Web form. Still no notification and response. Now I wanna do them another mail. I need your candid advise.
Thanks in anticipation.

No news yet? When is your school resuming? I was hoping that most passport requests will arrive about 3 days after medicals passed having seen such timeline for 2 folks recently.

Just noticed you stated September 1. When is the last day to register?

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.