Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785624 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Archbiahopleke:
GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL
PLEASE I NEED YOUR ASSISTANT WITH LIST OF
DOCUMENTS NEEDED WHILE APPLYING FOR CANADIAN
STUDENT PERMIT.
I RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM CANADIAN
UNI 2DAYS AGO.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
I HAVE SUFFERED USA 2 TIMES, DON'T WANNA KEEP
WASTING MONEY.
I HAVE BEEN USING AGENTS BUT THEY HAVE BEEN
FAILING, CUZ EITHER THEY OMITS ONE OR TWO PAGE
TO BE ANSWERED.
I AWAITS YOUR SWEETS RESPONSES
THANKS
First, stop using all caps to address the thread.
Secondly, visit page 0 of this thread to find all the info you need. Come back to ask questions for more explanation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
Newman1010:

@mcobex (my oga), i believe she's mixing everything up. The school cannot refuse to refund her money since her visa was refused. She will only lose a little amount categorized as administrative charges. She should notify the school with the letter from the embassy as proof. Beside, i do not think any school in Canada has a policy to withhold applicants money when visa is refused. In most cases the amount not refundable is usually the seat/acceptance deposit when the applicant receives TRV but decides to attend another school. So even if they say they want to withhold the seat deposit which is $2000, they still have to refund the $3000. They will refund her money but it might take between 3 to 7 weeks.
Oga mi, I pray she is mixing things up cos 1.5mil no be small money o(even Davido no go like loose him money like that). Let her mail the school and attach her refusal letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
mcobex:
Oga mi, I pray she is mixing things up cos 1.5mil no be small money o(even Davido no go like loose him money like that). Let her mail the school and attach her refusal letter

So i checked the school's site and i found this. @vivicintia, please check page 11 on this link

https://extendedlearning.ubc.ca/sites/extendedlearning.ubc.ca/files/cs/documents/program/ipp/ipp-agent-handbook.pdf
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
Archbiahopleke:
I really appreciate you Linzo, I don't mind if u can send me a format of the SOP and LOE. I really need a guardian.
OK, you can get me through my signature
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Joynk: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2018
Goodevening house, pls am new here, I have gotten admission in one of the schools in canada, but I just found out am pregnant and a have my 2 year old baby , heard I won't pass medical .
Pls can someone just answer me is it true that I won't pass medical bc am pregnant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
walecott:
Cic account
okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ageorgia: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
Thanks to everyone who helped me in one way or the other, God will continue to bless you all. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Joynk:
Goodevening house, pls am new here, I have gotten admission in one of the schools in canada, but I just found out am pregnant and a have my 2 year old baby , heard I won't pass medical .
Pls can someone just answer me is it true that I won't pass medical bc am pregnant.

This was answered a few day ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/415#70694970

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
Newman1010:

So i checked the school's site and i found this. @vivicintia, please check page 11 on this link

https://extendedlearning.ubc.ca/sites/extendedlearning.ubc.ca/files/cs/documents/program/ipp/ipp-agent-handbook.pdf
It states on their site that they will refund if TRV app is denied, so where is the moniker getting the info she is telling the house? Even the issue of deferral, their is no charges attached to it(if done on time) and she said something about being charged around 700k for it(of she wants to defer)...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
mcobex:
It states on their site that they will refund if TRV app is denied, so where is the moniker getting the info she is telling the house? Even the issue of deferral, their is no charges attached to it(if done on time) and she said something about being charged around 700k for it(of she wants to defer)...

Exactly, that was why i said she is mixing up the whole thing. She will be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
Processing Time now 11 weeks, The wait continues. . Its well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Damsyangel23(f): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
makano:
Processing Time now 11 weeks, The wait continues. . Its well.
it is well mine is 135days.. Still keeping the faith alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
Sincerely, some people on this thread act as if they are the visa officers (I'm referring to the bonded part). Who says payment of tuition raises suspicion or shows desperation? Sometimes how people come up with such a narrative makes me really laugh. Have you thought payment of fees could show a form of commitment and also a way to tackle the financial aspect of the visa application? Some of you will just come on this thread be fishing inauthentic information.
It's really sad
rolorolo:
Hello Linzo,

I understand payment of school fees raises suspicion. However, for people who had paid the entire tuition or part and refused, what should be the way out for them? Should they request for refund so that they can show in their next application that tuition was not paid and only the requested fees by the school was paid?

quote author=Linzo post=70726705]
]My advice is
1. Let her not pay school fee if the school didn't request for initial deposit (mostly the colleges in Canada will ask for small deposit) before getting his/her offer letter, reason is this. In my opinion, paying school fee before applying for visa triggers the VO suspicion instinct that you're not genuine student who will leave Canada and hence you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt to VO that you're a genuine student. About 90% of the Visa refusals on this forum paid part of their fees in advance but of all those who applied without initial fee payment up to 95% got visa approved. Note: in either way you must prove to VO that you're a genuine student.

