Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784035 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
Am tired of mailing these professors, please anyone here applying or already have a masters admission in University of British Columbia or University of Manitoba?
Please indicate or kindly PM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
mightyola:
Yes, My First application

you have a tight app, repakage and refire, maybe u should use paper route this time like some gurus have suggested, also dont forget the most important thing 'prayers' you will surely testify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thank you so much.
I showed home ties by stating I have landed properties to inherit, birth certificate of mother and siblings and also a membership to professional bodies like NSE & OSP. These can fly right?

Frankrobbn1:

Are these number of persons (5) still under her care? If there are some that are already married or working in their respective offices, then her financial resources is sufficient. Moreover, the era of insufficient funds for CIC has passed, you're left with a big task to convince the visa officer beyond reasonable doubt that your intent of travelling to Canada is strictly for studies and would leave after your authorized stay by providing sufficient ties back home.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thanks so much, working on that.

blessedness:

you have a tight app, repakage and refire, maybe u should use paper route this time like some gurus have suggested, also dont forget the most important thing 'prayers' you will surely testify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by seunnuga: 4:41am On Sep 14, 2018
Please any uottawa science student here? The 7819 CAD tuition on their website, is it per semester or per year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by segtak25: 7:29am On Sep 14, 2018
Dera12345:
Am tired of mailing these professors, please anyone here applying or already have a masters admission in University of British Columbia or University of Manitoba?
Please indicate or kindly PM
My brother It's not easy.
Have applied to university of Manitoba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Linzo:
Please someone should help me with the link to book appointment with VAC, I'm going through paper route.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-Appointment/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2018
segtak25:

My brother It's not easy.
Have applied to university of Manitoba.

A sister..
Please reply my PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by segtak25: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2018
Dera12345:

A sister..
Please reply my PM
ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kriff: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2018
Yes, it's per semester (Term).

seunnuga:
Please any uottawa science student here? The 7819 CAD tuition on their website, is it per semester or per year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2018
Like play like play second week of September and thread 14 is coming to an end, it shall end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2018
Per semester

seunnuga:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DanielUC(m): 8:51am On Sep 14, 2018
Good morning all. Once again I humbly request that you share your thoughts about this. I just hope to get it right this time.
DanielUC:
Good day all,

Please your candid advice will be needful here.

I have secured an admission at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Edmonton to study INDUSTRIAL HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY (2 yrs diploma program)

I have tried applying for study permit last year into Canada which failed due to insufficient funds on the path of my sponsor and also on mine too. I was also refused because my SOP was not convincing enough because I chose going for a diploma program even when I have a degree already (but a 3rd class - Mech. Engr.).

I am about to apply again this month with the same diploma program with a convincing SOP explaining why I chose this lower program, with the help of my aunt whose savings account is funded to the tune of 50million naira (as full sponsor). Although, I am employed, my salary payments are not made through the bank but by hand (cash), I earn 100k monthly. Is it possible for me not to bring in my financial details at all and just claim that my aunt is funding everything?

Also, what other documents must follow my aunt's bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2018
DanielUC:
Good morning all. Once again I humbly request that you share your thoughts about this. I just hope to get it right this time.

I can only give my opinion while others add theirs.

After having obtained a 3rd class, a PgD is progression in my opinion so the course you're pursuing is relevant. However you also need to see if your current duties are in line with your proposed studies and if not, address it in your SOP.

Next, address all reasons for the non approval of your previous visa application making sure you touch on each point.

You can get your aunt to move the funds she intends to spend on your sojourn into your account and get her to sign sn affidavit of sponsorship to show total commitment to the course.

Finally, you can check if the school you applied to is an accredited DLI (you can Google it) so as to be sure if you will be able to get a work permit after studying there.

Hope I've addressed most of your concerns
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by litterbug(f): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2018
Good morning everybody, pls I need your candid advice. My school has cancelled my admission since I couldn't meet up with their resumption and the 2weeks grace given has elapsed. I was told to reapply for fall 2019 as they don't have any winter session. I have started looking for schools for winter session but what happens if cic request for a new admission letter? I'm really confused pls brothers and sisters I need your advice. One thing is I can't want for fall next year. But how do I go with it and also what do I do as pa cic since my app is still on background check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DanielUC(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for your reply@Dwebb55. I actually tried looking for a PGD program in Canada but unfortunately couldn't find any, so I chose to go for this diploma which is related to Mechanical Engineering which is my first degree which I thought can serve as a TOP-UP. Concerning the SOP, can I state there clearly why I may be unable to support myself financially while responding to the reason for the previous application that was denied?
Dwebb55:

I can only give my opinion while others add theirs.

After having obtained a 3rd class, a PgD is progression in my opinion so the course you're pursuing is relevant. However you also need to see if your current duties are in line with your proposed studies and if not, address it in your SOP.

Next, address all reasons for the non approval of your previous visa application making sure you touch on each point.

