Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787932 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Who else is currently having issue with the "Check full application status" link?
Same here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
Gathering Momentum on reapplying. I need help in shedding some light on how to tackle this:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Program: PGC Network and Security Architecture
School: Fanshawe College
Online application

Documents Submitted:
1. CIC DOCUMENTS:

2. ACADEMIC DOCS
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• International Passport
• Passport Photograph (2)
• Birth Certificate (British)
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate
• Statement of account with closing balance of 600k
• Pages of stamped passport to UK, DUBAI

4.Employment DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Employment
• Pay Stubs
• Letter of recommendation
• Identity Card
• Pension Statement

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• Fanshawe Letter of Admission
• Tuition Fees (1st Semester Payment Receipt)($7,500)

6. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Biological Sister Sponsor Statement of Account closing balance $42,000
• Biological Brother Sponsor Statement of Account closing balance 16,000 pounds
• International Passport Data Page of sponsors both American Citizens
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
DanielUC:
Thanks for your reply@Dwebb55. I actually tried looking for a PGD program in Canada but unfortunately couldn't find any, so I chose to go for this diploma which is related to Mechanical Engineering which is my first degree which I thought can serve as a TOP-UP. Concerning the SOP, can I state there clearly why I may be unable to support myself financially while responding to the reason for the previous application that was denied?

Giving the VO a reason like you being unable to meet your financial obligations isn't a good idea. Rather try and show how the education you'll gain will benefit you financially when you return and why you are not doing the program here. Based on your financial status you would be best served to undertake the course here so you'll have to address why it has to be Canada.

If you read page 0 of this thread, a comprehensive review of the reasons for denial are well explained.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Still not up.. Am suspecting this guys
galala123:

Could server be refreshing? Check again after noon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
Just stumbled on this...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Just stumbled on this...
Bros... Make your phone no catch fire... It's not easy!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Just stumbled on this...

If true, it could affect/delay paper applications right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DanielUC(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thanks for your reply@Tnablack. But do you know schools in Canada that can offer a graduate diploma to 3rd class graduates? I have tried looking for one but could find none.
Tnablack:
@DanielIUC

If you want your application to fly, go for a PGD. Diploma is no progression for one who have already obtained a degree. Getting the admission is not usually the issue but convincing the VO.

This is my opinion. The decision is yours to make and its solely up to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
ANaledi:

No it won't. It practically has nothing to do with applications not made from within Canada. And that will include work permit application from. within Canada, Parents sponsorship applications from within Canada and so on.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
ANaledi:

Don't think so as they explicitly mentioned "mailed within Canada". I think paper applications submitted outside Canada are transmitted electronically if need be.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Just stumbled on this...
Their server is down again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
Na my Lappy I dey use oo..
galala123:
Bros... Make your phone no catch fire... It's not easy!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henkubert: 1:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
Good afternoon ,

Please I don't know what is going on. I applied for study permit online the 19 of May did my biometric 22nd of May I got message that my application was received of the 25 of May ever since then I did not hear from the CIC until August 19 when I got mail that I should go for Medical which I did on the 23 of August I was expecting to hear from the CIC few days after for my passport request because my resumption supposed to be 22 of August. I have not hear anything from the CIC since my medical passed on the mycic few days after my medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Just stumbled on this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Just stumbled on this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
It was not specified, so it applies to both Paper and online...
ANaledi:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yea, but this time around they didnt notify us... Maybe when they are through with this whole Bruhaha.. We can be getting updates..
Lagos2canna:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=galala123 post=71193296][/quote] Guy you are following them on every corner, I greet you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Guy you are following them on every corner, I greet you

Close marking.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
It was not specified, so it applies to both Paper and online...
Canada post has nothing to do with applications made outside Canada. So e no concern Nigerians
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Na my Lappy I dey use oo..
OK. Put am on top of cooling fan and far away from your ... Better still connect to radiator shocked grin

Seems it's going to be another long weekend embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Guy you are following them on every corner, I greet you
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
dharmmy09

1) For most schools in Canada application for fall 2019 hasn't commenced. Application will commerce very soon so I'd advice you to keep checking.

2) What grade did you graduate with? The safest option will be to go for a biochem related course. However if you have a lot of relevant experience in business management and the likes, you can opt for a business related course. You will need to convince the VO by explaining why you're going for a PGD and not a master's (hence me asking the grade you graduated with).

I hope this helps. I can be corrected if the information provided isn't accurate.