Secondly, paying fee before Visa application does not add single benefit to your application but rather makes it more prone to complex scrutiny. Apart from that, in the event of been refuse Visa you may also lose huge part of your fee if requested for refund. Some schools refund 70% , 50% and others you may lose the whole money after one deferment

2.. Yes, but the Canada PR holder will emphasize that he or her is doing so in order to help the student achieved his/her dreams back home after studying in Canada.

3. Both routes have equal chances, however in recent time, the precisely last 3 months has shown more favour to paper route in terms of processing pace

I know some people will argue No1 but fact speaks for itself[/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
The bolded part is delusional. How did you even come up with the statistics? ���
rolorolo:
Hello Linzo,

I understand payment of school fees raises suspicion. However, for people who had paid the entire tuition or part and refused, what should be the way out for them? Should they request for refund so that they can show in their next application that tuition was not paid and only the requested fees by the school was paid?

quote author=Linzo post=70726705]
]My advice is
1. Let her not pay school fee if the school didn't request for initial deposit (mostly the colleges in Canada will ask for small deposit) before getting his/her offer letter, reason is this. In my opinion, paying school fee before applying for visa triggers the VO suspicion instinct that you're not genuine student who will leave Canada and hence you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt to VO that you're a genuine student. About 90% of the Visa refusals on this forum paid part of their fees in advance but of all those who applied without initial fee payment up to 95% got visa approved. Note: in either way you must prove to VO that you're a genuine student.

Secondly, paying fee before Visa application does not add single benefit to your application but rather makes it more prone to complex scrutiny. Apart from that, in the event of been refuse Visa you may also lose huge part of your fee if requested for refund. Some schools refund 70% , 50% and others you may lose the whole money after one deferment

2.. Yes, but the Canada PR holder will emphasize that he or her is doing so in order to help the student achieved his/her dreams back home after studying in Canada.

3. Both routes have equal chances, however in recent time, the precisely last 3 months has shown more favour to paper route in terms of processing pace

I know some people will argue No1 but fact speaks for itself[/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
blaugrana82:
Sincerely, some people on this thread act as if they are the visa officers (I'm referring to the bonded part). Who says payment of tuition raises suspicion or shows desperation? Sometimes how people come up with such a narrative makes me really laugh. Have you thought payment of fees could show a form of commitment and also a way to tackle the financial aspect of the visa application? Some of you will just come on this thread be fishing inauthentic information.
It's really sad

It was so uninspirational and non aspirational and straight up a juvenile perspective.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
Aswerugawd bro. I saw the post in thread number 419.na when I enter either 420 or 421 I see say you too don reply the misleading post. He still came to reply you again talking about a leading visa agent in Australia. Honestly, those that are new on these thread should be very careful of such people. May God help us all. It will end in praises!!!
jnyuwa02:

It was so uninspirational and non aspirational and straight up a juvenile perspective.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
You may get a cue from the attached link below on how a moniker explicitly explicates the significant points to address in a SOP/LOE. Good luck.

PHOCUSJOSH SOP ANALYSIS

Archbiahopleke:
I really appreciate you Linzo, I don't mind if u can send me a format of the SOP and LOE. I really need a guardian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kpizzle: 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
Wow! this doesn't look good at all.

makano:
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/07/temporary-resident-visa-refusals-on-the-rise-says-new-report-0710888.html#gs.HZtb8_Q. The Increase in rejection is everywhere.. Na wa for Canada oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RAY12345(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
Linzo:

Mr man stop encouraging people to prepay school because it harms the applicant more with no benefit from it and at the end if refuses Visa, getting refund has prove hectic and student will have to lose a huge part of the his/her hard earned money or even all the money.