You can get your aunt to move the funds she intends to spend on your sojourn into your account and get her to sign sn affidavit of sponsorship to show total commitment to the course.

Finally, you can check if the school you applied to is an accredited DLI (you can Google it) so as to be sure if you will be able to get a work permit after studying there.

Hope I've addressed most of your concerns
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by litterbug(f): 10:31am On Sep 14, 2018
Pls gurus, brothers and sisters help ooooo.

litterbug:
Good morning everybody, pls I need your candid advice. My school has cancelled my admission since I couldn't meet up with their resumption and the 2weeks grace given has elapsed. I was told to reapply for fall 2019 as they don't have any winter session. I have started looking for schools for winter session but what happens if cic request for a new admission letter? I'm really confused pls brothers and sisters I need your advice. One thing is I can't want for fall next year. But how do I go with it and also what do I do as pa cic since my app is still on background check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2018
@Mightyola

Your best is yet to come. Grace to succeed bro!

Goodluck on your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2018
Awuuga:
Thank you so much.
I showed home ties by stating I have landed properties to inherit, birth certificate of mother and siblings and also a membership to professional bodies like NSE & OSP. These can fly right?

Your ties looks good! You can do better than the above by convincing the visa officer about your career prospects and plans after studies. How your proposed program will be of paramount benefit to you in future and to your nation as whole... What difference can you make upon your return to Nigeria?, how will your international certificate be of cutting edge over your contemporaries back home?, What is your short term and long term after study plan? All these can also stand as part of your unwavering commitments back home.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2018
@DanielIUC

If you want your application to fly, go for a PGD. Diploma is no progression for one who have already obtained a degree. Getting the admission is not usually the issue but convincing the VO.

This is my opinion. The decision is yours to make and its solely up to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2018
Tnablack:
@Dwebb55

If you want your application to fly, go for a PGD. Diploma is no progression for one who have already obtained a degree. Getting the admission is not usually the issue but convincing the VO. My opinion.

Its up to you though.
PGDs are very hard to come by in Canada o, please give examples of schools that do PGD in engineering and science fields in English speaking Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nnegold1: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2018
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2018
MISFITrep:
PGDs are very hard to come by in Canada o, please give examples of schools that do PGD in engineering and science fields in English speaking Canada

Have you checked Conestoga College, Red river college, and centennial College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2018
MISFITrep:

MUN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:18am On Sep 14, 2018
litterbug:
litterbug,

You have no choice, but to reapply to your school and have your acceptance letter (fall 2019) handy. You can't present a different DLI offer letter from the one you submitted with your application for CIC to approve your visa. Time flies, before you know it, we are already close to fall next year.

Edited: Since you can't wait for fall next year, reapply to your school for the fall 2019, and at the same time apply to another DLI for winter term. Once CIC requests for an updated LOA from you, send the fall 2019 to them. Then, when you've gotten your stamped visa passport, simply go to your MyCiC account and change the DLI so you can travel for the winter term 2019.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Who else is currently having issue with the "Check full application status" link?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2018
Hello Guys, which of the documents do I need to notarize please? I am trying to apply for my study permit too...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:40am On Sep 14, 2018
thompson1510:
Hello Guys, which of the documents do I need to notarize please? I am trying to apply for my study permit too...

Documents that needs to be notarized are documents that does not bear an official signature or stamp on them. Hence, if your documents have this, you don't have to notarized them. Countless applicants gets approved without notarising any of their documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by litterbug(f): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2018
Thank you so much @ Frankrobbn. You have always been so helpful on this thread.. may God continue to bless you. You are appreciated...

Frankrobbn1:

litterbug,

You have no choice, but to reapply to your school and have your acceptance letter (fall 2019) handy. You can't present a different DLI offer letter from the one you submitted with your application for CIC to approve your visa. Time flies, before you know it, we are already close to fall next year.

Edited: Since you can't wait for fall next year, reapply to your school for the fall 2019, and at the same time apply to another DLI for winter term. Once CIC requests for an updated LOA from you, send the fall 2019 to them. Then, when you've gotten your stamped visa passport, simply go to your MyCiC account and change the DLI so that you can travel for the winter term 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:48am On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Who else is currently having issue with the "Check full application status" link?
Could server be refreshing? Check again after noon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2018
Has anybody heard from Naijaforeigner?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thank you, Frank. I stated my career prospects and how my degree will benefit my home country in the future. My SOP isn't done yet, as I conclude I will include all the pointers you've given. I appreciate your help sir.

Frankrobbn1:

Your ties looks good! You can do better than the above by convincing the visa officer about your career prospects and plans after studies. How your proposed program will be of paramount benefit to you in future and to your nation as whole... What difference can you make upon your return to Nigeria?, how will your international certificate be of cutting edge over your contemporaries back home?, What is your short term and long term after study plan? All these can also stand as part of your unwavering commitments back home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.