Regards.

dharmmy09:
Good evening folks. I have been a vivid follower of this thread for some months now. To think i actually took my time to read some of the past Thread from the beginning to the end was "insane"( i ended up frying my eyes in the process). I have some questions which i would love you guys to help me with!
1)when does the registrations for fall 2019 starts?no info as of yet from all the schools i have searched.
2)i have a B.SC in biochem. Would it be wise to go for a business related course as a PGD route or biochem related course.

More questions as we proceed. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ok Noted. But why the delay in student permit applications in Nigeria? As we are aware, some peeps on this thread have applied since may/June, and they havnt gotten either an approval or a refusal.. So I believe it indirectly affects Nigerians..
MeinKampf:

Canada post has nothing to do with applications made outside Canada. So e no concern Nigerians
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin grin Am not really putting my full mind on this People jareh. Putting ma focus on ma work(as distraction frm this long wait), and when am really free, thats when I check My profile, do my Canadian research and also comment here.. It will end in praise las las..
galala123:

OK. Put am on top of cooling fan and far away from your ... Better still connect to radiator shocked grin

Seems it's going to be another long weekend embarassed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by viktor1: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
vtsouthpaw:
Good evening friends! Pls anyone who recently gained admission into Master of applied science in Safety and Risk Engineering or currently studying the course at memorial university of Newfoundland?

Thanks!

I wish everyone a great weekend!

Hello vtsouthpaw,
I sent you an email. Kindly respond for I need your help urgently.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by viktor1: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
vtsouthpaw:

Yea.....Msc Safety and Risk Engineering, fall 2018

Hello vtsouthpaw,
I'm applying for PGD Safety and Risk Engineering at MUN. I need urgent info from you. Please, I wish to connect with you. vikte4luv@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Ok Noted. But why the delay in student permit applications in Nigeria? As we are aware, some peeps on this thread have applied since may/June, and they havnt gotten either an approval or a refusal.. So I believe it indirectly affects Nigerians..
This kind of conclusion is hasty. You saw clearly in what you attached where it's explicitly stated that it can only affect applications made within Canada. Abi Nigerian applications fall within ones made inside Canada? Nothing concern a Nigerian with Canada post.
I'm surprised you still believe the bolded when you have said on numerous occasion that people have been getting decisions but haven't been coming out with it.
We are all tensed, but we should avoid speculations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by viktor1: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
SetApart78:
Good day great minds, am new here and I started following this thread only recently. I have issues bordering on study permit application process and requirements I need the elders on this forum to help me clarify.
I had a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and for the bast 3 years I have been working as a Health and Safety engineer in the UAE. I intend to improve on my competence by pursuing a Msc in Safety and risk Engineering program in Canada, of which I was given admission on 3rd of Aug, 2018, for the winter semester commencing in January, 2019. I am 39 years old. Though am married with 3 kids, I have been alone while my family is in Nigeria. My salary account in the UAE does not house any fund, I transfer home as soon as I receive. Considering the slow pace/delay in getting the study permit in Nigeria, i intend to apply for the study permit here in the UAE(my program starts in January 2019), as was earlier said.

My concerns:
1. What are my chances of getting the study permit?

2. Which SOA(statement Of Account) should I use as my UAE account is not always sufficiently funded or should I simply go to Nigeria and apply?

3. The required minimum fund(at least for the first year) in my Nigeria account is also not readily available(only about 3M) and I intent to fund it up to 10M. Will the VO not have an issue with the sudden huge financial inflow?

4. If I must use a sponsor, can I use my father in-law and what are the documents he needs to provide to support/prove his sponsorship capability.

I need your inputs please

Hello, I am also applying for same program. Have you been able to get answers to your questions?. Kind connect with me so that I can gain some insight on the process. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yea, I made that statement which is very true, but still there are people on this thread who have applied since may and havnt gotten response.. I still saw someone complaining some days back on this forum of he/she not getting updates despite applying since May/June. The House is tensed, But it shall end in praise las las.. Peace
MeinKampf:

This kind of conclusion is hasty. You saw clearly in what you attached where it's explicitly stated that it can only affect applications made within Canada. Abi Nigerian applications fall within ones made inside Canada? Nothing concern a Nigerian with Canada post.
I'm surprised you still believe the bolded when you have said on numerous occasion that people have been getting decisions but haven't been coming out with it.
We are all tensed, but we should avoid speculations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2018
please is any school portal opened for application M.sc computer science

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.