Hello Chief, how did u arrive at that conclusion @bolded? in my opinion, that's not true. Different schools with different refund policy. And I'm yet to see one that has proved to be hectic in a case of visa refusal. You may want to list out the schools. By just sending a mail to your school stating that visa was refused and attaching the refusal document, you will get the refund processed within days. and it's not in all schools you will lose part of your money.

cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
The part where he states that payment of fees brings suspicion that you’re not a genuine student makes me ponder.
Apart from the fact that an applicant reiterates his position in terms academic progression, nothing bolsters your commitment to education more than the receipt of your tuition fee payment. How else are you a student/potential student without showing financial commitment to study. In fact it is more noxious to apply without paying because they are used to Nigerian students getting to Canada and easily absconding from school without undergoing the stress of recovering refunds from tuition payment. So if the only issue with one’s application is finance (maybe a lump sum, etc) and the applicant has paid the fees, it would certainly scream commitment in the ears of the VO and definitely not suspicion. Thank you blaugrana82 for your discretion.
Let the public adhere to the paradigm of paying fees which has been working for applicants from the early days of this forum. Cheers

blaugrana82:
It's really sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
mcobex:

There are 2 conditions which need to be met as stated on page 11. Is she able to satisfy them? That's why I was asking of the resumption date. I also hope she is not getting information from a third party.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/doyenrey

Check Crandall University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2018
@mcobex @jnyuwa02 @bbclue and other house mate pls my gcms note have arrive pls share your advice with i don't want to get refuse again this is my 4th application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 11:28pm On Aug 30, 2018
Cherryola:
@mcobex @jnyuwa02 @bbclue and other house mate pls my gcms note have arrive pls share your advice with i don't want to get refuse again this is my 4th application

Share your last application profile, the documents submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kuffour1267: 12:05am On Aug 31, 2018
I guess she don used agent be that and maybe the agent requested for another 700k from her

mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 12:38am On Aug 31, 2018
Application refused
Paper route
Applied 27th July
Eligibility began 18th August
Refusal letter 29th August
Processed in Nairobi
I actually wonder if they go through documents provided. I’m really surprised.

I’m to resume in January so I plan on reapplying for the last time and I want to do it all by myself and I want to use the online route this time. Please I need all the support I can get. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by afamnwodo10: 1:50am On Aug 31, 2018
I am about to apply for my canada student visa. Every other documents I have compressed to less than 4mb but my sponsor's bank statement is too bulky. For the past 5 days I have been working on it to compress it using almost all the compressor online. The least I can get it just 26mb clear anything less than that can't be readable. Actually the original file size of the scanned bank statement is 107mb PDF though it was first scanned in picture formats first and then converted to pdf. I am so confused. I have tried so many techniques and even took it to business computer centers, until now nothing. This bank statement is 6months and is about 252 pages.
My last option tomorrow morning is to reduce the pages to half or lesser than half by randomly extracting some pages. Please I need an advice before I do this. I need an advice as soon as possible please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 3:17am On Aug 31, 2018
So sorry my brother. But you kept applying over and over again without applying for GCMS note. The last time you are supposed to do that, did you?
Carlz1:
Application refused
Paper route
Applied 27th July
Eligibility began 18th August
Refusal letter 29th August
Processed in Nairobi
I actually wonder if they go through documents provided. I’m really surprised.

I’m to resume in January so I plan on reapplying for the last time and I want to do it all by myself and I want to use the online route this time. Please I need all the support I can get. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 3:41am On Aug 31, 2018
afamnwodo10:
I am about to apply for my canada student visa. Every other documents I have compressed to less than 4mb but my sponsor's bank statement is too bulky. For the past 5 days I have been working on it to compress it using almost all the compressor online. The least I can get it just 26mb clear anything less than that can't be readable. Actually the original file size of the scanned bank statement is 107mb PDF though it was first scanned in picture formats first and then converted to pdf. I am so confused. I have tried so many techniques and even took it to business computer centers, until now nothing. This bank statement is 6months and is about 252 pages.
My last option tomorrow morning is to reduce the pages to half or lesser than half by randomly extracting some pages. Please I need an advice before I do this. I need an advice as soon as possible please.

You can reduce it to maybe 4 months or 5 months and scan in black and white. Explain why you can't upload the 6 months SOA and why you scanned in black and white. What i did was that i created like a table of content page for my financials. It will be like:

Doc no 1 - Naira account
Doc no 2 - Dollar account
Doc no 3 - Tuition payment receipt etc

So you can make the explanation on the table of content page which should be the first page the VO will see when reviewing your financial.

Wish you the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:41am On Aug 31, 2018
afamnwodo10:

I feel your pain. You really don’t need 6 months. CIC recommends bank statement dating 3 months back. Try that!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 3:53am On Aug 31, 2018
Newman1010:

Thanks but the course I applied is MBA , what I see here is continuing studies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.